Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!

Go down 
+11
cranberry
sgr91
ShellBen
graciecat
Cindyy
Lana
lumma
crys7
mattyg93
mattyfan
Jenna
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Empty
PostSubject: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:10 pm

Matt's latest tweet...

Quote :
I have to say writing with awesome writers like @M_Featherstone is the coolest thing in the world! It's fun bouncing ideas back and fourth.

He must have been very busy today writing considering he hasn't tweeted all day until now!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:11 pm

Her website...

http://www.michellefeatherstone.com/

She has written songs for One Tree Hill, The Hills, and Grey's Anatomy.

Here is her tweet about Matt...

Quote :
I am having fun writing songs with @ImMattGiraud today..yippppeeee

I love that everyone who meets Matt has great things to say about him!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 pm

Anxiously waiting for Matt's songs...
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:22 pm

Ohhh I like her a lot! Listen to some of her music...lots of piano! very beautiful. Listen to Ten Stories Down, Park Bench, You Don't See Me Anymore, Perfect, and Running Down. You can even download Perfect.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:23 pm

Yes, I'm liking her songs, too! Very excited for Matt!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:32 pm

Jenna!
I just saw that. I am so excited..
She has written songs for hit shows like Grey's Anatomy? Cool.
Who is hooking Matt with all these songwriters? Would love to know. Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_cool
I really believe there is a label involved here and we will know soon. Can't wait for the day he gets signed!
I also noticed he did not tweeted during the day. Hmmm Must have been pretty busy. That is good. Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:38 pm

She's frickin AWESOME! I can't wait to hear what they come up with. I love her mellow style. Likely to bring out the other side of Matt...the sensitive, passionate side. I have a feeling they might be writing my favorite Matt Giraud song now as we speak!
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 pm

Can it be that he's finding all these writers on his own and paying them with his own money he earned from the tour? It is possible but between exposure on ABC and these works with notable song writers, I'm so sure there are label people behind him. Maybe it's just me but I don't think Yobi TV is big enough to get him on ABC even for 1 minute. But if it is indeed Matt himself who is arranging all these writing sessions, more power to him for his determination. Go Matt!
Just checked out some of her songs on youtube, her style is PERFECT for Matt! I am more excited about this writer than Danny pringle, as his previous works seem more mainstream but not exactly what I think suits Matt the best. OMW to check out more of her songs.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:50 pm

Oooh I'm getting that feeling too Crys. She seems like such a contrast to what we may get from Danny. I really like her style based on the songs I heard on the website (Thanks for posting Jenna).

Sounds like Matt is putting together some good stuff from his own songs to what he is doing with these writers. Can't wait to hear them!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:11 pm

Quote :
Can
it be that he's finding all these writers on his own and paying them
with his own money he earned from the tour? It is possible but between
exposure on ABC and these works with notable song writers, I'm so sure
there are label people behind him. Maybe it's just me but I don't think
Yobi TV is big enough to get him on ABC even for 1 minute.

Exactly my point Lumma. I really do believe there is a label involved here at this point. So exciting.
Have you guys forgotten the "important people" who went to see him at the BRidgeport, CT concert? He was so positive about that and said good things would be happening.
Sooo. I do believe now that Matt will gt signed any minute now. I am so happy. Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_biggrin
I am loving her songs also! Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_bounce
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 9:57 pm

So, I you-tubed her, and I love her music, too! Beautiful!
So excited Matt gets to write with her! sunny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEH5kO6VUJQ

Off to check out the ones on her site now. woo!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:34 pm

She has a beautiful voice and I really am excited to hear Matt is working with her. I would love to hear something like this from Matt. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:12 pm

Matt's latest tweet...

Quote :
So I just got home and going out to dinner. I was a really fun day with @M_Featherstone Michelle is great and so talented. Recording 2mor!!

Why is he recording already? I don't think it normally works that way. I thought they gather all the songs and then record? Maybe he is making a demo to shop around to labels? Or putting something up on itunes?
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:23 pm

It looks like that's what he did with that Danny guy too, writing and recording at the same time (that 2 sec clip of him in the recording booth)

Yeah, my guess is he's recording demos to shop around or just put out there...not necessarily for an album yet.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm

ShellBen wrote:
It looks like that's what he did with that Danny guy too, writing and recording at the same time (that 2 sec clip of him in the recording booth)

Yeah, my guess is he's recording demos to shop around or just put out there...not necessarily for an album yet.

Yes Shellben those are my thoughts exactly. I would love to hear new music so I hope he does put them up on itunes! However, I'm leaning more towards him making a demo.

Hmmm do you guys think this points more towards him being signed or still needing to get a deal?
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Hmmm...hard to say. I do wonder how he hooked up with these different people in LA. Maybe those entertainment lawyers he was talking about helped him with that, or maybe he's a good networker lol. Personally, I don't think he's signed yet. I'd love to be wrong, but either way I'm pretty happy that he almost immediately flew to LA to work, collaborate, create and all that jazz. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am

ShellBen wrote:
Hmmm...hard to say. I do wonder how he hooked up with these different people in LA. Maybe those entertainment lawyers he was talking about helped him with that, or maybe he's a good networker lol. Personally, I don't think he's signed yet. I'd love to be wrong, but either way I'm pretty happy that he almost immediately flew to LA to work, collaborate, create and all that jazz. Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_smile

Unfortunately I have to agree with you Shellben. Hope we are both wrong but if not I still think he will be successful and eventually signed.

Maybe he is putting a demo together to show the label or labels that are interested in him what his sound is and what type of artist he wants to be. I have always thought he has been offered a deal but for whatever reason Matt hasn't been happy with the contract so hasn't signed. He has stated that he is looking for the right deal. I suspect that it has to do with artistic control. So I am still very hopeful!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:02 am

I also think is tough to tell, but I still believe there's something going on behind the scenes!
We all know Matt is very sociable and all but I doubt he came up with these songwriters sessions by himself.

I really think the "important people" who went to see him are setting all these writing sessions. I mean he flew to LA pretty soon after the Idol tour (which I am so happy about!) whereas Anoop and MIchael are still on their hometowns and have not tweeted about doing sessions and such.

So I still totally think that Matt will get signed pretty soon!
I can't believe he is doing all this work in LA just to shop demos around.. I think there's something cooking and we just don't know it YET. The time will come! I can feel it! Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:32 am

mattyg93 wrote:
I also think is tough to tell, but I still believe there's something going on behind the scenes!
We all know Matt is very sociable and all but I doubt he came up with these songwriters sessions by himself.

I really think the "important people" who went to see him are setting all these writing sessions. I mean he flew to LA pretty soon after the Idol tour (which I am so happy about!) whereas Anoop and MIchael are still on their hometowns and have not tweeted about doing sessions and such.

So I still totally think that Matt will get signed pretty soon!
I can't believe he is doing all this work in LA just to shop demos around.. I think there's something cooking and we just don't know it YET. The time will come! I can feel it! Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! Icon_cheers

As far as there being behind the scenes stuff going on...who knows. There's obviously stuff that Matt isn't sharing with everybody cause these writing sessions came out of nowhere. So yeah, there could be more that he's not sharing. But I also don't think there's anything suspicious about him flying to LA and working with different people just for demos. Matt has said since the beginning that he's prepared to work really hard and all this could be just him doing his thing. I gotta say, right now I'm really not worried about him. I think it's great that he's writing with someone whose songs have gotten a crapload of TV spots. It makes me feel more confident that he's writing some quality stuff and not just generic R&B/Pop songs, heh.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 12:54 am

Here is her myspace page with some more music
http://www.myspace.com/michellefeatherstone
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:51 am

Thank you for the googling. Sounds like a perfect co-worker for Matt!
I believe that there is a great demo under way. Could it be for a specific label?Or to show round..
I´m so glad Matt is there working and things are happening.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 11:52 am

cranberry wrote:
Thank you for the googling. Sounds like a perfect co-worker for Matt!
I believe that there is a great demo under way. Could it be for a specific label?Or to show round..
I´m so glad Matt is there working and things are happening.

I couldn't have said it more perfect Cranberry! Ditto! Smile
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 2:17 pm

Ok, I might get long here...but here are just my personal thoughts on this.

I agree with everyone else that Matt has a specific label interested (the ones who went to see him on tour) and perhaps they told Matt that they would like to hear a demo of a couple original songs to get a better idea of who he is as an artist and what direction he would like to go.

So, Matt set out to find the best writers in LA that he could work with and record. I believe Matt probably had some original song ideas already written out...and these writing sessions are set up to guide him in the right direction with those thoughts and words.

This is just my theory of course. But it makes sense. This is the sort of direction that Jason Castro took - although he didn't have a specific label looking at him on tour, he began attending writing sessions "way before he was signed."

This is a normal routine in the music business and nothing anyone should be disappointed in. I know we just want to see Matt signed - but if we look at it realistically, it does make sense because of who Matt is as an artist.

Kris was signed because he won AI (and perhaps would be in the same position as Matt if he hadn't won). Adam was signed because of his entertainment value and he can put on a good "show." Allison had original music out on YouTube for Idol producers to see, and she's young with an ability to be molded. Danny admits writing is not his thing, so he goes country where there are great writers willing to write FOR you.

This leaves Matt, who as an artist would be very successful putting out original tunes and making good, heartfelt music...(via The Fray, Gavin, even Elton John). They wanna hear his originals. Of course, he had original music already out - those two earlier albums - but Matt has made it clear that he feels passionate about a new direction in music and those older albums don't showcase that well enough for the interested label.

I think once the label gets ahold of this "demo" it won't be long before he's signed. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Way to go with the research! Lol! I'm seriously diggin' this collabo. Loved everything I've listened to so far from Michelle.

It does sound like Matt is using a bit of exposure and access that he gained by doing AI to, in part, make a really great demo that clearly defines the direction he wants to go in and what he can do as an artist.

Whether said demo is at the request of a specific label or just a general
demo to shop around, it's absolutely a good and necessary thing for him to have. It's smart of him to be getting it done quickly and I think it is a good sign of what might be in the works.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 6:06 pm

Got to say I agree with everyone here. It looks like Matt has done his homework and knows what he needs to do to be successful. Whether or not a major label is helping him pull these writing/recording sessions together, once they hear what he can do there are gonna be several major labels coming after him ready to give him anything he wants cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!   Let the stalking begin or at least the googling! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let the stalking begin or at least the googling!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next