Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.

Go down 
+6
Riley 9
macigirl
meagsmatt
Jenna
ShellBen
mattyg93
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. Empty
PostSubject: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm

Matt just confirmed he is indeed singing "Georgia" with the whole band.

Anyways here's what he wrote:

Quote :
Noop and Kris are blowing spit bubbles while I'm eating and I'm about to flip out!!

Having lunch and and watching the daily show. Today I'm going to give away one song that I'm doing on tour..the count down begins..haha

I can confirm that I'm doing Georgia on My Mind along with the full band.

Yes we'll be doing full versions of these songs so I can't wait! And yeah I'll be on the piano rockin' like you haven't seen yet

I am so excited! cheers
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 7:59 pm

I'm wondering if this means that his three songs in no particular order would be:

1 - Georgia

2 - One song he did in the finals

3 - New song
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Yay I just saw that! I'm excited to hear it! I really hope we get a song with just him an the piano though. I was listening to the Regis and Kelly performance today and the piano solo brought me to tears. I mean it is so impressive that this guy taught himself to play the piano. How in the world did he do that?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

I am SO thrilled that he'll be singing Georgia!!! flower
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:55 pm

I just listened to Georgia again. Hadn't listened to it in awhile. It brought tears to my eyes. Matt is amazing in every way!!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:09 am

Jenna wrote:
Yay I just saw that! I'm excited to hear it! I really hope we get asong with just him an the piano though. I was listening to the Regis and Kelly performance today and the piano solo brought me to tears. I mean it is so impressive that this guy taught himself to play the piano. How in the world did he do that?

I lost count of how many times I have watched that R&K performance already. The first time I watched it, I was mesmerized and amazed at the piano interlude. I kept repeating to myself 'Why didn't THIS guy win?' You could tell how impressed Regis was with Matt's piano playing skills. It's one thing to take lessons for years to become that good, but Matt actually taught himself only 5 years ago! Very Happy

I still curse those stupid AI producers for cutting Matt and Scott's piano duel from the finale. I'm kind of hoping that Matt and Scott get the chance to do their duel on tour, but I think there won't be enough time after all the solos and group numbers. Mad Hey, I know. They could cut one of Megan's songs, since she actually got a duet with Steve Martin, but Matt, WHO CAME IN 5TH PLACE, did not! Rolling Eyes

On the bright side, we get to see a full-length version of Georgia on My Mind. His incredible performances will shut up all those haters who said that Matt didn't deserve the save! cheers
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:41 am

YAY bounce love that song - can't wait to hear!!
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:19 pm

Anddddd today's twitter is:

Hoped everyone enjoyed our antics last night. Good afternoon to all. I saw Marques Houston last night and I waved like we were old friends.
15 minutes ago from TwitterFon

Which we are not but he looked a little confused and I found it entertaining.Moving on, I'll probably give away ONE more song..maybe 2mor.
13 minutes ago from TwitterFon

Okay, so I'm sure he won't reveal the "new" song.....I'm hoping for either PTL or So Small or Human Nature.....well I'd be happy with any of them actually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:46 pm

megannn wrote:
Anddddd today's twitter is:

Hoped everyone enjoyed our antics last night. Good afternoon to all. I saw Marques Houston last night and I waved like we were old friends.
15 minutes ago from TwitterFon

Which we are not but he looked a little confused and I found it entertaining.Moving on, I'll probably give away ONE more song..maybe 2mor.
13 minutes ago from TwitterFon

Okay, so I'm sure he won't reveal the "new" song.....I'm hoping for either PTL or So Small or Human Nature.....well I'd be happy with any of them actually Very Happy

Yayyy we're going to find out a new song!! Hmmm I could see him doing So Small because that was such a hit, but maybe he'll want to do a song without the piano...I am a huge fan of PTL! I can't wait to find out what new song that's not from the show he'll be doing!
Back to top Go down
blakessunshine21

blakessunshine21

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 5:42 pm

I've been thinking about Matt's song choices for tour a lot lately. Here is my guess of what he'll be singing and in what order:

1. Part Time Lover
  • Matt's been brushing up with dancing...and he said he wants something upbeat to start his set with. I think PTL would fit both of those descriptions. Plus, it's one of Matt's favorite songs from the show.

2. Georgia
After all that dancing, Matt will need a breather! So what a great time to sit at the piano and play some soulful music? I think Georgia will add another element to the set by showing how serious Matt is about being a great entertainer.

3. In Love With A Girl (Gavin DeGraw)
[list][*]For his last song, I think Matt will surprise us with an upbeat, catchy, known song that compliments his style and is an illustration of the artist he wants to be. I think Gavin is a great sound for Matt...and "In Love With A Girl" is well-known by many. It is a more recent song, so it will connect with the audience. My other choice would be "Chariot" but I think "In Love With A Girl" is a more flirty song that Matt could have fun with. He could start the song on piano and graduate to the stage to entertain the crowd. I think that would be a good closing that leaves the crowd wanting for more.

....I'm hoping for a Matt/Scott dueling piano duet. I know that there aren't probably going to be any duets...but this duet is LONG overdue and would really add uniqueness to this season's tour. I think the duet would work great right after Scott's set...so the crowd can get a taste of Matt and be looking forward to his upcoming set.

...I'm also hoping for an opening group number...where Matt gets a solo and shows off more dance moves.

And that completes my thoughtful hypothesis haha. I will die if this comes true.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:01 pm

blakessunshine21 wrote:
I've been thinking about Matt's song choices for tour a lot lately. Here is my guess of what he'll be singing and in what order:

1. Part Time Lover
  • Matt's been brushing up with dancing...and he said he wants something upbeat to start his set with. I think PTL would fit both of those descriptions. Plus, it's one of Matt's favorite songs from the show.

2. Georgia
After all that dancing, Matt will need a breather! So what a great time to sit at the piano and play some soulful music? I think Georgia will add another element to the set by showing how serious Matt is about being a great entertainer.

[list][*]For his last song, I think Matt will surprise us with an upbeat, catchy, known song that compliments his style and is an illustration of the artist he wants to be. I think Gavin is a great sound for Matt...and "In Love With A Girl" is well-known by many. It is a more recent song, so it will connect with the audience. My other choice would be "Chariot" but I think "In Love With A Girl" is a more flirty song that Matt could have fun with. He could start the song on piano and graduate to the stage to entertain the crowd. I think that would be a good closing that leaves the crowd wanting for more.

....I'm hoping for a Matt/Scott dueling piano duet. I know that there aren't probably going to be any duets...but this duet is LONG overdue and would really add uniqueness to this season's tour. I think the duet would work great right after Scott's set...so the crowd can get a taste of Matt and be looking forward to his upcoming set.

...I'm also hoping for an opening group number...where Matt gets a solo and shows off more dance moves.

And that completes my thoughtful hypothesis haha. I will die if this comes true.

I think you're right Shell! I would guess that the song from the show is either PTL or Stayin Alive... they're the only songs he did that allow him to dance.... but like you I'm leaning towards PTL because he loved it and it got such a good reception from the show. Then Georgia we know, which is gonna be AWESOME!!!! And for the other song, I'd bet my left foot he's gonna sing either Gavin or the Fray. I'd die if he sang "Chariot" like that one youtube video.... but "In Love With a Girl" will do too HAHA! Or for the Fray, I could see him singing "Look After You" or I'd like to see him sing their new single "Never Say Never". But yeah, he'll most likely sing a newer band (after 2 older ones) that shows what kind of artist he wants to be after the tour is over.

And I'm pretty sure there's got to be at least a group performance because Scott's brother tweeted that he was learning Scott's choreography... and I'll bet my right foot that he's not going to be dancing like that during his set!

And there are going to be duets because I read somewhere that Adam and Allison are doing "Slow Ride" again. Maybe they'll be a Matt/Anoop duet because the drummer for the tour tweeted their names together saying wait til you hear them. Maybe that's a big assumption on my part but I could see it working. And yes, I stalk everyone on Twitter.... make sure to keep private info away from there, or I'll find out! HAHA I hope I'm right about this stuff that I bet my feet on because it'd be hard to walk without any feet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
blakessunshine21

blakessunshine21

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:08 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
blakessunshine21 wrote:

1. Part Time Lover

2. Georgia

I think you're right Shell! I would guess that the song from the show is either PTL or Stayin Alive... they're the only songs he did that allow him to dance.... but like you I'm leaning towards PTL because he loved it and it got such a good reception from the show. Then Georgia we know, which is gonna be AWESOME!!!! And for the other song, I'd bet my left foot he's gonna sing either Gavin or the Fray. I'd die if he sang "Chariot" like that one youtube video.... but "In Love With a Girl" will do too HAHA! Or for the Fray, I could see him singing "Look After You" or I'd like to see him sing their new single "Never Say Never". But yeah, he'll most likely sing a newer band (after 2 older ones) that shows what kind of artist he wants to be after the tour is over.

And I'm pretty sure there's got to be at least a group performance because Scott's brother tweeted that he was learning Scott's choreography... and I'll bet my right foot that he's not going to be dancing like that during his set!

And there are going to be duets because I read somewhere that Adam and Allison are doing "Slow Ride" again. Maybe they'll be a Matt/Anoop duet because the drummer for the tour tweeted their names together saying wait til you hear them. Maybe that's a big assumption on my part but I could see it working. And yes, I stalk everyone on Twitter.... make sure to keep private info away from there, or I'll find out! HAHA I hope I'm right about this stuff that I bet my feet on because it'd be hard to walk without any feet! Very Happy

HAHA Are you footless yet?!

Glad to hear that there is talk of duets! I think they should do duets with people who actually sound good together...and leave out the people who aren't so appealing (*cough* Megan *cough* Lil) Anyway....I think Adam and Allison mesh well..and I could see Matt and Anoop hookin up something. Do you think they'll go through with their T-Pain idea?!! HAHA.

Stalking other idols on twitter is a good strategy...def keeps you in the "know". HAHA. and yea, poor Scott has to learn more choreography. I guess they couldn't let him get away with jammin out on the keyboard while the others dance (Journey).
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 6:30 pm

blakessunshine21 wrote:

HAHA Are you footless yet?!

Glad to hear that there is talk of duets! I think they should do duets with people who actually sound good together...and leave out the people who aren't so appealing (*cough* Megan *cough* Lil) Anyway....I think Adam and Allison mesh well..and I could see Matt and Anoop hookin up something. Do you think they'll go through with their T-Pain idea?!! HAHA.

Stalking other idols on twitter is a good strategy...def keeps you in the "know". HAHA. and yea, poor Scott has to learn more choreography. I guess they couldn't let him get away with jammin out on the keyboard while the others dance (Journey).

HAHA like I said a few minutes ago, I'm gonna start betting Matt's clothing items then things will be interesting!!!! So these duets... I'm gonna bet they do them as follows: (actually I'm just making them up and I'm gonna be totally wrong... but if we're betting Matt's shirt nobodies gonna care! HAHA)

Adam/Allison: Slow Ride-- confirmed
Sarver and Megan-- they're the only other contestant either of them sound half ok with... haha
Matt and either Anoop, Scott, or Kris... selfishly I want it to be Anoop... so we'll say Matt/Anoop
Scott and Danny-- hey let's just throw my two least fav. contestants together what the hell! most likely NOT gonna happen
Lil and Kris--- snoozefest/ pitchiness galore... also most likely not going to happen!

or I could see it being Matt/Kris. Anoop/Lil. Danny/Scott. or Matt/Scott. Danny/Kris. but I'm really betting on AA and SM being right.
HAHA none of this made sense... give me my wheelchair now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.   Matt's Twitter Today June 18th. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt's Twitter Today June 18th.
Page 1 of 1