Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols

Go down 
+16
mattyfan
lovethemtigers
RachIP
Lisa_M
mattyg93
meagsmatt
cecilie
peacehope
lumma
cranberry
flicker
mero17
skycheyan
paigeturner
Jenna
OvenMitt
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols Empty
PostSubject: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:52 pm

I decided to make another thread about meeting the Idols because my other post was getting quite long, and this is gonna be a novel within itself!

So, as most of you probably know already, I have a clear favorite, and two even more clear least favorites. For those who don't know, they are Danny and Kris. Keep this in mind for the sake of the story!

Because we arrived too late before the concert to meet the Idols, my BF and I decided to leave the concert early in order to have a good spot to meet the idols. So, we left the concert when Adam started singing "Fame". I was fine with this decision, since I'd already seen who I came to see perform, and I knew Kris prolly wouldn't be able to top Adam's theatrics anyway. And what's more, my BF didn't have a favorite and was just along for the ride; she could have cared less. So, off we went to the loading dock.

We got there and found only about 10 other people waiting. Score! We got the cherry spot, directly across from where the Idols came out of the venue. We had to wait for well over an hour before they arrived, but it was worth it.

The first Idol to come out was Anoop. Anoop was tall yet lean, looked quite handsome in person, and was very polite, softspoken and gentlemanly. We took a pic with him, and I don't know how to insert them into this post for the life of me, so I'll put them on my profile page.

Next was Sarver. I didn't really talk to him, just took a pic. Same with Lil.

Megan and Lil actually came out together. Both are much more petite than they look on television, and, of course, gorgeous. Megan came up to BF and I, and I asked her if she was going to be on Yo Gabba Gabba, the children's show she's talked about wanting to guest star on. She said, "I hope so! My son likes that show." I told her my daughter did too, and that I threw a Yo Gabba Gabba themed birthday party for her. Megan Liked that and thought her son would enjoy that. We just joked about that a little more and then she took a pic with BF and me. P.S. Megan is very pretty in person, which would normally make you want to hate her, but since she was so personable and chill, I was fine with it! Also, her hair smelled good. For some reason I noticed that.

Allison came out and basically bolted towards the crowd. She is also very small, and kind of shy in a way. Very humble, which is in such contrast to her stage persona. She had awesome red hair, but with purple and blue streaks in it. It was long and mermaid wavy. I simply took her pic, and told her that she rocked it out onstage. She said "Really? Aw, thank you" as if I was the first person to tell her this. Adorable.

So, Scott and his hot brother came out. The brother, Todd, was taking pics of Scott with his fans, helping him do autographs and such. It was very sweet. Scott was actually good with the crowd, joking and conversing. He's taller than I expected, and kinda cute in person. I told him, "I loved tha piano duel with you and Matt." He smiled and said, "Oh, you liked that, huh?". And I told him yes, and I was glad after the finale debacle that we got to see it live. He agreed. I left out my personal opinion, which was that Matt won that duel hands down!

Kris came out to medium fanfare, and BF and I tried not to get his attention. We were worried that he'd somehow ask us what we thought of his set and we'd have nothing to say! My BF also had on a gray beanie just like the one he was wearing, and was nervous that he'd see it and come over. He didn't, luckily.

At this point, I was getting antsy, because it was halfway through the meeting period, and no Matt to be seen. As soon as I started getting worried, I spotted Danny coming out of the venue, linking arms with someone. I couldn't see who it was, because they were behind this huge column. But then, they started skipping, yes skipping, down the ramp, and I saw that it was Matt. They must have been on a performance high, because they unlinked arms and ran straight for the crowd in two different directions. It was kind of hilarious. Of course, who would run directly towards me and BF? Danny. Yes, Danny, who we refused to stand up for during his set, who we both loathe passionately. He ran up and grabbed me and the two people next to me and gave a HUGE bearhug. My face was squished in Danny Gokey's bicep for a good four seconds. Great, he's being friendly. He was totally hamming it up with the crowd, dancing and making jokes (or, rather, attempting to make jokes). He lingered right by me for awhile. Finally, because Matt was still ways away, I told Danny he looked like he got into the Portland style, because he had on a plaid shirt with beat up jeans, a wallet chain, and worker boots with the jeans tucked into them. Very Northwest. He loved that bit of attention, so he walked right in front of BF and me and started dancing. The robot. My BF, who doesn't mince words or hold back her opinions, said "I'm not feeling those moves right now Danny." I was shocked, and said "What are you doing, giving crap to Danny?". Danny said, "Oh, you don't like that? Well, what about this?" and started salsa dancing. I said I liked that better, but BF was still not impressed. She said "Man, you need to work on your moves!". Danny was intrigued and told her she was making him blush. He got closer, and he was smiling. She said "I have that effect on people". I was witnessing Danny Gokey flirting with my friend! It was all sorts of uncomfortable. I told him that she was supposed to be my wingwoman for the night, and wasn't she doing a good job? Gokey responded to that with another bearhug, for me and BF. I seriously thought he was gonna ask her out or something. So, it turned out that Danny, the guy we couldn't stand, turned out to be extremely charming. Go figure!

So, as Danny was flirting, Matt had gotten close. P.S. Matt was wearing the green striped Idolatry shirt, with blue jeans. And if y'all didn't hear, he got a sort of Ryan Tedder fauxhawk haircut. It looked hella good on him, I must say. So, my BF said, "I'm gonna yell out for him. I'm only doing this because he's your favorite." So, she belts out, "Hey Matt, will you come take a picture with a Bad Girl?". Y'all know about the Bad Girls, one of Matt's fangroups. Well, I'd made a mix CD with songs dedicated from all of us, as well as some other little trinkets, and wanted to give them to him. When Matt heard 'Bad Girl' he kind of perked up and stopped. He "Yes I can!" and started walking backwards while still signing an autograph to where we were standing. He was not looking at me, so I grabbed his arm and leaned in. I asked him "I have Bad Girl gifts for you. Are you allowed to accept them?". And he kind of made a pouty face, like his was trying to hear what I was saying. When he processed it, he smiled and said "Of course!". So I gave him the gifts, in a ziploc, and he kind of looked at the bag, and nodded in approval. So, then BF said let's take the pic. So Matt leaned in and put his arm around myarm, kinda holding onto my elbow. I noticed since I was close to his face that his mole was gone. There was just a small horizontal scar where it used to be. He asked me "So you're a Bad Girl, huh? What's your number?" I got a tad flustered at that but told him. He was looking me right in the eye, and I got kind of thrown off by the eye contact. And as we took the pic, he kept holding, and said "It's always good to have my Bad Girls come out and support me." Yeah, the feeling's mutual, Matt. So, he thanked me for the gift, and kind of waved it in his hand, and then he bounded off to meet more fans. I wish I'd been able to tell him that he killed onstage, but he was a little boisterous, running around like a kid! I was glad he settled down long enough to take that pic with me. But, I was so happy that he was happy. I could tell that he was in his element, and that he knew he'd done well. It was all good.

Anywho, so after that whole experience, Adam was (of course) the last to come out. He had this handler that kept telling fans that they could only take pics of him, not with him. Maybe they were afraid of Adam getting grabbed and pulled at or something. It was strange. But, He was sweet, telling everyone that it was because he wanted to make time for everyone. He's super tall, yet lean, in person. Yes, he had on lots of eye makeup, but it looked good in person. Glittery and smudgy. BF and I are both former makeup artists, so we told him we approved of the makeup. He laughed and thanked us. I also said I loved the leather coat we wore onstage, and he said "I know, right?". I had a tiny fashion bonding moment with Adam. I just so happened to be holding my ticket, and Adam snatched it out of my hand and signed it without my prompting. That was actually the only autograph I got. Hopefully it will be valueable one day!

That's my story. It was incredibly long, but y'all know I don't do well with brevity. There were just too many good details to leave them out, anyway! I really hope everyone else who gets to attend the concerts will have as good an experience as I did.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:01 pm

It didn't work Ovenmitt!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
paigeturner

paigeturner

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:11 pm

This story will never get old Leah...love it.
Back to top Go down
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Ahh Leah you know all the reasons I love that story Smile
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:25 pm

Aww....great post as always!!!
(I feel kinda sorry for you coz of the Danny thing... pale )
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:31 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0721

Noopkins being a polite Southern gentleman.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:32 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0715

Sarver was very thankful to all the fans. I heard him keep saying that.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:34 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0717

Noopkins! He was towering over me. Super sweet guy.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:38 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0718

Uh......I could only muster a random pic of Kris. I really wanted to avoid an awkward interaction.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:39 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0719

Lil was so cute in person. The booty is much smaller than it looks. She didn't talk much, just posed.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:39 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0720

Allison, with her good rocker hair. Very small and unassuming in person, but a powerhouse onstage!

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:41 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0722

Adam and his handler. He was tall, tall, tall and really does have a striking presence.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:42 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0723

You can see the excitement in Matt's eyes. He and Danny were monkeying around the whole time.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0724

Woah, those eyes are so green.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 pm

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0725

I call this the "BFF" pic. Megan really is a down chick. I find her realness refreshing.

Last edited by OvenMitt on Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:49 pm

Awww, Anoop...I've come to really like him. Smile

Oven Mitt, you look so happy! I love your story of meeting Matt. I'd be on cloud 9 for a month!
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:50 pm

Oh wow, you posted the Matt pics!!! Beautiful! Have your feet touched the ground yet?
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:04 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0724

Woah, those eyes are so green.
Great pic !Awesome ! Ovenmitt and Matt,wohoo! cheers
So jealous!!Smile
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Great pics and great review! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:30 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols 100_0723

You can see the excitement in Matt's eyes. He and Danny were monkeying around the whole time.

I'm glad you figured it out. Hope my directions helped. LOL not very good at giving directions!

Matt's eyes are definitely the window to his soul! He looks so happy and excited! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:40 pm

great story, OvenMitt, and thanks for sharing your pics with us!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:17 pm

Hey OvenMitt - U should make writing a career path!!! cheers You have be spellbound at every word u write - it's amazing - it's like I was there!!

Oh I laughed so hard at this
Quote :
. My face was squished in Danny Gokey's bicep for a good four seconds.
So Matt sort of "caught your tongue" girl Very Happy - Well don't worry - I imagine that the BG gift says more than 1000 words.
You look gorgeous in that picture - no wonder he kept looking you in the eyes Very Happy
Oh I am so happy for u and that you made a great strategic decision going out early for the meet and greet.
And I like that you got a great impression of the other idols too. It is sometimes so easy to be prejudice about people u have never met - so it was nice to hear that Gokey was actually charming at the meet and greet.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:25 pm

cecilie wrote:
Hey OvenMitt - U should make writing a career path!!! cheers You have be spellbound at every word u write - it's amazing - it's like I was there!!

Quote :
So Matt sort of "caught your tongue" girl Very Happy - Well don't worry - I imagine that the BG gift says more than 1000 words.
You look gorgeous in that picture - no wonder he kept looking you in the eyes Very Happy
Oh I am so happy for u and that you made a great strategic decision going out early for the meet and greet.
And I like that you got a great impression of the other idols too. It is sometimes so easy to be prejudice about people u have never met - so it was nice to hear that Gokey was actually charming at the meet and greet.

Okay, the other thing I forgot to mention about that Gokey incident: when he hugged the second time, my hand got pinned between the railing and his stomach. I gotta say, it didn't feel bad, that Gokey stomach. Okay, now I'm officially crazy. Feeling up Gokey. Oh, the shame!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:31 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
cecilie wrote:

Quote :

Okay, the other thing I forgot to mention about that Gokey incident: when he hugged the second time, my hand got pinned between the railing and his stomach. I gotta say, it didn't feel bad, that Gokey stomach. Okay, now I'm officially crazy. Feeling up Gokey. Oh, the shame!

lol! that is so funny - I bet he liked it!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 4:47 pm

wow wow wow! congrats ovenmitt, it sounds like you had a fantastic time!! and thanks so much for all of the updates/info. how much did you DIE on the inside when matt asked you what your BG number was lol!?! i'm so glad you got to meet them all..and MATT!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols   OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OvenMitt and Meeting The Idols
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next