Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Matt's latest tweet.

Go down 
+7
sunshyne8
macigirl
lovethemtigers
Giraudian#202
MattCat101
lumma
hazuki
11 posters
AuthorMessage
hazuki

Matt's latest tweet. Empty
PostSubject: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 1:49 pm

@ImMattGiraud
Alright career update: I'm heading to LA in a few days for a couple large fundraiser performances and some writing sessions. good things!about 1 hour ago from web

"I'M HEADING TO LA in a few days & some writing sessions..."

Interesting! Discuss!
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:17 pm

This tweet really made my day. Wow he's moving things at a fast speed. Thought I had to wait until Soap opera event to hear him sing again. These fund raiser gigs must be the ones at napa valley he mentioned before. I hope he gets tons of attention and I am so hoping for videos of those performances! Wonder what songs are in his setlist. Hopefully he will showcase some of his originals??? Very Happy
Also, if he has to be in LA for writing session instead of writing on his own at home, that means he's got people there in LA working with him, no?? Cool
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 2:40 pm

lumma wrote:
This tweet really made my day. Wow he's moving things at a fast speed. Thought I had to wait until Soap opera event to hear him sing again. These fund raiser gigs must be the ones at napa valley he mentioned before. I hope he gets tons of attention and I am so hoping for videos of those performances! Wonder what songs are in his setlist. Hopefully he will showcase some of his originals??? Very Happy
Also, if he has to be in LA for writing session instead of writing on his own at home, that means he's got people there in LA working with him, no?? Cool

That's what I am thinking too. I think he is collabrating with people because why would he go to LA just to write? Maybe he'll be in meetings too.
Back to top Go down
MattCat101

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:08 pm

Going to LA to write is great, but he really needs to be going to LA to get himself a manager, set up meetings with record labels, etc! I hope writing is not all he is doing in LA....

I know I just need to trust him, but I just don't want him to fall into the same trap that many Idol contestants do after the show: constantly writing/recording, but they never got a team together so their writings and recordings go nowhere! haha
Back to top Go down
MattCat101

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:11 pm

lumma wrote:
These fund raiser gigs must be the ones at napa valley he mentioned before. I hope he gets tons of attention and I am so hoping for videos of those performances! Wonder what songs are in his setlist. Hopefully he will showcase some of his originals??? Very Happy

what fund raiser gigs are those? I haven't heard of them.
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Writing sessions! I like the sound of that cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Matt is very talented and very smart! He has a dream and a passion..music is his life. I'm sure he will be pursuing more in LA then simply writing songs. Just trust him....don't be influended by Chris Sligh's negative stuff. I'm not!

This is Matt Freaking Giraud not Chris Sigh, not clay aiken, not syeshia, not fantasia, not diana degarmo, not ruben studdard....Have Faith People!

Don't mean to be scolding...just want to stay positive for Matt! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 4:55 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
Matt is very talented and very smart! He has a dream and a passion..music is his life. I'm sure he will be pursuing more in LA then simply writing songs. Just trust him....don't be influended by Chris Sligh's negative stuff. I'm not!

This is Matt Freaking Giraud not Chris Sigh, not clay aiken, not syeshia, not fantasia, not diana degarmo, not ruben studdard....Have Faith People!

I agree. I am not going to nitpick every move Matt makes and every tweet he tweets. I have faith in him to do what is right for himself and his career. I want him to feel free to tweet whatever the hell he wants, whether it's about a restaurant, movie or career, and not worry that fans will second guess him.

I want him to feel free to be!!!!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:01 pm

I agree MaciGirl - just becasue Matt is eating Taco Bell doesn't mean he is not working on his music - geeze the boy's gotta eat! HA

He's gotta have substance to feed his brain!
Back to top Go down
sunshyne8

sunshyne8

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:08 pm

macigirl wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

Don't mean to be scolding...just want to stay positive for Matt! Matt's latest tweet. Icon_biggrin

I agree. I am not going to nitpick every move Matt makes and every tweet he tweets. I have faith in him to do what is right for himself and his career. I want him to feel free to tweet whatever the hell he wants, whether it's about a restaurant, movie or career, and not worry that fans will second guess him.

AMEN Maci!! Matt's latest tweet. Icon_cheers ITA with both of you ladies!

One other thing I just wanted to say is that Matt has mentioned John Hiatt's song "Have a Little Faith in Me" on several occasions. So, that's the stance i'm taking... its a great song!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UkKTlzyLhQ
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

sunshyne8 wrote:
macigirl wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

Don't mean to be scolding...just want to stay positive for Matt! Matt's latest tweet. Icon_biggrin

One other thing I just wanted to say is that Matt has mentioned John Hiatt's song "Have a Little Faith in Me" on several occasions. So, that's the stance i'm taking... its a great song!

yes! he has tweeted that a few times...have a little faith in me......by the way this may sound stupid (i am blonde) but what is ITA?
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:10 pm

Nevermind.....as soon as I typed it...i figured it out - I Totally Agree ITA Love IT!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:11 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
sunshyne8 wrote:
macigirl wrote:
lovethemtigers wrote:

yes! he has tweeted that a few times...have a little faith in me......by the way this may sound stupid (i am blonde) but what is ITA?

I think it's "I totally agree"
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:37 pm

Matt's so sweet! Matt's latest tweet. Herz It seems this is his way of sending worried fans the message that he's got everything under control. I never doubted it. I have full confidence in Matt and his success! I think we should think of more ways to show our support rather than send pressure vibes. I know it's difficult to be a die-hard fan...worries come with the territory, so it's just AWESOME our fave seems to have us in mind when he tweets. Matt's latest tweet. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 5:38 pm

Ok. I am excited again that he tweeted about writing sessions in LA.
Maybe the label that is interested arranged those for him? I sure hope so.
Maybe the official signing announcement is right around the corner. I would like to think that. He said good things with exclamation points! So he seems excited too.

Anyways I am glad Matt is heading back to LA. That's where things wil happen for him, either there or NYC. Matt's latest tweet. Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
MattCat101

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:

This actually has nothing to do with Chris Sligh. My worries have EVERYTHING to do with Chris Richardson, my previous favorite Idol. He went out fifth place his season, and all of the contestants and such were always going on and on about what a great talent he was - an AMAZING writer - and that he had a great shot at being signed. After the tour, he wrote and recorded songs with TONS of people. In fact, he still is doing that to this day... Unfortunately, he has never been signed and never put out an album. (And believe me, his fans were just as confident in him being signed as the people here are!)

When I look at Idols that weren't signed by 19 but still managed to get an album out within the following year of being on AI - Michael Johns, Elliott Yamin, (yes, even Chris Sligh!) - they all got their team together as soon as possible. Chris Richardson? Not so much. Getting a team together seems to be one of the most important things. I just really hope Matt is doing that.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 6:53 pm

I hope we get some videos of Matt from these fundraisers....I'm already having major Matt withdrawal. We needs some new Matt crack soon, LOL!

MattCat, I can totally understand where you're coming from. Musicians have very difficult lives. There's just so much talent out there. I wish each one would just find a substantial audience to cater to. It's just a matter of getting a BREAK. Sometimes it takes a loooong while. But it will come! (Esp. when you're from A. Idol, people from mjs/rickey/Sleazak's EW have such high expectations and are quick to label you a failure. But really not many are even aware of such blogs/forums.) Artists get satisfaction from knowing there are those that support them no matter what. Fans can keep them going! So just keep showing your support to your faves. I think that goes a long way. All artists probably dream BIG but they still get satisfaction from any of their accomplishments.

I'm a Michael Johns fan and tomorrow I'm seeing his show with Brooke White. I have no idea how many people will show up. 100? 300? Regardless of the turnout, Michael has said he's the happiest being able to make his own music and tour and live the life a singer-musician. He's grateful to Idol for giving him this break. As a fan, I'm truly happy for him, and I still believe in bigger things for him, chart-wise...in time. I hope I didn't offend anyone by talking about someone else on Matt's Forum. I was just compelled to give it as an example of having faith in ones Idol and, really, "success" is a relative term.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:46 pm

We definitely need to keep the faith and I'm pretty sure Matt sent that out to reassure us. I agree that we shouldn't nitpick at all his tweets...a boy gotta eat sometimes! LOL so true, lovethemtigers. I was a big Chris Rich fan so I see where you're coming from, MattCat101. Matt is cooking more than some songs in LA....I can feel it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt's latest tweet.   Matt's latest tweet. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt's latest tweet.
Page 1 of 1