Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Washington, DC Show!

Go down 
+13
graciecat
pasnthru
cecilie
lovethemtigers
cranberry
Riley 9
sgr91
mattyg93
make.a.moment
Lisa_M
Lana
hazuki
Jenna
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:28 am

Quote :

As fans were leaving the show many named Matt Giraud, winner of the first ever Idol save, as their favorite performer of the evening. Giraud made the Fray's "You Found Me" interesting with vocal qualities similar to Clayton Stroope of Thriving Ivory. He is one of those performers who has it all; he can sing, dance, play piano, has a sense of humor and a signature style. Hopefully we will hear more from Matt Giraud after the tour."

Awww. Reading those kind of reviews are so so sweet!
From her mouth to God's ears! We will hear more from Matt after the tour. Because he will get signed sooner or later.
Seriously all this music critics think Matt should be in the music business why aren't those rec executives acting faster? Let's all hope the NY shows bring even more buzz for Matt.
I just know something great is in store for him! It will happen guys! Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Review from MJ's. The reviewer was only 12 years old...to cute! Her favorite is Adam.

Quote :
Matt - I loved Matt! He really surprised me and he was really good. I liked all 3 songs . I was surprised that so liked the Fray song . You found me did not sound copycat at all. He probably wins the biggest surprise award. My Dad really liked his last 2 songs. My Dad thought everyone should talk as much as Scott did. My mom liked it (could be because intermission was coming up-LOL) . The audience loved Matt there was a lot of ” iloveyoumatt”.

Group medley- My cousin was screaming for Megan the whole time. Megan and Lil’s voices do not go well together . Sarver was okay. Same with Scott. Anoop was good. I liked Lil and Anoop’s rapping. Matt again amazed how could play piano wonderfully, sung beautifully and engage the audience all
at the same time.

I loved Don’t Stop Believin’–it was cheesy goodness. I loved Adam’s glory note, really really liked Kris and Matt on that song.

My favorites from the show: ADAM, Allison, Kris, Matt (Kris and Matt tied), Danny, Lil, Anoop, Michael, Megan and Scott
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Jenna wrote:
Amazing HTH

Ahhhmazing view! Those trademark MattyG glissandos are way hot!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 3:43 pm

Partial HTH...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UfiSwpnSjk

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:15 pm

From AI...

Quote :
Matt has a new mohawk and he was fabulous. He is quite the entertainer with voice (what a falsetto) and piano!!! Group number for the girls was lame, for the dueling pianos was awesome!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:51 pm

mattyfan wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Amazing HTH

Ahhhmazing view! Those trademark MattyG glissandos are way hot!

Yea, dem pants are pretty hot too drunken
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:08 am

From MJ's

Quote :
At this point in the show I temporarily lost hearing in my right ear as Katrina screamed in anticipation of Matt. Matt comes storming in with “Hard to Handle” and he was amazing. Matt chose a song that he can really saaang and for the first half he showed that he can dance well too. No wonder a certain judge totally crushed on him. Then he started grooving on the piano and his playing got the crowd going! Of course, Matt revealed the faux-hawk and honestly, he can pull it off. (I am not going to diss Matt for fear of my life). Second song was “Georgia.” The energy died a little, but again, great singing and piano playing. Matt, will you play at Katrina’s wedding? He closed things up with “You Found Me.” I thought he really rocked it out. It was sad to see Matt go.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:17 pm

From MJ's...

DAmn great review!

Quote :

And then, then came the game-changer ….. MATT !!!!!!!!

Matt the Hat, yes, he is worth paying to see him in his own concert. Thank God he made enough money to get rid of that thing on his forehead – makes me sound shallow, but the MOLE was, for me, a major distraction. Now that it’s gone, he’s fun to watch, really knows how to play that piano.

Whatever. You shouldn’t say unkind things.

Anyway – Lots of Idol fans think Adam was robbed of the Idol Title for all the various reasons that have been put out there – and he was robbed. So was Matt. Matt should never have come in 5th place. From what we saw tonight on stage, this guy has it all. He owned his set, he played piano like a hound and he’s a total bad ass. I loved his whole performance!! He showed range, depth, musical talent and engaged the audience right from the get-go. Matt should be higher up in the tour set – I wanted to hear more from him, not just 3 songs, but he showed what he’s all about. The crowd loved him. Everyone was on their feet and for the first time in the show it seemed like we were watching someone who had their act totally together. Can’t wait for his solo tour, and hopefully, an album ??

The group numbers included a forgettable duet with Lil and Megan. Sarver sang Elvis’ Suspicious Minds and showed he’s got some soul. Scott and Matt on the pianos was cool. Anoop led the way for the closing number, and they all finished up the first set on a good note.

I have no doubt Matt could make a good solo album.

AND THE STAR OF THE IDOLS TOUR SHOW IS ……..

Adam and Matt – Tied for First Place. Okay so the scales tip slightly more towards Adam because he gets to perform longer, but Matt is chomping at the bit.

The only way to make the tour show better would be to change the line-up, but that goes back to re-hashing the show. But, if it could be done, here’s how it should have really gone down:

#10 – Megan

# 9 – Lil

# 8 – Sarver

# 7 – Scott

# 6 – Anoop

# 5 – Alison

# 4 – Danny

#3 – Kris

and

If Adam wasn’t going to win (for all the various reasons), then Matt should have come in first place. Matt is the only one talented and cocky enough to follow Adam’s performance. Got doubts about this? Go back and listen to “Part Time Lover” or “Staying Alive” – that’s not Kris Allen you’re listening to. Still got doubts? Who else dared to say “I’m not Adam’s Messenger” !!!!! Ooooh yeah – Talk to me baby !!! Tell me what else you is and ain’t !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:38 pm

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

DAmn great review!

Quote :

Matt the Hat, yes, he is worth paying to see him in his own concert. Thank God he made enough money to get rid of that thing on his forehead – makes me sound shallow, but the MOLE was, for me, a major distraction. Now that it’s gone, he’s fun to watch, really knows how to play that piano.

Anyway – Lots of Idol fans think Adam was robbed of the Idol Title for all the various reasons that have been put out there – and he was robbed. So was Matt. Matt should never have come in 5th place. From what we saw tonight on stage, this guy has it all. He owned his set, he played piano like a hound and he’s a total bad ass. I loved his whole performance!! He showed range, depth, musical talent and engaged the audience right from the get-go. Matt should be higher up in the tour set – I wanted to hear more from him, not just 3 songs, but he showed what he’s all about. The crowd loved him. Everyone was on their feet and for the first time in the show it seemed like we were watching someone who had their act totally together. Can’t wait for his solo tour, and hopefully, an album ??

The group numbers included a forgettable duet with Lil and Megan. Sarver sang Elvis’ Suspicious Minds and showed he’s got some soul. Scott and Matt on the pianos was cool. Anoop led the way for the closing number, and they all finished up the first set on a good note.

Adam and Matt – Tied for First Place. Okay so the scales tip slightly more towards Adam because he gets to perform longer, but Matt is chomping at the bit.

The only way to make the tour show better would be to change the line-up, but that goes back to re-hashing the show. But, if it could be done, here’s how it should have really gone down:

#10 – Megan

# 9 – Lil

# 8 – Sarver

# 7 – Scott

# 6 – Anoop

# 5 – Alison

# 4 – Danny

#3 – Kris

and

If Adam wasn’t going to win (for all the various reasons), then Matt should have come in first place. Matt is the only one talented and cocky enough to follow Adam’s performance. Got doubts about this? Go back and listen to “Part Time Lover” or “Staying Alive” – that’s not Kris Allen you’re listening to. Still got doubts? Who else dared to say “I’m not Adam’s Messenger” !!!!! Ooooh yeah – Talk to me baby !!! Tell me what else you is and ain’t !!!!!!!

Now THAT"S what I am talking about. I love how she was so blunt about everything and she not a diehard Matt fan before. Yes! cheers
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:48 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

DAmn great review!

Quote :

#10 – Megan

# 9 – Lil

# 8 – Sarver

# 7 – Scott

# 6 – Anoop

# 5 – Alison

# 4 – Danny

#3 – Kris

and

Now THAT"S what I am talking about. I love how she was so blunt about everything and she not a diehard Matt fan before. Yes! cheers
WOW, what a great review,spot-on! Dang! Bum! Eat that suckers! Laughing
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 2:38 pm

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

DAmn great review!

Quote :

#10 – Megan

# 9 – Lil

# 8 – Sarver

# 7 – Scott

# 6 – Anoop

# 5 – Alison

# 4 – Danny

#3 – Kris

and

Finally more people are agreeing it should have been Matt vs Adam finale. Surprised
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Quote :

Finally more people are agreeing it should have been Matt vs Adam finale.

That always was my dream finale. Sigh.. It's all water under the bridge now.
Matt's time to shine will come sooner or later. sunny
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:37 pm

DAMN STRAIGHT!! BEST REVIEW EVAHHHH!!! cheers bounce Cool
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:49 pm

graciecat wrote:
DAMN STRAIGHT!! BEST REVIEW EVAHHHH!!! cheers bounce Cool

You've got that right - I wait Hell YEAH when I read this. Awe SOOO proud of our guy!! He is just magical!! sigh....
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:54 pm

WOW...amazing review!! It made me go Woooooooot!! There are a lot of people posting comments after this review and saying great things about Matt too. Worth taking a look. I don't think I've ever seen so much praise for Matt on that site before.

You know, in a way, it might be a good thing that he is shining now more than when he was on the show (except he would be doing more songs in his set than just three if he had placed higher). Look at how Kris has fallen out of favor during the tour and how Matt is gaining speed. In the music industry you're only as good as your last gig, and Matt seems to be peaking now.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:59 pm

lumma wrote:
Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...

DAmn great review!

Quote :

#10 – Megan

# 9 – Lil

# 8 – Sarver

# 7 – Scott

# 6 – Anoop

# 5 – Alison

# 4 – Danny

#3 – Kris

and

Finally more people are agreeing it should have been Matt vs Adam finale. Surprised

OMG..what a awesome review!! I wish Matt could see this! cheers
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 6:12 pm

Love that review! I didn't see the concert tour but I would put Kris at #5 at best, with Allison and Danny overtaking him for spots 4 and 3.
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 pm

I absolutely LOVE the fact that more and more people are noticing Matt's talent. Smile It took 'em long enough! I wish that he had finished higher than fifth place too, but I kind of like the fact that he is the last performer before intermission because it gives people a chance to think and talk about him for twenty minutes before Allison takes the stage!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 11:52 pm

Sort of from MJ's - its a blog from a Virginia reporter.
Quote :

Then Matt Girard, minus his facial mole and sporting a faux hawk hair cut, took to the piano with confidence, singing and playing with plenty of showmanship and ability. I enjoyed his set as well as the piano duets he performed later with Scott during the group performance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Washington, DC Show!   Washington, DC Show! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Washington, DC Show!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3