Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise

Go down 
+16
meagsmatt
peacehope
macigirl
asianmegan
Lisa_M
sgr91
flicker
mattyg93
Lana
mero17
mattyfan
Holly417
paigeturner
pebbles87
lumma
Jenna
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Lana

Lana

Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 10:49 am

Jenna you are officially My hero!!! So much info my brain is about to frizz!! It feels like I already saw the whole concert (or at least the important parts Wink )

From all of these accounts, it sounds like Matt is gonna ROCK! That should get him some attention. And random things that caught my eye: Someone said that Danny's set sounded like one long sappy 30 min song, from this list that seems about right. Closer for Michael scratch and Mad for Anoop cheers

Allison's set looks like it's gonna ROCK, Lil and single ladies could be good, Megan will have a good set I think, Kris' set looks WAY to loooooong.....

Anyways, can't wait for tonight. bounce
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:29 am

I am so pumped for tonight. So it looks like Matt did really well.

I would have never guess in a million years he was going to do "Hard to Handle". I mean Black Crowes? Honestly I don't love that song, but I know Matt will rock it.
He sure wants to do the soul rock thing huh?
I really hope he gains lots and lots of new fans with his set. And also record executives finallt take notice of him.
I am happy he is switching his look with the fedoras. I love to see his curls too!
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:33 am

Jenna, thanks so much for bringing this info over. I'm sooo excited!!! I wonder how long it will take to get to Matt's set. I have to get up at 5:00 am tomorrow for work, and it's non-negotiable! Maybe we'll get to hear some of his stuff by 11:00 or 12:00, EST.

Thanks for the cellcert info, and thanks for the set list!!! Thanks for everything you do, Jenna, don't know if you hear that enough!

Honestly, I'm excited to hear everyone's set, except for Adam and Kris, and that's mostly because I'm sick to death of the Kradam stuff. But of course, I want Matt to be the star!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:36 am

OK Im sitting poolside at 8am in Vegas checking this site! Kind of scary but I love this update! When he was asking 4 suggestions on what to play I tweeted Otis Reddings Try a Little Tenderness - I got the artist right:). I think this really suits his voice and style and Im glad he's going uptempo to start the show.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:47 am

Matt - He had met my friend Jill earlier and remembered her name. Between the two times I met him (in the afternoon and this evening), he was also very sweet, and liked to sing random lines of things. He sang part of YFM earlier and then tonight he was like "So you liked that first song I did huh?" and started dancing and singing HTH, and I was like "Oh yeah, totally, I was dancing!" and he was like "Yeahhhhh" and gave me a high five. He's such fun guy.

OMG! This is WHY I Love Matt so much..I can totally see him doing that! Wow..and he even remembered the girls name! how sweet!! I'm soooo excited for my concert on aug 23rd...I don't know how I'm gonna stand the wait until then! I think he will kill the song Hard to Handle and sounds like he is having a blast during it also!! wooohoooo!! cheers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 11:50 am

Here's an article by the reporter guy from last night.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/americanidoltracker/2009/07/idols-live-tour-descends-on-portland-or.html

Quote :
regular ritual of the tour is the visit to the "fences"; when at various points during the show days, the Idols venture out to the perimeter of the stadiums to sign autographs and pose for pictures with their fans. In what may have been a warm up visit, the little group tells that earlier in the day, a few of the Idols came out - they all brandish their signatures proudly. Matt Giraud particularly seemed to have charmed them, singing an improptu of The Fray's "You Found Me" to the ladies.

Check back tomorrow (Sunday) night for the complete rundown when all can be told, but suffice it to say that one of the joys of seeing the tour is one feels they get to see whatever promise each singer held fully realized. Free of the pressure of competition, the glowering faces of the judges, singing songs they have had weeks to practice (rather than a day) - in the dress rehearsal the Idols seemed relaxed, having a blast on stage and almost to a singer - sounded better than they ever had on the show. This was especially true in the first half when Michael, Megan, Scott, Lil, Anoop and Matt each really seemed at their best and reminded one of their greatest moments of promise during Season 8.

Matt is going to kill it this summer!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:14 pm

Wow..I'm still sooo blown away by Matt..I just watched his Ellen performance and When he sang So Small on Regis/Kelly again and I feel like my heart just gushes for him..He is just such a totally, totally awesome performer and I know every single show he does he is going to MOVE everyone in the audience..there is no way he won't!! He sings with SO MUCH passion and emotion..I just can't say enough about how wonderful this guy is! Laughing
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 12:47 pm

Okay, so apparently I miss A LOT when it's a holiday w-end haha. But anyway, Hard to Handle is one of my all time fave "rock" 90s songs. The Black Crowes have that southern twang sound in their voice, kinda like Matt does and I can't wait to hear his version!!!!!! That's definately a crowd song, I know cover bands almost always play that at bars so I'm definitely pumped for it!!! And I know artists LOVE when the crowd sings a long and I'm sooo glad he chose this and The Fray, I can't even imagine the feeling he'll get when 20,000+ are singing along with him Very Happy Exactly 1 more month til I get to see him up close & personal!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:28 pm

I googled tour buses and found this site. Someone posted a bus layout that is probably similar to what Matt will be riding in. It's fun to check out.

http://gossipcandy.com/2009/07/bus-layout/
Back to top Go down
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:49 pm

Thank you Jenna, for that information. Sounds awesome! What I love about the songs Matt chose is that he is the only one in the top 10 who could have sang those songs ~ they could not have been done by any of the other 9 ~ and they will showcase his uniqueness and diversity. Yay!
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:52 pm

You won't believe this ---

People at mjsbigblog are saying that Matt has more time on stage than even Kris!!! Because he has parts in 3 group songs, and Kris is only in 1 group song. We Matt fans know all too well that singing in a group song usually means ONE OR TWO LINES! And somehow that's better than getting 5 SOLOS!!!!! Auggghhhh!!! Kill me now!

Why oh why do I bother to read MJ's?

On a lighter note, is anyone else too excited to do normal stuff today? I need to finish laundry, tidy up the house, etc, and just can't focus on it! I have butterflies! Can't wait til tonight!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 1:57 pm

flicker wrote:
You won't believe this ---

People at mjsbigblog are saying that Matt has more time on stage than even Kris!!! Because he has parts in 3 group songs, and Kris is only in 1 group song. We Matt fans know all too well that singing in a group song usually means ONE OR TWO LINES! And somehow that's better than getting 5 SOLOS!!!!! Auggghhhh!!! Kill me now!

Why oh why do I bother to read MJ's?

I know I read that shit! I wish I could post there...LOL! Geesh he has probably the same amount of time as Allison and Allison went home from the show right after Matt. I can gaurentee Matt's time on stage comes no where close to being as long as Danny, Adam, and Kris. Idiots!

Quote :
On a lighter note, is anyone else too excited to do normal stuff today? I need to finish laundry, tidy up the house, etc, and just can't focus on it! I have butterflies! Can't wait til tonight!

OMG yes! I'm glad my son is at his dad's house today!

Don't forget the cellcert and chat tonight. Check out the cellcert and chat thread for details.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:09 pm

Well I posted on MJ's well she is she posts it. Right now it's in moderation...LOL!

This is what I said...

I am so excited to see Matt! He’s the only reason why I’m going. So I am estatic with his stage time.
No way will he get as much time on stage as Adam, Danny, and Kris. Why shouldn’t Matt get as much time as Allison? She went out right after him, but I’d bet you anything her stage time will come out being longer anyway. Maybe Matt’s solo set is shorter time wise than Allison’s?
The first half of the show will be as long as the second and their is one more person performing than there is in the second half. Remember Michael, Megan, and Scott only have 2 solos a piece rather than 3. If anyone should be mad IMO it should be their fans.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:30 pm

I think its funny that they think Matt is getting more stage time...Did it ever occur to them even IF he is getting more stage time its probably because the producers heard alot of Backlash about how they screwed him over in the Finale and decided to give him a few more "mins" of stage time because 1. He DESERVES it and 2. Maybe they saw or heard how upset all of his fans were that he did get so disrespected and basically way overlooked on the finale show!! SO they just need to get over themselves over there at MJSblog.. lol Laughing Besides..who wants to hear boring, put you to sleep Kris anyways!! Razz Razz
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Wow Jenna thanks so much for all of the info! The show looks amazing overall! And I cannot wait to see/hear Matt. He's totally gonna kill it! August can't come soon enough! I can't wait to hear from everyone else's experiences! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:40 pm

meagsmatt wrote:
Wow Jenna thanks so much for all of the info! The show looks amazing overall! And I cannot wait to see/hear Matt. He's totally gonna kill it! August can't come soon enough! I can't wait to hear from everyone else's experiences! Very Happy

My shows in August too. Doesn't it seem like it's a lifetime away?
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:46 pm

Jenna wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:

Absolutely!!! But at least we'll be able to hear everyone else's stories to keep us excited! flower
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:49 pm

meagsmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:

Absolutely!!! But at least we'll be able to hear everyone else's stories to keep us excited! flower

Yup and cellcerts, reviews, and hopefully lots of Matt video!
Back to top Go down
megryan67

megryan67

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:28 pm

Wow, thanks for all of the information Jenna. You really have done a great job w/ this forum and I know Matt appreciates it as we do. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 3:56 pm

megryan67 wrote:
Wow, thanks for all of the information Jenna. You really have done a great job w/ this forum and I know Matt appreciates it as we do. cheers

Thank you!

Who else is getting butterflies in their stomach? I am so excited for tonight! Can't wait until the cellcert and reading everyone's reviews! cheers

I am going to set up a thread for reviews. I wanted to use the blog but there doesn't seem to be much response for that. Maybe if no one cares I will post the reviews over there as well.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:16 pm

http://blogs.usatoday.com/idolchatter/

Quote :
Matt Giraud felt his heartbeat speed up. "Whenever I see a big stage, especially if I'm going to be on it, I always get the chills.

"I remember sitting in these audiences when I was a kid and just imagining what it would be like to be up on the stage. Now it’s me, and it’s my tour bus, with my friends on it." Later, when no one was watching, he walked onto the stage in the empty venue and struck a pose with an imaginary microphone in his hand, just to feel the thrill.

Does anyone ever get tired of listening to Matt's love of music and performing? I know I don't!

Quote :

Megan Joy has spent a lot of her free time jogging around the arena and the city. Matt Giraud says he and Michael Sarver wrote a song while walking around town the other day. Of course, everywhere the Idols go, fan approach them.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Thanks, Jenna! I couldn't resist looking at the concert spoilers. LOL Very Happy

I never would have guessed that HTH would be Matt's 3rd solo. And I love the version by The Black Crowes, but I'm not familiar with the older versions. I really think the audience will be impressed with Matt's versatilty and range! I love you It's not just older songs or sappy love songs.

Even though most people at the concerts will be waiting for the second half to start, I'm interested in the first half because of all of Matt's stage time. cheers I heard that Matt and Scott will get to do their piano duel to "Tell Her About It" -- finally! The producers must have seen the backlash after the finale, not to mention that Matt had only a few lines in "Black Magic Woman" , and Scott had NO SOLO LINES AT ALL! Mad AUGH! I'm still angry that the duel was cut from the finale.

Also, are Matt and Scott going to play the piano in that Motown medley, too? I know there's a group song for finalists #5-10 to "Beggin'", which I don't really like. Crying or Very sad Oh, well, we know Matt will get another chance to play the piano during "Don't Stop Believin'"! And someone mentioned that Matt will dance a little, too? I can't wait for any concert videos to show up on YouTube or something! bounce

Didn't one of the blogs mention that Matt was singing for some of the female fans at the rehearsal? Of course, because he's The Biggest Flirt 2009! Cool
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:31 pm

Quote :

This jumped out at me:
Matt Giraud: “Hard to Handle” by the Black Crowes

Uh-oh. I smell trainwreck. That song, with its super-fast chorus, is incredibly difficult to pull off.

From MJ's blog...

Ummm whatever! Obviously she hasn't heard Matt's Stayin Alive. Matt has no problem with super-fast chorus. Go post something Flicker!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:33 pm

I guess this guy will be twittering throughout the day to regarding the concert...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/confessionsofanidoladdict/2009420789_american_idols_on_tour_live_co.html
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:41 pm

I went to check out the tv blog for the cellcert and someone mentioned that they were logging in to reserve their spot. So I'm not sure if it has a limited number of people who can be on or not. I am going to keep an open window.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise   Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tour spoiler so don't read if you want it to be a surprise
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next