Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.

Go down 
+6
Janizzle
cranberry
Lana
mattyfan
iluvmatt
mattyg93
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. Empty
PostSubject: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:19 pm

Great article:

Quote :

Michigan native Giraud returns home on 'Idols' tour
Adam Graham / Detroit News Pop Music Writer
The last time Matt Giraud was at the Palace was for a "Disney on Ice" event he attended when he was about 10 years old.

Fourteen years and one high-profile TV stint later, the Ypsilanti native was at the Auburn Hills arena Wednesday performing as part of the "American Idols Live!" tour. In the crowd, he said he'd have about 180 friends and family members cheering him on.

"I'm very thankful for the whole thing," said Giraud, sporting a newish faux hawk atop his head, during the press hour prior to the show. "I think I'm going out there every night and really showing people me and that's what makes me so excited. I haven't gotten sick of my set or anything. I love living on the road and doing music. I can see myself doing this for a living."

Advertisement

The fifth place finisher and former Kalamazoo dueling piano player has been garnering solid reviews on the tour, not the least of which have been from his fellow "Idols."

"I think he's even better than he was on the show," said Adam Lambert, the season's runner-up contestant. "He's really comfortable up there (on stage); he's in his element. There's things he does with his voice where I'm like, 'how did he do that?' "

Allison Iraheta, the magenta-haired rock and roll sparkplug, said Giraud's set is her favorite on the tour. "I'm surprised (record labels) haven't picked him up yet," she said.

Giraud said he has taken some label meetings but nothing solid has come through. He said he's considering going the independent route, a path that worked out well for Elliott Yamin, to whom Giraud was compared early on by "Idol" judge Simon Cowell.

In the meantime, Giraud is cultivating a strong fanbase.

Several weeks ago, "sign Matt Giraud" became a trending topic on Twitter, meaning it was one of the most-discussed subjects on the social networking outlet.

"I think it says something to the record companies that there are a lot of fans out there that are interested in me," Giraud said of the upstart Twitter movement. "That was motivation by itself."

Giraud -- who is known as quite the cut-up amongst his fellow "Idol" tourmates -- still has several weeks left on the "Idol" tour, and then he's planning on heading back to Kalamazoo to work on his music. He's signed up to host a talent contest called "Make the Cut" for online network Yobi.tv, and from there he's hoping to get his career rolling.

"This is that fun part after the show where you're in that weird limbo stage, where you're coming out of the bubble of 'Idol' and going into the real world and you've gottta spread your wings and fly a little bit," he said.

"I'm not fighting anything, I'm just kind of doing what I do. I go out, I do what I do best. I perform, I connect. I'm not faking it or anything. I think I'm actually shining right now."

I gotta say I LOVE what Adam and Allison said about him.. He is so talented.

I also guess this answers the question that Matt most probably will go the indie route which I am not fond of just because he is too damn talented to do it on his own. He's ready for bigger things. Why is Jason Castro on a major label and MAtt isn't?
Also, look how much is Elliott struggling right now.

I agree with Allison. I am so surprised no one has picked him up yet.

Guys even if it doesn't work out please help #signmattgiraud trend today! IT will make Matt so happy. Get on it!

Even if Matt says he will have to go the indie route, I know deep inside he would be so happy to get picked up! Stupid labels! Why can't you see the potential?
I am so sad. I'll go trend.

Sad

Last edited by mattyg93 on Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Well, CRAP.

Record labels, what EXACTLY is your problem?! I suppose that I should be happy that at least Adam and Allison have good taste, but...I'm still bitter.

confused
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:06 pm

This is what I see in Matt's future...surrounded, surrounded by lotsa love from avid, die-hard fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAONc6jpZQ&feature=channel

Keep the dream alive, Squad! It will happen! #signmattgiraud
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:15 pm

CRUD... Sad
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Tonight is not a good night like I thought it would be...We couldn't trend #signmattgiraud (though there was lots of support and we were so close) I got a headache from doing it, I'm tired and have to be up early tomorrow, and now this article which just pretty much smashed what little hope I was left holding on to that Matt would be signed...I think I just need to go to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:17 am

mattyfan wrote:
This is what I see in Matt's future...surrounded, surrounded by lotsa love from avid, die-hard fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNAONc6jpZQ&feature=channel

Keep the dream alive, Squad! It will happen! #signmattgiraud

I believe you!
And some day we´ll have a Matt tour in Europe too. After he has taken USA and sold millions of copies of his music. Smile
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:12 am

Lana wrote:
Tonight is not a good night like I thought it would be...We couldn't trend #signmattgiraud (though there was lots of support and we were so close) I got a headache from doing it, I'm tired and have to be up early tomorrow, and now this article which just pretty much smashed what little hope I was left holding on to that Matt would be signed...I think I just need to go to bed now. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Don't fret Lana, Matt WILL be signed...this is a great article, that gives Matt TONS of credibility. And like the article said, Matt is shining!

I still feel very good about all of this...trending on Twitter, honestly, is meaningless. We did it once, which is great...but there are other ways to promote Matt that we aren't really doing.

So let's stay positive!!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:29 am

Janizzle wrote:
Lana wrote:

Don't fret Lana, Matt WILL be signed...this is a great article, that gives Matt TONS of credibility. And like the article said, Matt is shining!

I still feel very good about all of this...trending on Twitter, honestly, is meaningless. We did it once, which is great...but there are other ways to promote Matt that we aren't really doing.

So let's stay positive!!

Thanks! I honestly just needed to sleep. Feeling better this morning and trying to stay positive. I will buy Matt's music regardless of whether it's with a major label or indie cheers

ETA: I didn't know where to stick this so I'll just post it in here. I found this from a poster on ONTD_AI. It's so summarizes what I love most about Matt, so I had to bring it over:
Quote :
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MATT IS THAT HE'S ALWAYS SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THINGS. EVERYONE ELSE THEY ARE LIKE YEAH BEING ON TOUR GETS TIRESOME AND REPETITIVE. MATT'S LIKE I COULD DO THIS FOREVER LOOK A BUTTERFLY OH NEW CITY IT'S LIKE A WHOLE NEW SHOW. HIS LOVE FOR LIFE AND FOR THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE MAKES ME SMILE. HIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND THE WAY HE CAN ENERGIZE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD... I REALLY LOVE IT. REMINDS ME OF ME!

Sorry about the capslock, alot of the posters have an issue over there with writing in normal sized text Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:53 am

I'm confused.

Exactly how does this article answer the question of Matt going indie? He says it's a possibility, but he also says he's been meeting with labels. He didn't say "indie labels", and since he mentioned 19 by name just a few days ago, then I'm thinking he's got a few different options on the table. This article, just like all his recent interviews, makes me more hopeful than ever about his chances of landing a good deal. I really think the ball's in Matt's court, and he's trying to make some tough decisions. It seems more plausible that the reason he's not announcing some recording contract deal is because he wants one on his own terms. If he was the type who was willing to conform and do whatever the labels wanted him to do, then he'd already be signed. But Matt has said time and time again that he wants to write, to be an integral part of the music he puts out. I admire him for that, and, if he's turning down companies large or small that want him to abandon that stance just to be on their label, then that just makes him all the more kick-ass in my opinion. Matt's standing his ground, is what I glean from all these recent interviews, and that's why, no matter what, his music is going to be superb.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:04 pm

Lana wrote:

ETA: I didn't know where to stick this so I'll just post it in here. I found this from a poster on ONTD_AI. It's so summarizes what I love most about Matt, so I had to bring it over:
Quote :
WHAT I LOVE ABOUT MATT IS THAT HE'S ALWAYS SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THINGS. EVERYONE ELSE THEY ARE LIKE YEAH BEING ON TOUR GETS TIRESOME AND REPETITIVE. MATT'S LIKE I COULD DO THIS FOREVER LOOK A BUTTERFLY OH NEW CITY IT'S LIKE A WHOLE NEW SHOW. HIS LOVE FOR LIFE AND FOR THE LITTLE THINGS IN LIFE MAKES ME SMILE. HIS POSITIVE ATTITUDE AND THE WAY HE CAN ENERGIZE PEOPLE AND MAKE THEM FEEL GOOD... I REALLY LOVE IT. REMINDS ME OF ME!

Sorry about the capslock, alot of the posters have an issue over there with writing in normal sized text Rolling Eyes

I saw that too,Lana, it is so well said. Thank you for bringing it over here.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:26 pm

From danny:

Quote :
PopStar: When you are not out on stage performing who do you like to listen to?
Danny Gokey: I like Matt Giraud's opening song on his set, "Hard to Handle." Also in act five, the top five do a group number and it’s awesome. You gotta watch those two.

cheers Danny why so awesome all of a sudden? LOL Manny!! I love you
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:55 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
I'm confused.

Exactly how does this article answer the question of Matt going indie? He says it's a possibility, but he also says he's been meeting with labels. He didn't say "indie labels", and since he mentioned 19 by name just a few days ago, then I'm thinking he's got a few different options on the table. This article, just like all his recent interviews, makes me more hopeful than ever about his chances of landing a good deal. I really think the ball's in Matt's court, and he's trying to make some tough decisions. It seems more plausible that the reason he's not announcing some recording contract deal is because he wants one on his own terms. If he was the type who was willing to conform and do whatever the labels wanted him to do, then he'd already be signed. But Matt has said time and time again that he wants to write, to be an integral part of the music he puts out. I admire him for that, and, if he's turning down companies large or small that want him to abandon that stance just to be on their label, then that just makes him all the more kick-ass in my opinion. Matt's standing his ground, is what I glean from all these recent interviews, and that's why, no matter what, his music is going to be superb.

LOL - I just said essentially the same thing in the fox 17 interview thread. I have decided not to panic about all this. One day a reporter writes that Matt has had no label interest (not a direct quote from Matt) and the next day Matt himself says he's been talking to 19E and other labels. Now we hear the term "indie" but again, not a direct quote from Matt. I also agree that unlike what I suspect some others are, Matt is not a lemming and I'm sure he's very specific as to what he wants his record to sound like and what type of music he wants to put out. In the end, this will make him much happier and produce much better music.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:22 pm

sgr91 wrote:

LOL - I just said essentially the same thing in the fox 17 interview thread. I have decided not to panic about all this. One day a reporter writes that Matt has had no label interest (not a direct quote from Matt) and the next day Matt himself says he's been talking to 19E and other labels. Now we hear the term "indie" but again, not a direct quote from Matt. I also agree that unlike what I suspect some others are, Matt is not a lemming and I'm sure he's very specific as to what he wants his record to sound like and what type of music he wants to put out. In the end, this will make him much happier and produce much better music.

Thank you!

And, BTW, if the fans, the NON-fans, the reporters, the bloggers, and the other Idols are all saying "why hasn't Matt been signed yet?", I'm pretty positive that there's interest there from the record labels. They generally listen (just a tad!) to what the public wants. There may have been doubts about Matt before the tour began, but I think we can all agree that those have been effectively erradicated. If the labels are coming to call, then my hunch is that they, not Matt, are the ones trying to make something work. Matt probably has more leverage than we are giving him credit for. What's left to prove?

And yeah, I know I'm making some bold statements, but I've pretty much gone all-in on this guy, so why not?

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:01 am

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Matt himself is purposely saying he might go the indie route as a negotiating tactic. We now know he's hooked up with an entertainment lawyer and we also know how important it is to Matt to have artistic control over what music will be on his first album. He might be thowing the indie thing out there to let the labels who are talking to him know that they have to give him what he wants or he'll do it himself. That's how much faith I have in our boy.

BTW - isn't it sweet he's wearing the pendant a lot of the time I love you
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 am

IDK...I do believe that the going independant quote was directly from him, what I don't know is whether it is a negotiating tactic, like pasnthru has said, or if it is just a more plausible course of action for him right now.

Matt is a smart guy, and he knows that if he hasn't been signed by now that there is a possiblity that he will have to go independant. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors in these "meetings" with record labels, But i feel it likely that Matt is just preparing his fanbase just in case he does have to take that road. We won't be as shocked and disappointed if he goes Indie because he has stated plenty of times that it may be a course he has to take.

From what I have read up on Entertainment Lawyers, I agree that him talking to one and hiring one will give him a greater chance of signing with a major. The talks with 19 made me really happy for a while, but now that I think about it, how likely is it that they will go out on a limb and add another signee to their label? They already have the top 4, and once albums are out Matt will have to compete with them. I think the record labels may be thinking in terms of what these idols are capable of completely removed from AI. Fans of AI are fickle, it's been stated enough times, and once the new crop of hot guys rolls in, Most of these season 8 idols are stuck with the task of making a name for themselves outside of the AI bubble. Matt has gained popularity with alot of AI viewers, but again, come new season most will be saying Matt Who? esp. if they weren't a big fan to begin with.

I believe wholeheartedly that Matt can make a nice niche for himself in todays music. I believe in his talent, charisma, and passion to make it work. It's just a matter of making sure that the labels know that the fans he has now are sticking with him, and that Matt has the ability to keep moving forward after his season is done. But I won't get my hopes up to high. I'll remain positive because i believe enough in Matt that I feel regardless of who he signs with , he'll make it work for him. But I will also remain realistic. WE know that Matt has the talent, we are not trying to convince ourselves. It's about record companies being as sure as we are (which they obviously are not or he'd be signed by now) It may not be what we want it to be, but again I am a huge fan of Matt's and will buy his music regardless of who he is signed with, as i am sure all of us here will.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:00 am

Lana wrote:
IDK...I do believe that the going independant quote was directly from him, what I don't know is whether it is a negotiating tactic, like pasnthru has said, or if it is just a more plausible course of action for him right now.

Matt is a smart guy, and he knows that if he hasn't been signed by now that there is a possiblity that he will have to go independant. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors in these "meetings" with record labels, But i feel it likely that Matt is just preparing his fanbase just in case he does have to take that road. We won't be as shocked and disappointed if he goes Indie because he has stated plenty of times that it may be a course he has to take.

From what I have read up on Entertainment Lawyers, I agree that him talking to one and hiring one will give him a greater chance of signing with a major. The talks with 19 made me really happy for a while, but now that I think about it, how likely is it that they will go out on a limb and add another signee to their label? They already have the top 4, and once albums are out Matt will have to compete with them. I think the record labels may be thinking in terms of what these idols are capable of completely removed from AI. Fans of AI are fickle, it's been stated enough times, and once the new crop of hot guys rolls in, Most of these season 8 idols are stuck with the task of making a name for themselves outside of the AI bubble. Matt has gained popularity with alot of AI viewers, but again, come new season most will be saying Matt Who? esp. if they weren't a big fan to begin with.

I believe wholeheartedly that Matt can make a nice niche for himself in todays music. I believe in his talent, charisma, and passion to make it work. It's just a matter of making sure that the labels know that the fans he has now are sticking with him, and that Matt has the ability to keep moving forward after his season is done. But I won't get my hopes up to high. I'll remain positive because i believe enough in Matt that I feel regardless of who he signs with , he'll make it work for him. But I will also remain realistic. WE know that Matt has the talent, we are not trying to convince ourselves. It's about record companies being as sure as we are (which they obviously are not or he'd be signed by now) It may not be what we want it to be, but again I am a huge fan of Matt's and will buy his music regardless of who he is signed with, as i am sure all of us here will.

Lana, I agree with everything you said. Very well put.

Last week when Matt had sad tweets, it seemed to me that he found out that 19 was not signing him. If other major labels were interested, I think 19 would have been interested. So I am prepared for Matt to not be signed by a major label.

BUT I am not discouraged! Yes, it would be so much easier for Matt to be signed. But Matt is so smart, astute and passionate that I know he will make it work as an indie. He can perform at small clubs and work his way up. I just believe in every ounce of my body that his talent is too huge to be ignored or forgotten. I KNOW that he will be a successful artist.

We will be a street army for Matt. I am his warrior! I will do whatever he needs me to do! Good things come to those who wait. I will be waiting patiently for the day when the world realizes the WONDERFULNESS OF MATT!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.   New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Michigan article. Fellow idols praise Matt ..But Matt still in limbo.
Page 1 of 1