Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

MATT - THE LUCKIEST

Go down 
+8
lumma
Jenna
macigirl
graciecat
cranberry
Riley 9
Lisa_M
tonia
12 posters
AuthorMessage
tonia

MATT - THE LUCKIEST Empty
PostSubject: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW8mM7m5RW4

I'm sure you have already seen this before. I have... and found it again today while browsing for "anything Matt". I just love this guy! who would have thought that one night, he was just playing the piano in this small club, in his dark little corner, singing in his beautiful, goosebump-inducing soulful voice.... and TODAY? he's making so many of us fall in love with him... and I say CRAZILY in love! (I'm 51 years old, happily married with a 13-year old daughter... and the highlight of my days since AI 2009 started is sitting in front of the computer and reading about/listening to Matt...I'm addicted!) drunken
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:31 pm

tonia wrote:

I'm sure you have already seen this before. I have... and found it again today while browsing for "anything Matt". I just love this guy! who would have thought that one night, he was just playing the piano in this small club, in his dark little corner, singing in his beautiful, goosebump-inducing soulful voice.... and TODAY? he's making so many of us fall in love with him... and I say CRAZILY in love! (I'm 51 years old, happily married with a 13-year old daughter... and the highlight of my days since AI 2009 started is sitting in front of the computer and reading about/listening to Matt...I'm addicted!) drunken

Wow Tonia!! thank you for posting this! I had never seen this! Omg! awesome! matt is sooo pure..and I just have to add that we welcome you to our "Cougar" group of women here that absolutely LOVE Matt and feel exactly like you do!! again welcome! Oh and i also wanted to say the reason all those people in that club are taking pictures is because they were smart enough to know that Hey, THIS guy is gonna be a STAR someday!! and Yep he is headed that way for sureeee! cheers

Last edited by Lisa_M on Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:33 pm

Thank you, tonia for finding this pre-Idol performance! I have seen the one where he sings Georgia on My Mind, but this is the first time for The Luckiest.

Every time I watch the videos of Matt performing in a bar or restaurant, I get annoyed at the people there who weren't paying attention! How could they not notice this guy with the HUGE talent? I would have been swooning if I heard Matt sing like this in person! Matt looks so serene and happy here; it doesn't matter that he's not getting paid millions of dollars. You can tell that music is his passion, not just his job. I love you

And don't worry, tonia. All of us here are HAPPILY OBSESSED with anything that has to do with Matt. He's addictive all right, but in a good way! cheers
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Swoon,thank you for posting that,havenĀ“t seen that before!Matt Addiction is a profound part of the joy of life. Smile
Back to top Go down
tonia

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:05 pm

This forum has been my daily escape for a while now. This was just my second post (I'm kind of shy and reserved) but I've been enjoying everybody's posts. I thank Jenna for creating this outlet and all of you girls for sharing your thoughts. I feel a special bond with everyone here - the Matt bond! maybe we're all soul sistas! Wink
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:13 pm

tonia wrote:

So true tonia-- glad to have another cougar for matty here! You're never too old to enjoy a Matt addiction!! drunken
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:24 pm

tonia wrote:
This forum has been my daily escape for a while now. This was just my second post (I'm kind of shy and reserved) but I've been enjoying everybody's posts. I thank Jenna for creating this outlet and all of you girls for sharing your thoughts. I feel a special bond with everyone here - the Matt bond! maybe we're all soul sistas! Wink

None of us would be here if we didn't understand the Matt Obsession. I have been only a casual viewer of American Idol over the years. This was the first season where I watched each episode religiously, rewinded my DVR, recorded every minute, and VOTED EVERY WEEK FOR MATT. In the past, I would casually call in some votes for a contestant if I thought he/she decided to stay in the competition. But Matt is the ONLY Idol to ever inspire me to vote like CRAZY, non-stop for 2 straight hours! I love you There's just something about this guy-- he's got the talent, charm, and good looks to make it!

And keep posting, tonia. We love to "hear" from everybody! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 4:45 pm

Tonia,

Start posting. This post was a winner!. I was shy at first too but, what the hell, we don't know who you are!! Laughing

I had watched that video before but had completely forgotten about it. Watching it now made me cry. It is a beautiful haunting song and Matt sings it with such tenderness. The contrast between the noisy distracted bar patrons and Matt's emotional, quiet and powerful performance is very moving to me. I love you
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:24 pm

macigirl wrote:
Tonia,

Start posting. This post was a winner!. I was shy at first too but, what the hell, we don't know who you are!! Laughing

I had watched that video before but had completely forgotten about it. Watching it now made me cry. It is a beautiful haunting song and Matt sings it with such tenderness. The contrast between the noisy distracted bar patrons and Matt's emotional, quiet and powerful performance is very moving to me. I love you

LOL you shy Maci I doubt it!

Yes Tonia keep posting the more the merrier and join us in chat tonight during the cellcert. You too shy (cough, cough Slutty Sally)Maci! We missed you last night Maci!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:29 pm

[quote=\"Jenna\"][quote=\"macigirl\"]Tonia,

Start posting. This post was a winner!. I was shy at first too but, what the hell, we don\'t know who you are!! Laughing

I had watched that video before but had completely forgotten about it. Watching it now made me cry. It is a beautiful haunting song and Matt sings it with such tenderness. The contrast between the noisy distracted bar patrons and Matt\'s emotional, quiet and powerful performance is very moving to me. I love you[/quote]

LOL you shy Maci I doubt it!

Yes Tonia keep posting the more the merrier and join us in chat tonight during the cellcert. You too shy (cough, cough Slutty Sally)Maci! We missed you last night Maci![/quote]

Yes Tonia keep posting--- Matt takes away all the shyness and reserve from all of us! lol!

Last edited by graciecat on Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:30 pm

macigirl wrote:

The contrast between the noisy distracted bar patrons and Matt's emotional, quiet and powerful performance is very moving to me. I love you

Perfect description. His pre-idol videos are all amazing, but this one is definitely at top of my list. Thanks for posting, Tonia.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:35 pm

God I Love hearing just Matt and the piano. The vulnerability he used in this song was amazing. His voice so soft and sweet. What I love about Matt is his amazing ability to interpret music both vocally and musically. Matt is seriously IMO the best musician to EVER come out of AI and for me he is also the best new talent to come out in a long while!

Another thing I really love about Matt is he never sounds the same. He is so versatile and he treats every song he sings differently! His CD is going to be out of this world amazing!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
tonia

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:02 pm

a little snippet during commercial break on Regis & Kelly.... our bloke sounds great, as usual....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmePYcU6lQU

Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 6:06 pm

Jenna wrote:
God I Love hearing just Matt and the piano. The vulnerability he used in this song was amazing. His voice so soft and sweet. What I love about Matt is his amazing ability to interpret music both vocally and musically. Matt is seriously IMO the best musician to EVER come out of AI and for me he is also the best new talent to come out in a long while!

Another thing I really love about Matt is he never sounds the same. He is so versatile and he treats every song he sings differently! His CD is going to be out of this world amazing!

I couldn't agree with you more! When he was first introduced as a "dueling piano player from Kalamazoo, Michigan", I said to myself, 'OK, this guy has got to be a decent musician at least.' I had no idea how I was going to be blown away by his talent! And then Matt said he was self-taught and never took a piano lesson. I still find it FRIGGIN' UNBELIEVABLE that Matt plays at Scott's level (or even higher) after only 4-5 years! I have heard some people say that they took piano lessons for over 10 years and never got close to Matt's skills. IMO, Matt could be a musical genius! I love you

And Matt is such a crowd pleaser in that Regis & Kelly clip. I could tell how much admiration Regis had for Matt's musical talent.
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:19 am

Thanks for posting that video! cheers
That was the first time that I have seen it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:29 am

Why am I watching this again at 2:30 in the morning?? confused
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 am

tonia wrote:

Hey Tonia!
Love that you are "coming out"! And I have never seen this vid before either!
Well - When I first starting coming here I was totally convinced that I was the only passed 35!! But YAY I was wrong and it is so nice not to be the only "grown up" :-)
Funny - I just saw a video (posted on twitter i think) of Matt singing 1 line from let's get it on to a BG girl. I mean from just that 1 line i got a complete physical reaction!! Goes right to my gut and then spreads out to every inch of my body!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 am

macigirl wrote:
Why am I watching this again at 2:30 in the morning?? confused

Oh man I adore you - lol
Back to top Go down
JKRio

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 10:34 am

THANKS for posting the vid!
I actually favorited this on youtube long time ago Smile I love watching his pre-idol vids. Everytime I watch his vids on YT, he amazes me.

The first time I found the luckiest on YT, I screamed! lol I love Ben Folds and The Luckiest is one my faves... And I love Matt's cover!

Matt also sang Bon Jovi's Livin' On A Prayer Smile

Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Thank you so much tonia for posting that video. I hadn't seen it before and it moved me to tears. Isn't he just the most perfect, beautiful, sweet, talented, funny, sensitive, manly, gorgeous hunk you've ever wanted to get to know? I love you
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:32 pm

tonia wrote:

Just watched this yet again and just wanted to say "WE ARE THE LUCKIEST" TO HAVE FOUND MATTHEW SCOTT GIRAUD!! He has been like a ray of Sunshine in my Life and I will never ever forget him!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MATT - THE LUCKIEST   MATT - THE LUCKIEST I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MATT - THE LUCKIEST
Page 1 of 1