Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!

Go down 
+7
Janizzle
Cacity87
Riley 9
graciecat
BlondeB
iluvmatt
Lana
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! Empty
PostSubject: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:59 am

I'm so excited guys! We did it cheers for us!

Despite a clear lack of organization (people were still confused, including myself, on what the hell we were trending) we managed to pull it all together and trend #mattgiraudhatgod at the last second! And got it to number 2 and kept it there until @devil (better known as twitter) decided to take it completely off of the TT. I'm convinced that #1 was right around the corner for us, however Twitter seems to be gunning for us and it wasn't tonight. Oh well, there are other nights and an infinate amount of hashtags we could trend for Matt Cool

The chant, from what I am hearing via Twitter and Mjs, was also a success cheers I know for a fact that the "SIGN MATT GIRAUD" chant happened when Matt was signing before the concert, and folks are saying that not only did it happen during the concert, but Matt was aware!! (i'll let the lovely ladies who went explain more about what actually went down).

AND a plan I had no idea was happening, apparently some fans (prob. the BGs) got together and decided to give Matt a Bra Parade during DSB. And it was at the PERFECT time (when Adam was "singing" his part)

All in all, Tonight was a great night and I am so glad to have had a part in it all. Now GOODNIGHT LADIES!!!

Last edited by Lana on Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:07 am

Oh man, I cannot WAIT for the ladies to give us ALL of the details! I was so excited all night tonight and I wasn't even THERE! Smile It was a blast just keeping up with all of the tweets, MJs blog, Rickey's cellcert (which had AWESOME sound BTW-yay), and now these wonderful YouTube videos are starting to roll in. I even participated in the trending for a few hours (#mattgiraudthehatgod--REALLY?!) and really enjoyed seeing Danny, Kris, Anoop, and Adam give special shout-outs to Matt, both on Twitter and at the concert. What a great night for Matt! Now, if someone could just sign him to a record deal, life would just about be perfect right now, wouldn't it? Smile
Back to top Go down
BlondeB

BlondeB

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:50 am

I'll never understand Twitter..., never....but I'll take what I can get! I'm just glad something Matty related managed to trend on his special night. ILuvMatt, I agree, it was all very exciting even though I wasn't actually there. Thank goodness for the internet! I've never had so many windows open on my computer at one time before..ha-ha. I can just imagine the pure excitement of those who were at the show. The reviews and recaps are going to be some great reads...they can't come quick enough for me!

..and WOOHOOO to the 'chant' success and the bra parade (ha-ha at it happening during Adam's part -- good!)

Hope this is only one of many, many very special nights to come for Matt. He truly deserves it.
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:05 am

Tonight-- A night that will go down in Matt History!! So much fun and thanks Lana for tweeting me to change my tweet! (Although stupid twitter,@devil, locked me out!). I got home just as Matt started singing and went right to tweeting with what I thought we were trending! I thought my computer might crash with all the sites I kept open-even that evil mj's was positive towards Matt! cheers

By the way, did you guys check out the mlive (Grand Rapids)review-- I am pretty sure that some of our gals are in the pic with Matty (dsouthie? Cecilie? and couple of others? )

Loving the videos so far-- hope we get some where we can hear the chanting! bounce
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:35 am

@ACookOfficial If I can get to 10,000 followers by the end of the week...I will sign @ImMattGiraud to a record deal!
12 minutes ago from web

LOL Did I mention how much I loved Andrew Cook? I love you
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:01 am

Although I'm still not an expert at Twitter, I think I understand a little more about the trends. I have to agree that the trends are determined by a group of Twitter Administrators-- we said this before, but not everyone believed it. That is why #signmattgiraud and #SignMattG were blocked, but #mattgiraudhatgod wasn't. I read that Twitter is looking for topics that seem "interesting", not words that look like spam. I noticed that in the past few days, things like "#nickcomeback" and #findacurefornickj" have trended-- both referring to Nick Jonas. I think Twitter thought those 2 hashtags were more interesting than simply "Nick Jonas" or "IloveNick", etc. Idea Also, there have been some rather inappropriate trends lately, like #uknowureblackwhen and #uknowuregaywhen, which seem very politically incorrect to me, but who knows... scratch

HA-HA, a GOLD STAR to whomever came up with #mattgiraudhatgod last night. I don't know if it was a BG, FTL, Giraudian, etc., but he/she is a GENIUS! cheers I started out tweeting #SignMattG, but a few minutes later I noticed that #mattgiraudhatgod had already climbed to the #6 spot or something! So I tweeted #mattgiraudhatgod for the rest of the hour, since I never saw #SignMattG or #signmattgiraud anywhere on the top10 list.

That's truly AMAZING, and dare I say "EPIC"? sunny YIPEEEEE!
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:15 am

Riley 9 wrote:
Although I'm still not an expert at Twitter, I think I understand a little more about the trends. I have to agree that the trends are determined by a group of Twitter Administrators-- we said this before, but not everyone believed it. That is why #signmattgiraud and #SignMattG were blocked, but #mattgiraudhatgod wasn't. I read that Twitter is looking for topics that seem "interesting", not words that look like spam. I noticed that in the past few days, things like "#nickcomeback" and #findacurefornickj" have trended-- both referring to Nick Jonas. I think Twitter thought those 2 hashtags were more interesting than simply "Nick Jonas" or "IloveNick", etc. Idea Also, there have been some rather inappropriate trends lately, like #uknowureblackwhen and #uknowuregaywhen, which seem very politically incorrect to me, but who knows... scratch

HA-HA, a GOLD STAR to whomever came up with #mattgiraudhatgod last night. I don't know if it was a BG, FTL, Giraudian, etc., but he/she is a GENIUS! cheers I started out tweeting #SignMattG, but a few minutes later I noticed that #mattgiraudhatgod had already climbed to the #6 spot or something! So I tweeted #mattgiraudhatgod for the rest of the hour, since I never saw #SignMattG or #signmattgiraud anywhere on the top10 list.

But #signanoopdesai trended the other night and so did #iluvkris. *shrug* Oh well. I admit that I helped out with #mattgiraudhatgod! LOL I laughed when I saw that it was trending and I thought, "Well, it's better than nothing!" Smile
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:25 am

Yeah, #signanoopdesai trended, and we even got #signmattgiraud to trend before, I think it may just be that we have tried trending it too many times, and a lot of people's tweet would have like one word (or letter) and all #signmattgiraud or whatever so it looked like a bunch of spam. So #signmattgiraud was blocked (and anything, it looks like, that has "matt" and "signed" in it as #signmattg was getting more tweets than #mattgiraudhatgod and it never made it to the list). #signanoopdesai trended, I guess, because it was a new hashtag and wasn't blocked.

And I believe that ONTD_AI had a poll some time ago about what they would trend and #mattgiraudhatgod won and that's where it came from.

I'm just glad we trended for Matt. I really didn't care what it was, I just wanted to see his name on that Trending Topics list to help put a beautiful stamp on an incredible night for him. And we succeeded at that cheers
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:31 am

iluvmatt wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:

But #signanoopdesai trended the other night and so did #iluvkris. *shrug* Oh well. I admit that I helped out with #mattgiraudhatgod! LOL I laughed when I saw that it was trending and I thought, "Well, it's better than nothing!" Smile

Yes, but I think Twitter didn't block "signanoopdesai" or "iluvkris" because their fans had never tried to trend those phrases before, whereas Matt's fans had already trended "#signmattgiraud" successfully. As I said before, I think #SignMattG was too similar (according to The Twitter people) to "signmattgiraud", so they blocked it. I really do suspect that MORE PEOPLE were tweeting #SignMattG than #mattgiraudhatgod at 8 PM, but Twitter didn't want that phrase to trend again. I noticed that ONTD_AI used "#AdamAlbumNov24", and it trended easily. IMO, Twitter probably thought that whoever Adam is, his fans are excited about his new album THREE MONTHS AHEAD OF TIME! sunny

If Matt fans want to try trending his name again, I guess we would have to come up with another pithy saying, not just #SignMattG or #signmattgiraud! I know there are lots of clever Matt fans out there, so it shouldn't be too difficult! I think the key to success is that we all have to agree to tweet AT THE SAME TIME! cheers
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:01 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:

Yes, but I think Twitter didn't block "signanoopdesai" or "iluvkris" because their fans had never tried to trend those phrases before, whereas Matt's fans had already trended "#signmattgiraud" successfully. As I said before, I think #SignMattG was too similar (according to The Twitter people) to "signmattgiraud", so they blocked it. I really do suspect that MORE PEOPLE were tweeting #SignMattG than #mattgiraudhatgod at 8 PM, but Twitter didn't want that phrase to trend again. I noticed that ONTD_AI used "#AdamAlbumNov24", and it trended easily. IMO, Twitter probably thought that whoever Adam is, his fans are excited about his new album THREE MONTHS AHEAD OF TIME! sunny

If Matt fans want to try trending his name again, I guess we would have to come up with another pithy saying, not just #SignMattG or #signmattgiraud! I know there are lots of clever Matt fans out there, so it shouldn't be too difficult! I think the key to success is that we all have to agree to tweet AT THE SAME TIME! cheers

Yes, consistency and good communication is key! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:11 pm

cheers Good to hear about all the successes of last night! cheers

But I can't help but be a little ticked at Twitter. Mad Because, as I suspected, they are completely biased towards Trending Topics. We KNOW that #signmattg was for a fact tweeted more times than #mattgiraudhatgod and yet, they thought it would be hilarious to trend that one and not our MOST important mission - Matt Giraud getting signed.

Anyways, I'm just glad it trended one time before. But if #signanoopdesai or #iluvkris trend AGAIN with no problem...I will throw down! haha. Well, I'll just be really upset.

Anyway, I am over trending now. I think it was good while it lasted. But I'm not going to fight with Twitter anymore. We've made it clear plenty of times that we would like to see #SignMattGiraud trending or even #SignMattG. And now people are trying to trend #mattgneeds2besigned. And I am just not going to fight with it. There is better ways to spend our time - Twitter trending stinks! Mad Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:23 pm

LOL Cacity I agree with you! I saw them this morning trying to trend #mattgneeds2besigned and while it is a good gesture, It's a really bad time. We JUST trended #mattgiraudhatgod for his show last night, and To try again so soon just seems pretty selfish. It won't work and kind of takes away from our success a little bit last night. The gesture is awesome, I just think that too much trending takes the novelty out of it.

But I am a Matt fan through and through, and if people still feel as if trending is the way to go, then I'll pull my weight. I agree with Riley though that there should be some clear idea and agreement on the time, and what will trend. We should take ONTD_AI's lead and do a poll.

Here are some of my suggestions:

#Mattgiraudsoulgod

#welovemattgiraud

#mattgiraudrules

#19signmattgiraud

#interscopesignmattgiraud

That's all I got for now...
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:52 pm

Lana wrote:
LOL Cacity I agree with you! I saw them this morning trying to trend #mattgneeds2besigned and while it is a good gesture, It's a really bad time. We JUST trended #mattgiraudhatgod for his show last night, and To try again so soon just seems pretty selfish. It won't work and kind of takes away from our success a little bit last night. The gesture is awesome, I just think that too much trending takes the novelty out of it.

But I am a Matt fan through and through, and if people still feel as if trending is the way to go, then I'll pull my weight. I agree with Riley though that there should be some clear idea and agreement on the time, and what will trend. We should take ONTD_AI's lead and do a poll.

Here are some of my suggestions:

#Mattgiraudsoulgod

#welovemattgiraud

#mattgiraudrules

#19signmattgiraud

#interscopesignmattgiraud

That's all I got for now...

Great idea to have a poll, Lana!
Next time we will be more organized! But I agree with Cacity87 that we can't try to trend too often, or it won't seem as "special" anymore! sunny

I suggested something simple for a trend like #MattGiraudRecordDeal . Even though Matt doesn't have a record deal yet, at least people might start talking about him and WHY it hasn't happened yet! Idea
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 1:28 pm

I like that idea Riley, to have something with record labels to be trended for Matt. I think if we do this again, it has to be something big and special, not just some random trending just for the sake of trending. I was thinking that we could maybe all get together one last time and for the Fianle trend for Matt. It's the last tour stop before he's out on his own, and we can help him go out with a bang (or at least on the edge of people's minds by getting him trended on this night). What does everyone think of this? If we can get enough Matt fans on board (because we may have to do it on our own as I'm sure ONTD_AI will be trending something Kradam related) and we will need ALOT of Matt fans to pull this off. We may be competing with Kris and Adam fans for finale night trending which is what I am afraid of.

If anyone will be up we should try to come up with a time and some ideas, and then at some point, when we feel confident in some of the choices, maybe we can do the poll?
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:03 pm

Yes, the BG's threw bras at Matt!! It was priceless! And then he picked up one of them, which happened to be MINE, swung it around, and threw it! It was hilarious!! I later saw the crew guys messing with it! I hope it makes the Wall of Fame...lmao! I really hope someone got that in video!!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:06 pm

Oh and also, in that second vid, that is me getting a picture with Sarver! He was nice, but he didn't remember meeting me in Philly! He said "I meet a lot of people...I'm not gonna lie, but I appreciate you". Whatever! haha

I'm gonna post my story soon! SO much to say about Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:11 pm

Janizzle wrote:
Yes, the BG's threw bras at Matt!! It was priceless! And then he picked up one of them, which happened to be MINE, swung it around, and threw it! It was hilarious!! I later saw the crew guys messing with it! I hope it makes the Wall of Fame...lmao! I really hope someone got that in video!!

Awesome!!!! cheers Hahah! Adam thought all the underthings were for him alone! Laughing Way to go, BGs!!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:01 am

love that video and yes that is us chanting "signmattgiraud" in the background. We chanted after Hard To Handle! could it be heard?????
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:04 am

lovethemtigers wrote:
love that video and yes that is us chanting "signmattgiraud" in the background. We chanted after Hard To Handle! could it be heard?????

I couldn't hear it from where Maci and I were sitting but apparently someone tweeted from the show that they heard it. I tried getting my section to do it and I chanted but sadly I didn't hear anyone else but of course the screaming was just so loud. I couldn't even hear myself chanting it!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 10:05 am

Janizzle wrote:
Oh and also, in that second vid, that is me getting a picture with Sarver! He was nice, but he didn't remember meeting me in Philly! He said "I meet a lot of people...I'm not gonna lie, but I appreciate you". Whatever! haha

I'm gonna post my story soon! SO much to say about Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo! Very Happy

Can't wait to read your recap Janizzle. I will finish mine tonight!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

Janizzle wrote:

The moment of picking, isn´t it? Very Happy

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! Bragat11
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 8:42 am

cranberry wrote:
Janizzle wrote:

The moment of picking, isn´t it? Very Happy

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! Bragat11

OMG!! I need to keep this picture and cherish it forever! LMAO
Matt Giraud is the only person on EARTH that I would do this for!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!   SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SUCCESS SUCCESS SUCCESS!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt There is Nothing Small About You!-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com