Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Allison Iraheta Single!!

Go down 
+4
Janizzle
hazuki
Giraudian#202
Lana
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Allison Iraheta Single!! Empty
PostSubject: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:39 pm

Allison debuted a snippet of her brand new single today: FRIDAY I'LL BE OVER YOU And it sounds awesome!!! Monday is when we get to hear the whole thing and I have never been so excited for the end of the weekend in my life!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?myigxwzz4jz

Allison Iraheta Single!! 05_allison_iraheta
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 10:11 pm

I love it! This girl is seriously freaking talented, I can't wait for her album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 03, 2009 12:59 am

I think Matt promised Slezak do a single of her first single, so this should be interesting! Can't wait to hear the single though!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:46 pm

The youtube...

Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 8:57 pm

Hmm....it doesn't sound as hard/edgy as I'd imagined....I don't know, it was poor audio lol. I'm sure I'll be impressed when I hear the rest.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:18 am

Janizzle wrote:
Hmm....it doesn't sound as hard/edgy as I'd imagined....I don't know, it was poor audio lol. I'm sure I'll be impressed when I hear the rest.

To be honest (and this is the ONLY time anyone will hear me admit this) I kinda don't like this very much study WHAT?

No but I completely fell in love with her gritier/edgy voice and this just feels very processed and avrilish. IDK cause it's only a few seconds of phone quality and I'm hoping that the full version is better. But I fear that it'll be a while before I get to hear the Allison that I loved from the show and tour Crying or Very sad

She's still AWESOME though and there is a chance that I will totally love the full version!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 9:56 am

http://www.popeater.com/2009/10/05/exclusive-allison-irahetas-friday-ill-be-over-u-premiere/#

YAY!!! GO ALLISON!

Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:05 pm

I'm having trouble forming an opinion on this one. Am I the only one who hears The Cure in this? Hehe. Allison sounds vaguely European to me. It's very anthemic, very Avril-esque, but less poppy than Avril. It's got more electric guitar than is to my liking, and they kind of electronified her voice. Why? Allison doesn't need all that. Again, I'm not forming a clear opinion on this one. I guess I can see what they are aiming for, and it's a younger audience than me! That's okay, because I'm sure it will go over well. As long as the other tracks on her album are more gritty, retro rocker Allison that I'm accustomed to, I'll probably buy it. This single? Jury's still out.....
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:47 pm

I can't make out all the lyrics...but sounds like some "cheese" is involved. Hah. But I guess that comes with the audience. Cool

Anyway, I am usually not a fan of "synthesizers," but in parts I really like it. I like when the music dies down a bit and its just Allison's voice with the synthesizer in the background. Kinda cool sounding. Allison has always reminded me of a young "Pink." So I think so far, she is heading in the right direction. She still is only 17 years old...so its important that she puts out music to represent her age and audience.

Also, did anyone else see that Allison said she didn't have a chance to show who she really was on Idol - but THIS is who she really is. So, if she's happy with it...then I'm happy for her. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:48 pm

I REALLY want to like this. You guys don't know how much. I've listened to it like 15 times today thinking maybe It'll grow on me, but it's gotten WORSE!

I LOVE allison, I LOVED what she did on idol and the tour, more mature and edgy. I liked that alot. This just feels too young for me. I can't get into this. I understand that her core target is younger crowds, but allison is 2 years younger than me, and I feel OLD when I listen to this. And I feel like her rocker girl tone has been smoothed out a bit til it could be Miley Cyrus (UGH!) for all I know.

But it's definitely catchy and I think she'll do very well for herself with this. It also has some cool electric guitar stuff in it that I like. But I'm not putting this on my I-pod. Sorry Allison. Still holding out hope for the whole CD Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 1:54 pm

Lana wrote:
I REALLY want to like this. You guys don't know how much. I've listened to it like 15 times today thinking maybe It'll grow on me, but it's gotten WORSE!

I LOVE allison, I LOVED what she did on idol and the tour, more mature and edgy. I liked that alot. This just feels too young for me. I can't get into this. I understand that her core target is younger crowds, but allison is 2 years younger than me, and I feel OLD when I listen to this. And I feel like her rocker girl tone has been smoothed out a bit til it could be Miley Cyrus (UGH!) for all I know.

But it's definitely catchy and I think she'll do very well for herself with this. It also has some cool electric guitar stuff in it that I like. But I'm not putting this on my I-pod. Sorry Allison. Still holding out hope for the whole CD Very Happy

Aw Lana, I feel bad for you! What happened to your Allison-themed avatar and signature? I haven't heard the whole song but it sounds like it's pretty bad Sad....well maybe not bad but not what we expected. That's a shame, that girl was singing her face off in concert...they need to do her justice.

Anyone know the liner notes on this single? Is this the song Dannyboy worked on??
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 pm

aww thanks Janizzle. LOL yeah I changed my avatar to Matt cause I wasn't in an Allison kind of mood anymore. My sig is still Allison though, I just haven't figured out how to make it show up yet lol!

I guess I should have expected this as a first single now that I think about it. Allison is very young, and they won't shoot her out of the gate with some nice heavy rock and grown-up lyrics. I imagine "friday I'll be over U" is as good as it's gonna get as far as lyrics. I am hoping that they build her up to a more rocker style though (which I guess is the plan). I don't think her entire album will be this bad, but the first single has to appeal to all types, and reach out to her younger fans so I can live with this even if I won't be listening to it.

And I believe this is a Max Martin penned song.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:43 pm

Awwww man. I wanted to like it Lana, I really do but this is NOT working for me. IT certainly is not what I was expecting from Allison. I wanted something grittier and with more depth than this but I guess she is still is 17 and this song suits her well.
I dunno.. I hope it does well, but I am having my doubts. I don't think I will be buying this song sorry. Allison Iraheta Single!! Kopfschuettel

Allison is a million times better than that song! JMHO
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:00 pm

See, this is the problem with having these writers and producers like Max Martin or Ryan Tedder do songs for the Idols. On the surface, it seems like a dream come true, but when you realize that the songs you've been so anxiously awaiting sound just like everything else on the radio (that Max Martin and Ryan Tedder are dominating currently!), then major let-down sets in. Plus, it only unscores the fact that they are coming from a pop TV show when their music is so blatantly poppy. I know that's the point, but it kind of makes you NOT want to vote for the contestants you like the best, because they could end up genericized and completely unlike who you fell in love with after 19/Sony puts them through their paces. Gotta say, I had been a little hurt up until now that 19 rebuffed Matt, but after reading the reception of Kris' single, and now Allison's, I am actually thankful that Matt isn't in this scenario. Maybe he won't be a pop icon, but he'll make music that HE likes and can be proud of, and that I can actually bear to listen to! And, is anyone else terrified for the day that Adam's single drops? If the outcome is anywhere near what it's been for the Idols thus far, I fear some major unhappiness from the Glamberts. It could be apocalyptic.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 6:36 pm

Whew, I'm glad you're not lovin this Lana, because I was afraid to say anything before. I too am a big Allison fan - even hoped for a Matt/Allison finale. I really don't like this single though. To be honest, I'm not sure I can really critique it though because I don't like synthesized pop, so I guess I'm not the best judge of whether this is good synthesized pop or not. I love rocker Allison and hope we'll hear that side of her in some of her other songs.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:35 am

Full song:

Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 11:21 am

Ok so someone found this new song that Allison supposedly recorded but they're not sure if it will make the album. The song is SO allison, much more so than her current single. The lyrics are somewhat dark and the song is very moody but it's something that allison would kill. I'm kinda mixed on this being on the record. On the one hand I know that this is more allison's style and can show off the distinctive vocals that we're missing now. On the other hand the lyrics are just so damn emo and doesn't fit allison's personality. IDk about this one, but I really like the song:

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allison Iraheta Single!!   Allison Iraheta Single!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Allison Iraheta Single!!
Page 1 of 1