Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

New video of Matt on the tour

Go down 
+2
mattyg93
Jenna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

New video of Matt on the tour Empty
PostSubject: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:07 pm

http://www.americanidol.com/videos/season_8/idols_summer_tour/matt_giraud
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:15 pm

Hey!
i just watched that video on American Idol!
Love love love Matt's personality! He is so adorable..
Awwww. I am so anxious about what is going to happen next for him after the tour is over.
Notice that he said again he is still on a limbo stage where he doesn't really know what is going to happen.

He did say he was going to Michigan for a few months to play some gigs and then hopefully go to LA for a possible record.. Man.. I think he is waiting to see if he gets some offers after his contract expires.

What did you get from this interview Jenna? I want to analyze his answers. What is your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:29 pm

Quote :
What did you get from this interview Jenna? I want to analyze his answers. What is your opinion?

Oh man so many things. First I need to re-watch it. Be right back! It really was a great interview. I just love him!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:39 pm

Ok first I absolutely love his passion for music. He seems so excited and hopeful for his career. I think this man never has anything else on his mind except for music. Love that!

I can't wait to see him get wild on that piano! I am so excited for this. He seems so genuinely excited, happy, and thankful for this whole experience!

You know it sucks that he doesn't have record label interest right now but for some reason after seeing this video I don't feel so worried. I really think he is looking forward and he will not give up easily! Hey maybe he won't be a super star but I really think he will have a successful career as a working musician. We as fans just have to keep supporting him and helping to get the word out there about how amazing he is! The tour this summer can only gain him new fans. He is amazing but yes he will have an uphill battle but you know what we will be there to witness it and we will be able to say we knew Matt when. I'm so excited! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:40 pm

Ummm Anoop seemed a little bitter. I felt kind of bad for him! Sad
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:41 pm

Come on guys are you watching the interview? What do you think? Discuss! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:44 pm

LOL one more thing. After listening to all the other Idol's interviews Matt seemed the most excited and passionate about music! He truly is the only REAL musician this year! I am so glad I became his fan...yes I know corny but it's true!

Oh make sure you guys leave a comment over there.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 11:49 pm

Jenna wrote:
Come on guys are you watching the interview? What do you think? Discuss! Very Happy

I know.. It seems that we are the only ones discussing this here. Where is everybody?

Yeah.. Anoop seems a bit jealous of Adam, Kris and Allison's record deals. I can understand but he shouldn't have said that. Hey. I expect Matt to get signed way before Anoop just saying.

Matt just seems so raw about the music industry and how it works. If he could just get a great music mentor manager to guide him through his life post Idol and get him signed with a major label his future would be bright.

I can't wait to see what happens with Matty! He did say he is looking forward to making music. Maybe he heard some rumblings about other labels being interested in him?

I just can't for the life of me think no one is interested in him to record!
He is perfect for today's music and so marketable!
I still have this positive feeling about his future and I will remain that way until the day he gets signed!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:30 am

My thoughts: Matt seems very happy and excited. I think he's in limbo but positive about the direction he's going in. I'm dying to know what venues he's playing in MI after the tour - I'll be there. I'm sure he would rather be signed and sealed like the other 3 but I like his approach about being positive about his future. He did the same thing on the show. Anytime he was faced with a question about regret, he immediately turned it around and talked about looking forward. I recall him saying that the biggest thing that happened on AI is for him to realize that his future is bigger than playing at a local lounge for tips. I think he's relishing any opportunity to make music and share it with his fans. I hope it translates to many more fans for him. I've now sent the Ellen video to 5 people and converted all of them!
As far as the other go: I didn't think Anoop seemed that bitter. He spoke very frankly and essentially voiced what they are all feeling. Was it the right thing to do - probably not. I do think he has an overinflated view of his abilities and artistry. It's always fascinated me how he views himself as a contemporary R&B whereas I thought on the show, those songs were his worst whereas his ballads actually showed off some of the strength and control of his voice. We'll see how he progresses as an artist and if he indeed can find a label that shares his vision.
Adam/Kris/Allison - what you expect. I just wish Matt had the opportunity to work with some of these amazing producers that these 3 are getting. It is painful to watch Kris collaborate with The Fray knowing how much Matt idolizes them.
Scott - again, overinflated sense of self and people's interest in him - not to mention his abilities as a musician/pianist/singer
Danny - once again, talks about everything but music - glasses, his organization, traveling to Puerto Rico. He tweeted that he was in Nashville and not for Sofia's heart so I'm guessing that he's close to a record deal. I can't say that there is anything that pisses me off more than Danny getting a record deal before Matt! I truly think he's a douche and has no musical soul.
Megan - confusing. What does she want to do.
Lil- surprisingly upbeat and positive.
Michael - yes, we know you've written a ton of songs - but are they any good? Notice how Matt never talks about the songs he's written or shamelessly promotes himself like Scott and Michael? Maybe he should do it more? I don't know what works better.

Ok - that's my late night take. Have at it.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:55 am

I actually liked Lil's interview and was confused by Danny's and Megan's as well. Scott just seems very egotistical. I have always thought this and this new interview did nothing to change my opinion on Scott. I guess I really have no opinion about Michael. I have to be honest I didn't pay much attention to Kris', Allison's or Adam's guess I'm a little bitter when it comes to these 3. geek
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:03 am

Sorry it took me so long to reply, but I had to watch all 10 videos. Of course, I went back and watched Matt's three more times. (Ha-ha Very Happy )

I wonder why some of the Idols were so secretive about their song selections? We all know that each person will do 1-2 songs that they performed from the show. Michael said he thought less people would show up if they knew the songs in advance??? confused I think they type of people who attend the Idols tour are more hard-core fans, and they would pay to see their favorite contestant sing the'phone book', as Randy Jackson would say. Rolling Eyes

A few brief comments on each:

#10 Michael: I don't think he was bragging about his songwriting. In fact, I think he spent most of his time talking about missing his wife and kids. Crying or Very sad He mentioned that he already has built a recording studio, so it seems to me like he's going to be releasing an indie CD. It didn't sound like he was expecting any major record deals.

#9 Megan: I think the video demonstrated why so many people found her annoying at times. IMO, Megan seemed like she was using AI as a springboard to an acting/ modeling career. She has admitted in previous interviews that she never had any formal music/ vocal training, was never in a band, she never really considered auditioning for AI, etc. Now she says she would like to make a children's CD (like The Wiggles? The Imagination Movers?) and go into acting. Okay, then she should focus on shows that are on Disney Playhouse, PBS Kids, etc. Sorry, but I would rather see her as an "actress" than as a pop singer. She better not get a recording contract before Matt does! Mad

#8 Scott: I don't think he was being arrogant, but I still think he seems rather bland here. Sleep He does have a good sense of humor, but he tends to give the same answers in every interview. I know he wants to be known as a singer, but I think he has a better shot at becoming a songwriter.

#7 Lil: She does seem very sweet, but did anyone else think that she seemed desperate as well? She kept saying that she wants to do an album, but she'll do a movie, too. Oh, wait what about a part on Broadway? Maybe her phone hasn't been ringing off the hook either. Sorry, but she does seem like a great mother and wife. Smile

#6 Anoop: Nah, I don't think he sounded bitter, but he did sound a little down. He might have seemed a little passive-aggressive when he mentioned that Kris, Adam and Allison had contracts, but that the rest of them wanted to be signed, too. scratch He keeps mentioning that he wants to be taken seriously as a modern R&B artist, but IMO, that is one of the most competitive markets in music. Not too many singers have longevity in this genre. At least he says that he is moving to LA and will work hard at it.

#5 MATT: more on him later... Wink

#4 Allison: This video reminds me why she was always one of my early favorites. She just seems like a normal, energetic teenager, albeit with an amazing singing voice! She looked kind of tired here, but you could tell that she really enjoyed being with her fellow Idols. I loved how she mentioned her mom and sister going with her on tour because that's what a typical teenager would say. Very Happy

#3 Danny: I know he's such a polarizing figure on the boards, so I won't spend too much time on him. It definitely sounds like he will be signed to Sony Nashville? confused I guess AI wants to push him into country, but he would be better suited in Adult Contemporary (EVEN KARA SAID THIS ON AMERICAN IDOL EXTRA!). Male country singers are usually good songwriters, or at least decent guitar players, which Danny is neither. I'm not so sure about the country box they're trying to push him into, since Danny has always said that he wants to make a CD with 'Latin fusion'--which has nothing to do with COUNTRY MUSIC! Rolling Eyes And oh, yeah, he's just got to mention his future eyewear collection. Sheesh! No

#2 Adam: Whether you like his style of singing or not, he always seems professional. He is well-spoken and keeps the interviews focused on his future music plans, not his personal life, not acting, not any endorsement deals, etc. You can tell that he loves live performances. Pretty good interview, IMO.

#1 Kris: Awww, he seems so tired here. As usual, Kris is humble and laid-back, but sometimes I wish he would show just a little more energy or something. Seriously, Adam and Allison look a lot more excited about their future albums. Cute as ever, but come on! Give us something to talk about. Smile

Last edited by Riley 9 on Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:27 am

Okay, I'm back to continue talking about our favorite subject. Wink

Matt just has the sexiest speaking voice, kind of deep and raspy. Sorry, but so many other singers have NASALLY sounding speaking voices (I'm looking at you, Fantasia!).
Of course, Matt was adorable, humble, funny and charming. When is he not? LOL I love you

Also, I have noticed over the course of the season, that TPTB must really like him because they tend to give him VERY FAVORABLE EDITS in his video packages. As I was watching each of the 10 videos, I noted the captions describing the Idols. Only Matt and Anoop received a compliment in their descriptions. Matt was 'the season 8 crooner', which implies he has a classic, soothing voice. Anoop was the 'lucky and talented #13'. Very Happy Everybody else's caption just said that they were answering questions about the upcoming tour, etc.

I hate hearing that Matt's post-Idol career is in limbo! It sounds like Danny will be signed soon enough, so that would leave Matt as the only un-signed person from the top 5. Heh, I know that I'm preaching to the choir here, but Matt has the potential to be a vey successful recording artist. He's young and VERY ATTRACTIVE! He has a distinct, bluesy singing voice. He is an excellent piano player and can even dance. He oozes charisma, but with a boy-next-door charm to him. WHY ISN'T HE SIGNED YET??? confused [I must sound like I'm his agent or something!]

Well, at least he's going to have fun on tour! He'll win over so many new fans this summer. cheers I just know it!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:53 pm

Jenna wrote:
Ok first I absolutely love his passion for music. He seems so excited and hopeful for his career. I think this man never has anything else on his mind except for music. Love that!
I can't wait to see him get wild on that piano! I am so excited for this. He seems so genuinely excited, happy, and thankful for this whole experience!

You know it sucks that he doesn't have record label interest right now but for some reason after seeing this video I don't feel so worried. I really think he is looking forward and he will not give up easily! Hey maybe he won't be a super star but I really think he will have a successful career as a working musician. We as fans just have to keep supporting him and helping to get the word out there about how amazing he is! The tour this summer can only gain him new fans. He is amazing but yes he will have an uphill battle but you know what we will be there to witness it and we will be able to say we knew Matt when. I'm so excited! cheers

I felt the exact same way watching the video! And I just love how relaxed he seems - letting it all sink in, taking it slow not making any rash decision, weighing his options - and most importantly he seems so happy. He knows what he is doing, he is not clueless, and the fact that he waited till he felt ready to be on AI (even if he had wanted to audition much earlier) just shows that he is not one to do anything hastily. I think he is being real smart about his carrer - waiting for the right opportunity Very Happy

And did I mention how cute he is? Awww!! I just love that cap on him!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:21 am

Just got through watching all the videos. It's good to see them all back together again. I like seeing Matt and Scott at the Piano's. I bet they play the piano a bunch on tour.

My thoughts.....
10) Michael Sarver - just a really nice guy, who misses his family, loves his wife and children and really wants to make music. I hope he has success. I don't think he'll be a big star, but if he writes music, maybe he can make some money songwriting and his wife and children won't have to worry about him on those oil rigs anymore. I wish him sucess, I really do!

9) Megan Joy - humm....she's just so weird to me. I don't get her. I found it funny on the AI re-play on Monday night when they had the intro vidoes for the top 13 and she said that she would enter singing contests as a child and so on and never won. Go figure??!! Shocked LOL. Yeah, I think she would be more successful as a model/actress...but I really don't think she will be. I think Megan may fade into the woodwork once the tour is over.

8 Scott McIntyre - I didn't find him egotistocal. I just think he's been taught to be upbeat and positive despite all odds because of his handicap. I don't think he'll be a star, he's not a very good singer. I see him as a songwriter.

7) Lil Rounds - she was upbeat, positive and full of energy. I still liked Lil with her short hair. It's almost as if her whole personality and what I orignally felt about Lil changed once she started wearing her hair longer. I liked the short sassy vivacious Lil that we first met. Anyways, she does have a good voice. But will she have a music career? Probably not.

6) Anoop DeSai - I like Anoop. I guess becasue I know what good friends him and Matt are. I didn't find him bitter, maybe slightly envious of Allison, Adam and Kris..but not bitter. He's just being honest. Who wouldn't be a little envious? Anoop has a good voice, but I really dont' see him selling records either. But who knows?

5) Matt Giraud - cute as ever! So into his passion for music. Funny, witty, likeable, upbeat, happy and positive. I think Matt is going to have an album, i think we will hear Matt on the radio in the next 2 years. I think his passion and his drive will make it happen. He's just got too much music in him for it not to happen. Will he be a mega superstar? Probably not. But I think he will have a career in music. And I can't wait to buy his CD, cheers

4) Allsion Iraheta -cute, love her. Think she is the bomb. I think her album will be a hit. Will I buy her CD. Not sure. Maybe.

3) Danny Gokey - Danny, Danny, Danny...what can i say about DAnny that hasn't already been said. It makes me a little angry to think that he will get a record deal before Matt. Sure Danny likes to sing and perform , but making music and entertaining is not his MAIN passion. Just like Anoop, I am envious of Danny's populatiry over Matt. I just don't get it. I know Matt and Danny are great friends, but there is just something about Danny that I don't like. Ugghhh is all I have to say. Evil or Very Mad

2) Adam Lambert - professional and well spoken as usual. I just think he is a nice sincere guy.Also very passionate about performing and entertaining his fans. Despite everything, I still like Adam. Will I buy his CD? If it's good, depends on what it sounds like.

1) Kris Allen - he did seem a little tired. I wonder how his marraige is doing. Just seems like this success and popularity and his schedule is more than he bargained for. But he is a nice and likeable guy and I think his CD will be a hit. Will I buy it, probably not. But it depends.......

Matt's is the only one I know that I want to buy no matter what, because anything Matt is going to sing is going to be HOt.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:58 am

lovethemtigers, I think we agreed on most everything about the videos. Maybe I like Allison and Kris more than you do? Wink
Anyways, I wish all of them luck after the tour, but I agree that most of them will not become big stars ( just looking back at other Idol alumni's track records). Crying or Very sad

Hopefully, Matt is one of the few lucky ones who finds success in the music industry. He certainly has the talent AND THE PASSION! I love you

It is frustrating to see that some other Idols may be as popular or more popular than Matt, despite not being "real" singers or musicians. After all, Simon always says that AI is not really a "singing" competition anymore, or else it would be on the radio! Rolling Eyes

I do think all of this year's Idols get along with each other. At least for NOW! Twisted Evil Who knows what will happen once the tour is over, and they have to start promoting their solo projects or auditioning for TV/ record producers? confused
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New video of Matt on the tour   New video of Matt on the tour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New video of Matt on the tour
Page 1 of 1