Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano

Go down 
+4
Riley 9
peacehope
mattyg93
Jenna
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano Empty
PostSubject: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:13 pm

From MJ's

Quote :

” ‘Someone sure took a good pic of Scott and posted it. I’m surprised so many people said Matt was better on the piano than Scott. Scott had classical training.’

Quote :
“Scott strikes me as someone who is talented technically. Not really on vocals, but I’m sure he plays the piano very precisely. Matt has so much soul and funk and when he rocks out on the piano, it’s phenomenal. You can tell Matt plays to entertain people.”

Quote :
Scott has about some cds of his piano playing for sale on CD Baby, and you’re exactly right about his playing. I’ve played just about every single one of the pieces he has on the cds because they’re the ones that every piano teacher seems to assign to people who’ve had classical training for seven- or eight-plus years and a lot of the traditional contest pieces and such. And to the ear of someone who’s very familiar with them, at least, he plays them all very very accurately and with really steady rhythm and, to my ear, basically like a machine. A lot of the pieces are fairly technically tough, but I can’t hear anything organic or musical about his playing at all. Whereas Matt is just totally organic, his rhythm, his improvising, his musicality. It’s like night and day. That difference seems to be clearly evident on the tour. I feel as if Scott’s a *tiny* bit freer when he’s accompanying himself singing, but not by much.

I totally agree with this. sgr and I were talking about this the other day and she described Scott's piano playing perfectly in one word...robotic. It doesn't matter how much training someone has if the other person is a natural. Matt just has more musicality. Also IMO Matt has more passion and love for the piano than Scott. At least it appears that way when watching them play.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 9:16 pm

Some people are also talking about who deserves to be signed next and the consensus over there is Matt.

Quote :
I wonder what the labels are looking for: voice (Danny) or performer (Matt)

Quote :
I really hope Matt gets signed, too. He is very talented and has done a great job on tour. There’s a place out there for both Danny and Matt. I’m pretty sure Danny will be signed somewhere.

But if neither get signed, I guess they could always go indie and put out their “Christian rap album.” (Joke for those who follow Matt and Danny…others might not get it)

Quote :
Actually, for the rest of the idols who don’t have any recording contract yet, Matt is the most deserving to be next. Matt is good. I was impressed when I heard him live at Staples. He also showed some showmanship. No wonder, Adam said during their AI stint that he somewhat felt intimidated with Matt’s talent. Adam acknowledges Matt’s great talent.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 10:31 pm

Love all those comments.
To me Scott piano playing is just plain dull, boring. And sorry but I HATE his voice. It's so whiny and just annoying to hear.

Matt on the other hand, everything he does gives me the chills. So much soul in him, incredible voice to accompany and incredible piano player.

I am so positive now he will be the next to get signed. Yay! There's so much buzz around him lately how he can't not be signed now?
It's coming soon! Can't wait for that day!
Back to top Go down
peacehope

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:47 pm

Wow Jenna, those are both awesome posts! And basically, I agree with everything that was posted. The differences stated between Scott and Matt are spot on. And it goes without saying Matt should be signed next. The record labels are nuts to have not signed him by now.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:19 am

Yes, I agree with the comments that jenna found at MJ's. All season long, I've been thinking that Scott is a very gifted classical pianist, since he has been taking formal piano lessons all his life. However, American Idol is a pop music competition, and that's not exactly Scott's forte. On the other hand, Matt doesn't read music or have any formal lessons, so he tends to improvise more. Matt seems to be more versatile, easily performing in rock, soul, and R&B genres, but Scott is kind of stuck doing only adult contemporary. Not to bash Scott because I'm sure he would do very well in a classical music competition. Very Happy

It was difficult to compare Matt and Scott's style during the season because they never had to perform the same song, head-to-head. But when we finally got the chance to hear the Tell Her About It duet that was cut from the finale, the difference was crystal clear. I remember reading on another AI board that we should all go to Scott's MySpace page and listen to the MP3 he made of the rehearsal. I was blown away by the vocals and the piano skills of Matt, who sounded way better than Scott did on the same song, at the same time! cheers Other posters were saying that you could tell immediately who was playing which part of the piano duel, even without any video. And I was right-- Matt's version of the piano duel was more lively and energetic, while Scott's version was boring (IMO).

Matt just feels the music and knows what sounds right. He doesn't need to read sheet music to do that. He's a prodigy! I love you
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 7:37 pm

Riley, ita w/ "prodigy". I'd also like to add another adjective: MUSICAL GENIUS. People just don't normally have that kind of talent. The boy is truly blessed & amazing!
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:49 am

not to mention he's only been playing for 5 years!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:32 pm

crys7 wrote:

That's exactly why I think Matt didn't get enough credit while he was on the show. Crying or Very sad Everyone knew that Matt was a "dueling piano player" because that was the job description they put under his name. But I believe it was mentioned ONLY ONCE on the actual show that Matt taught himself, and it was only FOUR years before the audition. The only time it was mentioned (if I recall correctly) was when they showed Matt's audition in front of the judges in the Louisville episode. If casual AI viewers happened to miss that episode, they would have NO IDEA how incredible it was that Matt was playing at this level already! ONLY FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE AUDITION! I'm sorry, but that's friggin' unbelievable! Shocked

I also seem to recall that Scott started playing the piano when he was 2 or 3 years old, so he's had a lot more experience than Matt. Yet somehow, Matt is the one that's wowing the crowd at every concert! cheers
Back to top Go down
tonia

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:21 pm

From MJs

Then Matt and Scott play pianos on “Don’t Stop Believing”. Scott begins singing the verse and Matt finishes it. Of the two, I think they both sound good, but I prefer Matt’s singing over Scott’s. To me, it just sounded richer and fuller and more interesting. I also preferred Matt’s piano playing to Scott’s - more creative and energetic.

Of course, voice-wise Matt is way way ahead of Scott that I don't even want to compare. As for piano skills, Scott's was earned while Matt's is God's gift and it shows....
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
crys7 wrote:

That's exactly why I think Matt didn't get enough credit while he was on the show. Crying or Very sad Everyone knew that Matt was a "dueling piano player" because that was the job description they put under his name. But I believe it was mentioned ONLY ONCE on the actual show that Matt taught himself, and it was only FOUR years before the audition. The only time it was mentioned (if I recall correctly) was when they showed Matt's audition in front of the judges in the Louisville episode. If casual AI viewers happened to miss that episode, they would have NO IDEA how incredible it was that Matt was playing at this level already! ONLY FOUR YEARS BEFORE THE AUDITION! I'm sorry, but that's friggin' unbelievable! Shocked

I also seem to recall that Scott started playing the piano when he was 2 or 3 years old, so he's had a lot more experience than Matt. Yet somehow, Matt is the one that's wowing the crowd at every concert! cheers

I think we should start spreading the word about this cause I still don't think that many people know. I think it will only impress them more about Matt's skills. So from here on out, whenever I get a chance to comment on some of the reviews from newly converted matt fans, I'm gonna throw that in there as an extra tidbit of info. Then maybe some of the reporters might start recognizing his genius & start asking him questions about it.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Random.... I've noticed on "Tell Her ABout It" that during Scott's solo, Matt actually plays with him and makes him sound better. That's how awesome Matt is.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:01 pm

mattyfan wrote:
Random.... I've noticed on "Tell Her ABout It" that during Scott's solo, Matt actually plays with him and makes him sound better. That's how awesome Matt is.

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash Scott, but Matt really does bring up the quality of the "Tell Her About It" duet! Matt has stronger vocals, and his piano playing sounds technically more difficult (does that make sense?)! cheers

Also, I was looking for tour reviews on the My Idol forum today, and this is what one fan said about Matt (he/she put Matt in the top 3 performers, along with Adam and Kris). "Matt is a piano God!! He sounds great too."

I love you Woo-hoo! More love for Matt's piano skills, and I have noticed that a lot more people are saying that Matt's piano playing is better than Scott's!
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:44 am

it's working guys! I posted this on MJ's in a response to a review of a newly converted Matt Giraud fan. The second response is from someone who read my comment.

Quote :
crys
Aug 4th, 2009 at 1:38 am
EK

“Matt-I was blown away! Hard to handle was so entertaining especially when he started jamming on the piano. It was hot. Having played the piano since I was 6, Matt is a genius on the keyboard. Whatever he did on the show (TV) didn’t do him justice at all. He is quite a showman and I have just become a fan and would now go see him live on his solo tour. His voice also has improved quite a bit, transitioning from his lower register to falsetto seemed much more effortless now”

(My comment)
Great review! I just wanted to say something about Matt that I’m not sure many people know. He’s self taught and only been playing the piano for 5 years. I totally agree w/ your statement that he’s a genius on the keys. & I love his falsetto. His talent is amazing and God-given. I’m so proud of him! I hope he continues to impress you and so many others!

(comment from a second poster)
Janie
Aug 4th, 2009 at 1:56 am
"He’s self taught and only been playing the piano for 5 years".

REALLY?! He’s absolutely amazing … I didn’t know that so my admiration for him continues to grow. Matt’s a great entertainer and his set was so exciting!

It's working guys. Keep spreading the word!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 3:18 am

Awe that's great crys. Matt truly is amazing!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:40 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

Sorry, I'm not trying to bash Scott, but Matt really does bring up the quality of the "Tell Her About It" duet! Matt has stronger vocals, and his piano playing sounds technically more difficult (does that make sense?)! cheers

Also, I was looking for tour reviews on the My Idol forum today, and this is what one fan said about Matt (he/she put Matt in the top 3 performers, along with Adam and Kris). "Matt is a piano God!! He sounds great too."

I love you Woo-hoo! More love for Matt's piano skills, and I have noticed that a lot more people are saying that Matt's piano playing is better than Scott's!

Matt has innate talent, whereas Scott has "learned" piano skills. The 2 are very different and nothing more clearly shows it than having them on stage dueling! Innate talent wins over learned skills any day hands down. cheers for MattyG!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:05 pm

crys7 wrote:
it's working guys! I posted this on MJ's in a response to a review of a newly converted Matt Giraud fan. The second response is from someone who read my comment.

Quote :
crys
Aug 4th, 2009 at 1:38 am
EK

“Matt-I was blown away! Hard to handle was so entertaining especially when he started jamming on the piano. It was hot. Having played the piano since I was 6, Matt is a genius on the keyboard. Whatever he did on the show (TV) didn’t do him justice at all. He is quite a showman and I have just become a fan and would now go see him live on his solo tour. His voice also has improved quite a bit, transitioning from his lower register to falsetto seemed much more effortless now”

(My comment)
Great review! I just wanted to say something about Matt that I’m not sure many people know. He’s self taught and only been playing the piano for 5 years. I totally agree w/ your statement that he’s a genius on the keys. & I love his falsetto. His talent is amazing and God-given. I’m so proud of him! I hope he continues to impress you and so many others!

(comment from a second poster)
Janie
Aug 4th, 2009 at 1:56 am
"He’s self taught and only been playing the piano for 5 years".

REALLY?! He’s absolutely amazing … I didn’t know that so my admiration for him continues to grow. Matt’s a great entertainer and his set was so exciting!

It's working guys. Keep spreading the word!

Thanks for that post Crys! I'm sure not many people who aren't already big fans of Matt know that he's self taught and has been playing such a short time. That's bound to impress some people on MJ's!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano   Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting observation about Matt VS. Scott on the piano
Page 1 of 1