Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?

Go down 
+17
Elicious
pebbles87
skycheyan
Heidi
pea0295
happy37
Cacity87
Cindyy
Janizzle
Holly417
poisnivy
livgiraud
RachIP
OvenMitt
be11s
stace0528
Jenna
21 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? Empty
PostSubject: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 10:12 pm

For me it would have to be the save. It was just so touching and really quite beautiful to see all the love and support for Matt not to mention his obvious heartfelt thankfulness and happiness.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
stace0528

stace0528

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:23 am

Definitely the save.

I also love how he made it from the Wild Card. I seriously was so nervous he was never going to get a chance and they let him in. I was sooooooo excited! Smile
Back to top Go down
be11s

be11s

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Of course, gotta love the save.
I'm also a fan of "Let's Get it On," probably because of Those Jeans Wink
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 3:55 pm

THE SAVE!!! How could you not fall in love after he sang for his life? His soul was positively pouring out all over the stage, and when he cried? That was, for me, the BEST Idol moment EVER. Period.
Back to top Go down
RachIP

RachIP

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:00 pm

I'm going to be unoriginal here and also say that the save was an amazing moment...I agree that it was the best moment on Idol...EVER! He just stole everyone's heart, including mine...but actually, he had already done that quite a bit earlier...this just sealed the deal.

As for performances, I just loved his Part Time Lover...it came off so perfect & confident! It was AWESOME!

But my top FAVORITE song of his ~ My Funny Valentine...his performance in the show, and then as his exit song...just PERFECTION. Nothing more I can say about it...just PERFECT. And the studio recording?? SIMPLY BREATHTAKING.
Back to top Go down
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:17 pm

Well, my favorite moment has got to be LGIO. I'll never forget that performance as long as i live.

The save was amazing and emotional, but it was incredibly hard on me. I couldn't stop shaking and crying...i was terrified. And then all the bashing that came afterwards....irc. It was just bittersweet.

His final performance was my second favorite after LGIO. I knew that was the end, but he killed that song and it was a stellar performance. He was finally free. I felt the relief in his voice, even though i cried my eyes out for days. I just couldn't believe i wasn't going to see him on TV anymore. But then he came out and he nailed his interviews and live performances. We discovered that AI was like torture for him and he was okay leaving.

So that's why i love the final performance. It's the beginning of his career as a respected musician.
Back to top Go down
poisnivy

poisnivy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 10:06 am

those tears in his eyes when he got the save... I'll never forget that look on his face Smile the same look he got when he was thanking his fans for making his dream come true at his HC Smile he just warms my heart.
Back to top Go down
Holly417

Holly417

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:32 pm

of course the save was my favorite, but since everyone has mentioned that I will talk about my 2 other favorite moments!

One was during the results show after he sang Staying Alive. With two people going home that night, I was so nervous for him, but just seeing his face and his reaction when Ryan told him he was safe was priceless! He was soooo happy!

Also, Probably one of Matt's best moments was singing My Funny Valentine after being voted off. The way he took charge of the stage and just went for it and sang without nerves was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:09 pm

I just love that Matt was saved. The pure joy in all the other contestants' faces was incredible. I love when he sang that song and as he went closer to the judges the audience rose to its feet! It was just so beautiful the way he performed and the way it was received. Of course the chanting just put it over the top, and the tears..."made a grown man cry on national TV"! He deserved all the 2nd chances he got, he really is what the show was ORIGINALLY supposed to be about!

Honorable mention: Disco dance number!! bom
Back to top Go down
be11s

be11s

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Janizzle wrote:

Honorable mention: Disco dance number!! bom

Ohhh yeah. That's definitely up there on my list, too. He was f'n sex on a m-f'n stick *drool*

'scuse my french, but i couldn't find a better phrase to describe what that did to me, hahaha
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:26 pm

The Save was definitely my favorite moment. (:

And I LOVED his Part Time Lover performance.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:46 pm

I've gotta go with the Judges Save. I mean, Matt was the first ever. He made history.

I also loved when he was chosen as a Wildcard. Moments like that, just showed how special he was and how talented the judges thought he was as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
happy37

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:00 am

OK fine the save, but also anytime his lips touched the microphone. There was the one time during When a Man Loves a Woman at the end. I almost died. It was like he was kissing the mic.
Back to top Go down
pea0295

pea0295

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:24 pm

Honestly there are so many awesome Matt moments, AI definitely played w/ his emotions for sure, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and they went for it... TPTB.

so THE SAVE. everyone has written about it so eloquenly already so i'll leave it at that.

another great one was April Fools Day results show. Matt was in the bottom 2 the week prior for LGIO, so I believe it was Top Dowloads Week. Ryan told Matt to go to the chairs again.. . and they were playing the Happy AI music, but Matt assumed he was in the bottom.... but Ryan said he was safe. I'm not describing this well but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. He had the greatest smile and then turned up the swagger as he walked to the happy couches. All the contestents seemed genuinly happy for him, and Kris embraced him... Smile
ryan really screwed w/ matt on results night, this wasn't the only time!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:52 pm

pea0295 wrote:
Honestly there are so many awesome Matt moments, AI definitely played w/ his emotions for sure, but he wears his heart on his sleeve and they went for it... TPTB.

so THE SAVE. everyone has written about it so eloquenly already so i'll leave it at that.

another great one was April Fools Day results show. Matt was in the bottom 2 the week prior for LGIO, so I believe it was Top Dowloads Week. Ryan told Matt to go to the chairs again.. . and they were playing the Happy AI music, but Matt assumed he was in the bottom.... but Ryan said he was safe. I'm not describing this well but I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about. He had the greatest smile and then turned up the swagger as he walked to the happy couches. All the contestents seemed genuinly happy for him, and Kris embraced him... Smile
Haha! You said "happy AI music"! I don't know why, but that made me laugh. It's so true! They have the "sorry, you sucked this week" devistating music, and the "Congratulations! You're not a loser!" version. Has there ever been a theme song that is more recognizable but somehow un-imitatable than the AI theme song? Every time the show is about to come on Tuesday nights, I hum the tune and bop around, and every time my husband says, "What the hell are you singing, woman?". And I'm like, "It's the AI theme song, don't you recognize it?". He never does. This is where Matt's beatboxing skills would probably come in handy!

Oh, and on the ACTUAL topic at hand, I'd like to mention my OTHER favorite Matt moment. It was the little pre-performance interview on Year of Birth week, when Matt was giggling about his angel play and that he had 72 lines. That's the essence of Matt right there. Funny, adorable, humble, self-depricating yet SEXY AS HELL!!
Back to top Go down
Heidi

Heidi

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 4:04 pm

Every week when Ryan told Matt that he was safe. The look of relief on his face was priceless.
I loved that he felt relieved. He went from sad Matt (which breaks my heart) to elated, relieved Matt.
His smile lights up his entire beautiful face. I love you

Those moments were my favorite, followed by every single second he had screen time.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:26 pm

Heidi wrote:
Every week when Ryan told Matt that he was safe. The look of relief on his face was priceless.
I loved that he felt relieved. He went from sad Matt (which breaks my heart) to elated, relieved Matt.
His smile lights up his entire beautiful face. I love you

Those moments were my favorite, followed by every single second he had screen time.

Aww, I love this too. Smile

And you're right, every single bit of screen time Matt got was amaaazing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:20 pm

Of course the save.

My others are human nature...he can WORK a mic.

PTL I love the jacket tug so sexy

Some disco shakkin

Closer. The first group performance I have watched it a ton. They way matt moves in that oh my!!!!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:46 pm

my favorite moment was actually during the Top 13 results show when he did the walk of shame like he was in the B3... the laugh, the sorry's, and the thumbs up.... instantly hooked....

and the others would be PTL (so hot), the save of course, and his performance after he got voted off- not that i was happy he was gone but it was just soo emotional and he laid his heart on the stage and just left it there... soo beautiful...
Back to top Go down
pea0295

pea0295

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:27 am

OvenMitt wrote:
pea0295 wrote:

Haha! You said "happy AI music"! I don't know why, but that made me laugh. It's so true! They have the "sorry, you sucked this week" devistating music, and the "Congratulations! You're not a loser!" version. Has there ever been a theme song that is more recognizable but somehow un-imitatable than the AI theme song? Every time the show is about to come on Tuesday nights, I hum the tune and bop around, and every time my husband says, "What the hell are you singing, woman?". And I'm like, "It's the AI theme song, don't you recognize it?". He never does. This is where Matt's beatboxing skills would probably come in handy!

Oh, and on the ACTUAL topic at hand, I'd like to mention my OTHER favorite Matt moment. It was the little pre-performance interview on Year of Birth week, when Matt was giggling about his angel play and that he had 72 lines. That's the essence of Matt right there. Funny, adorable, humble, self-depricating yet SEXY AS HELL!!

The AI music is definitely entrancing... it really gets me excited, whoever composed that really is a genius. I have all sorts of emotions when that twangy sounds starts, nervous excited, scared, happy!

Ryan really had a field day w/ the contestants this year on results night. He knows how much power he holds. oh and not on the topic of Matt, but ryans dancing w/ the kid from africa that sang NOAH, ryan has no rythm, he's worse than Danny!
Back to top Go down
Elicious

Elicious

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:10 am

Definitely the save and when he sings My Funny Valentine for the last time. ;(
Back to top Go down
paigeturner

paigeturner

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:05 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
my favorite moment was actually during the Top 13 results show when he did the walk of shame like he was in the B3... the laugh, the sorry's, and the thumbs up.... instantly hooked....

and the others would be PTL (so hot), the save of course, and his performance after he got voted off- not that i was happy he was gone but it was just soo emotional and he laid his heart on the stage and just left it there... soo beautiful...

You stole the words right out of my mouth! I also, really liked Disco Week results show, when Ryan told him he was safe, not even in the bottom three...I think he really thought that he was gonna be on the chopping block...he looked so pleasantly surprised, and I was so glad he didn't have to go through the whole rigamarole of bottom three AGAIN that week after the save...
Back to top Go down
eggwhites

eggwhites

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:24 am

I love the save! It's as if he had won the whole thing already!
Another favourite moment, would be his shoulder shrug action during part-time lovers! Love that one Smile
Actually I love every single matt moment!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:24 pm

Yes the save was a classic Moment..the crowd cheering for the judges to save him, the reaction of the Idols when Simon said, "Matt, it's good news" the look on Matt's face....

Singing wise - best moment - Let's Get It On

And I love love love him in "Shake Your Body Down to The Ground"...I watch it over and over.

And his favorite look for me - the night he gets voted off for the final time - those jeans, that black shirt, the open v-neck, the fedora, the rosary around his neck - simply divine. His sad face as he is watching his exit video.

Gosh, I miss Matt and so disappointed that we didn't get more Matt last night - when I was so looking forward to it....... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:45 pm

ohhh jeez it's really tough to pick just one? How about all Matt moments haha? I'd definitely have to say the save!! and I loved White Chocolate too because he got a standing O from his peers. Andddd I think if we got to see ALL of georgia that would be my fav because I'm sure it was absolutely amazing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?   What was your favorite Matt moment on AI? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was your favorite Matt moment on AI?
Page 1 of 1