Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!

Go down 
+6
Janizzle
meagsmatt
Lisa_M
mattyg93
OvenMitt
Jenna
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! Empty
PostSubject: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:41 pm

http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/247080/matt-giraud-on-the-scene-at-the-idols-tour-rehearsals/

This is what the Interviewer says on her twitter about it!

Quote :
Matt Giraud interview is up & is one of my faves!! He is so funny!

http://twitter.com/lyndseyparker
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Jenna wrote:
http://new.music.yahoo.com/blogs/realityrocks/247080/matt-giraud-on-the-scene-at-the-idols-tour-rehearsals/

This is what the Interviewer says on her twitter about it!

Quote :
Matt Giraud interview is up & is one of my faves!! He is so funny!

http://twitter.com/lyndseyparker

Ahh...thanks for posting this, Jenna! I knew someone would come through with a better link; I had to watch Noopkins' video to access Matt's. You rock.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Ovenmitt, I saw that you posted it in the yahoo interview thread so I thought I'd give the it's, it's own thread! I was excited when you posted it because I have been waiting for this interview and it is a great one! I think it's quite a bit longer than the last few reality rocks interviews isn't it? Almost 6 minutes.

I love him! Oh and don't forget to leave a comment over on yahoo about the interview!

What is old school musician type clothes...LOL? Can't wait to see what he choose as his tour outfit.

I'm really excited for some solo shows but I hope he doesn't wait too long to start working on his CD and getting it out!

Damn and I really can't wait to see him "jammin on those keys like he never has before"

LOL at the dueling piano idol part. Again I love him!

Oh and loved when he said sarcastically that he is putting out a rap album...LOL!

Last edited by Jenna on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Urggh can I say I don't like MJ or her blog! I hope she let's go of her whatever it is she has against Matt and puts up his video.

One more thing about the interview. I'm glad he is sticking with the direction he wants to go in with his CD...soulful rock. Hopefully this doesn't change!

Last edited by Jenna on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 4:37 pm

Jenna I think mj will post his video tomorrow right after Anoop.
I posted on the other thread that she said she will be posting the interviews one day at a time in order of elimination. So she posted Anoop's today so tomorrow she will post Matt's I am sure.

I am going go ahead and watch it now.

Last edited by mattyg93 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Wow!!! This interview/video of Matt is now right up there with the Idolatry One in my book..I'm almost liking it even more!!! I just sat there with this BIG smile Very Happy on my face the whole time I was watching it!!! Everything about him is infectious...(big sigh)...I have to say I LOVE LOVE when he wears baseball caps ..backwards, the side..anyway!! also did anyone else notice how white and beautiful his teeth looked in this video or was it just me?? It just seems like I can never get enough of this boy!! whewwwwww...I am soooo excited for this tour now after hearin him say he is gonna be "jammin" on the piano!! cheers

OH YA ..and didn't that lady say some AWESOME things about him in her article too??? I'm sure she was crushin on him too the whole time she was with him!!

Hey Jenna ..I hope you can maybe put this link for this interview on his fan site..I think its very very complimentary of him for ALL to see!! (newbies also)

Last edited by CrAzY_4_MattyG on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:03 pm

I just watched it! Matt is so nice and humble and sweet and funny and I can go on...
He really deserves all the success in the world.
Still... To be honest I am worried about his future again right now because his plans all seem kind of vague. Not even Matt himself knows exactly what type of music he is going to put out. I mean yes, he said soul/ rock like Gavin, One Republic, etc but he is not writing songs or going to the studio lately. That makes me wonder...

He said he wasn't sure he was going to be picked up or not.Sigh...
I am still praying he will after the tour is over.
Watching Kris doing his interviews and him saying he is working with people like The Fray makes me so mad because Matt would have been given the chance to work with that group if he had gotten signed!

Basically right now the most sure thing are his shows in Michigan, which will be a blast I know. But after that, what?

Matt needs to keep things moving forward, the idol fame fades away so quickly especially for the non-signed non winners.

IMO Matt needs a great manager/mentor who will guide him and hurry things up for him.
I don't know what to think about his lack of direction right now but I will be praying for his success. I am just weary because I've been a fan of past idol finalists and after a while if they don't strike it is usually too late.
I am still in awe no major label is interested in signing him. Mind boggling.
He could have so much potential with the right direction and producers. I am so sad. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:08 pm

Thanks for posting!!
This interview is so much fun!
Haha I just can't help but think he must be so tired of answering the same questions over and over again lol (the save!) but he's such a great sport about it!
I also love that he is sticking with soul/rock and refused to just be placed in a box...and a rap album haha he has such a great sense of humor! can't wait for tour flower
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:12 pm

Quote :
Hey Jenna ..I hope you can maybe put this link for this interview on his fan site..I think its very very complimentary of him for ALL to see!! (newbies also)

I always put up the new stuff on the homepage. It's on the left handside in the box labeled new stuff! When I update it I write in the updated date and put a little star next to the newest update. There is a direct link or you can click on the dancing matt avatar and it will take you to the new stuff page. Very Happy

Unfortunately I don't know how to post the actual video just a link to the video. I would need the embedded code in order to do this which of course I don't have of this interview.

Guys can you make sure to leave a comment over on yahoo regarding the interview? Thanks.

Last edited by Jenna on Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:14 pm

MattyG93.....

Ya gotta remember that there could very well be other Music Labels very interested in him right now but they can't touch him until he is done with the tour and Matt can't really say if and when they do talk to him (i don't think he can cuz he's still in contract with AI)...I can bet you anything they are definitely watching him...He is making VERY good press in all these interviews...his performance on all the tour stops is gonna to be freakin UNBELIEVEABLE and you know there are going to be record label exec's going to these concert's too and just talent scouts in general SOOOO stop worrying..the boy is gonna make it...besides I don't understand why everyone thinks he has to make it "BIG" ..there are some very excellent independent recording artists out there touring and making some good music and have a great fan base and they are just loving what they are doing..I think Matt would be very happy with that and doesn't feel the need to be a "superstar"...he doesn't need to be a "Adam" ...ugghhhh to Adam pig
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks for the info Jenna!..I figured you probably would but I didn't know if you put everything on there.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm

CrAzY_4_MattyG wrote:
MattyG93.....

Ya gotta remember that there could very well be other Music Labels very interested in him right now but they can't touch him until he is done with the tour and Matt can't really say if and when they do talk to him (i don't think he can cuz he's still in contract with AI)...I can bet you anything they are definitely watching him...He is making VERY good press in all these interviews...his performance on all the tour stops is gonna to be freakin UNBELIEVEABLE and you know there are going to be record label exec's going to these concert's too and just talent scouts in general SOOOO stop worrying..the boy is gonna make it...besides I don't understand why everyone thinks he has to make it "BIG" ..there are some very excellent independent recording artists out there touring and making some good music and have a great fan base and they are just loving what they are doing..I think Matt would be very happy with that and doesn't feel the need to be a "superstar"...he doesn't need to be a "Adam" ...ugghhhh to Adam pig

You've made some great points here! Let's not worry! Matt can't tell us everything. I think he'll be doing things very organically....and I'm okay with that!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 7:24 pm

Something struck me about the interviewers comments - because I've heard about 3 other interviewers make the same observations. She wondered how much further Matt could have gotten if the audience got to see his wonderful personality during the show. Laura Saltman made almost an identical comment in her blog. Slezak commented on how much more he liked Matt after interviewing him. I was always amazed how many people saw Matt as smug on the show when all I saw was nerves. He just took music and criticism of his music so seriously and so personally - its something that really endeared him to me and I'm amazed how badly he was misjudged. I'm thrilled to see that at least now, others get to see what those of us on this board fell in love with early. Hopefully the word will continue to get out what an amazing artist and person Matt is and propel him to where he wants to be musically.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Something struck me about the interviewers comments - because I've heard about 3 other interviewers make the same observations. She wondered how much further Matt could have gotten if the audience got to see his wonderful personality during the show. Laura Saltman made almost an identical comment in her blog. Slezak commented on how much more he liked Matt after interviewing him. I was always amazed how many people saw Matt as smug on the show when all I saw was nerves. He just took music and criticism of his music so seriously and so personally - its something that really endeared him to me and I'm amazed how badly he was misjudged. I'm thrilled to see that at least now, others get to see what those of us on this board fell in love with early. Hopefully the word will continue to get out what an amazing artist and person Matt is and propel him to where he wants to be musically.

Jenna, don't worry. I left a very nice comment after the Yahoo Music article. Very Happy

Everything is open to a person's interpretation. Some people think Danny is funny and lovable, while others say he's annoying and arrogant. I have read a lot of online comments saying that Matt seems much more likable in all his post-elimination interviews. I can see why people misinterpreted Matt's nervousness as being "bitchy". Pardon my language, but you wouldn't believe how many times I read from other AI fans that Matt always had a "bitch face", or he looks so "douchey". Slezak and Kristen Baldwin kept calling him smug. Just today I saw a TV poll online that asked you to vote on 'Who was the Worst Reality Show Character of the Year?" There were about 20 different names on there, but I couldn't believe that Matt was even nominated. GRRRR! Mad Other people on the list were Danny, Tatiana Del Toro, Kara, Bikini Girl, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, etc. In what crazy universe does Matt = Spencer Pratt?! Meanwhile, Adam, Kris and Allison were nominated as some of the "best" reality show characters. Rolling Eyes I guess you're not considered "good" unless people think you're BFFs with the heaven-sent Adam Lambert. Can you tell that I needed to rant?

I think the judges wanted to use the save on Matt because they realized he had a lot of talent AND they knew he was a nice guy. If everyone from the judges, to the producers, to the AI crew, to past contestants, to his fellow finalists believe that Matt is a good person, then that's enough to convince me. I love you I really dobut that some bitter AI fans who have seen Matt on TV once or twice a week actually know what type of person he is. There are still a lot of Matt haters on the blogs who resent that he was 'the chosen one', the contestant that finally received the 'coveted' judges' save. I'd like to tell these people to GET OVER IT! The save kept Matt in the contest for 2 more weeks, but he didn't outlast Adam or Kris anyway.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the female reporters who interview Matt are quickly charmed by him, but some male reporters are still cold towards him? Maybe the guys are just jealous of Matt! Ha-ha! Surprised Hey, Matt did sing that he's a "a ladies' man"! Wink

Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 9:33 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Jenna, don't worry. I left a very nice comment after the Yahoo Music article. Very Happy

Everything is open to a person's interpretation. Some people think Danny is funny and lovable, while others say he's annoying and arrogant. I have read a lot of online comments saying that Matt seems much more likable in all his post-elimination interviews. I can see why people misinterpreted Matt's nervousness as being "bitchy". Pardon my language, but you wouldn't believe how many times I read from other AI fans that Matt always had a "bitch face", or he looks so "douchey". Slezak and Kristen Baldwin kept calling him smug. Just today I saw a TV poll online that asked you to vote on 'Who was the Worst Reality Show Character of the Year?" There were about 20 different names on there, but I couldn't believe that Matt was even nominated. GRRRR! Mad Other people on the list were Danny, Tatiana Del Toro, Kara, Bikini Girl, Heidi Montag, Spencer Pratt, etc. In what crazy universe does Matt = Spencer Pratt?! Meanwhile, Adam, Kris and Allison were nominated as some of the "best" reality show characters. Rolling Eyes I guess you're not considered "good" unless people think you're BFFs with the heaven-sent Adam Lambert. Can you tell that I needed to rant?

I think the judges wanted to use the save on Matt because they realized he had a lot of talent AND they knew he was a nice guy. If everyone from the judges, to the producers, to the AI crew, to past contestants, to his fellow finalists believe that Matt is a good person, then that's enough to convince me. I love you I really dobut that some bitter AI fans who have seen Matt on TV once or twice a week actually know what type of person he is. There are still a lot of Matt haters on the blogs who resent that he was 'the chosen one', the contestant that finally received the 'coveted' judges' save. I'd like to tell these people to GET OVER IT! The save kept Matt in the contest for 2 more weeks, but he didn't outlast Adam or Kris anyway.

Has anyone else noticed that most of the female reporters who interview Matt are quickly charmed by him, but some male reporters are still cold towards him? Maybe the guys are just jealous of Matt! Ha-ha! Surprised Hey, Matt did sing that he's a "a ladies' man"! Wink

Didn't see that poll and now I'm glad - it would have just raised my blood pressure.
Where have you seen male interviewers talk to Matt? I just realized that every interview I've seen, except for Slezak, is by a woman. And since Slezak is gay, I guess he too could be charmed by Matt G.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:13 am

Riley 9 wrote:

nice comment after the Yahoo Music article. Very Happy

'

Yes I have - I've noticed that the female reporters are all over him when they interview him Very Happy Well can't blame them. funny - to me he sends out mixed signals - I wanna protect and hug him me being all maternal and at the same time i wanna hmmm jump him Embarassed
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 9:54 am

Thanks for posting this video. I love watching Matt, I just don't have a lot of time to surf for this stuff, so thank you so much. Matt is adorable as ever. It is so interesting how the media is warming up to him and how they are finding him to be one of the most likeable, if not the most likeable of all the season 8 idols.

Love ya Matt.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:12 am

lovethemtigers wrote:
Thanks for posting this video. I love watching Matt, I just don't have a lot of time to surf for this stuff, so thank you so much. Matt is adorable as ever. It is so interesting how the media is warming up to him and how they are finding him to be one of the most likeable, if not the most likeable of all the season 8 idols.

Love ya Matt.

Hmmm... I think it took longer for some of the media to warm up to Matt because another contestant from this season kind of took over everything. Rolling Eyes The reporters became interested in Matt only after the finale because the drama over fan wars was over! Not that I blame Adam for this, but I hated how every AI update during the season became all about 'what would Adam wear this week', 'what song will Adam choose', 'does Adam really hate Kris', etc. If the media had realized that there were 12 other contestants in the finals this year, then I think the reporters would have liked Matt from the start! [Sorry to bring this up again!]

I'll go so far as to say that not only is Matt one of the most likeable Idols this year, but he could be one of the nicest guys from any season! cheers Who else would be considered one of the most likeable Idols? IMO, probably George Huff from seaason 3! I love you

"If I had a piano here, I know I could make you like me." Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!   Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally Matt's Reality Rocks interview!
Page 1 of 1