HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  http://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  http://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Share | 
 

 San Jose, CA Show

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:31 pm

jessica wrote:
ahhh i hope that's not how it is at my show, that makes me nervous! lol that was chaos.


I know it kind of made me uncomfortable and a little scared for him...LOL!

Some of the other fan videos are not so bad though!

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
jessica

avatar

Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-05-14
Age : 26
Location : Canadia

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Jenna wrote:
jessica wrote:
ahhh i hope that's not how it is at my show, that makes me nervous! lol that was chaos.


I know it kind of made me uncomfortable and a little scared for him...LOL!

Some of the other fan videos are not so bad though!

yeah! like that was pretty much the worst, i was scared for him too! like that one girl who was like holding on to him while he was signing so she could get a picture hahah, like wow. all we can do is hope that our shows are like the ones that aren't so bad!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lana

avatar

Posts : 554
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 28
Location : Ohio University

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Jenna wrote:
jessica wrote:
ahhh i hope that's not how it is at my show, that makes me nervous! lol that was chaos.


I know it kind of made me uncomfortable and a little scared for him...LOL!

Some of the other fan videos are not so bad though!
Didn't he tweet something about how they had to be escorted in because the of the crowd??

Found the tweet: We just got escorted in because it's crazy and there's a ton of people outside. But nighty night Twitterverse. You guys amaze me!!

Wow... It's getting hectic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OvenMitt

avatar

Posts : 376
Join date : 2009-05-12
Age : 37
Location : Hermiston, Oregon

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:32 pm

So, another positive Matt review. Something must really be transmitting successfully in a live setting, because this guy is echoing similar reviewers' sentiments about "not liking him on the show" or "seeing what Idol saw in Matt". It's like a broken record. Thank God for this tour, is all I'm sayin'!

"Matt: I wonder why Matt never moved me much during the show. Maybe it’s because of the mole or the hat. But watching his live performances I got to say he can make a good album. His voice and piano skills completely won me over. I hope someone signs Matt. He looks like a really nice person, too."


And if y'all wanna see the entire review, here's the link:

http://mjsbigblog.com/?p=7897&cp=1#comments

This guy wasn't too keen on Adam, or Allison randomly, but I totally understand what he's saying. I don't fathom how so many people are enraptured by that stagey, overtly theatrical schtick. I guess the smoke and mirrors are really working as far as Adam's concerned. It was just kind of refreshing to see someone actually point it out in a offhanded way. Like, calm the hell down, people, it's just a cabaret act on steroids.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:45 pm

Ovenmitt:

Matt: I wonder why Matt never moved me much during the show. Maybe it’s because of the mole or the hat. But watching his live performances I got to say he can make a good album. His voice and piano skills completely won me over. I hope someone signs Matt. He looks like a really nice person, too."

And if y'all wanna see the entire review, here's the link:

http://mjsbigblog.com/?p=7897&cp=1#comments

This guy wasn't too keen on Adam, or Allison randomly, but I totally understand what he's saying. I don't fathom how so many people are enraptured by that stagey, overtly theatrical schtick. I guess the smoke and mirrors are really working as far as Adam's concerned. It was just kind of refreshing to see someone actually point it out in a offhanded way. Like, calm the hell down, people, it's just a cabaret act on steroids.


Ovenmitt..besides Matt I just Love you...lol...this was perfect explanation for Adam's SH*T!!!
ughhhhh Sleep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:48 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jessica wrote:
ahhh i hope that's not how it is at my show, that makes me nervous! lol that was chaos.
I know it kind of made me uncomfortable and a little scared for him...LOL!

Some of the other fan videos are not so bad though!



Ughhhh...I agree...I hope it isn't like this when I go to see him but then again I'm thinking it will be by then because that is Aug 23rd and he is ONLY GOING TO GET THAT MUCH MORE POPULAR AND IN DEMAND...I will be so pissed if by the time he gets to Cleveland show if he starts having to have a handler and you can't even hardly get near him like Adam the God...it just wouldn't be the same pale
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:50 pm

Jenna:

So who is going with me to Michigan when he has his solo shows after the tour? We can rent a huge bus to cart everyone there...LOL!
_________________




Jenna you know I sure in the hell will be there!!!!! Woot!!! Woot!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:56 pm

LOL another interview with the Sandy lady!



_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG



OMG!! You can SO TELL this girl is TOTALLY crushin on our Matty..its like she can't get close enough to him and she is flirting BIG time with him...but who can blame the girl!!! OMG!!! Does he not look so F'n FINE FINE FINE in that white fedora and leather jacket affraid

You guys is it just me or does anyone else just ENJOY watching him talk and joke around as much as his performing and singing...I swear he is such the TOTAL pkg that I could just watch him talk all day because he is soooo engaging and funny!! I mean don't get me wrong because I absolutely LOVE his singing (acourse) but he so has that "IT" factor that you can just get mesmerized by him and his personality...ok here I go again...i can't help myself..gush, gush gush!! albino
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Jenna Posted:

Another review from MJ's...a Anoop fan

Quote:
att- I love it when he’s up moving around on the stage more than when he’s on the piano because he has great stage presence. Again, I do not classify “You Found Me” as a mood killer since he did a great job on it and people around me seemed into it. People sit when it’s a slow song. My friend liked Matt the best from the first half.


I love Matt when he is moving around the stage but I'm IN love with Matt when he is on the piano! I have to say I was kind of shocked when the reviewer said she preferred him off of the piano. Guess different strokes for different folks right?



I have to say Jenna that I kinda agree with that girl about him moving around the stage..I can't say I ONLY like him when he is moving around the stage but I definitely think with his dance moves, his charsima, "his stylin" that it gets kinda somewhat hidin when he's behind the piano...I mean acourse I wanna hear him JAMMINNNN on that piano but I definitely think he needs to do about half and half to REALLY entertain the audiance and the GIRLS LOVE WHEN HE IS UP DANCING AROUND!!!! bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

avatar

Posts : 427
Join date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 pm

I just wanted to post a second comment from waterman40, who is an Adam fan AND NOW A MATT FAN! Very Happy He posted this over at the MyIdol forum (americanidol.com):

I wasn't a big Matt fan before during the season, but he was HOT last night. I didn't think he could do rock or play big arenas. Wow, what a talent, his performance
of the fray's "you found me" was better during in season [sic]. Easily the 2nd best artist of the night (behind Adam); I believe on tour you can see why so many of you liked him and knew he could do this. You have a big star on your hands.
cheers

Another convert to the Giraud Squad. I gotta say this guy almost sounded like he developed a "man crush" on Matt! LOL Wink
Again, people are leaving the concerts saying that Matt was one of the most memorable performances of the night. It is sooooo tempting to say "I told you so", but we really should wait until Matt has signed a record deal! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mattyg93

avatar

Posts : 562
Join date : 2009-05-14
Age : 36

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
I just wanted to post a second comment from waterman40, who is an Adam fan AND NOW A MATT FAN! Very Happy He posted this over at the MyIdol forum (americanidol.com):

I wasn't a big Matt fan before during the season, but he was HOT last night. I didn't think he could do rock or play big arenas. Wow, what a talent, his performance
of the fray's "you found me" was better during in season [sic]. Easily the 2nd best artist of the night (behind Adam); I believe on tour you can see why so many of you liked him and knew he could do this. You have a big star on your hands.
cheers

Another convert to the Giraud Squad. I gotta say this guy almost sounded like he developed a "man crush" on Matt! LOL Wink
Again, people are leaving the concerts saying that Matt was one of the most memorable performances of the night. It is sooooo tempting to say "I told you so", but we really should wait until Matt has signed a record deal! bounce

That's great to hear Riley! Yay. Yeah, I am dying to say I told you so but let's just wait until he signs that contract. Because he will get a deal now! I am so sure! bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:30 am

Far away but pretty good sound...

You Found Me


_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:59 am

Holy hot damn he killed Georgia in San Jose! Amazing video!



_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:12 am

Another You Found Me. Sound not as good




This is what the uploader said...
Quote :

I honestly believe that American Idol didn't do Matt justice. He is an INCREDIBLE talent. The man can sing and play a MEAN piano!

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG




Last edited by Jenna on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

avatar

Posts : 655
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:17 am

Oh my,you keep finding these wonderful videos,thank you! Makes me mad that I can't see that live.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:17 am

Tell Her About It and Group songs...good sound.




IMO in this video you can really hear how superior of a piano player Matt is compared to Scott.

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:24 am

First minute of Don't Stop Believin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQXIWq_MlEE



_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

avatar

Posts : 655
Join date : 2009-05-15

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 am

Another nice review from some lucky individual (AIboards):

"Matt Giraud's evening on stage was OUTSTANDING. He took on wordy "Hard to Handle" which he mastered). Even tho "Georgia..." is one of his personal favs, his set was descending in intensity. I've come to love "You Found Me" due to Matty's outpouring of heartfelt emotion. He really connects. Kudos! Waiting for a CD...."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:55 am

cranberry wrote:
Another nice review from some lucky individual (AIboards):

"Matt Giraud's evening on stage was OUTSTANDING. He took on wordy "Hard to Handle" which he mastered). Even tho "Georgia..." is one of his personal favs, his set was descending in intensity. I've come to love "You Found Me" due to Matty's outpouring of heartfelt emotion. He really connects. Kudos! Waiting for a CD...."

I had to go read this review myself and the same reviewer also said this...

Quote :
But wait -- the dueling pianists/singers Scott & Matty tore up the house pounding the ebony & ivories during their alternating solo parts. The crowd ate it up. The 3rd number - a

and this...

Quote :
Favorite Moments:
Scott sharing about Ryan Seacrest's 'High 5' heard 'round the world, Scott-Matt dueling pianos/solos and Danny dancing the salsa while singing.

Most Improved: Michael, Scott, Lil, Matt, Danny

Best Sets for Musical Choices/Performances (IMO): Lil Rounds, Scott McIntyre, Matt Giraud & Danny Gokey***with Kris Allen also honorable mention (exception: I'm not familiar with The Killers' song, but glad NB is gone).


The guy realy gave a great review...very detailed! Thanks for posting cranberry!

_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyfan

avatar

Posts : 651
Join date : 2009-05-13
Location : WA

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:54 am

My friend who is primarily a Kris fan went to the San Jose concert and told me this about Matt:

"He was a real entertainer at the concert! He did three solo songs then a few with the group, including a dueling piano bit with scott. He was obviously better at the piano than scott. He looks so effortless when he plays that piano. Sigh!
Of course he sang Georgia on my mind which was great, you've probably seen some vids on you tube. And the audience were really with him. We were on our feet!"

I love the video of You Found Me with all the arms and cellphones waving! The crowd obviously loved Matt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

avatar

Posts : 427
Join date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am

mattyfan wrote:
My friend who is primarily a Kris fan went to the San Jose concert and told me this about Matt:

"He was a real entertainer at the concert! He did three solo songs then a few with the group, including a dueling piano bit with scott. He was obviously better at the piano than scott. He looks so effortless when he plays that piano. Sigh!
Of course he sang Georgia on my mind which was great, you've probably seen some vids on you tube. And the audience were really with him. We were on our feet!"

I love the video of You Found Me with all the arms and cellphones waving! The crowd obviously loved Matt!

That's great feedback from a Kris fan. I have been reading mostly positive reviews from people who were fans of Adam, Danny, Kris and Allison. I knew Matt would win over the crowd if he picked the "right" songs, like Georgia on My Mind. Most people have been saying that they prefer Matt's piano style over Scott's. I think Scott is very talented also, but I have a feeling that Scott's stronger in classical music. Whereas Matt probably is stronger in pop/rock music, JMO. I love you And Matt has the SHOWMANSHIP to go with his MAD PIANO SKILLS! cheers

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention what I thought about the second picture of Matt that jenna posted on page 2 of this thread... Shocked WOW-WOW-WOW!
I don't want to sound crude, but was that photo taken in 3-D??? Matt, there ain't nothing small about you!

How do you expect me to concentrate after looking at that photo? All I can say is THANK YOU to the tour's stylists for helping Matt choose those PANTS! WOW-WOW-WOW! Are you sure this tour is appropriate for children? LOL Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
macigirl

avatar

Posts : 393
Join date : 2009-05-13

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:20 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
mattyfan wrote:
My friend who is primarily a Kris fan went to the San Jose concert and told me this about Matt:

"He was a real entertainer at the concert! He did three solo songs then a few with the group, including a dueling piano bit with scott. He was obviously better at the piano than scott. He looks so effortless when he plays that piano. Sigh!
Of course he sang Georgia on my mind which was great, you've probably seen some vids on you tube. And the audience were really with him. We were on our feet!"

I love the video of You Found Me with all the arms and cellphones waving! The crowd obviously loved Matt!

That's great feedback from a Kris fan. I have been reading mostly positive reviews from people who were fans of Adam, Danny, Kris and Allison. I knew Matt would win over the crowd if he picked the "right" songs, like Georgia on My Mind. Most people have been saying that they prefer Matt's piano style over Scott's. I think Scott is very talented also, but I have a feeling that Scott's stronger in classical music. Whereas Matt probably is stronger in pop/rock music, JMO. I love you And Matt has the SHOWMANSHIP to go with his MAD PIANO SKILLS! cheers

Oh, and I think I forgot to mention what I thought about the second picture of Matt that jenna posted on page 2 of this thread... Shocked WOW-WOW-WOW!
I don't want to sound crude, but was that photo taken in 3-D??? Matt, there ain't nothing small about you!

How do you expect me to concentrate after looking at that photo? All I can say is THANK YOU to the tour's stylists for helping Matt choose those PANTS! WOW-WOW-WOW! Are you sure this tour is appropriate for children? LOL Razz

Riley, that picture turns me into a limp, drooling fool! You know when you are meditating and you need to conjure up a relaxing picture in your mind to focus on. Well.....let me just say that the visual of my kids on the beach has been replaced!! Hot damn, Matt! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenna
Admin
avatar

Posts : 3847
Join date : 2009-05-09
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:21 pm


_________________
Matt is The American Idol!

twitter: @JennaSG


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lisa_M

avatar

Posts : 762
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 48
Location : Fort Wayne, IN

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:18 pm

OMG Jenna where do you find these awesome pics!!! Your the BEST!! This look with the white fedora is one of my favorite looks!!! He sooo rocks this LOOK!! cherry I love you Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Riley 9

avatar

Posts : 427
Join date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:34 pm

Thanks, jenna for going to a Kradam web site just to find Matt pictures! cheers

Now let's discuss the first photo. I can't believe someone brought a sign that said 'You Betta Twerk'! Very Happy Of course, his fans have been rewinding that video clip from AI Extra! Oh, and how could you miss Matt's ID card for the tour. It just happens to be clipped to his jeans, near his crotch, and the pass says 'ALL ACCESS'! OMG! How many of his fans would like an all access pass to Matt's body! Bad Girls for sure! Wink Ha-ha!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: San Jose, CA Show   

Back to top Go down
 
San Jose, CA Show
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Rhythm Night in San Jose
» Mr.Electric's "The White Metal Show"
» Eruption HI-FI: Award Show, Biltmore Ballroom, NYC. 1988
» 1960s "BATMAN" TV show
» Marley Marl's Rap Attack Show on WBLS 107.5 FM, December 1987

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: All Things Matt! :: Matt on the American Idol Tour: The Matt Show!-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum