Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR

Go down 
+8
OvenMitt
mattyfan
Lisa_M
cranberry
mattyg93
asianmegan
Jenna
Lana
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR Empty
PostSubject: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:12 pm

Quote :
Then we went inside and MATT was there, already chatting it up with ncgrrl CincoDeMayo55 and Dazzleme18. His face lightened up when he saw vienna_sausages and we all started joking. I confessed that I had been the person tweeting Matt Disney lyric questions ("hey @ImMattGiraud, Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon?" being an example), and he was cracking up. He specifically remembered "Hey, @ImMattGiraud, "How high does a sycamore grow (being that you don't cut it down of course, because then you'll never know)?". This happened to make my life. I then hit him with my cheesy pickup line I had been working on ("Hey Matt, I think I died during the concert, because I swear your voice is heaven"), and he doubled over laughing. MISSION. ACCOMPLISHED. We all took a group picture with Matt wearing my purple fedora. He was so sweet. He thanked us all for coming.

...and after the party is the HOTEL LOBBY!
So, all of the crazy 4 benches told me to get my butt over to their hotel and party. All of the idols, and the contestants from SYTYCD Season 5 were staying at the hotel, so we camped out and waited for the idols to return from the show. It was late, and there was minimal flailing for the most part.

ATTENTION: THIS IS WHERE SHIT GETS REAL
So we were flitting between our room and the lobby when vienna_sausages gets a text message from, I think his name is Trent (if you went to any of the east coast shows, you know who he is. The guy in the pink shirt who is the BIGGEST Megan Joy fan of all time). He basically was like "GET YOUR ASSES TO THE LOBBY, BECAUSE MATT IS PLAYING PIANO DANNY, AND ANOOP ARE SINGING ALONG. ALSO, THE ENTIRETY OF SYTYCD5 ARE DOWN HERE TOO. GET. DOWN. HERE. NOW"

So we all flail, and run back down to the lobby to hear Matt doing this AMAZING stripped down version of "Human Nature". His piano playing was way more complicated and flowy. It sounded SO amazing. We camped out right behind the piano so I could get a good view of his hands. Let me tell you, this was my second best idea of the night.

Then, Matt starts playing "End Of The Road" by boys to men, and Anoop and Danny break into 3 part harmony. They sounded so awesome. Especially Anoop. When he's just singing, no flashy vocals or instrumentation to battle with, his voice is soooo round and textured. I basically died. Danny was awesome too, because he was riffing all over the place. The only downer that I could see, was that Randi, Jeanine, and Caitlin from SYTYCD5 were like, SHOUTING and singing along with them. I was like, benches, shut yo moufs and listen.

Melissa and I from SYTYCD5 also made eye contact. We smiled and "sup?" nodded one another. It was a ~moment.

Then, in an attempt to keep playing songs that they all knew, Matt broke into another BIIM song that I can not remember for the life of me. Yet again, it was amazing. Then Matt and Danny start going into gospel songs. Anoop was not taking these gospel-songs shennanigans sitting down, however. So as Matt and Danny are singing this one song, over the top of them Anoop is riffing "Don't sing gospellllll because it just makes everyone really awkwarddddd". This cracks Matt up, and he stop playing, and instead starts playing crowd favorites.

This is when Anoop spots someone outside, and he gives a smile and a nod. Then he leaves for the elevators, and we do not see him again for the rest of the night. However, 15 minutes later, Kayla from SYTYCD5 comes down from her room in her pajamas. I don't think anything happened between them, but it is up for speculation for anyone who cares.

I don't remember the order per-se of what he played, but here are the songs I remember

Great Balls Of Fire Matt did his thing where his voice gets all gruff and husky, and he is singing with so much soul. He didn't do much to the arrangement instrumentally (but what more can you really do to that song?), but his voice was very Hard To Handle-esque. During this, Jeanine and Philip from SYTYCD5 start wing dancing behind him. It was pretty awesome

Intro to In Da Club (50 cent) / Changes (2Pac) When Matt started the intro to In Da Club, Dany started to do some serious booty shaking / imitation twerking. Caitlin from SYTYCD5 is feelin his moves, and starts dancing back with him (which should say something. Honestly, DNW her dancing on the show, and if she thinks Danny's moves are good.... just saying). This begins the epic Caitlin/Danny being all over one another for the rest of the night thing. It was kinda cute. She seemed to like him. Matt also does not know the words to Changes very well. He basically rapped a different line from every verse. I am 22 years old and a woman. I know all of the lyrics to that song. This is one thing musically I do better than Matt. BOOM, BABY!

Benny and the Jets AWESOME. This is my favorite late-night song ever, so I was shaking and freaking out in my brain. Watching him improv during the piano interlude during the song was a religious experience. His hands, i think, touched every single key on that piano. No lie. He was allll over it, and it sounded so amazing. This is when Randi from SYTYCD5 asked "do you know Piano Man!??!?!". This is when i Face!Palmed very badly. His falsetto, might I add, was OUT OF CONTROL. So good when he's not trying to compete with anything else besides the piano. The complexity of his voice really shines in small groups of people. He has an instrument in there.

New York State of Mind GUH! Another one of my favorite Billy songs (and the song I would use if I ever auditioned for Idol). Another great one, where Matt's piano skills really shined.

Let's Get It On I BELIEVE THIS MOMENT GAVE ME CONGESTIVE HEART FAILURE. He did a lot of complicated things on the piano, and took trips up into his falsetto range A LOT. The whole thing was way more complicated than the arrangement he did on the show AND his studio. It sounded so much better. At this moment, my faith in god and lowercase jesus was renewed.

Back At One Was a really REALLY pretty duet between Matt and Danny. They both sounded great, but Matt.... Oh. My. God. I hate that song, but when he sang it, it sounded so amazing. Really. It was so good, that everyone listening (including all of the SYTYCD5 dancers, for the first time, thank god) got so quiet and just listened to him riff all over the place. It was simple, his voice was quiet and not all "rocked" out, but it was LEGIT the most impressive thing I have ever heard him sing. Coming from someone who is a big fan of his, that is saying something.

oh, and then Matt went from being all "Mr. "I-Used-To-Play-Piano-At-A-Bar" and started playing some of his ORIGINALS.

LET ME REPEAT.
MATT. GIRAUD. ORIGINALS.
OH-MY-GOODNESS. You think you've seen him play piano on tour or on the show!? YOU ARE MISTAKEN. I have never in my entire life seen someone play piano like that. Never. It was unreal. This hands were all over the place, hitting keys and making sounds I didnt even know were possible. AND HE CAN'T EVEN READ MUSIC!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!! WTAF?! He was amazing, and the songs he wrote were REALLY good. I can not stress this enough, he is a gifted musician. And when he started playing his own stuff, his entire demeanor changed. He stopped being laughy and jokey, but got all serious and it was really intense to watch him. It was magnetic too, almost like you couldn't take your eyes off of his playing. malenalalala and I had a moment where we looked at one another and mouthed "OH. MY. GOD" at one another. It was in this moment that I thanked god for my spot behind the piano, because watching him play was a religious experience. It was like he couldn't get the music out of his body quickly enough to satisfy his need to be playing it. That's the only way I can really describe it that would do the whole thing any justice.

Then a handler or a hotel manager kicked us out of the lobby (probably because it was 4:30 AM and they were probably going to try to start setting up for breakfast), so everyone cleared out pretty quickly. So the 5 of us moved to a corner by the piano, and had a moment of "DID THAT JUST REALLY HAPPEN?!?" shock and disbelief. We were all sort of sitting there, jaws on the ground, when Matt walks over to us. His handler asked him if he wanted to leave, or needed him there, and Matt said to him, and I quote "IT'S OKAY. THESE ARE MY PEOPLE".

BOOM. MY LIFE. IS COMPLETE. WE ALL FLAIL ON THE INSIDE.

So he comes over to talk to us, and the first thing out of my mouth was "Matt. If your songs were on Itunes, I would buy them RIGHT NOW. I'd drop .99 cents for that shit" and his face went from this Smile to this Very Happy. He thanked us, and there was general praise for his songs across the board. He looks at us and smiles and was like "It was nice, because back at the bar, when I played my own songs nobody wanted to hear them". To which I reinforced "Your own songs were better than the covers you did. I would even drop the $1.29 for them .That's serious business". He seemed kinda in a rush to leave and get out of the lobby (i think his handler was a little :-/ about him talking to us without security), and he thanked us all again, and left.

It was the single most incredible 2 hours of my entire life.

Gawd This makes me even more anxious to get my ass to Michigan in Jan.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Ok now that I can form resonable words after reading this I will comment.

It's absolutely amazing to me how talented this guy is. And I say this to myself at least once a day, but it truely feels like everytime I see or hear him, or read of someone else hearing him, he is just leaps and bounds better than he was the last time I saw him. On the show he was great. I can admit, though, that there were times where I was just a little let down because I always felt like he had so much more in him. Georgia and So Small were incredible, and those performances were what I was hanging on and what I used to convince myself over and over that he WAS good, he just couldn't always translate. The flashes of brilliance he had (studio of LGIO, part-time lover, studio of MVF) also helped to convince me that following this guy wasn't in vain. By the time of his elimination I was equal points frustrated, angry, and disappointed. Mostly angry at him because I just knew he had it in him, and I wanted so badly for him to pull it together at the last second. It just wasn't the right circumstances for him on that show.

But the tour...I was excited and happy and proud like I was when he did Georgia. I became a fan of his, it felt like, all over again. And boy has it been my pleasure to go around saying "I told you so" (I love to be right). I could have cried everytime I heard a newly converted fan, or a surprised Critic, or heck even the complete turn-around of Slezak. THIS was the Matt I was hoping for but wasn't sure really exsisted. I'd started doubting that he was really as good as I had made him out to be in my head, and maybe we couldn't get another Georgia or So Small moment from him. But AGAIN to my pleasure he gave us that Georgia moment 52 cities almost in a row on this tour. Add to this that we really got to know who he was a little outside performing and I got everything I was hoping I would get from Matt on this tour. And now I have never been more invested in him, or any musician, and I am genuinely a fan for as long as he sings. Now I didn't think that he could get any better than how he was on the tour...

This recap makes me think that we didn't even witness how AMAZING he really is on this tour or all he has to offer. There just seems to be so much to him, that everytime he sings something new it's an experience and 10x better than when we heard him last. Reading this makes me even more confused and upset that Adam is so overhyped and overblown and someone as amazing and real as Matt isn't even signed yet. As much as adam's talent has been glorified, and even when I can admit that he is an incredible vocalist, his talent and skill nowhere near touches Matt's. And that is my honest opinion. But I won't go on and on about Adam Lambert because at this point he and his career have no bearing on Matt, so I wish him the best.

I want everyone to know how crazy talented Matt is. and it upsets me that not everyone gets it, and even those who can somewhat admit that he is good, do not truley understand the full scope of his skill. And his passion... Geez. I can't imagine how he feels to be constantly underrated with his amazing talent.

Anyway sorry for this long ass sappy post lol! I just needed to get all this out. I guess what this whole post really boils down to, or what I'm really trying to say is

#SIGNMATTGIRAUD

Last edited by Lana on Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:13 pm

OMG that was the best recap ever. I'm not sure if you know this about me but I am not normally a crying kind of girl but this recap seriously made me cry my eyes out. I can't explain to you guys how much this touched me. I have been waiting to hear Matt's music for so long now. It's really all I ever think about. I know we sometimes go on and on about Matt's physical appeal but really that is the least important thing to me. He could be the least attractive person ever and I would still be just as much in awe and swept away as I am now.

I just knew the first time I saw Matt play that he has something very special. I remember reading one of the Q&A's on the AI Boards where he said he just wants to touch someone with his music. And then I began to see how much passion and love he has for music and all in a minute and thirty second song and I have never been so overwhelmed and touched by any other musician ever. Sure I have my favorites. Billy Joel is amazing and is so effing talented and I have been a fan since a little girl but he doesn't even come close to touching me as much as Matt does. 3 Doors Down is my favorite band ever and their music means so much to me but nope not even close to how Matt makes me feel. I can't even imagine how amazing Matt's music will be but if he can make me feel the way he does with covers I can't imagine what I'll feel when I get to hear his music. Those girls were so damn lucky. I don't know them but I hope they appreciate what an amazing experience that was and that they continue to support Matt even when there is no news and the new season of Idol starts. I am green with jealously! I know if that would have been me...well I really don't think there are words to explain how I would have felt. Thanks for bringing that over and thanks to the person who was kind enough to share her experience with everyone.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:18 pm

Damn you Lana just when I am able to stop crying you post your thoughts. Geesh what is wrong with me? I don't even know this man and LOL I didn't even hear his originals yet. Can I just add I have always wanted to hear him sing New York State of Mind. Damn it it's just not fair! Yes I am 5.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Lana I couldn't find where the recap was posted. Can you please post a link? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:34 pm

Jenna wrote:
Lana I couldn't find where the recap was posted. Can you please post a link? Thanks!

It is under a locked post so I don't think you can read it unless you are a member of that community. But I will try to post the link anyway:

http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_ai/2311869.html

BTW: Aww Jenna. I love how much you love Matt. Your post had me in tears AGAIN! And I am not by any means an emotional girl. Geez the things Matt can do to a girl Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:40 pm

Are Lana and I the only ones so moved by this recap? LOL maybe we are just extra crazy Lana? cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Nope couldn't see it. So Lana what are other people over there saying about the recap?
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:50 pm

I'm right with you.....all day long I've been trying to read all the past tweets from all the girls that were there. I have yet to talk to Drew (Megan fan in the pink, his name's not Trent haha) and smushypotato/vienna_sausages about this HUGE event. As soon as I do, hopefully I can fill ya'll in!!!

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda depressed as I read it. I mean, I don't think I would be able to keep myself composed if I was there! It kinda felt like I was there though with all the details in that recap!!

The way he sings and plays that piano makes everyone speechless and so emotional. This quote from Matt, "It was nice, because back at the bar, when I played my own songs nobody wanted to hear them" made me very emotional. Finally, the world can see who he really is and appreciate him.

How many more hours til January 29th?!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Quote :
How many more hours til January 29th?!

Too many Megannn too many! I'm praying we get music before then! I also became emotional when he said people never wanted to hear his music in the piano bars. WTF were those people out of their minds?
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:56 pm

Ahhh Jenna I know!!! Trust me, if my local piano bar had a "Matt Giraud" I'd be there every night.....I might develop a drinking problem while being there, but it'd be worth it Wink And for the record, my piano bar has nothing on Matt Giraud!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:10 pm

Jenna wrote:
Nope couldn't see it. So Lana what are other people over there saying about the recap?

Well the first 3 pages were OMG!!! EPIC!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!! BEST THING EVER!!! MATT IS SO AMAZING!!! YOU LIFE RIGHT NOW ROCKS!!! MaTT.GIRAUD.ORIGINALS?? HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? HOW IN THE WORLD IS MATT REAL??? lol

But I did find this interesting from the girl who posted the recap. Someone asked her about Matt's original music and this is how she describes it:
they were things he had JUST written himself. Things he'd apparently never played for an audience before.

There was one ballad, but the other two were kinda jazzy/R&B midtempos.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:12 pm

Lana wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Well the first 3 pages were OMG!!! EPIC!!! I AM SO JEALOUS!! BEST THING EVER!!! MATT IS SO AMAZING!!! YOU LIFE RIGHT NOW ROCKS!!! MaTT.GIRAUD.ORIGINALS?? HOW ARE YOU STILL ALIVE? HOW IN THE WORLD IS MATT REAL??? lol

But I did find this interesting from the girl who posted the recap. Someone asked her about Matt's original music and this is how she describes it:
they were things he had JUST written himself. Things he'd apparently never played for an audience before.

There was one ballad, but the other two were kinda jazzy/R&B midtempos.

Hopefully not too R&B? God I can't wait to hear these songs! Wish she would post some lyrics.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:35 pm

I think there's bound to be some R&B flavor in there. I think, if he gets to do what he really wants with his first album, we will pretty much get the full scope of Matt's musical tendencies. Meaning there will be some Rock, Soul, Blues, R&B, and a little Jazz. Variety, I think, is what his album will have; which is the best thing that he can do because while some don't necessarily like R&B, there are a lot of his fans who wants that from him. This just makes me more excited to see how he puts it all together. bounce

But first someone needs to #SIGNMATTGIRAUD
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 10:46 pm

Lana wrote:
I think there's bound to be some R&B flavor in there. I think, if he gets to do what he really wants with his first album, we will pretty much get the full scope of Matt's musical tendencies. Meaning there will be some Rock, Soul, Blues, R&B, and a little Jazz. Variety, I think, is what his album will have; which is the best thing that he can do because while some don't necessarily like R&B, there are a lot of his fans who wants that from him. This just makes me more excited to see how he puts it all together. bounce

But first someone needs to #SIGNMATTGIRAUD

Oooh. Sorry I did not comment earlier but well real life sometimes keeps me out of here.
Love that recap and I am so excited to hear Matt's new music soon. I am so sure he will be super successful!

I know everyone is waiting for the Jan show now but first shouldn't we be expecting some kind of news on Matt's record deal?

Why are you guys having doubts again that he will get signed?
Matt himself said it was only a matter of time! We will hear something soon right?
Did something happen last night that I don't know about? Please tell me the the "important" people are still interested in Matt...
If not I am going to be devastated!

I am going to keep my hopes up. It just has to happen any minute now. Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:07 pm

Oh no, Matty, I still believe he will be signed. In fact at this point I have no doubt of it. I just really wish the process would speed up so that Matt can perhaps be more open to talking a little about what his singles will be.

I do, however, expect something before the Jan. show. Absolutely cheers
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 11:18 pm

Lana wrote:
Oh no, Matty, I still believe he will be signed. In fact at this point I have no doubt of it. I just really wish the process would speed up so that Matt can perhaps be more open to talking a little about what his singles will be.

I do, however, expect something before the Jan. show. Absolutely cheers

Oh yeah Lana! Thanks for that! I guess we have to keep being patient but it will happen soon. I needed a bit of reassurance though.
Awww. When Matt gets signed and his solo career starts it will be so emotional for me. I want him to do so well and prove so many people wrong! He deserves it so much...
I am going to confess I dream every night of the day of the official announcement. How sweet will it be. Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR Icon_cherry
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:56 am

Thank you so much for bringing this recap here,Lana.
What a precious unbelievable experience for those lucky girls!
Thanks to the writer too!
This part is breath-taking.
Quote :
MATT. GIRAUD. ORIGINALS.
OH-MY-GOODNESS. You think you've seen him play piano on tour or on the show!? YOU ARE MISTAKEN. I have never in my entire life seen someone play piano like that. Never. It was unreal. This hands were all over the place, hitting keys and making sounds I didnt even know were possible. AND HE CAN'T EVEN READ MUSIC!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!! WTAF?! He was amazing, and the songs he wrote were REALLY good. I can not stress this enough, he is a gifted musician. And when he started playing his own stuff, his entire demeanor changed. He stopped being laughy and jokey, but got all serious and it was really intense to watch him. It was magnetic too, almost like you couldn't take your eyes off of his playing. malenalalala and I had a moment where we looked at one another and mouthed "OH. MY. GOD" at one another. It was in this moment that I thanked god for my spot behind the piano, because watching him play was a religious experience. It was like he couldn't get the music out of his body quickly enough to satisfy his need to be playing it. That's the only way I can really describe it that would do the whole thing any justice.

Makes me imagine the moment when you have found your seat in a concert hall, the the lights go off, peoples noises quiet down and concert begins. January!

I´m sure there will be good news before Jan. sunny
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:38 am

Jenna wrote:
Are Lana and I the only ones so moved by this recap? LOL maybe we are just extra crazy Lana? cheers

I just now was able to get on computer to see this (I can't read forum on blackb. anymore Crying or Very sad )...I think I'm actually in shock after reading that recap..that was just so beautifully written and so heart felt..I just loved it!

OMMGiraud!!! Matt, Matt, Matt...those girls have got to be the most blessed girls ever..I literally cannot think of anyone else (past or present) or anywhere I would rather go in the world then to just sit and listen to Matt "unplugged" playing the piano and singing in his beautiful voice in a hotel lobby..that would be just such a precious experience to me...ahhhhh..I don't even know what to write here as I'm at a loss for words..I have never felt this way in my life..how can this man touch so many ppl the way he does..its just truly, truly magical and amazing to me... I love you

I can't wait to say to so many people...I told you so! Matt Giraud IS going to be huge ladies!! I'm sooooo happy for him..he SO deserves this! I gotta go..this has made me so emotional..i'm crying and I can't even type anymore... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:58 am

WOW they were soooo lucky! A private Matt concert. Unbelievable!! Can't wait for Matt's US tour.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Cincodemayo told me her version of this story last night, and I was flipping out then. But this version was so descriptive, and yes, made me tear up! Makes me glad I got those tickets for January. Only Giraud could compell me to hop on a plane to Michigan in January for one concert!

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

I just got home from work and found this and am now breathless.

[/quote]It was like he couldn't get the music out of his body quickly enough to satisfy his need to be playing it.[quote]

That's a really beautiful line and it really touched me cause it's the way I've felt about Matt for a long time. I've always thought the same thing about some writers, who seem to have a book in them just screaming to be let out on a printed page, and they had no control, they just had to get it out.

This review made me cry also. It wrapped up most of my feelings for Matt (btw, the author has a real knack for writing, and should maybe try her hand at it legit) and left me spellbound for him.

He has an amazing future ahead and we're all going to get to enjoy him and his music for a very long time....and yes, we get to tell everyone that we knew this would happen long before everyone else did.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 6:49 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Cincodemayo told me her version of this story last night, and I was flipping out then. But this version was so descriptive, and yes, made me tear up! Makes me glad I got those tickets for January. Only Giraud could compell me to hop on a plane to Michigan in January for one concert!

Us Michiganders are normally all booking flights in January to go south. All but me because I will be waiting breathlessly for this concert. Let's hope for normal weather (snow, cold, wind chill, snow and frost) and not anything unusual (2 feet of snow in 6 hours). But don't worry, we are prepared up here and nothing stops us from getting where we have to go. We Matt fans will call for the National Guard to escort us if necessary. And many days in January are beautiful.... sunny skies, white sparkly snow but not on roads, temperature in the 30s, crisp fresh air. But don't count on it!

It will be so fun to meet everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:00 pm

macigirl wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:

Us Michiganders are normally all booking flights in January to go south. All but me because I will be waiting breathlessly for this concert. Let's hope for normal weather (snow, cold, wind chill, snow and frost) and not anything unusual (2 feet of snow in 6 hours). But don't worry, we are prepared up here and nothing stops us from getting where we have to go. We Matt fans will call for the National Guard to escort us if necessary. And many days in January are beautiful.... sunny skies, white sparkly snow but not on roads, temperature in the 30s, crisp fresh air. But don't count on it!

It will be so fun to meet everyone! Smile

Aww Maci- how sweet to send a greeting party! Laughing I am so excited that I will be getting to see an All Matt concert and of course, meeting all you fine ladies! Now I will just keep praying to the weather gods for those "beautiful" Michigan and fogless Seattle days!)
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:15 pm

That was an amazing recap. Matt is ridiculously talented, he's a prodigy! I really appreciate the writer's critique of Matt's musicianship. It means a lot to me that Matt now has fans and a whole lot of them who want to hear him sing and play his own original music....makes me think of his song One Man Audience, and the sort of irony of the song now, you know?

I'm so glad I picked a winner this year on Idol. Really. Matt has so much potential and natural-born talent and I can't wait for that record deal announcement! His music is going to blow our minds!! Soul, gospel, R&B, jazz, rock, pop...it's going to be amazing.

We need a countdown on this page Jenna for Matt's big show!! Would you be able to create one??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR   Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recap of what was probably the BEST MATT SHOW ALL YEAR
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next