Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

yay news tomorrow!!!

Go down 
+9
OvenMitt
Lana
mattyg93
hazuki
Giraudian#202
Cindyy
cranberry
Cacity87
Jenna
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:56 am

OMG he might be going down to Nashville to record a duet with another artist for their CD!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:19 am

John Mayer's bass player recorded on one of Matt's tracks!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:20 am

Ahhh! Tell me more! Only got little peeks of Twitter updates from friends!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:08 am

Janizzle wrote:
Ahhh! Tell me more! Only got little peeks of Twitter updates from friends!

The second interview was terrible. Mostly DJ's talking. Someone on twitter said Matt stated that 19Evil is still his management for booking shows. Not sure about that because I missed 30 minutes of the interview. Had to take my son to school. You will be able to listen on the podcast later. Matt broke out in song throughout the interview. I heard he sang a little snipit of Let's Get It On but damnit I missed that too!

The second interview the female DJ is totally in love Matt. Apparently she met Matt downstairs and Matt carried her up to the station on his back.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:01 am

The podcasts are up: http://www.1053hotfm.com/Article.asp?id=1538628&spid=22189
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:11 pm

OK so I missed both interviews this morning but from what I was able to gather from twitter, Mjs, and ONTD_AI the second interview sucked ass and was useless. But the first one was great, funny, cute and very informative.

1. Matt talked about the Nov. show and he will be playing some original music that he wrote in LA.

2. He apparently made a hint about being Managed by 19 ( cheers ) though I am confused about whether he is managed by 19M or is he managed by 19E? Is there a difference? Someone said (on Mjs) that he may be managed by 19E and they are marketing him to try and build on his fanbase before taking the chance on signing him. I think that they just decided not to sign him, but Fuller believes in him (or believes in his potential to make money) and so he decided to manage Matt.

3. He will be going to nashville to record with "someone" for their album. This sounds very promising.

4. Fuller is the one who booked Matt for the Napa show <---- It's good to see fuller helping get matt out there and allowing him to make good contacts. Matt seemed particularly happy after this event and the contacts he made there could be the reason he is going to nashville to work with someone on their album.

5. Matt was his usual funny, charming self. And though the second interview was bad, the first one was full of win!

Tommy and Brook put up some podcast of the interview but not the whole thing. I'm hoping that they put up more, or that someone over at ONTD_AI recorded the whole thing and will have a link so that I can listen for myself.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 3:23 pm

Thanks so much Lana for that informative recap!
I am glad Matt is being pro active about his career. Even though he is NOT signed yet.. Sigh. I guess this confirms it. I was still hoping there would be something in the horizon...

Anyone knows if he gave some kind of hint regarding label talks?
IT's certainly mind boggling to me that still no one is interested. Really. What are these labels smoking?? Still... deep inside I know it will happen sooner or later in Matt's career.

I am also happy he is keeping himself out there and I appreciate Simon Fuller trying to help him. MAybe they still see some potential in Matt and are trying to keep and cultivate his fan base.
Hopefully by the end of the road it will work for him and he will eventually get signed.
Can't wait for the November concert videos! Please Jenna I hope you record everything! All of us who can't go will be dying to watch and lsiten the new songs! yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 4:02 pm

Both sites (Jenna posted earlier) has up podcasts of the interviews with Matt that you can listen to Mattyg.
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 10:50 pm

I don't know what to make of Simon Fuller and 19? Are they actually trying to help Matt by managing his concerts (I read in MJ that Matt said people should contact 19 to arrange his gigs) or are they shutting down all possibilities of record deal with other lables by still claiming him under their wings?
Thinking back, it could have been 19 that hooked Daniel James and Matt up too. How else did he end up with Allison's songwriter out of all ...
Quote :
Finishing@immattgiraud mix.. Sounding killer. Got @alisonforrealzz mix back. Sounds huge! Writing with kara Dioguardi Tom! Crazy idol month!
One of Daniel's latest tweets. Maybe 19 is not only managing the concerts but IS managing recording, is what I'm thinking. Still too many connections with 19 to completely abandon the idea of them ultimately signing Matt. I would never think Simon Fuller and 19 evil would invest a single dollar let alone manage Matt's shows and hook him up with the people in industry if they don't have specific purpose of getting profit out of Matt. So, sign him already or let him go!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:39 pm

Quote :

One of Daniel's latest tweets. Maybe 19 is not
only managing the concerts but IS managing recording, is what I'm
thinking. Still too many connections with 19 to completely abandon the
idea of them ultimately signing Matt. I would never think Simon Fuller
and 19 evil would invest a single dollar let alone manage Matt's shows
and hook him up with the people in industry if they don't have specific
purpose of getting profit out of Matt. So, sign him already or let him
go!

Wow.. This is quite interesting to me. If he indeed hinted that 19 was managing him, they may still be interested in signing him and are just testing the waters before making the big decision.
I just hope that did not stop other labels making offers to Matt earlier. But...who knows really?

But I mean if Simon Fuller helped him with this Napa Valley gig they must see Matt's potential. I really hope that if they are truly interested in him that they sign him already! What is keeping them from acting faster? This is so confusing right now. yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 Icon_scratch

Also that tweet from that songwriter kind of proves that 19 hooked him up with all those songwriters in LA. I knew someone was behind all that. Heh.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 7:02 am

I wish there could be way to listen that interview as a whole!
Yay for the new music in November!
Managed by 19E? How common is that kind of deal?
Remember the entertainment lawyers,maybe this is what they were making then?
Maybe the fact that there are 3 albums from last seasons Idols coming out this year has something to do with the waiting with Matt. So they keep Matt under their contract,carrying intrest?
I can´t hate them for giving Matt opportunities to impress new people
and writing music with their big names. Matt is making the most of those occasions.
And it´s not the worst case in the world to have Simon Fuller as a backer.
So I guess, nothing constructive from me.Have a nice Saturday!
If he is happy I´m happy!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:41 am

I really don't feel like 19E is still looking to sign Matt. I think that ship has unfortunaetly sailed. 19E won't wait this long to sign an AI artist and if the hadn't signed him by the end of the tour I don't think they will be signing him. 19E doesn't like to sit on their heels too long to get the ball rolling and to get their artists recording, so the chances of them signing Matt are slim to none.

I think Fuller REALLY likes Matt, and is either helping Matt as a friend, or more likely have decided to manage him. Perhaps when Matt mentioned talking with 19 during the tour they were discussing managing him, and not signing him which was why we were getting conflicting messages. At one point he would mention talking to 19, and in the next breath say that he may have to go independant. (however at the end of the tour it seemed like it was happening so I still have faith that a different label has their eye on Matt).

We'll see. I don't think an announcment is that far off for us so...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 11:59 am

Quote :
We'll see. I don't think an announcment is that far off for us so..

I know Lana. I feel that way too. Matt WILL get signed sooner or later. Let's just hope is sooner. He just tweeted the blonde girl from EW to not worry that he had a lot going on.. so hopefully that means that a label is indeed interested.. Why would you hook up Matt with well known songwriters if you don't have even a slight interest in signing him.
It will happen soon! I know it! yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 Icon_sunny
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Simon fuller helping Matt is cool whatever the reason behind is, I'm just hoping Matt still being involved with 19 is not the reason of him not singed with other lables.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 3:33 pm

lumma wrote:
Simon fuller helping Matt is cool whatever the reason behind is, I'm just hoping Matt still being involved with 19 is not the reason of him not singed with other lables.

Maybe it has something to do with payback for the finale???
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:21 pm

Wow. I know I'm a little tardy for this topic, but I was gone all weekend and just found out about all of this!

So, 19 is managing Matt, huh? I guess this answers my question about them managing unsigned artists. I gotta say, as much as I can't stand the way 19/Sony does their music business and has treated their artists in the past, I honestly think this is a good thing for Matt. I mean, it's affording him lots of opportunities, and to me it shows immense good faith in Matt and his talent for them to be keeping him on. They could have easily cut him loose to fend for himself, but perhaps they see his long-term potential and are trying to cultivate something for him. Such a switch from normal 19 tactics, which is to sign someone, crappily or fail to promote them, and drop them when they don't meet the standards. Could it be that they are taking a new approach?

As for whether or not he'll be signed by 19/Sony, I definitely think it's within the realm of possibility. I would bet that one of the reasons 19 is managing Matt is because another label made him an offer. An offer good enough to make 19 not want to give him up. We know they love the idea of a good cash cow! Yeah, as much of a love/hate (mostly hate) feeling I harbor towards 19, if they are helping further Matt's career and getting him one step closer to that debut album, I say go for it Giraud!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:35 pm

Tweet from someone who apparently was there for the Napa show:

Quote :
pweekly @ImMattGiraud: Epic set in Napa at the Oakville Sessions this weekend brother! The whole town is still buzzing...

Looks like Matt made quite the impression on alot of people! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: yay news tomorrow!!!   yay news tomorrow!!! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yay news tomorrow!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2