Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list

Go down 
+4
OvenMitt
2kids3dogs
mattyg93
Jenna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list Empty
PostSubject: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Quote :
Digital Downloads
– 4 ALLEN*KRIS NO BOUNDARIES 134458 999 0 134458
– 5 ALLEN*KRIS HEARTLESS 125344 999 0 125344
– 7 LAMBERT*ADAM MAD WORLD 114763 999 0 114763
– 10 COOK*DAVID PERMANENT 102595 999 308 126905
– 17 ALLEN*KRIS AIN’T NO SUNSHINE 72080 999 0 72080
24 30 CLARKSON*KELLY I DO NOT HOOK UP 50633 -9 55729 285499
– 32 LAMBERT*ADAM CHANGE IS GONNA COME 48068 999 0 48068
– 38 ALLEN*KRIS APOLOGIZE (AMERICAN IDOL STUDI 40173 999 0 40173
– 43 LAMBERT*ADAM NO BOUNDARIES 35984 999 0 35984
14 46 DAUGHTRY NO SURPRISE 33684 -51 68774 206051
116 49 UNDERWOOD*CARRIE HOME SWEET HOME 32812 184 11571 287846
– 57 LAMBERT*ADAM ONE (AMERICAN IDOL STUDIO VERS 30851 999 0 30851
– 72 ALLEN*KRIS FALLING SLOWLY (AMERICAN IDOL 27087 999 0 27087
– 75 LAMBERT*ADAM CRYIN’ (AMERICAN IDOL STUDIO V 24580 999 0 24580
– 84 IRAHETA*ALLISON/LAMBERT*ADAM SLOW RIDE (AMERICAN IDOL STUDI 21742 999 0 21742
– 87 ALLEN*KRIS WHAT’S GOING ON (AMERICAN IDOL 21060 999 0 21060
115 90 COOK*DAVID COME BACK TO ME 19188 65 11607 147449
– 94 ALLEN*KRIS TO MAKE YOU FEEL MY LOVE (AMER 18525 999 0 18525
– 102 LAMBERT*ADAM THE TRACKS OF MY TEARS (AMERIC 17130 999 0 17130
– 107 LAMBERT*ADAM FEELING GOOD (AMERICAN IDOL ST 16178 999 0 16178
– 110 GOKEY*DANNY YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL (AMERICAN 15297 999 0 15297
– 112 LAMBERT*ADAM RING OF FIRE 14970 999 0 14970
– 113 LAMBERT*ADAM WHOLE LOTTA LOVE 14454 999 0 14454
– 141 LAMBERT*ADAM BLACK OR WHITE 11261 999 0 11261
– 145 LAMBERT*ADAM IF I CAN’T HAVE YOU (AMERICAN 11151 999 0 11151
– 147 ALLEN*KRIS THE WAY YOU LOOK TONIGHT (AMER 10884 999 0 10884
– 148 ALLEN*KRIS/GOKEY*DANNY RENEGADE (AMERICAN IDOL STUDIO 10826 999 0 10826
– 155 LAMBERT*ADAM BORN TO BE WILD (AMERICAN IDOL 10450 999 0 10450
– 172 ALLEN*KRIS COME TOGETHER (AMERICAN IDOL S 9839 999 0 9839
– 174 GOKEY*DANNY WHAT HURTS THE MOST (AMERICAN 9680 999 0 9680
– 176 COOK*DAVID LIGHT ON 9509 48 6423 934469
– 186 LAMBERT*ADAM PLAY THAT FUNKY MUSIC (AMERICA 9072 999 0 9072
– 190 IRAHETA*ALLISON CRY BABY (AMERICAN IDOL STUDIO 8666 999 0 8666
– 191 ALLEN*KRIS SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY 8651 999 0 8651

Total Sold by Season 8 (out of the Top 200 - Duets not included):
Kris Allen: 468,101 (10 Songs) Top 100: 438,727 (7 songs)
Adam Lambert: 358,912 (13 songs) Top 100: 254,246 (5 songs)
Danny Gokey: 24,977 (2 songs)
Allison Iraheta: 8,666 (1 Songs)

This worries me. I wish we could see his numbers. I just don't understand the AI viewing audience at all!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow. He is NOT on the list? Really? That boggles my mind because his recordings are so awesome. Oh well. Remember Idol watchers buy mostly on their fanbase. So basically Matt had a lower sized fanbase than the Top 4. Even Allison just charted one song.

I just hope this does not deter record labels to sign him in the future.
I am praying he gets a contract still. I see Matt as someone who might have to start from scratch his career with a small fanbase but once he is out there and people outside the Idol audience hear his style and music he will keep gaining fans to sustain his music career.

Please record label people! Give Matt a chance.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:29 pm

This is making me mad. We need to pick a day and a song and tell everyone we know to buy it. I cannot believe Matt is not on there. What makes me even madder is that Michael and Megan's song is now available to purchase!

We can make this happen - it just takes organizing!

Let's do it!
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:31 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Wow. He is NOT on the list? Really? That boggles my mind because his recordings are so awesome. Oh well. Remember Idol watchers buy mostly on their fanbase. So basically Matt had a lower sized fanbase than the Top 4. Even Allison just charted one song.

I am praying he gets a contract still. I see Matt as someone who might have to start from scratch his career with a small fanbase but once he is out there and people outside the Idol audience hear his style and music he will keep gaining fans to sustain his music career.

This does not happen without showing numbers - how many people are buying his music. We need to get on the stick with this - we need to be buying up his music like there is no tomorrow - to quote Paula!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:34 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

That's what worries me. But I agree he needs to attract fans outside of AI. That is the problem with so many of the Idols that release music. They can't attract fans outside the AI viewing auduence and unfortunately there is only a very small percentage of the AI viewers who actually buy the Idol's CD's But on the same hand it is nice to have that initial bump in sales when an Idol releases their product. I think Matt has a good chance of attracting fans outside Idol but he needs to be given a chance. Hopefully there is a record label out there that sees Matt's massive potential
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:34 pm

Okay, I feel you on this one. And I'm not trying to make excuses for Matt. But look at the majority of those downloads. The two contestants with the largest fanbases, and the winner. Allison makes only two appearances on that list, one of which is a duet with Adam, the other her swan song. I agree that the American public has dubious taste (I mean, these are the folks that voted Ruben and Taylor as American Idols!), and that it's extremely frustrating that Matt's not on that list. I really think it's the runover from the excitement those contestants generated, not an accurate measure of the true quality of the recordings. Matt got really overshadowed by Adam and Danny's personalities and the buzz surrounding them. Allison and Matt, to me, have always been kind of neck and neck as far as public appeal. And I think both of them were grossly underestimated talent-wise. I'm not even going to attempt to figure out Kris' appeal: it's a week later, and I'm still waiting for someone to say "Gotcha! Adam really DID win! We were just screwing with you!".

I just keep reminding myself that AI is all about popularity in the moment, satiating fickle tastes and fads, and not necessarily about defining who is the best quality musician or singer. It's really hard to keep faith when you see lists like this, but it's about NOW, not about who will be around in five years or even one year. That's something that will take time to determine, but if anybody has what it takes to make it for the long haul, it's Matt!
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:36 pm

Also, since it is confirmed that Matt makes money on the iTunes sales, then this is helping his career! Let's show him support!

Last edited by 2kids3dogs on Wed May 27, 2009 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:36 pm

I agree let's get organized. I say if we pick a song it should either be So Small or You Found Me. Two recent hit songs and therefore recognizable. Not to mention they are amazing recordings.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:39 pm

Jenna wrote:
I agree let's get organized. I say if we pick a song it should either be So Small or You Found Me. Two recent hit songs and therefore recognizable. Not to mention they are amazing recordings.

Agree. I would tend to go with So Small because I think the majority of people think that was his best performance. And, it could get played on the country radio stations now if people request it.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:40 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Agree. I would tend to go with So Small because I think the majority of people think that was his best performance. And, it could get played on the country radio stations now if people request it.

It did get 5 spins on radio right after he performed it.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 12:43 pm

I think we need to choose a day far enough out to get the word out to his 16,000 followers on twitter. If Allison has 8,000 downloads, we can surely surpass that.

I wish they would release Tell Her About It. Maybe we should post that on AI's general forum and see what kind of response they get?
Back to top Go down
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I have bought everything he has done. I know we all have.

I so wish he had a longer duet with santana for us to purchase.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:26 pm

First, I agree with you, Jenna and Rhonda, about banding together to bump Matt onto that list. People need to be hearing his studio recordings, because they are phenomenal!
Second, I just went to the iTunes store and listened to several clips from Adam, Kris, Danny, and Allison. Being as objective as I can, this is my personal opinion:

Adam: He's an technically competant singer, no doubt. But his magic that is so apparent when you watch him perform kind of disappears on his recordings. His voice is actually alot less radio-friendly than I expected.

Kris: I kept hearing all season that Kris' studio versions were a little lackluster, but tried to forget about that while listening to them. They weren't bad at all like I thought they would be, just a little middling. On one hand, I can understand why his sound and style are appealing: very soothing, simple and familiar. On the other hand, that earnest quality in his voice that he pulls off well on stage sort of annoys me without the visual.

Danny:Danny has such a distinct voice that it's harder to find flaws in it, if that makes sense. He sounded a little unpolished and lacks vocal nuance, but that wouldn't deter people who love his voice from buying his albums.

Allison: I think I liked her recordings the best out of the Top 5. Maybe it's easier for me to objective with Allison because she's a female and I have very selective taste when it comes to male voices. But I don't think that's it. She has a completely different vibe from Matt, and I still liked her voice on wax. I wish she would annunciate better, but she really does come alive on those recordings. Her spunky, gritty flavor translates really successfully from stage to studio.

Sidenote: I also listened to Anoop (pleasant, but nothing earth-shattering), Alexis (don't get what the big deal was about her) and Megan (had to 'cause of all the flak she got. But her voice goes over MUCH better on wax. Weird, huh?)
I didn't bother with Lil, Scott, Jasmine, Jorge or Michael simply because they never piqued my interest before and I never heard much rant or rave about them to warrant listening to their recordings.

So, that's one person's opinion. You all know how I feel about Matt, so no need to go into his fabulousness right now. For me, those sales are just a reflection of popularity rather than quality, as I mentioned upthread. But what do I know? I rooted for the guy who got fifth place! Wink
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:07 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
First, I agree with you, Jenna and Rhonda, about banding together to bump Matt onto that list. People need to be hearing his studio recordings, because they are phenomenal!
Second, I just went to the iTunes store and listened to several clips from Adam, Kris, Danny, and Allison. Being as objective as I can, this is my personal opinion:

Adam: He's an technically competant singer, no doubt. But his magic that is so apparent when you watch him perform kind of disappears on his recordings. His voice is actually alot less radio-friendly than I expected.

Kris: I kept hearing all season that Kris' studio versions were a little lackluster, but tried to forget about that while listening to them. They weren't bad at all like I thought they would be, just a little middling. On one hand, I can understand why his sound and style are appealing: very soothing, simple and familiar. On the other hand, that earnest quality in his voice that he pulls off well on stage sort of annoys me without the visual.

Danny:Danny has such a distinct voice that it's harder to find flaws in it, if that makes sense. He sounded a little unpolished and lacks vocal nuance, but that wouldn't deter people who love his voice from buying his albums.

Allison: I think I liked her recordings the best out of the Top 5. Maybe it's easier for me to objective with Allison because she's a female and I have very selective taste when it comes to male voices. But I don't think that's it. She has a completely different vibe from Matt, and I still liked her voice on wax. I wish she would annunciate better, but she really does come alive on those recordings. Her spunky, gritty flavor translates really successfully from stage to studio.

Sidenote: I also listened to Anoop (pleasant, but nothing earth-shattering), Alexis (don't get what the big deal was about her) and Megan (had to 'cause of all the flak she got. But her voice goes over MUCH better on wax. Weird, huh?)
I didn't bother with Lil, Scott, Jasmine, Jorge or Michael simply because they never piqued my interest before and I never heard much rant or rave about them to warrant listening to their recordings.

So, that's one person's opinion. You all know how I feel about Matt, so no need to go into his fabulousness right now. For me, those sales are just a reflection of popularity rather than quality, as I mentioned upthread. But what do I know? I rooted for the guy who got fifth place! Wink

it really boggles my mind how much you read my mind!!! I just did the same thing the other! But I just went ahead and illegally (unless anyone on here is part of the gov't, then I bought them) downloaded some of the more popular performances from these people.
I COMPLETELY agree with you on Adam... his voice really doesn't do anything for me, and the greatness he projects only comes across with his performance, not surprising since he's been in theater so long.

Kris, I also agree with you... I can totally see why people like him... His recordings are either amazing (some ok, just 1 are almost Matt good) but others are COMPLETE trainwrecks. It's weird because they all sound the same, but yet some of them worked and some didn't. He comfuses me! I do have to admit tho, I'm actually pretty obsessed with his "Falling Slowly", it's very good!

Danny: no, just no... I hate the way he phrases his words... it just sounds weird. Out of this Top 5, he will IMO have the least success (but it doesn't take Nostradamus to figure that out.... he's gonna go the way of good ol Tay Hicks!)

Allison: Totally agree with you there too! I enjoy her almost as much as I enjoy Matt. It doesn't hurt that I'm a total rocker chick but she's got a damn good voice and she can do the rock vibe like "Cry Baby" or "Give in To Me" or the slow heartfelt like on "Someone to Watch Over Me". I've got a little mini Matt/Allison playlist and it's pretty great. I can see her being the most successful out of this group (even more so than Matt if I'm being honest because she's unique, young and spunky)

Also agree with Anoop and Alexis: Anoop has a nice voice, I can see myself enjoying him but not going gaga. Alexis is VERY overrated. I even downloaded the live version of "Dirty Diana" (ya know that performance all the blog sites went freakin ape crap over) and it's not that great. She's got a nice voice but so it pails in comparison to Allison.

I'll never understand why Matt didn't get credit on the show. The fact that he is played less on the radio than Danny is just a big ol WOW for me. As far as my opinion is concerned, him and Allison (ironically, the 2 LEAST hyped performers of the top 5) are the ones who REALLY have a legit chance of being successful long term based on merit (because I think Adam will be successful because of who he is, not because he deserves it!) Kris will have Jordin-like success, he'll do alright but people won't hype him that much. And like I said earlier, Danny will fade.... fast! anywhoozers, long post!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Oh Pebbles....

We DO think alike! It must be our great minds, huh? I totally think you are right about the Top 5: the ones who were so overhyped won't have the staying power. Have you ever noticed that that seems to happen every year? I mean, how many 2nd or 3rd place finishers jump to mind when you think of Idol success stories? I personally tend to think of JHud, Daughtry and, for some reason, Kellie Pickler as non-winner success stories. 3rd place seems to be particularly troublesome. I mean think back on every 3rd place finisher in Idol's history: it looks pretty grim for ol' Gokester, huh?

Anywho, I have a feeling you may be right about Allison. She is young and moldable, and has basically grown up singing. This is what she is probably meant to be doing, and she's unique like, say, Adam, but with more long-term appeal. Now that I read that starpulse.com article that talked about Matt being a jack-of-all-trades, that's exactly how I envision him. Collaborating with diverse artists, doing various projects, always keeping his hand in somehow. That would thrill me if that's how his career turns out, because that's the key to longevity. Always keep your hand in!

One more thing: have you heard anything about this AT&T scandal? Apparently, AT&T reps were at several Kris Allen voting parties offering voting tips and handing out phones for people to use. I need to find out more info before I can decide how I feel about this, but why does it not surprise me? Just another fucked up element of this season. It's so ironic that the argueably worst season of Idol in terms of messing with the formulas, changing rules, lack of focus on contestants, would be the one that would introduce me to my favorite Idol contestant ever! Funny how things work out, huh?
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:32 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

I totally agree with you. Sure, Allison is on there, but it's basically Kris (the winner) and Adam and Danny (who were pimped all season long and have hugeee fanbases). So, I certainly don't think that people do not find him appealing, the other fanbases just overshadow us a bit and therefore more people buy their music. Also, I'm sure it doesn't count for HUGE numbers, but I think a lot of people don't purchase music from Itunes (I buy all of mine from there!) and instead download it elsewhere and not pay. So, I'm sure many, many, many, more people than we may think are Matt fans and supporting his music even though they're not showing it on Itunes (of course, where it really counts). I don't think this will really affect him getting signed. I don't have the figures to back it up, but it seems like every year from the top 3 on, that's when people go completely mad over buying their music. I mean I know some friends who only tune in to the last 2 weeks or so just to see who wins and the "big performances". And then they become fans of the winner or runner up, etc. I think Matt is moreee than talented enough that in the long run he will be completely fine even though right now he may be being overshadowed by the bigger Idol contenders. I mean, a year from now, no one's going to really care if he's doing better than Allison or worse than Adam (ok, maybe some AI diehards who get caught up with it), but they're all going to go their own way soon (I can't wait! haha) and will be able to blaze their own trail. Okay, I'm done now writing this mini novel haha. Oh and I think it's a terrific idea, though, to get the word out about buying his music (even though I'm sure we all already have haha) and getting his play count up on myspace. : )
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:43 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Oh Pebbles....

We DO think alike! It must be our great minds, huh? I totally think you are right about the Top 5: the ones who were so overhyped won't have the staying power. Have you ever noticed that that seems to happen every year? I mean, how many 2nd or 3rd place finishers jump to mind when you think of Idol success stories? I personally tend to think of JHud, Daughtry and, for some reason, Kellie Pickler as non-winner success stories. 3rd place seems to be particularly troublesome. I mean think back on every 3rd place finisher in Idol's history: it looks pretty grim for ol' Gokester, huh?

Anywho, I have a feeling you may be right about Allison. She is young and moldable, and has basically grown up singing. This is what she is probably meant to be doing, and she's unique like, say, Adam, but with more long-term appeal. Now that I read that starpulse.com article that talked about Matt being a jack-of-all-trades, that's exactly how I envision him. Collaborating with diverse artists, doing various projects, always keeping his hand in somehow. That would thrill me if that's how his career turns out, because that's the key to longevity. Always keep your hand in!

One more thing: have you heard anything about this AT&T scandal? Apparently, AT&T reps were at several Kris Allen voting parties offering voting tips and handing out phones for people to use. I need to find out more info before I can decide how I feel about this, but why does it not surprise me? Just another fucked up element of this season. It's so ironic that the argueably worst season of Idol in terms of messing with the formulas, changing rules, lack of focus on contestants, would be the one that would introduce me to my favorite Idol contestant ever! Funny how things work out, huh?

Oh man, it seems like this story is everywhere, right? Even on the front page of Yahoo! I've never really agreed with the way voting has been done in the past, but honestly, I don't see AI doing anything about this! We know how they are about ignoring obvious screw ups lol But you know what, I know over on the GD Adam fans are outraged (and ya know, rightfully so right now), but I don't think it makes a difference for Kris or Adam. Labels, producers, etc. had their minds set up wellll before the results were made I'm sure. Both had ample time to shine and prove themselves and get credit for their work especially the finale week. can't say the same for everyone *cough, cough finale snub!* I swear I'm getting over it haha. Anyways, I don't think whether or not Adam or Kris was named American Idol will honestly impact either of their careers since their post Idol plans were probably already being planned out weeks ago. And for Adam, probably right after his audition haha
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:28 pm

meagsmatt wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Oh Pebbles....

Oh man, it seems like this story is everywhere, right? Even on the front page of Yahoo! I've never really agreed with the way voting has been done in the past, but honestly, I don't see AI doing anything about this! We know how they are about ignoring obvious screw ups lol But you know what, I know over on the GD Adam fans are outraged (and ya know, rightfully so right now), but I don't think it makes a difference for Kris or Adam. Labels, producers, etc. had their minds set up wellll before the results were made I'm sure. Both had ample time to shine and prove themselves and get credit for their work especially the finale week. can't say the same for everyone *cough, cough finale snub!* I swear I'm getting over it haha. Anyways, I don't think whether or not Adam or Kris was named American Idol will honestly impact either of their careers since their post Idol plans were probably already being planned out weeks ago. And for Adam, probably right after his audition haha

Yep, those great minds of ours get this Idol crap like it's our own DNA! The more a contestant is hyped on the show always seems to be the downfall of them when it's all over. Take Ruben for instance, I LOOOVED that guy soo much during season 2 (even though that is NOT the kind of music I listen to) but never cared afterwards. He was built up as the velvet teddy bear that was really sweet and lovable. Yeah, he was a good singer but was he the most awesomest thing EVER! No! Danny's got the christian vote and the sympathy vote because of the dead wife. Adam's got the gay vote (like it or not) and the vote of the people who life differering contestants. Kris is the guy next door whose married to his high school sweetheart, an everyman if you will. And Allison is the cute teen who can sing with the best of em. Matt isn't as clean cut or wholesome as Kris (how can he be when he just oozes sex), isn't different like Adam, and didn't have a sad backstory. Just like Daughtry and JHUD, they didn't exactly have people lauding them for their backstories, they were hyped because of the talent. And maybe they didn't realize Matt's talent while on the show, but when he comes out swingin like we know he will, it will be that much more surprising and awesome!

yeah, the AT&T thing is pretty screwed up, but I've heard that they've done that before. I guess there really isn't much wrong with telling people how to vote (although the free voting thing probably didn't hurt) I just have a problem with Adam fans freaking out over it and saying that's the ONLY reason he lost. Maybe most of the people just wanted Kris to win. Here's my theory on that. I think Adam's fanbase was pretty set in stone early on. People either LOVED him or didn't. Lots of people were either on Kris's side from the get go or pretty indifferent by him. So every contestant that got eliminated had fans ready to transfer their votes. I think Kris picked up alot more fans along the way than Adam did so that's why he won. Not because some silly AT&T guy telling people how to vote! It just makes me angry when Adam fans can't possibly understand why people don't see him as the second coming.... it's ANNOYING!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

Quote :

I mean, a year from now, no one's going to really care if he's doing better than Allison or worse than Adam (ok, maybe some AI diehards who get caught up with it), but they're all going to go their own way soon (I can't wait! haha) and will be able to blaze their own trail. Okay, I'm done now writing this mini novel haha. Oh and I think it's a terrific idea, though, to get the word out about buying his music (even though I'm sure we all already have haha) and getting his play count up on myspace. : )

Exactly. I agree 100 % with this. A year from now, Kris and Adam hype will be over and everyone will be on their own selling music with major labels or without.

I am still positive that Adam and Kris' big sales were because of popularity within the show but outside in the real world they will struggle like everyone else.
Matt's voice is awesome recorded and very current. I am sure with the right songs he could be marketed well.

I think Matt will be an artist along the lines of Gavin de Graw and his songs will be heard on the radio. I just have this feeling positive that a label is interested in him. We just have to wait a bit until after the tour.

But I predict a Jason Castro outcome for Matt. ( Matt >>> Jason) Just don't tell anybody I say so.

Matt seems pretty happy about his opportunities post Idol so I am sure there must be people already calling him who are interested in working with him.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:06 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Oh Pebbles....

Yep, those great minds of ours get this Idol crap like it's our own DNA! The more a contestant is hyped on the show always seems to be the downfall of them when it's all over. Take Ruben for instance, I LOOOVED that guy soo much during season 2 (even though that is NOT the kind of music I listen to) but never cared afterwards. He was built up as the velvet teddy bear that was really sweet and lovable. Yeah, he was a good singer but was he the most awesomest thing EVER! No! Danny's got the christian vote and the sympathy vote because of the dead wife. Adam's got the gay vote (like it or not) and the vote of the people who life differering contestants. Kris is the guy next door whose married to his high school sweetheart, an everyman if you will. And Allison is the cute teen who can sing with the best of em. Matt isn't as clean cut or wholesome as Kris (how can he be when he just oozes sex), isn't different like Adam, and didn't have a sad backstory. Just like Daughtry and JHUD, they didn't exactly have people lauding them for their backstories, they were hyped because of the talent. And maybe they didn't realize Matt's talent while on the show, but when he comes out swingin like we know he will, it will be that much more surprising and awesome!

yeah, the AT&T thing is pretty screwed up, but I've heard that they've done that before. I guess there really isn't much wrong with telling people how to vote (although the free voting thing probably didn't hurt) I just have a problem with Adam fans freaking out over it and saying that's the ONLY reason he lost. Maybe most of the people just wanted Kris to win. Here's my theory on that. I think Adam's fanbase was pretty set in stone early on. People either LOVED him or didn't. Lots of people were either on Kris's side from the get go or pretty indifferent by him. So every contestant that got eliminated had fans ready to transfer their votes. I think Kris picked up alot more fans along the way than Adam did so that's why he won. Not because some silly AT&T guy telling people how to vote! It just makes me angry when Adam fans can't possibly understand why people don't see him as the second coming.... it's ANNOYING!

I totally agree with you! And it's not like Adam isn't going to make it big anyway, he's gotten offers from Queen, magazein covers, etc. Puhhlease! But I do agree that I think Kris picked up more fans along the way than Adam. Especially since Adam kind of plateaued in the beginning of the competition and stayed there where Kris (According to judges) improved and obviously gained more fans. And I'm sure that many of Danny's votes went to Kris after he was eliminated. Ultimately, though, you're right, there's no way Adam lost just because of the dumb AT&T thing, and it doesn't really matter at all for him anyways.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:26 pm

pebbles87 wrote:

yeah, the AT&T thing is pretty screwed up, but I've heard that they've done that before. I guess there really isn't much wrong with telling people how to vote (although the free voting thing probably didn't hurt) I just have a problem with Adam fans freaking out over it and saying that's the ONLY reason he lost. Maybe most of the people just wanted Kris to win. Here's my theory on that. I think Adam's fanbase was pretty set in stone early on. People either LOVED him or didn't. Lots of people were either on Kris's side from the get go or pretty indifferent by him. So every contestant that got eliminated had fans ready to transfer their votes. I think Kris picked up alot more fans along the way than Adam did so that's why he won. Not because some silly AT&T guy telling people how to vote! It just makes me angry when Adam fans can't possibly understand why people don't see him as the second coming.... it's ANNOYING![/quote]
Okay, that whole paragraph I love. Sometimes things are so obvious you can't even see them. All the top AI finishers have been pimped because of some element of their lives/personalities that made for good TV. They are all there based on talent, it's just the ones who can garner ratings that push ahead. People are paying attention to them, because TPTB want them to. But when all that fades away, you have to come back to the talent. I love the idea of Matt being a diamond in the rough. I still feel that he IS that way, because people just don't get it, so wrapped up in their Adam and Kris and Gokey hoopla. Sometimes I am surprised that even after being on Idol, people still aren't acknowledging Matt enough. It just seems so obvious to me. But then again, I bet Daughtry and JHud early adopters were saying the same thing, too. I've got all the patience in the world, and I think Matt does, too. He likes having his sneaky little secrets that he will drop on everyone at just the right time. And I bet it's a REALLY good secret, too.

As for your theory about Adam, yes. His fanbase exploded early on, much like his performances. That's pretty hard to maintain, and if you put things into perspective, Adam DID maintain exceptionally well. He was the one person out of the pimped ones at the beginning (aka Lil, Alexis and Gokey) that kept that momentum all the way to the finale. But he became the poster child for the judge's pimping, and that turned people off. Kris was the lucky one who benefitted from the extra votes of booted contestants because he was the antithesis of Adam: familiar, uncomplicated, and a major shrinking violet. That was Kris' role, and I suppose based on that logic we all should have realized long ago that he would win. But we were all so darn distracted by all the other inconsequencial crap to notice.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:06 pm

You're right OvenMitt, Matt is the diamond in the rough! And I feel like this will help him in the long run. It always sucks to be the contestant whose known for being the "American Idol guy". These people had the door into the business knocked in by a freakin shovel, they were given everything they needed to succeed in the business just by getting on this show. There are plenty of people out there who had to claw and fight their way to get in and may resent someone like Gokey or Kris, whose talent may not have gotten them ANYWHERE had they not been on Idol. Matt, on the otherhand, was never overtly pimped (although he was the stealth TCO in the beginning, the little bugger Kris stole that away from him for some reason--- my theory is that it was the B2 after LGIO) and was only ever given credit if he deserved it. Let's face it, Matt's not good for "Idol TV". He's an extremely talented guy who will most likely succeed in the business but he's not gonna garner anymore viewers. TPTB couldn't manipulate his story as a dueling piano player, or his non-married, straight white man from Michigan background. He was essentially useless to them. If the show was based on talent alone: Chris D. would have won, Melinda Doolittle would have won, and we would have never heard of Scott McIntyre. He's not the "Idol guy" he's just Matt. Contestants like this are either A) forgotten because they have zero hype from the show or B) succeed because people don't associate them with a shit show. The contestants who fall under the 'A' category were never good enough to get pimped and/or succeed in the business (Scott, Jorge, Michael). The contestants who fall under category B fell under the Idol trap of not having enough of a backstory or personality to get by just on talent, so were abandoned by TPTB (Allison, Matt). I think because the two of them have the talent to make in the business on their own, the little bit of help Idol gave them will help because they deserved it. Gokey Okey didn't so I feel like people will disregard him because he's that Idol dude.

Adam, did plateau too early to really gain momentum like you all said. He didn't gain any fans, and maybe lost some after the "Ring of Fire" hot mess. And I also believe that Adam was more popular with the Idol obsessed fans, media, and judges than he was with the casual Idol viewer (which I just realized I have crossed over to the Idol obsessed rather than the casual viewer I used to be, DAMN YOU MATT!!)

and side note, have any of you ever been to the site whatnottosing.com... it's like an Idol viewer's wet dream over there!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:14 pm

Everyone make sure you check out either the news and appearance page or the multimedia thread. Shellben and poster were able to find the radio interview from this morning. I posted a link in the news and appearance page there is also a link in multimedia thread.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list   Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:05 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
This is making me mad. We need to pick a day and a song and tell everyone we know to buy it. I cannot believe Matt is not on there. What makes me even madder is that Michael and Megan's song is now available to purchase!

We can make this happen - it just takes organizing!

Let's do it!

What about posting "Operation So Small" on his facebook fan page? There's over 25,000 fans on there. I'm sure if they knew about it, they'd go & purchase.
Back to top Go down

Total Idol Downloads top 200...Matt not on list
Page 1 of 1