Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?

Go down 
+9
lymon15
meagsmatt
Lana
ShellBen
slick7
OvenMitt
Jenna
livgiraud
sgr91
13 posters
AuthorMessage
sgr91

sgr91

Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm

He picked Allison, Anoop and Mishovana (wanted u to pick 2 finalists and 1 semi). Go on there and represent Matt!. There were quite a few that posted Matt but I continue to be amazed how many put down Anoop! Interestingly enough, very few people advocating for Danny! I have no idea of anyone of importance cares about such random polls, but I figure it can't hurt!
http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/06/iraheta-anoop-/comments/page/2/#comments
Back to top Go down
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:49 pm

Yes, and it pissed me off.

Slezak was (WAS) my boo after the Idolatry interview because he was def. loving Matt. But now this? No respect.

Why the media always tries to make Matt seem less worthy or less talented? Grrrrrrr.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:53 pm

He did state that he was torn between Matt, Anoop and Alexis, precisely because of the idolatry video. Matt has definitely won him over. Now I totally disagree with Anoop's appeal - his most successful stuff on idol was the ballads but he wants to do contemporary R&B. I just don't see it!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:56 pm

livgiraud wrote:

Slezak was (WAS) my boo after the Idolatry interview because he was def. loving Matt. But now this? No respect.

Why the media always tries to make Matt seem less worthy or less talented? Grrrrrrr.

I just posted a couple of news articles where Matt is praised go check them out!

IMO Anoop has no chance in hell of getting a record label. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't feel he will.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Yeah, I'm in total disagreement about that choice as well. But let's face it; Slezak isn't exactly a genius when it comes to picking the best Idols. He actually wanted Kris in the Top 3, which is deplorable to me. And Anoop? For me, he has nowhere near the chops that Matt does, and is just odd in the R&B genre.

I prefer this blog:
http://blog.zap2it.com/americanidol/2009/06/who-gets-the-next-american-idol-record-deal.html

This article chooses Matt as the next pick after Allison. Just because Slezak has a loud voice, doesn't mean his way of thinking is the most valid!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Jenna wrote:
livgiraud wrote:

I just posted a couple of news articles where Matt is praised go check them out!

IMO Anoop has no chance in hell of getting a record label. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't feel he will.
Where did you post those articles, Jenna?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:07 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:
livgiraud wrote:

Where did you post those articles, Jenna?

In the current news and article thread.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:11 pm

Jenna wrote:

In the current news and article thread.

Gotcha. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

Oh Slezak, I don't know what the music industry did to you but clearly you're determined to see its music continue to suck for a long long time. Anoop? For reals? For reals for reals? On what planet is he more deserving of a record deal that Matt? Scratch that, in what solar system? I'd be curious to know what part(s) of his body Slezak actually uses to listen to music...or does, like, actual music not matter when he does a list like this...just his perception of a person's personality?

Last edited by slick7 on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm

I can't be mad at Slezak for that. Anoop was already one of his favorites, and he really never cared much for Matt during the show. He still mentioned Matt. The fact that Matt's idolatry interview has Slezak putting him on all his good lists now is awesome to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 8:44 pm

I suppose that the fact that Slezak chose Anoop over Matt would upset me more if Slezak had even an ounce of credibility in the music industry. As it stands, I think i'll take Kara's word (who has adored and pushed for Matt since the beginning), Simon Cowell, who would rather save Matt over Anoop, AI producers, who were obviously more behind Matt than Anoop, and the million of fans in America that got Matt to top 5 over Anoop Cool ...
Nothing at all against Anoop.
Back to top Go down
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:12 pm

Well, i'm not saying Slezak is a music genius. However, i've been following him since the beginning of the season and i saw his change of heart towards Matt after the interview.

This is disappointing to me, but concerning Slezak. That's all.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:23 pm

Lana wrote:
I suppose that the fact that Slezak chose Anoop over Matt would upset me more if Slezak had even an ounce of credibility in the music industry. As it stands, I think i'll take Kara's word (who has adored and pushed for Matt since the beginning), Simon Cowell, who would rather save Matt over Anoop, AI producers, who were obviously more behind Matt than Anoop, and the million of fans in America that got Matt to top 5 over Anoop Cool ...
Nothing at all against Anoop.

You said everything perfectly! Whatever! to what he thinks. His opinion isn't going to change millions of other's minds. I'd actually really be surprised if Anoop got signed before Matt...from the perspective of money making, I don't think he is as marketable as Matt. I think Matt can appeal to a much more varied audience than him.
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:33 pm

in any way i still think Matt deserves it and Slezak is just a bum for not mentioning him. Im praying for Matt everyday!
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:36 pm

Ugh, Slezak? Why did you not say Matt?
I mean, I know the majority of the top 10/11 (counting Alexis) will get deals, and Matt will definitely be the next!

Off to leave a comment.

[:
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:40 pm

I think Michael acknowleged Matt is just that Anoop has always been a favorite of his. But that's OK. I just hope Matt does indeed get a record deal.

Wow. That was fast! All three Kris, Adam and Allison got theri official announcements within two days.

Look at Matt's latest twitter:
Quote :

@canavesio
That would be original flavor with chocolate shavings and coconut.
Yummers..Congrats Ali, Adam, and Kris. Very proud of you guys

He is so sweet. He is proud of his friends. But this comment to me just means he still doesn't have anything in the works and that sucks.
No one sees potential in Matt? Am I living in Mars? Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:48 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
I think Michael acknowleged Matt is just that Anoop has always been a favorite of his. But that's OK. I just hope Matt does indeed get a record deal.

Wow. That was fast! All three Kris, Adam and Allison got theri official announcements within two days.

Look at Matt's latest twitter:
Quote :

@canavesio
That would be original flavor with chocolate shavings and coconut.
Yummers..Congrats Ali, Adam, and Kris. Very proud of you guys

He is so sweet. He is proud of his friends. But this comment to me just means he still doesn't have anything in the works and that sucks.
No one sees potential in Matt? Am I living in Mars? Sigh.

OMG MattyG you must have just read my mind because I thought the same thing and just posted about it in another thread. I think we are the worrywarts here! I'm glad I'm not the only one!
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 12:26 am

Yeah, I did see this!
I totally disagree with him about Matt cause Matt is the one who really deserves to be signed next but I do agree with him about Mishovanna and I still don't understand why they pick Megan as a wild card instead of Mishovanna cause Mishovanna is a better singer and I was already friends with her on myspace before this season started! Actually Mishovanna was the actual reason why I watched the auditions and discovered Matt! I guess you can tell who were my favorites this season!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:24 am

yesterday I was on the road for 10 hours and was bored, so I listened to a CD I made of the live performances of AI this season prior to Matt being voted off...and I have to say just listening and not seeing makes a big difference, and I know I'm preaching to the choir here but Anoop in no way even comes close to Matt. Anoop has an okay voice, but it's nothing when compared to Matt. There is nothing distinct about Anoop. He has no runs, etc. Same for Danny. I'm not sure why America never embraced Matt, but he should have been at the top!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?   Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone see Slezak's article about who should be signed next?
Page 1 of 1