Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. Empty
PostSubject: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:18 am

First Joe King from The Fray and now Matt Kearney?

I'm still bitter that by winning Idol, Kris stole Matt's chance to work with artists that would have made much better collaborations with Matt's piano playing and more exciting vocals.
From MJ's:
Quote :
The Idols had the day off Monday–but not Kris Allen who was spotted in Nashville Monday, reportedly for a songwriting session with singer/songwriter Mat Kearney.

Here’s the evidence, via a twitter exchange between Kris and Mat:

From @KrisAllen4Real: Hey @Matkearney, how about that song we wrote?
From @Matkearney: @KrisAllen4Real, I thought it was pretty sweet, but I’m sitting next to you, so…

Mat Kearney is a Christian singer songwriter whose 2006 album,Nothing Left to Lose, crossed over to the mainstream. Perhaps you’ve heard the title track.

His songs have been used in television shows like Grey’s Anatomy, Bones and One Tree Hill. His latest album, City of Black & White, was recorded in Nashville, The album’s first single, “Closer to Love”, was released earlier this year.

Along with Kearney, Kris has also co-written material with Joe King of the Fray for his upcoming post-Idol album, due sometime this fall.

Sigh.. If only Kris would have not made the Top 13.
Sorry but I still think he stole Matt's place. Yes, I am still bitter, shoot me. OK. End of rant.
I just needed to vent this.

Hopefully when Matt is signed and he will be! he gets the chance to work with even better artists. Colbie Caillat and John Mayer anyone?

Wink
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:03 am

Agree completely. I was just tweeting about the same subject. I am going to continue to call Kris, Matt Light.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 8:04 am

sgr91 wrote:
Agree completely. I was just tweeting about the same subject. I am going to continue to call Kris, Matt Light.

Extremely light!!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:47 am

Wow, Matt Light is tame compared to what I call him!

You know, I get bummed hearing about these "amazing" artists that Kris gets to work with, but then I realize something. There are tons of amazing artists out there, and Matt already knows some of them! Matt has made his own connections to talented musicians, and I know he will be able to create something special either with or without those people.

As for Kris, yeah, I still think he lucked out in a huge way, but he really NEEDED to win Idol to make a career for himself. Matt got 5th place and is getting a bigger reaction on tour than Kris. So, let him "collaborate" with these folks. If he's gotta have a different hot musician for each track he records, then maybe the reality of simply Kris Allen by himself isn't very thrilling. Matt Giraud all alone with a mic and a piano, however, well, that's just magical.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:52 am

OvenMitt wrote:
Wow, Matt Light is tame compared to what I call him!

You know, I get bummed hearing about these "amazing" artists that Kris gets to work with, but then I realize something. There are tons of amazing artists out there, and Matt already knows some of them! Matt has made his own connections to talented musicians, and I know he will be able to create something special either with or without those people.

As for Kris, yeah, I still think he lucked out in a huge way, but he really NEEDED to win Idol to make a career for himself. Matt got 5th place and is getting a bigger reaction on tour than Kris. So, let him "collaborate" with these folks. If he's gotta have a different hot musician for each track he records, then maybe the reality of simply Kris Allen by himself isn't very thrilling. Matt Giraud all alone with a mic and a piano, however, well, that's just magical.

Ah so true, so true!
Well put!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 9:54 am

Ooh, but here's another silver lining:

Gavin DeGraw's still up for grabs! I can deal with all these other people working with Kris (Tedder's monotonous, I can't stand The Fray, and IDK who the hell Mat Kearney is), but he'd better not dare try Gavin. I don't actually think Gavin would want to be affiliated with any Idol productions from what I've heard, but if he worked with Kris I'd lose it. That's the line in the sand for me.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:35 am

OvenMitt wrote:

Gavin DeGraw's still up for grabs! I can deal with all these other people working with Kris (Tedder's monotonous, I can't stand The Fray, and IDK who the hell Mat Kearney is), but he'd better not dare try Gavin. I don't actually think Gavin would want to be affiliated with any Idol productions from what I've heard, but if he worked with Kris I'd lose it. That's the line in the sand for me.

You know Oven Mitt I was just thinking about Gavin! Can you imagine him and Matt working together? So cool! The two piano men! They could really cook something awesome.
I hope when Matt gets signed someone like Colbie, Gavin or John Mayer get to work with him..

I just know after all this great buzz Matt's been receiving on tour something great will happen! Smile
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:

You know Oven Mitt I was just thinking about Gavin! Can you imagine him and Matt working together? So cool! The two piano men! They could really cook something awesome.
I hope when Matt gets signed someone like Colbie, Gavin or John Mayer get to work with him..

I just know after all this great buzz Matt's been receiving on tour something great will happen! Smile

I think Gavin MAY BE interested in Matt. He went to see the AI Finale for the first time ever this year. If he can only see the tour, Matt would definitely stand out for him. I've been tweeting him to get Matt to open for him on tour. I think we should all campaign for this! These two artists are complementary, much more so than The Fray or One Republic could be with Matt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.   Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kris is working with all the people I wanted Matt to work with.
Page 1 of 1