Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

OvenMitt and the Portland Concert

Go down 
+7
skycheyan
Jenna
graciecat
flicker
mero17
cranberry
OvenMitt
11 posters
AuthorMessage
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

OvenMitt and the Portland Concert Empty
PostSubject: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:32 am

Okay, I'm sorry I haven't come on sooner to tell y'all about my concert experience. I just got home yesterday and completely crashed! But I've been kind of scanning the comments and reviews, so I'd thought I'd give you my personal opinions, from a concertgoers perspective.

I actually had pretty decent seats. Floor section, row 40. I was about a basketball court's length away from the stage. I'll start by saying that this crowd was totally biased towards Adam. Period. Every time they'd flash all the Idols' pictures one after another, Adam would consistantly get the loudest cheers, followed by not so many for whoever's pic followed his. I suspected this would be the case, as Adam has that edgy emo/goth/pop punk vibe that people around here are into.

But I'm not here to talk about Adam! Anyways, the concert started off pretty calm. Y'all are right in assuming that the crowds in Portland are more reserved. It's true. It's been like that for almost every concert I've ever attended. You expect bedlam, but people for the most part aren't crazy fanatical. So, it was kind of warming up during the first half, but nobody was really on their feet, even for Lil's Single Ladies. It was weird. But.......when Matt's little video intro popped up on the screen, people started screaming like crazy and standing up. I was with my best friend, and we both looked at eachother like, "Woah, the crowd just woke up!". At this point, I was so anxious, and when I saw how people were reacting, I felt really proud. Dumb as it sounds, I felt proud of Matt.

So, the stage is dark, but then we hear beatboxing. Matt came onstage beatboxing! Loved that. When the music started for HTH, I immediately smiled, because it totally clicked for me. So THIS is what Matt has been trying to explain! I fully get the soul/rock angle now, and I have to say it really works. Matt, as I see most of you agree, KILLED that song. His energy and soulfulness just broke out and consumed that stage. The crowd ate it up. NOW we were at a concert! After HTH, (which by the way, was a perfect song title to describe Matt, is it not?) Matt did his little chitchat about the next song being popular from Hollywood Week, and that it was a fan favorite, and sat down at the piano for Georgia. And he put on the fedora. It was fedorable! Now, this is when some reviewers thought the crowd lost it's energy, but I completely disagree. The crowd was still on it's feet, and I could hear these titterings all around, like people were marveling at how impressive Matt's piano playing was. Because it really was that night. He just tore that piano apart. And then when he really cut into the vocals, it was all over. The man sounds extraordinary live. And his range was awesome. His falsetto was really spot-on, and the runs, too. Matt was definitely in his element, much more than most everybody else. So, after Georgia, he went into YFM. And the standing continued. But the swaying started on that song. People were kind of singing along, and waving their little glosticks. I honestly didn't feel like it was de-energized, just the crowd getting into the song. That's one thing I'll say about Portlanders: they can appreciate a good musician. Jazz is huge around here, and people really understand instrumental skills and quality music. I kept hearing buzz that Matt, Allison and Adam were the favorites of the night, and that Matt was CLEARLY the best of the first half of the show. Woah, long paragraph!

So, in my very humble opinion, Matt really owned that stage. If he keeps it up, he'll be one of the most popular Idols after this is said and done. It's a whole different vibe seeing these people live, and you can just feel who clicks with the concert setting. I agree that Allison is born for the stage, and of course Adam has trained his whole life to excel onstage. But Matt's passion and energy just woke up the entire arena. He got 20,000 people on their feet, 20,000 super lad-back Adam fanatics, no less! So, I'm not worried one bit about what's in store for Matt. I know what's in store: SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:15 am

Thank you very much!It was great to read a review from a hard Matt expert. Smile
I am so happy for Matt! cheers
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:24 am

Love your post!! you're so lucky to hear Matt performing live!!! I loved all three songs!!
I don't care about those stupid critics who think he shouldn't have sang YFM...I loved it!!!At the end when he stood up and hit that last note!! OMG
HTH was freakin HOT!! WOW...I'm seriously considering taking the next plane to America to see him live!! LOL

PS: since you were there ...those pants he was wearing are they jeans?? coz some peeps here are suggesting they aren't after watching the vid like thousand times!! lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:07 pm

Thank you so much for the report! It's great to hear the straight scoop from someone who doesn't have blinders on to the rest of the idols.

I swear, on some boards it is all about Adam, and everyone else is merely NotAdam, and they don't count. It's so frustrating.

Matt is going to have to earn his *new* fans the hard way, but I know he can do it. Smile
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:28 pm

Super post Ovenmitt! I am so happy for our Matty!!

I am even more stoked for tonight--- Less than 10 hours!!! I am for sure hoping for as good a reaction in Tacoma. I think it may be similiar to Portland's as Seattle/Tacoma are similiar in music tastes and I see the same type of audience behavior here at the concerts I attend. SOOO... I will give you all updates as soon as I have them. I am not as good at writing with flair as Ovenmitt but will try to do justice for Matt! lol!

Listen on the cellcert and chat tonight if you can---!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:42 pm

OMG Ovenmitt you had me in tears with your review. Man I am batshit crazy! LOL maybe it's lack of sleep...LOL!

Beautiful review! I am so glad you shared it with us because when that stupid reviewer said he lost the crowd my heart broke. Most of me realized he was probably way off base but still it hurt! I figured he still had the audience in the palm of his hand because ummm come on neither Georgia or You Found Me are songs where you'd get up and want to scream. You want to listen to those songs intently and appreciatively. I still think he should end with HTH though. It just would leave the crowd very excited and he'd exit with thunderous applause!

Again thanks for sharing this with us Ovenmitt! I am glad you had a great time. Did you get to meet him?

Gracie have a wonderful time and come back and tell us all about it! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:34 pm

Ovenmitt I'm putting your review down in the Portland thread too just in case anyone misses it!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:07 pm

As always spot on girl! I agree I can cleary see his album now!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:51 pm

I completely agree with all the others - thank you so much this!!
In particular I was so releeved about the crowd really appreciating Matt - I was getting concerned watching the YT vid noticing how quiet the were - but they were just in awe bounce like us
Going over to look at the pics - the one u posted on twitter of u and Matt was adorable (ps did he smell nice - all sweaty and manly LOL)
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:01 pm

skycheyan wrote:
As always spot on girl! I agree I can cleary see his album now!

Me too! with the right songs Matt could be a success. And the rock piano pop soul genre is current at the moment . Just look at Gavin, The Fray.

I am excited about all the glowing reviews for Matt, I am positive now he will get a record deal after all is said and done. Can't wait for that day!

Thanks OvenMitt for that wonderful review!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:08 pm

Love your post!! you're so lucky to hear Matt performing live!!! I loved all three songs!!
I don't care about those stupid critics who think he shouldn't have sang YFM...I loved it!!!At the end when he stood up and hit that last note!! OMG
HTH was freakin HOT!! WOW...I'm seriously considering taking the next plane to America to see him live!! LOL

Hey OvenMitt I second the above..I wrote a message to you over on the other thread but wanted to tell you thanks again! I'm sooo happy you loved our Matty Live too!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Graciecat...

From one Cougar to another GIVE MATT A BIG HUG for me too!!! Smile cheers I'm sooo jealous!!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:13 pm

In particular I was so releeved about the crowd really appreciating Matt - I was getting concerned watching the YT vid noticing how quiet the were - but they were just in awe like us
Going over to look at the pics - the one u posted on twitter of u and Matt was adorable (ps did he smell nice - all sweaty and manly LOL)

Cecilie...Where are the pics?? What is ovenmitt's twitter ID ..do you have that or better yet do you have that Ovenmitt??? haha
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:36 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
In particular I was so releeved about the crowd really appreciating Matt - I was getting concerned watching the YT vid noticing how quiet the were - but they were just in awe like us

Cecilie...Where are the pics?? What is ovenmitt's twitter ID ..do you have that or better yet do you have that Ovenmitt??? haha

Go over to the thread "OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols" or to the portland show thread - jenna has copied the whole thread with pics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:05 pm

Ovenmitt...

Was the audience singing along with Matt to YFM???? It sounds like it but I can't tell?? we're they also singing Hard to Handle a little?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:26 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
Ovenmitt...

Was the audience singing along with Matt to YFM???? It sounds like it but I can't tell?? we're they also singing Hard to Handle a little?

Yes, they were swaying and singing. There were glosticks everywhere. They were into it. That one sucky reviewer doesn't get the Portland crowds. They get good music and appreciate it, not scream like idiots over the entire song! And on Georgia, the crowd was nodding in approval and tittering about how impressive Matt was on that piano. It was all good. I was there, and the vibe was really good!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 8:31 pm

OvenMitt, that's all wonderful to hear! I had a feeling the Portland crowd really appreciated Matt. Thank you for confirming it without a doubt!!

I love that Matt closes the first half of the show. The show builds up for him, he's the star! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and the Portland Concert   OvenMitt and the Portland Concert I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OvenMitt and the Portland Concert
Page 1 of 1