Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true

Go down 
+3
OvenMitt
Jenna
mattyg93
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true Empty
PostSubject: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:09 pm

From the Gwinnett Daily Post:

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=6&SubSectionID=84&ArticleID=62780
Please tell me the following report is wrong.

Quote :
Allen, Iraheta, Desai, MacIntyre and Sarver all have plans in the works to release albums coming off the tour.

After 'Idol'

Allen, Iraheta, Desai, MacIntyre and Sarver all have plans in the works to release albums coming off the tour.

Desai is in talks about a record deal.

"I hope that solidifies itself before the end of the summer," he said.

Iraheta's album is expected to drop in the fall, followed by Allen's in November. After starting work on his album as soon as he left "American Idol" after his elimination, MacIntyre is now about midway through production.

"I'm be scrambling as soon as I get off the road to tie up some loose ends and then it will be hitting in the fall," MacIntyre said. "It's all original music kind of along the lines of John Mayer, Gavin DeGraw. There's always a little Bruce Hornsby in the back there somewhere."

MacIntyre said fans can get a sneak peek of his upcoming album on his MySpace page at www.myspace.com/scottmacintyre.

Sarver plans to release his own album late next year, which he described as modern, soulful country.

"Before 'American Idol,' country music was never even the slightest thought in mind," Sarver said. "People are shocked to hear that, but I am actually not a country singer. I am a soul singer that has a country accent that happened to work on an oil rig and lives in Texas. So I fit the profile."

But Sarver will give his fans what they seem to want - country music - on his debut album

"I've embraced it and I've woven it in to what I am," Sarver said. "I'm writing country music right now and it's awesome and I love it."

WTF? Now even Anoop, Scott and Michael will have record deals and Matt doesn't?
Say what?

Matt 's the one who's been getting all these glowing reviews from critics along Allison, Adam and all those three (Anoop, Scott and Michael) now have record plans and Matt doesn't?
There really is something wrong in this world.
I am so disappointed.. Really. I can't believe no one is interested in signing Matt after what he's proven on this tour. I am so sad.

My only hope right now is that Matt wasn't available for this specific interview and the reporter doesn't have any idea about his future plans.
Anoop even said he is talks about a record deal, why can't Matt at least say something similar.
I am freakin out. Sorry. Can't help it.
Matt deserves a record deal more than any of the unsigned Idols. Just saying. Crying or Very sad

ETA: Guys what do you take from this article? Please tell me is inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:43 pm

Matty I'm sure most of the idols from this season will release a CD but that doesn't mean they have record deals. I know both Michael and Scott have their own recording studio's and have been recording music there and I seriously doubt Anoop will get a record deal before Matt.

We have no idea what Matt has on the table. For all we know he could be talking to many record labels. None of the idols who are not with 19Evil can sign a deal until August 20.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Eh, no. Just no.

For Scott and Sarver's part, they both have recording equipment in their homes. And if they are actually making more than some homegrown demo, then it's prolly by a tiny indie label.

Anoop? Eh, MAYBE he's got some plans, but he's nowhere near as marketable as Matt.

No, no, I don't believe that these guys have offers and Matt doesn't. I honestly think that Matt doesn't want to say anything about unsolidified offers. Come on, thinking rationally, it would be an impossibility that Matt would be overlooked for......Sarver? No, not happening!

It's gonna be a nervewracking 20 days until we know anything more, but I have no doubt in my mind that Matt has been approached. More than approached, ROMANCED by at least one label! He's arguably the most God-given talented person AI's EVER seen, and if even one record exec can't see that, then I guess we've all just gone through the looking-glass!
Back to top Go down
tonia

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:02 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Eh, no. Just no.

For Scott and Sarver's part, they both have recording equipment in their homes. And if they are actually making more than some homegrown demo, then it's prolly by a tiny indie label.

Anoop? Eh, MAYBE he's got some plans, but he's nowhere near as marketable as Matt.

No, no, I don't believe that these guys have offers and Matt doesn't. I honestly think that Matt doesn't want to say anything about unsolidified offers. Come on, thinking rationally, it would be an impossibility that Matt would be overlooked for......Sarver? No, not happening!

It's gonna be a nervewracking 20 days until we know anything more, but I have no doubt in my mind that Matt has been approached. More than approached, ROMANCED by at least one label! He's arguably the most God-given talented person AI's EVER seen, and if even one record exec can't see that, then I guess we've all just gone through the looking-glass!

I agree! I don't think we have anything to worry about. Matt's amazing talents have already been proven from this tour. The rest of 'em can hoot and toot about their deals, it doesn't prove anything. Matt is still more talented than any of them (including Adam). I think it's just a matter of time when Matt will FINALLY decide which contract to sign from the MANY that's being laid out on the table for him. This is my dream scenario which I have a feeling is not far from reality. Again, I'm not worried! We'll see and hear more MATT in the near future!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:13 pm

tonia wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Eh, no. Just no.

I agree! I don't think we have anything to worry about. Matt's amazing talents have already been proven from this tour. The rest of 'em can hoot and toot about their deals, it doesn't prove anything. Matt is still more talented than any of them (including Adam). I think it's just a matter of time when Matt will FINALLY decide which contract to sign from the MANY that's being laid out on the table for him. This is my dream scenario which I have a feeling is not far from reality. Again, I'm not worried! We'll see and hear more MATT in the near future!

Ditto Tonia! Very well put! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:29 pm

Oh HELL No!!

IA about both Sarver and Scott, I don't think that they have been approached, which is why they may feel more free to discuss their record plans for the future (it's all self, or close to self produced). IDK about Anoop, I figured he would be offered something by a smaller label, he has enough of a dedicated fanbase from what I have seen, and is just original enough to have moderate success if played right, but if he does have something in the works, whatever it is, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Matt has been approached. This news on Anoop actually makes me MORE excited about Matt, because as someone stated, Matt has a larger fanbase, more marketability, and has been generating crazy good buzz on par with the top 3. We all have to remember that these execs are business people first, they are thinking in terms of who will have the most success and make them the most money, they know that Matt has more of a chance than Anoop. So if Anoop has something, then you better believe that Matt does too...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Guys.. Thanks for the reassurance.
I want to apologize once again for overreacting.

I guess I just want to hear more definite news from Matt's camp already. I know I am stressing over nothing.
All of you guys are absolutely right!There's no way in hell that Anoop, Scott and Michael might get signed before Matt. NO WAY.
He must have some major bigwigs interested in him. Remember the Memphis show and the Club Suite! All the talk was about Matt before intermission.

I bet Anoop's offer if he does have one, is with a small label and Scott and Michael will be self producing their CD's. That's the only logical explanation I can come up with.

Matt's been so stellar on this tour everywhere I read people want Matt to be the next one signed!
He deserves it so much!

I mean his talent , marketability, piano playing, and incredible soulful vocals are reason enough for a label to be interested.
I will set my mind for an Aug 20th and/or September. I guess we will hear something by then. I HOPE.
Matt is too talented to be passed on. sunny
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:23 pm

I agree with what the others have posted before me. Perhaps it was Michael, Scott and Anoop who were available to the press that day. I noticed that not only was Matt not mentioned, but neither was Danny. And we've been hearing about Danny's meetings in Nashville for two months now. Rolling Eyes Honestly, Matt and Danny are the ones most likely to sign a record deal at this point. Both have proven to have solid fan bases, and both have received positive reviews from critics and fans at the concerts. Of course, I think Matt should be signed first! cheers

Oh, and why are Michael and Scott trying to emulate Gavin DeGraw all of a sudden? It was MATT who said all along that he wanted to do soulful rock/piano rock like Gavin! GRRRR... Mad
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:23 am

I agree Riley that those were most likely the only idols interviewed that day, which is why they were the only one's mentioned. Anoop's deal seems kinda tentative as it is, which is why I would imagine he doesn't really say much out side of the regulatory "I'm talking to people" only this time "possible record deal" was insinuated so the article ran with that. I doubt Anoop will have any material ready by this fall (he still seems uncertain about whether or not he'll have a definitive label by fall), and I HIGHLY doubt his prospects are better than Matt's, So...But at least this gives Anoop's fans something to hold on to and run with for right now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true   I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am so anxious right now! Please tell me this is not true
Page 1 of 1