Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Matt Giraud Appreciation

Go down 
+7
Lisa_M
Cacity87
Giraudian#202
lumma
macigirl
mattyfan
Lana
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Matt Giraud Appreciation Empty
PostSubject: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 3:41 pm

So this is inspired by ONTD_AI. They have these frequent appreciation posts for the idols, and they are always so much fun and interesting- it's always good to see why other people appreciate the same person you love. So I've decided to bring that idea over here. If anyone wants to do this bring your stories of meeting Matt or when you fell in love with him WHY you fell in love with him, your journey from the show til now, how he inspires you, why you appreciate him, your favorite pics or videos, fan tributes, WHATEVER! Let's show our appreciation to this AMAZING, SEXY, TALENTED, CHARISMATIC, AWESOME MAN!

Matt Giraud Appreciation Matt-giraud-part-time-lover

Matt Giraud Appreciation 2b91d403fefc99e03c7a
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Ok well, I guess I'll get it started. My story on falling for Matt PT 1 (videos and pics are included):

I was a freshmen in College when I first heard Matt. My roommate had a TV (which I was grateful for because I couldn't fit my TV in the moving car). One night I was in the dorm "studying" and I saw that she was watching AI. didn't really care for the show, it wasn't really my thing. But she seemed into it and it was her TV (there is free cable in our room so I was kinda upset that we were not watching a cable show) so I couldn't really say anything. ANYWAYS nothing about it impressed me AT ALL and I was kinda annoyed because it meant that I would actually be studying that night. Then ONE FREAKING NOTE from Matt and he had my complete attention. My thought process went something like: wow who is this...He's kinda cute...Goodness that voice...MY GOD HE SOUNDS AMAZING...He is really cute...aww he's so CUTE! So I asked my friend who he was and she didn't know ( Rolling Eyes ) but they showed him in the room with the others and I caught his name (Matt Geraud lol! ) and all I could think was I hope this guy makes it and he did! Long story short couldn't get him out of my head, and became a tentative fan from there on...

Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 4:49 pm

It's fun to go down memory lane... I remember seeing Matt sing Georgia on American Idol. Instantly, he caught my interest! I took note of him as THE guy I need to watch our for. I have this thing for piano-playing guys... Then he did Viva la Vida on the semi-finals. I was excited when I heard he'd sing that song, coz although he killed the blues on Georgia, pop/rock is what I listen to. I thought he did well on the song and I actually liked it! I was flabbergasted at how much the judges bashed it. Talk about herd mentailty, uggh. I was confident though that Matt would make it through as a Wildcard. No way he wouldn't get into the Finals!

Matt's Human Nature performance sealed the deal for me. I was hooked. No way I could turn back after such a mesmerizing, dreamy performance. EVERYTHING worked on that one. His voice, the piano playing, the outfit. Oh so manly sexy! What more can I say....
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 5:48 pm

I loved Matt from his audition on and I remember vividly when I became crazy obsessed with Matt and realized I might have a problem. Embarassed I was watching the Ford commercial Freezeframe during the top 7 week. I kept rewinding his small part when he was bopping on the street. It lasted about 3 seconds and I couldn't stop watching it. I did it in slo-mo, stopped it and stared and did it at regular speed. I was telling myself to stop it and catch up to the live show. I couldn't stop! I remember feeling a little crazy and I was shocked at myself. I watched that commercial over and over for months until my DVR ate it. That was the first step onto the slippery slope of crazed obsessed Matt Giraud fan. I love you

Last edited by macigirl on Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 6:20 pm

macigirl wrote:
I loved Matt from his audition on and I remember vividly when I became crazy obsessed with Matt and realized I might have a problem. Embarassed I was watching the Ford commercial Freezeframe during the top 7 week. I kept rewinding his small part when he was bopping on the street. It lasted about 3 seconds and I couldn't stop watching it. I did it in slo-mo, stopped it and stared and did it at regular speed. I was telling myself to stop it and catch up to the live show. I couldn't stop! I remember feeling a little crazy and I was shocked at myself. I watched that commercial over and over for months until my DVR ate it. That was the first step onto the slippery slope of crazed obsessed Matt Giraud fan. I love you

http://matt-giraud.net/multimedia/videos/top%207/top%207%20-%20ford.zip

Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 8:44 pm

Thank you, Lana!! Hadn't watched it in awhile. It's bringing back sweet memories of my early obsession when Matt and I were so innocent. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Matt Giraud Appreciation 27002210

The moment my obssession started.
Surely, he was my pick for the winner this year since Georgia on my mind and also became my absolute favorite during first two weeks. But I never realized that I loved him so much until I saw him in B2. The thought of not seeing him again scared the heck out of me... So I ran to the AI boards the next day haha.
Really the best parts of AI for me are always auditions and hollywood weeks. Then I kind of lose interest as I go, so I never followed a whole season through to the end, not to mention tour and post idol. But what can I say, Matt Giraud is that special.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 pm

Aww Lumma, I think that was one of those moments that worked towards really convincing me how big of a fan I was. My heart was racing that night, and I was so sad for Matt (he seemed so scared and upset). But yeah, I agree that I was definitely all in at this point Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 11:13 pm

I also appreciate Matt and Jessica I love you

Matt Giraud Appreciation Matt_a11

Matt Giraud Appreciation Matty_10

Matt Giraud Appreciation Cuddle10

Matt Giraud Appreciation Goofy_10

YAY MATTISCA!!
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:12 am

Man, where do I start. I remember him auditioning and I though, "This guy's cool. He's a great singer and kicks ass on the piano". Not really obsessing just yet. Then I saw him sing "Georgia" during Hollywood week, and I was like, "Damn! He's amazing! I love him!". Then he made to the top 36 and I was like, yay! I was mad when he got voted off, but then so excited when he got picked for Wild Card! When I heard him sing "Who's Loving You".......I was done Matt Giraud Appreciation Thud

And I've been in love ever since I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 12:51 pm

First of all, LANA - great thread! And WHERE did you get those pictures of Matt and Jessica?! Haha, love them! I love you

Matt Giraud Appreciation Pictur11

Ok, I am going to have to simplify my story here. But, this season I did a very bad thing...I READ SPOILERS on Joesplaceblog!! Ahhh! Haha, ok. So maybe that's not a terribly, horrible thing, but I've never done it before...and I wasn't planning on taking this season serious anyway (b/c I thought my Castro devotion in Season 7 could never be topped, umm... Suspect yeah, about that. haha). So I knew the entire Top 36 before the first audition aired. I found this helpful for me, since "I wasn't really taking the show seriously" I could ignore all the other auditions except the ones that I knew were going to go far. That was my plan.

Then, Matt's audition aired. I knew he made top 36...and after I heard him sing BOY was I happy! He just had so much PASSION when he spoke. I felt like he really enjoyed music and just the way he said, "I have it in me, I just need to be seen." His words really touched me. I wrote his name down and he became my favorite. After his episode ended, I scooped him out and actually found all of Matt's pre-Idol CD's, his facebook, his myspace, (HAHA!) and added him. You know, completely non-stalkerish normal stuff. Cool

Then in Hollywood, his "White Chocolate" group and "Georgia" performances made me confirm one thing in my mind: HE WOULD WIN. I felt he was the best performer on that stage...and I wanted the whole world to know it! Haha, so I immediately joined "The Giraudians" on IDF and "The Giraud Squad" on the AI boards. And I'm pretty sure I made a few people upset on IDF, because of how insistent I was that Matt Giraud was the most talented contestant of the entire group! Whoops. From there the rest is history...I've met so many wonderful people and fans through this (BellaRoseKent, I'm looking at you!) Wink

So my plan to "not take this season serious" was completely torn upside down and ripped into shreads...as this has become my most-invested season since I began watching Idol in 2002. All because of Matt Giraud - I'm just thankful for being a part of his journey and feeling as though I've had some sort of (small) impact on his career. It's true that everyone here played a part in getting him to where he is on that stage (except if you believe in Idol conspiracy theories, haha). Our votes and encouraging messages and all those posts on forums (hey! he reads, he knows, he pleases Wink ), I choose to believe they made a difference...and are still making an impact on Matt, even today. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 5:15 pm

Ok..I'm gonna kinda cheat and copy part of what I wrote when I originally joined this site back in May..I pretty much don't have a whole lot to add because I still feel the exact same way (if not more!!). I can't even really tell you for sure the "exact" moment that I fell head over heels for Matt cuz i think its been a gradual thing that has culminated into an absolute PASSION for the man, his piano playing, his singing, his adorable personality, his HOTNESS..just EVERYTHING... I REALLY liked him from the beginning but as time went on I just grew to love him more and more every day, every hour, every min..hahaha... Razz

below is from my original May post..........

I have never joined a forum or ever been moved to follow the career of any star/singer like I have Matt G! Look at the affect he has had on all of us thus far. I think everyone knows he SO has that "IT" factor!! I feel like he is a mini Elvis..hehe..of this generation with his Charsima, good looks, charm and acourse his Beautiful soulful voice, soft and raspy, bluesy sound, his singing touches everyones Heart and Soul! And THAT is what music is all about! I have listened to his songs now a million times and I can honestly say that it makes me feel so good and warm inside EVERY time. To top it off he is just SO adorable, HOT and sexy rolled into one!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I apologize to those who've heard this story before but here is goes again.

I had watched American Idol every season but was never a fanatic about it. its always a topic of conversation at work and one of the women I work with casually mentioned that one of her friends from high school is going to be on American Idol and to watch out for him. So, I was looking for this guy from Ypsilanti, MI but didn't see him. However, I saw this guys from Kalamazoo, MI talking about his passion for music. I distinctly remember him hitting his chest and saying "I feel like I have it in me, but I gotta get seen". He then looked so nervous before saying "This is BIG, This is BIG". He just got to me at that point. I could feel his passion for music and I remember thinking to myself, "Please be good!". I then recall how nervous he looked during his audition and how excited he got when he realized he was going through to Hollywood (I completely missed the 'grab'). The next day, we're talking about AI and my friend at work asked me if I saw her buddy Matt. I said no, but in the same breath I said "But that guy from Kalamazoo is really good". She started laughing at me saying that Matt was her friend and that the reason they list him as being from Kzoo is because he went to Western and lives there now.

That was the beginning. Every week I saw a guy who absolutely poured himself into music and the piano, and one who cared so deeply that at times he was truly hurt (not to mention befuddled) on the rare occasion when he didn't excel or didn't get praised by the judges. I didn't understand all those who proclaimed him arrogant - all I saw is someone who cared so deeply that it hurt. My friend did say repeatedly that Matt was a jokester and goof and that none of that was coming through on TV so I was thrilled to see the Slezak interview where, finally, after he was voted off, people got to see some of the Matt the rest of us came to appreciate.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 10:46 pm

Love your story, sgr! I had never heard it before, so it was cool to read! Smile

Love this thread. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:34 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I apologize to those who've heard this story before but here is goes again.

I had watched American Idol every season but was never a fanatic about it. its always a topic of conversation at work and one of the women I work with casually mentioned that one of her friends from high school is going to be on American Idol and to watch out for him. So, I was looking for this guy from Ypsilanti, MI but didn't see him. However, I saw this guys from Kalamazoo, MI talking about his passion for music. I distinctly remember him hitting his chest and saying "I feel like I have it in me, but I gotta get seen". He then looked so nervous before saying "This is BIG, This is BIG". He just got to me at that point. I could feel his passion for music and I remember thinking to myself, "Please be good!". I then recall how nervous he looked during his audition and how excited he got when he realized he was going through to Hollywood (I completely missed the 'grab'). The next day, we're talking about AI and my friend at work asked me if I saw her buddy Matt. I said no, but in the same breath I said "But that guy from Kalamazoo is really good". She started laughing at me saying that Matt was her friend and that the reason they list him as being from Kzoo is because he went to Western and lives there now.

That was the beginning. Every week I saw a guy who absolutely poured himself into music and the piano, and one who cared so deeply that at times he was truly hurt (not to mention befuddled) on the rare occasion when he didn't excel or didn't get praised by the judges. I didn't understand all those who proclaimed him arrogant - all I saw is someone who cared so deeply that it hurt. My friend did say repeatedly that Matt was a jokester and goof and that none of that was coming through on TV so I was thrilled to see the Slezak interview where, finally, after he was voted off, people got to see some of the Matt the rest of us came to appreciate.

Don't apologize - I liked reading it!!!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:52 am

Keeping it short;
I love his voice and how he plays the piano! His passion for music is so real and rare. His kind nature and sense of humor are lovely. And he is very charming in every way. Totally a superstar for me. Smile

(If I´m honest it was the Grab that made me a hardcore fan. Laughing )
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:13 pm

I have appreciated Mr. Matt G since Hollywood. I hate to say it, but he didn't get my attention at auditions but my eyes shot wide open when he sang "Georgia On My Mind" and "I Want You Back" with White Chocolate. Shocked After that, I kept singing his praises at work each week. Our school is a huge AI watching school and there were only 3 of us supporting Matt. It was a lonely time back then. Each week , as Matt showed more of his musical range and skills as a pianist, I grew more appreciative of the talented performer he is.

I have Never followed ANY singer (Idol or otherwise) like I have Matt G. (not in a stalkerish way!) Never joined a fan group or forum. (Well, I did join the David Cassidy Fan Club when I was 12! Razz ) Never have I bought a ticket to go to a concert 2000 miles away in the middle of winter! (I HATE AIRPORTS AND FLYING!) But I have now to continue seeing Matt perform and to meet all the wonderful people I have met here. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for him, and us- his fans! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 11:38 am

graciecat wrote:
I have appreciated Mr. Matt G since Hollywood. I hate to say it, but he didn't get my attention at auditions but my eyes shot wide open when he sang "Georgia On My Mind" and "I Want You Back" with White Chocolate. Shocked After that, I kept singing his praises at work each week. Our school is a huge AI watching school and there were only 3 of us supporting Matt. It was a lonely time back then. Each week , as Matt showed more of his musical range and skills as a pianist, I grew more appreciative of the talented performer he is.

I have Never followed ANY singer (Idol or otherwise) like I have Matt G. (not in a stalkerish way!) Never joined a fan group or forum. (Well, I did join the David Cassidy Fan Club when I was 12! Razz ) Never have I bought a ticket to go to a concert 2000 miles away in the middle of winter! (I HATE AIRPORTS AND FLYING!) But I have now to continue seeing Matt perform and to meet all the wonderful people I have met here. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for him, and us- his fans! Very Happy

Awww Graciecat....the things we do for our Matty G. huh!?? I know exactly how you feel about airports and flying..I absolutely HATE to fly and only do it when I have NO OTHER Choice!! So I can appreciate your flying 2000 miles to see him and meet everyone!! I can't wait to meet you and you are able to share in our mutual LOVE for Matt!! It really is a wonderful experience! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Matt Giraud Appreciation   Matt Giraud Appreciation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Giraud Appreciation
Page 1 of 1