Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Ontario, CA Show

Go down 
+15
Lisa_M
pasnthru
OvenMitt
mattyg93
macigirl
mero17
graciecat
Lana
Riley 9
RachIP
mattyfan
Giraudian#202
sgr91
flicker
Jenna
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:33 am

Here's a few more from MJs that I don't see posted yet.

Great recap especially the Matt part!

"And…..MATT! MATT!! MATT!!! I liked him okay on the show, but NOW I’m a BIG fan of Matt. He was astonishing. He was rousing. I was put in mind of internet clips of Jerry Lee Lewis from the early days of Rock and Roll. Matt was a whirlwind of energy and talent. I didn’t expect that from him and I could hardly catch my breath. He can really, and I mean really, play the piano. His voice was great. “Hard to Handle” was a revelation. “Georgia” was great. The Fray song was good, but more soothing than rousing. In short: When’s the record coming out? When’s his first solo concert? I want to go!"

***I was there and had the SAME reaction - every single word of your review regarding Matt could have come from my lips as well, including the JERRY LEE LEWIS thing, Matt tore it up! If that kid doesn’t get a deal it will be a crime!
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 am

And a few more....I'm really feeling the love for Matt!

Matt charmed me (to say nothing of Slezak) in his Idolatry interview, and all these rave reviews of his showmanship and performance ability make me eager
to see what comes next for him. I love reading about all the “KradaMattison” love.

Man, Matt is getting really good reviews at a lot of these places. Is that normal? Does that give him a greater chance of getting signed by 19E or someone else?

I am so glad Matt is getting some good concert reviews. I would like to see him signed more than Danny. He has just got more soul and love of music.

I agree that Matt’s swagger is part of the reason I love watching him perform so much. He does seem to have it all: Talent, Charisma, energy, passion… I am always amazed that more people weren’t seeing it on Idol, but glad that some seem to be coming around to Matt.
Matt was our third favorite after Adam and Kris. We really love Adam. Kris was awesome too. Danny did get a lot of love from the crowd but he just didn’t “do” it for me and hubby.

I do think Matt (and Kris of course) is an accomplished musician and I actually see Matt more as a Ryan Tedder type, maybe focusing on songwriting and production. But everyone at the shows says he seems like a star, so maybe he will get a contract as well.

On one of the other threads, I asked people who they thought is gaining the most from the tour, in terms of getting additional critical and fan love and respect. Several people agreed with me that Matt is coming through much, much stronger, a real live-wireentertainer. And I was NOT a fan during the TV show.
Regarding Matt, I had no expectations and was wowed by the piano skills. I don’t know how I’d feel if I was expecting it after reading many positive reviews.

Matt, Allison, Kris and Adam managed the best to fill the arena with their voices despite bandzilla.

I agree with your standouts–Matt, Allison, Kris and, of course, Adam.

I am an Adam fan but almost everyone keeps saying how great Matt is, so maybe I will check him out (if he ever gets signed and puts out a record)
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:19 am

Thanks for those awesome reviews Puppeyeyes
Man all of these great reviews are getting me so worked up and exciteds for Matt. Man I am almost positive that we will be hearing more news of him after tour. He almost seems to be closer to that record deal than Danny. *get em Matt* cheers

and Mjs just may redeem itself, and I may stop in a little more to read some comments.
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:26 am

Someone actually commented on MJs about all the Matt talk and there was a reply back that it's not only about Adam. If I find it again I'll post it.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 11:59 am

Wow, that's really great! Finally some love for Matty at that site...it used to be all bashing about the mole and goat vibratto. So many there need a big knock on their heads. I'm glad a few are finally getting some sense.

It can't be denied. Matt stands out on tour!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:10 pm

Lana wrote:
Thanks for those awesome reviews Puppeyeyes
Man all of these great reviews are getting me so worked up and exciteds for Matt. Man I am almost positive that we will be hearing more news of him after tour. He almost seems to be closer to that record deal than Danny. *get em Matt* cheers

and Mjs just may redeem itself, and I may stop in a little more to read some comments.

I think so, too! It seems like Matt is getting more buzz than Danny across the board. Not only because Matt is wowing people, but also because Danny is sort of digging his own grave, image-wise. I mean, the braggadocio about his record label dealings, his yammering about singing country music despite his obvious disdain for and unfamiliarity with the genre, the comments about attractive women during interviews, and the general lack of vocal filter are turning tons of people off to him.

Contrast this with Matt's public image. He has been charming, engaging and interesting when talking with the press, as well as with fans. Reporters and concertgoers have been marvelling at his ability to command the live stage, and he has gained tons of converts who had previously overlooked him or even disliked him during his AI run. Matt goes the extra mile to interact with fans, be it through pre and post-concert meet and greets, or via social networking on the web. Matt is gaining momentum where Danny is losing it, and each day Matt appears more like a star, while Danny seems more like a used car salesman/creepy uncle hybrid.

If Matt's talent, marketability and passion don't get him signed, then how about his professionalism and attitude? Never a diva or buffoon who'd make life miserable for his handlers with constant demands or damage control, Matt seems to be a major label's dream on every level. But I, as are the rest of you, am completely biased in my thinking!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 pm

And another thing, about MJs:

The readership seems to be comprised of a hefty chunk of cultural philistines who not only seem to lack an acute sense of artistic understanding when it comes to music, but who also come off as quite base and superficial as per their preference for musical style and performance. In short, they exault image and artifice over prowess and passion. So it doesn't surprise me that they don't support Matt: they can't disect his level of musical subtlety and complexity so as to appreciate it. They need something gaudy and glamourous to catch their attention, like a fish to a shiny new lure. The fact that Matt is being given even an ounce of credit on that site is due to individual assessments and opinions of him. On the whole, the site itself and the majority of its readers are pretty set in their leanings, and I'm thinking it's killing a great many of them to realize that Matt is getting so much buzz on tour. Lots of hard swallows, I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:24 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

The readership seems to be comprised of a hefty chunk of cultural philistines who not only seem to lack an acute sense of artistic understanding when it comes to music, but who also come off as quite base and superficial as per their preference for musical style and performance. In short, they exault image and artifice over prowess and passion. So it doesn't surprise me that they don't support Matt: they can't disect his level of musical subtlety and complexity so as to appreciate it. They need something gaudy and glamourous to catch their attention, like a fish to a shiny new lure. The fact that Matt is being given even an ounce of credit on that site is due to individual assessments and opinions of him. On the whole, the site itself and the majority of its readers are pretty set in their leanings, and I'm thinking it's killing a great many of them to realize that Matt is getting so much buzz on tour. Lots of hard swallows, I'd imagine.

girl, I had to read that like 10 times to unnastand it!! haha but yeah I agree. that is all!
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:35 pm

LMAO....haha, I had the same reaction. Ovenmitt, you're a smarty! Love to read your posts!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:43 pm

Riley commented:

Lana, you were saying that you weren't liking the outfit Matt wears during his solo performance. I admit that it looks old-fashioned, but I think Matt was going for a costumey look, without going over the top (like Adam does). Matt still looks sharp and sophisticated when he's wearing the black suit during the Beggin' medley. Then he changes it up and looks cool and casual in the jeans and vest during the DSB finale. I don't think he looks older than 24 in any of his outfits. He has a baby face, a rocking body and has smooth dance moves. IMO, the audience is more likely to think that Scott is older than he is because his set is snoozy and more boring than Matt's. Personally, I think both Scott and Anoop seem older than Matt, in terms of looks and attitudes.

I totally agree Riley..the whole purpose of Matt's outfit is suppose to be "retro" and just a tad bit "old fashioned" in a sense because its like an "old time" piano player but yet its CLASSY, tailored and beautiful on him..he looks soooo "Sharp". I don't think I would change a thing about it..nothing! He still has the "rocker" faux mohawk and he dresses great in the other sets also...(GAWD..LOVE HIM in that dark suit!!)....He's just like a beautifulllll piece of art!!! bom Laughing

Last edited by Lisa_M on Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:50 pm

graciecat wrote:
lumma wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Yay Hard to Handle....great sound and visual

The best sound so far! His vocal is really perfect here.

Love the ahem-- camera angle--- from about 1:40 on---- Very Happy

Is it just me but is our "little Matty" just STRUTTING his stuff all OVER and AROUND that stage now??!!! :-)))) He just makes me smile sooo big!! He looks sooo confident up there in this particular video!! He is moving around much more then the earlier shows!!! LOVE IT!! OMGGG!! I'm so excited for my concert!!! hurry up Aug 23rd!!! I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:56 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

Now them there ARE SOME WORDS!! LOL...you go Ovenmitt!! I couldn't agree more..(i think) hehe
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:01 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Wooo hooo!! Have we seen this yet???

Nice booty @MGiraudOfficial on Twitpic

Love me some Matty G. Booty!!

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE BLOW THIS PIC UP IF THEY KNOW HOW?! OK BY ME! LOL

Lisa-- Did you check out the Booty thread under Get. On. Board. picture thread? I think your blow up copy may be there. If you want it larger then I always just increase my zoom! Wink Not sure how to get it LIFESIZE yet-- lol!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 7:30 pm

Well Riley, we at least agree about the "Rocking Body" lol!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:54 am

This is what the uploader had to say about Matt...

Matt Giraud doing a great rendition of Georgia on My Mind by Ray Charles. I didn't record his other two performances, but Matt was one of the best, most entertaining performers of the night. He has potential to do great things. I didn't have enough battery to record the entire performance

Georgia...very good quality

Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:04 pm

You Found Me...

Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 pm

ok....what is up with this lisp thing? It almost sounds like he's got dentures slipping..LOL. Is he doing it on purpose? Do you think he realizes it sounds like this? JMO, but I find it really distracting cause he has such a beautiful natural voice!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:29 pm

pasnthru wrote:
ok....what is up with this lisp thing? It almost sounds like he's got dentures slipping..LOL. Is he doing it on purpose? Do you think he realizes it sounds like this? JMO, but I find it really distracting cause he has such a beautiful natural voice!

LOL i just heard that too - hope it's just bad sound lol!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 pm

pasnthru wrote:

I don't think Matt really has a lisp. It has to do with digital recording and some noise cancelling.
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 4:06 am

yeah guys It's definitely the recording!!!.....But I also love lispy Matt Laughing

Last edited by mero17 on Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:46 am

LOL you guys it's just the recodeing listen to other video from that show...no lisp!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:19 pm

Whew!!! HaHaHa....I thought for a minute maybe he was channeling Louis Armstrong lol!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:34 pm

Quote :
I attended the Ontario concert (and did a recap). The live performance only changed my opinion about one performer: Matt. NatX ranked the performers, which I didn’t do. Maybe we all should do it, though. On the tour, I would rank them: 1. Adam, 2. & 3. (tie) Allison/Matt, 4. Kris, 5. Anoop, 6. Danny, 7. Lil, 8. Michael, 9. Scott, 10. Megan. On the show, I would have ranked Kris and Anoop in a tie for third and fourth, behind Adam (1) and Allison (2). I would have tied Danny and Matt as well, in the fifth and sixth spots. Lil would have remained at 7, Michael at 8, Megan and Scott tied for 9 and 10.

Look at his placement while on the show and look at how far he moved up. He is doing it guys just like we knew he would! He is winning over so many new fans because our guy is brilliant and so are we because we always knew it! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ontario, CA Show   Ontario, CA Show - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ontario, CA Show
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4