Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville

Go down 
+13
Heidi
OvenMitt
Riley 9
Cacity87
lumma
cranberry
macigirl
mattyfan
mattyg93
Jenna
iluvmatt
lovethemtigers
sgr91
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
sgr91

sgr91

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville Empty
PostSubject: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:29 pm

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news/2009-09-01-idol-albums_N.htm

I really don't get the Danny over Matt signing even though I was kind of expecting it. I really think it has to do with the fact that they have already signed Adam, Allison and Kris (especially Kris). Since Danny has no musical identity, they decided to steer him to country, an area where he has no competition with the other's who are signed. Matt would be direct comptetion with the winner, Kris, and they couldn't afford to have Matt outsell or outshine Matt.
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm

i hear ya SGR - I don't get it either. Matt has so much talent, I just keep telling myself = great things comes to those who wait. They can sign their records rush into doing music genres that mean nothing to them...Matt will have an album, he will be signed - but on his terms. He will be the successful and happy one...I just know it. But I just can't wait for the day that it's official.
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:47 pm

I wonder if this news had anything to do with Matt's demeanor when I met him and why he has been so quiet (not-tweeting) lately. He also changed his bio on Twitter to read, "Living the dream of Music. Looking to the future and dreaming big" whereas before it was "Living the dream of playing music across the USA". I know that Danny and Matt are good friends and I know that Matt is genuinely happy for him....

BUT...

Anyone want to take over from here? Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 9:58 pm

iluvmatt wrote:
I wonder if this news had anything to do with Matt's demeanor when I met him and why he has been so quiet (not-tweeting) lately. He also changed his bio on Twitter to read, "Living the dream of Music. Looking to the future and dreaming big" whereas before it was "Living the dream of playing music across the USA". I know that Danny and Matt are good friends and I know that Matt is genuinely happy for him....

BUT...

I better not take over because right now I would have just a bunch of 4 letter words spewing out of my mouth. Not attractive! Mad Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 pm

Can't comment on the twitter motto but here is my speculation. I think 19E approached him and offered to sign him if he stuck to a certain genre and allowed them creative control. I think they were in negotiations and Matt would not give into their demands. I was speculating as to why they didn't announce Danny's contract earlier - maybe they were hoping to get a deal done with Matt and announce them at the same time? Matt said no thanks, I want control over the music that has my name and face attached to it, and they gave up and announced Danny. Any other theories out there?
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:01 pm

I just realized that I wasted my 100th post on this news. Razz

In all seriousness, my heart is breaking for Matt. When is this guy going to catch a break?!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:41 pm

So it happened. Danny got signed before Matt. Sigh..

Now I really want Matt to be signed by a major more than ever.
Guys, I do think that he WILL def pull a Castro. And in the end 19 will regret it.

Many people over at MJ's are saying that Matt should have been signed before Danny.So true.

But Matt has so much to offer and is so talented that I just know it will happen for him.
He sounded very hopeful about what will happen in the future in that Andrew Cook interview so I am still praying something great happens soon.

I mean it's been so tough to be a Matt fan! Geez. What else can he do to get signed?
Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:59 am

sgr91 wrote:
Can't comment on the twitter motto but here is my speculation. I think 19E approached him and offered to sign him if he stuck to a certain genre and allowed them creative control. I think they were in negotiations and Matt would not give into their demands. I was speculating as to why they didn't announce Danny's contract earlier - maybe they were hoping to get a deal done with Matt and announce them at the same time? Matt said no thanks, I want control over the music that has my name and face attached to it, and they gave up and announced Danny. Any other theories out there?

This is what I think happened with Matt's negotiations with 19. I can't imagine them not offering Matt anything. They did...R&B but Matt said no coz that's not what he wants. Good for him! Bigger, better things are in store for him!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:26 am

iluvmatt wrote:

BUT...

I think Matt changed his twitter bio just because the tour is ending and he will not be playing music across the USA. I was wondering when he would change it and I LOVE his new bio.

I am just surprised it took so long for them to announce Danny. I don't think it upset Matt because this was a slam dunk for months. I think everyone knew it was coming.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:35 am

I think it's appropriate to post this here. Matt probably feels the same way with regards to offers and record deals. It's certainly better to wait and build up to something better than settle for less now and get in a pit you can't recover from. For someone as unique and talented as Matt, I no longer see the need to rush. I strongly believe a J Records type of label will get him eventually. I'm glad Matt's trying to get some music done now to define himself. He knows he's got to deliver the goods.

From an early interview with Gavin Degraw (http://www.puresongwriters.com/interview1_gavindegraw1.htm):

Early on in your career, you turned down an offer from a major label. How did you come to that decision?

GAVIN: I didn't think the deal was very impressive. I figure that the offer you get is reflective of the company's belief in you. If they didn't believe in me enough to impress me, then I just figured I needed to work more on what I was doing and work on myself. I'd rather not have a deal than have a really bad one.

NWMS: That takes a lot of courage and sense of self to realize that.

GAVIN: I guess beggars can't be choosers but I didn't really feel desperate. You know what I mean? I wasn't in a hurray to have that kind of pressure on me.

NWMS: Now you're with J Records, a label I've heard only great things about. Maroon 5 is on the same label and when I interviewed Adam a few months ago, it sounded like there is a lot of creative control given to the artists as well as a grassroots approach that the label takes when developing artists.

GAVIN: It's the Rolls Royce of the labels without a doubt.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:19 am

Soo,Danny get signed by 19E. Good for him and good for the label. They will mastermind him Meaningful Countrysongs and he will sing them. Profits garanteed for awhile. What ever. Happy for him.
There are much better places for Matt.
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:31 am

Damn, it has come, at last. Neutral
Well, good luck on that country album then.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:05 pm

mattyfan wrote:
I think it's appropriate to post this here. Matt probably feels the same way with regards to offers and record deals. It's certainly better to wait and build up to something better than settle for less now and get in a pit you can't recover from. For someone as unique and talented as Matt, I no longer see the need to rush. I strongly believe a J Records type of label will get him eventually. I'm glad Matt's trying to get some music done now to define himself. He knows he's got to deliver the goods.

From an early interview with Gavin Degraw (http://www.puresongwriters.com/interview1_gavindegraw1.htm):

Early on in your career, you turned down an offer from a major label. How did you come to that decision?

GAVIN: I didn't think the deal was very impressive. I figure that the offer you get is reflective of the company's belief in you. If they didn't believe in me enough to impress me, then I just figured I needed to work more on what I was doing and work on myself. I'd rather not have a deal than have a really bad one.

NWMS: That takes a lot of courage and sense of self to realize that.

GAVIN: I guess beggars can't be choosers but I didn't really feel desperate. You know what I mean? I wasn't in a hurray to have that kind of pressure on me.

NWMS: Now you're with J Records, a label I've heard only great things about. Maroon 5 is on the same label and when I interviewed Adam a few months ago, it sounded like there is a lot of creative control given to the artists as well as a grassroots approach that the label takes when developing artists.

GAVIN: It's the Rolls Royce of the labels without a doubt.

Ooh, very insightful interview! I really want Matt to read this if he hasn't already. I think I might Twitter it to him. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:30 pm

Hey, Jenna, Hey guys! Sorry, I have been MIA for almost 3 weeks. I have been trying to catch up with all the threads, but REAL LIFE got in the way of posting here! LOL Embarassed I haven't been scorning anyone! Ha-ha Razz

Now this news of 19E/RCA Nashville is just the thing to get me out of lurkdom! Exclamation
[Get ready for my rant, LOL] Mad

Honestly, I can't say that I'm the least bit surprised by the announcement, since Danny himself has mentioned going to meetings in Nashville since June.
DISCLAIMER: the following is Just My Opinion and what happens when I overanalyze everything! Idea

I find it interesting that 19E chose September 1st to announce that they were signing Danny, which makes him the only 3rd place finisher to be signed by 19E/Freemantle ( or was Melinda Doolittle originally signed with them-- I don't think so ). On AI, it seems like being #3 has not resulted in big time record sales (Kimberley Locke did OK, Jasmine Trias has been a hit in Asia/ but not in America, Elliott went the Indie route, Syesha is doing Broadway, etc.) I think 19E decided to sign Danny because they needed someone to fill the "country singer" niche this year, but Kendall Beard never made it to the finals, and Michael Sarver has a small fanbase. To be perfectly honest, had Kendall or Sarver been more popular on the show, I doubt they would have even considered offering Danny a contract with SONY/RCA Nashville. No The show always tries to "discover" a country singer, starting with Josh Gracin, then the SUPERSTAR Carrie Underwood, then the fairly successful Kellie Pickler and Bucky Covington, but also some failures, like Phil Stacey and Kristy Lee Cook (I know not all of them are signed to 19E companies). Since no one else emerged as a bona fide "country singer" from this season, I guess they figured that Danny would fill that role. Suspect

Jenna, I'm rolling my eyes, too. I guess 19E preferred Danny over Matt after all, despite the fact that Matt is an AMAZING musician, in addition to being a singer! Rolling Eyes 19E would rather go with Danny because he had the bigger fanbase on the show, not necessarily because they believe he is OMG!SOOOOO talented! If 19E really believed that Danny was "all that", then he would have been signed immediately, like Allison (Kris and Adam were givens, since they were the winner and runner-up). I remember very well that 19E couldn't wait to sign Chris Daughtry after his SHOCKINGLY EARLY elimination! My take is that 19E wanted to wait until September to announce Danny's deal because they never considered him as valuable or talented as Kris/Adam/Allison. Notice how 19E is constantly releasing news that Kris's album comes out Nov. 17, Adam's will be on Nov. 24, and Allison's sometime in the fall. I think Danny had to wait to be signed officially because TPTB don't think he is ready to release an album THIS YEAR. I would bet that TPTB are planning on a spring time release date for Danny, since they basically have to teach him EVERYTHING about the recording industry and COUNTRY MUSIC! Unlike KRADISON, Danny did not come into AI with a strong musical identity nor years of performance experience like Adam.

Really, I don't want to seem bitter about Danny's deal because I do think he has a strong voice, and he is good friends with Matt. Although, I do want to snark on the fact that Danny is NOT my idea of a "country" singer. Fans on other AI boards have brought up examples like Shania Twain and Keith Urban, who are not your typical country singers from the South. However, I think those types of artists were successful in country because they were talented musicians, songwriters and performers BEFORE they ever moved to Nashville or signed a record contract. In fact, Shania was performing professionally since she was a young child and plays guitar and writes her own songs. Even though Keith Urban is from Australia, he ALWAYS performed as a country act before moving to the United States and plays guitar and a lot of other musical instruments. I just don't see why 19E would figure that Danny was a "natural fit" for the country music genre. Question

If I'm not mistaken, Danny himself said that he didn't know much about country music or The Grand Ole Opry before becoming a contestant on AI. He even said that he didn't know much about current music, mostly familiar with the religious type of music. And he even said he didn't know the lyrics to "Billy Jean" when he performed it during his Homecoming appearance in May. scratch To my knowledge, Danny doesn't have a vast range of musical knowledge, nor is he an actual musician (in contrast to Matt and Kris). I know that not everyone here likes Kris, but I actually give him props-- he can play the viola, guitar, piano and UKELELE! [Ha-ha must be the Jason Castro influence.] In addition, Kris has a distinct musical style and had his own identity BEFORE the AI show. I have listened to Kris's pre-Idol album Brand New Shoes, and IMO, it is EXCELLENT and better than 99% of the CRAP that is currently on the radio today. Seriously, I never would have thought that Kris's pre-Idol album was some low-budget production! geek

Now you ask me, what does this have to do with Matt? If there were any justice in this world, Matt would have been signed as soon as Allison was, and WAY BEFORE Danny. It's a shame that Matt and Anoop are currently "in limbo" because I think both of them are WAAAAAAY more talented than Danny. It came down to the fact that Danny has a bigger fanbase than Matt or Anoop right now. I remember Matt saying in an interview before the first concert in Portland that he was never comfortable competing on the show. Matt realized that it was a "popularity contest", so I guess he was implying that TALENT isn't the most important thing on American Idol. As Simon has said in the past, if this were truly a "singing" competition, then it would be on the RADIO. Personally, I think Matt is more marketable, "current" and relevant to contemporary music than Danny! As everyone knows by now, Matt is simply INCREDIBLE on the piano and can do rock/pop or even R&B (although Matt said he doesn't want to do R&B).

So many people who have watched Matt in concert have wondered the same thing-- why hasn't a record company signed him yet? My simple answer would be that record company execs must be STUPID! LOL Evil or Very Mad Even former Matt-haters now agree that Matt deserves a deal with a major record company. Evidently, notoreity is more important than actual musical talent in the recording industry, since TPTB have been slow to acknowledge Matt, yet people like KELLIE PICKLER were signed quickly (sorry, she's cute but CAN'T SING ON KEY!). Mad I don't want to be completely negative (HEH!), so I will say that Matt will have a solo career and tour, etc. , even if he never becomes a MEGA-STAR, like Kelly C, Carrie or Daughtry. Personally, I hope Matt does NOT sign with 19E, since they haven't treated him well in the past, and you know TPTB will be fawning all over Adam anyway ( I think Kris will get the short end of the 19E stick).

I still hope that another major record label eventually signs Matt, even if we have to wait for it, a la Jason Castro. Yes, Matt is definitely more talented than Jason. In fact, IMHO, Brooke White and Michael Johns are FAR MORE talented than Jason, but they're both on Indie labels, while Jason signed with a Major. It just seems strange to me how things work out-- I think Melinda Doolittle was one of the most talented AI contestants ever, but she doesn't sell many CDs, since she is on a small label. Rolling Eyes Yeah, I know that life isn't fair, otherwise Matt would already have a record deal, too!

Sorry about my LOOOOONG post, but I just had to get all this off my chest! [And I haven't posted in over 2 weeks! Ha-ha ] Shocked After my rant is over, I must tell you that I am A REALISTIC PERSON over all. No matter what-- if Matt is on a major label or an Indie, I will continue to support him. I care about talent first and foremost, NOT ABOUT THE MARKETABILITY/ the CONTROVERSY/ the SHOWINESS, or whatever makes you a big seller nowadays. Honestly, I would happily listen to a CD of Matt's AI cover songs over most of the CRAP that is popular on the Top 40 radio stations right now. sunny I think Matt has talent, the motivation and the charisma to have a long career in music. Nope, no more hotel lobbies or piano bars for Matt! I really don't care if Danny sells a million CDs or whatever-- as long as Matt is happy with his music, then I will be happy, too. cheers

Anyone still with me...? lol!

Last edited by Riley 9 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:46 pm

Riley:

We missed you! Where were you?

I completely understand your long post.

But I have to say that now I am more positive than ever that another major label company like Atlantic or Universal will go on to sign Matt. I mean if Danny got signed I am pretty sure Matt will pull a Castro, even if we have to wait as long as Jason's fans did. He even mentioned that in the Andrew Cook interview.

Have you heard about the chanting thing we are doing for Matt in Grand Rapids? It's going to be a huge deal. Can't wait for Saturday!
It will happen for him! Everybody thinks he must be signed! EVen non die-hard fans!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Well, it looks like my nightmare came true.

Okay, maybe it's not a NIGHTMARE, but I am truly gutted about this. HOWEVER......
I'm gonna try and look past the blatant and disgusting display of greed that 19 has projected by signing Danny, and focus on what this news means for Matt.

In my heart, I know that 19/Sony isn't really the right place for Matt anyways, it's just the whole "Top 4" thing that kind of puts salt in the wounds. It's like a direct message that Matt somehow isn't up to snuff. Of course, we are all aware that this isn't the least bit true! I am with the others that theorized that Matt may have been talking with 19 about a deal, but it was one that that wouldn't honor his musical vision or give him creative input, so he backed away from it. Why else would he even mention 19 in an interview if that wasn't at least in part true? I don't know that it was really coming down to either Matt or Danny, but more like a "Hey, let's let one more hop on the train" type thing. It boggles me that 19 would rather just force-feed a package "artist" to the public and drop them if they don't sell X amount of units, rather than actually desire to take a raw talent and create some meaningful music with them. But I suppose that fact in and of itself explains why 19 and Matt would never work.

I read some comments on MJs about how Matt couldn't get a major deal like Castro did, because he didn't have the fanbase Jason did, and had to be "saved" numerous times by the judges. Funny, but I think that says more about the American public's terrible judge of talent than it does about Matt's worthiness as a musician (disclaimer to Castro fans: I am in no way implying that Jason isn't talented, only that the criteria that people are using to determine Matt's chances of getting a major deal are skewed and unfounded). Another thing that irked me was that people claim that Matt lacks musical identity. These are the people that, in the same breath, think Danny is the end-all be-all of music! Fact: Matt HAS a musical identity, it's just not the one the judges tried to force upon him (it's also the one they are trying to, and will probably fail to, wedge Kris into). Fact: If anyone needs an example of lack of musical identity, see Danny Gokey's tour set! Geez Louise!

I for one think that Matt has all the ingredients of a successful recording artist. But part of the key to that success is having people working with you that believe in your God-honest, core of talent. (I actually fear for Allison, because, out of the sacred Top 4, I feel that she's the one who stands to lose the most in terms of her authentic self being genericized by 19. The other three seem to want to be exploited, so more power to them. But poor Allison, I hope they do that girl justice.)ANYWAYS, I feel that, with all the people Matt has in his corner, he really will create a special place for himself in the industry. And at least we can say FOR SURE now that the music he puts out will be pure Matt. There will be no question, no disappointment. It's gonna be top-notch, even if it's not gonna get in our hot little hands for another year. That, in my mind, is completely worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:00 pm

Hey OvenMitt:

Great post as always. Matt will get signed sooner or later. It's just a matter of time in my mind. No it won't be with 19 obviously but it will be major.

FWIW did you guys read Matt's latest tweet:

Here it is:
Quote :
congrats @dannygokey on the deal man. I'm proud of you bro! and @jasoncastro I'm diggin' the new single. Bought it yesterday and it's great!
ANd:

Quote :
It's a beautiful day here in the Chi. We're all sitting around laughing WITH @adamlambert about last night...good times and glory days.

He seems so happy today. And the mention of Jason Castro in the same tweet of Danny's deal makes me really think there must be interest from Atlantic Records at the moment.
Am I too delusional? I really want to think it will happen for Matt too. If Matt finds the right place to nurture his talent, the right producers, right songs he will be great recording artist!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:20 pm

I don't know if Matt is implying anything by his tweets today, other than that he wanted to say congrats to Danny and then he probably was thinking about his own career and how parallel its become to Jason Castro - so he gave that shout-out to Jason at the same time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:25 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Hey OvenMitt:

Great post as always. Matt will get signed sooner or later. It's just a matter of time in my mind. No it won't be with 19 obviously but it will be major.

FWIW did you guys read Matt's latest tweet:

Here it is:
Quote :
congrats @dannygokey on the deal man. I'm proud of you bro! and @jasoncastro I'm diggin' the new single. Bought it yesterday and it's great!
ANd:

Quote :
It's a beautiful day here in the Chi. We're all sitting around laughing WITH @adamlambert about last night...good times and glory days.

He seems so happy today. And the mention of Jason Castro in the same tweet of Danny's deal makes me really think there must be interest from Atlantic Records at the moment.
Am I too delusional? I really want to think it will happen for Matt too. If Matt finds the right place to nurture his talent, the right producers, right songs he will be great recording artist!

I don't think you're delusional!

I have thought about Atlantic for Matt ever since I found out Kara was A&R for their parent company, Warner Music. I have read up on the company a little bit, and they do have a reputation for being really nurturing to their artsits, and creating perfect niches for them. Plus, the company is old, old, old, and knows how to market these artists properly, having seen so many ups and downs in the industry. Sony is a recently created behemoth, a result of mergers and takeovers, very cold and corporate in it's origins. It's obvious that profit takes precedence over artistic integrity with them, which is not to say they don't have some great talent in their arsenal, but I can't honestly say the type of music they shill is up my alley. It's very much "now" oriented. So, in my long-winded way, I'm saying that, bruised ego aside, I think that I, as well as all of Matt's other fans, can rest assured that good things are coming his way. It may be hard to see the big picture now, but he will end up where he belongs. Hopefully that's under the protective wing of Warner Music (JMO).
Back to top Go down
Heidi

Heidi

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:40 pm

I am just sad. Matt deserves so much. I know he will get there, but I want it to happen for him sooner rather than later.

Way too many less deserving people have been signed. When will it be Matt's turn???
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:00 pm

Heidi wrote:
I am just sad. Matt deserves so much. I know he will get there, but I want it to happen for him sooner rather than later.

Way too many less deserving people have been signed. When will it be Matt's turn???

We can't give up on his chances, even though 19E has decided to pass on him. Since we're taking the example of Jason Castro, I remember something that he did last year before he had a record deal. Jason released a cover of "White Christmas" before the Holidays, and it was a memorable version because he played THE UKELELE (like his Hawaiian version of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow"). The song was available only at Amazon.com, but it was a FREE DOWNLOAD! I thought it was a brilliant way to keep Jason's name out there while he was waiting for a record deal. Idea

Matt is definitely talented enough to release a song or even an EP through iTunes or Amazon after the tour. His fans just have to publicize it, like you all have been saying "grassroots" style. Of course, we don't have the millions of dollars like RCA, Warner, Universal, etc. to promote an album, but we can still do our part to spread the word! sunny

I believe there have been quite a few un-signed singers who eventually got record deals after record producers listened to their original music on their MySpace pages/ web sites. I think Jason Reeves, who helped Colbie Caillat write some of her songs on her first CD, started out this way. He sold his CDs online and at his live shows, but eventually he got a record deal with Warner Brothers!

I swear, we could earn a marketing degree after we come up with all these ideas for Matt's career! lol!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:17 pm

It always hurts not to get picked.....even if you don't like or want to be with the people who are doing the picking. That's just human nature.

BUT - I agree with everyone who says they are glad (I'm thrilled in fact) that Matt doesn't have to be stuck with 19evil . He's choosing to take his time and do what's right for his career. Having a rushed first CD, that doesn't really represent who you are as an artist can be a career killer. I really liked Bo Bice, but hated his first CD and subsequently lost interest and haven't followed him since. (Course I love Matt much more, and would give him many chances - - not that he'll need them). I believe Bo sued to get out of his 19E contract. I loved Jason last season, and have waited patiently for his first CD, as well as most of his fans have, and I believe he'll be successful.

I continue to be certain that Matt is in control of his destiny and will have a brilliant career. Danny and 19E were made for each other and I wish them happiness.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:30 pm

OK, I feel like I have started to look for hidden meaning in everything that Matt says. His latest twitter to his old roommate made me a little curious.

Quote :
Hey bro @yogijerr So I never thought I'd say something like this but the new Imogen album is changing my life. haha

So I know nothing of Imogen Heap and he's probably talking about the songs touching him in some way but I became curious about her label and here is what Wiki had to say.

Quote :
Heap also announced, on her return to the UK, that she had signed a deal for the album to be released internationally, as well as re-promoted in the UK, with a new imprint of Sony BMG, White Rabbit, run by former Sony BMG UK A&R vice president Nick Raphael. The deal meant that the album could have the promotional backing provided by a respected major label, whilst Heap retained sole control and the team she established for Megaphonic Records.

The entire keep creative control but have the backing of a major label certainly sounds like an artist's dream. I'm sure I overthought this in connection to Matt but thought I would throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 9:46 pm

Ok I think I'm over enough of my bitterness now (mostly) to comment in this thread.

I honestly wasn't feeling like Danny being announced meant the end of all possiblities of Matt signing with 19. I understand that at this point chances of him signing with them are slim, but I do not feel like Matt and Danny's deal were that reliant apon each other. Meaning I don't think it was an either or type of thing. 19 is a very smart and business savvy group. One of the biggest record labels in the country, no? Does none of you feel that these very thoughts of Matt being leaps and bounds above gokey in talent, energy, charisma, charm, musicality, and overall appeal hasn't run through their heads? I genuinely believe in my heart of hearts that they wanted Matt more than they wanted Gokey. They were more invested in working with someone like Matt who has a sense of who he is rather than gokey who will all but need to be hand fed.

As much as I detest Mjs and those posters, their insight is one from a non fan, and some are coming from a honest basis. I do agree with them that the reason for Gokey being a priority over Matt (even considering all of the above mentioned factors) is that ever important fanbase. As much as we don't want to admit it, Matt barely hung on during the show, and did need a lot of push from the judges and subtle pimping from the producers. Danny made it to 3rd fairly easily. And even now has close to the amount of followers that Adam has. He doesn't need to put out the best music, for a lot of his fanbase they just want his music. With his whole foundation, widower, faith messege he sells. And with 19 as much as they may look at Matt as a superior musician, Gokey is the better Product $$$$$

This, however, doesn't convince me that 19 has completely abandoned Matt. They had to have approached Danny ages ago. He began bragging shortly after the Finale, so at least part-way into the tour 19 was looking to sign Danny. They may not have seriously considered Matt, however, until he proved himself with every show that he was worthy. Thus even being as close as they were to signing Gokey, they still apporached Matt. It was AFTER contracts were up that Matt dropped the 19 name, at this point they had signed Danny and STILL were talking to Matt. This is why I believe that even though Danny has been announced, it doesn't mean that Matt/19 is out the window- Not just yet.

Someone stated earlier that a deal where an artist is left completely to their own devices, creatively, while a major label offers them production and promotion would be the perfect situation. NOW I"M GOING OUT ON A LIMB. What if 19 decides to go this route with Matt? They have a lot on their hands with the top 4 and their albums to give any more attention to another artist, But like i stated above 19 is smart and Matt is a marketing dream- young, sexy,gorgeous, charming, charismatic, funny, relatable, "single", cute guy personality, cool, hip, "current" <--- their favorite word, they want to be able to work something out with him. Not to mention that he has a nice fanbase and is gaining more (enough at least for John Mayer type success). They may be inclined to trust Matt with his own album while they babysit the top 4, and just promote whatever Matt decides on. Crazy? Maybe but I'm sure 19 has done crazier things on their rise to the top.

Long...LONG LONG LONG, story short. 19 and Matt is not out of the question for me. Danny's announcement should have no weight whatsoever on Matt and his future, it just means good news for danny and his fans (I wish them the very best). Matt will have his time. We just have to wait for it...
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:26 pm

I could be wrong about this, but I have a feeling that 19E is not as pleased to sign Danny as they want us to think. If Danny was such a priority to them, why didn't they announce his record deal along with Allison? Of course, they announced Kris's deal 1st and then Adam's. But they waited 3 months to officially sign Danny-- he was NOT part of the "KRADISON" trifecta. I guess 19E wasn't 100% sold on Danny after his 3rd place finish, but they ended up signing him after he received mostly positive tour reviews. Rolling Eyes 19E could drop Danny pretty easily if his sales don't live up to their expectations! Who knows what kind of career Danny will have? I never imagined him as a country singer, but that's what 19E wants him to be.

Personally, I would rather have another record company sign Matt. I think 19EVIL is too controlling, and they did nothing to help the careers of past Idols like Taylor, Katharine McPhee, Blake, Bo Bice, Diana Degarmo, Ruben, etc. For a company that is behind the #1 rated TV series in America and has about 30 million viewers per episode, 19E doesn't seem to have a very good track record with their signed Idols. Only Kelly, Carrie and Daughtry are considered superstars now. Clay's stock has plummeted, while Kellie Pickler, David Cook and Jordin are doing pretty well for now. Almost all the 2nd place finishers have small careers (not including Clay or David Archuleta). Danny is the only 3rd place contestant that 19E has signed, if I remember correctly. scratch

I don't think Matt would be happy with 19E if they tried to put him in a box and control all his musical decisions. As previous posters have said, Matt deserves a record company that will give him some artistic freedom, like the relationship that Gavin Degraw has with his label. sunny Matt has said that fame isn't important to him; he just wants a long career as a respected musician. IMHO, Danny cares more about record sales and garnering publicity for his wife's foundation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville   Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Its official - Danny signed to Arista Nashville
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next