Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?

Go down 
+6
hazuki
cranberry
pebbles87
Lana
Janizzle
OvenMitt
10 posters
AuthorMessage
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? Empty
PostSubject: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:49 am

It's almost August 20th.

We all know what happens on August 20th, don't we?

In case anyone reading this has been on Mars for the past month, August 20th is the day that the Idols are released from their contracts. I am personally so nervous I wanna hurl. There are so many thoughts running through my head about this! What if 19 tries to keep Matt in their clutches? What if NOBODY wants to meet with Matt except some janky-ass indie label? What if Matt announces he's dropping a single with Lindsay Lohan or something? I keep switching back and forth every day, one moment thinking he'll announce some wonderful negociation with a major label, the next thinking terrible thoughts. I'm worried like I'm his freakin' mom!

Anyone have any hunches? Thoughts? Two cents? Speculations? Let's work this out together, people!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 am

I can't believe I've forgotten about this! Probably because my show is August 20....hmm maybe I can get a hint from him before the show on Thursday??

Well, Matt has finally said the magic word of "meetings" in an interview...but who is he meeting with? 19?? I don't know how to feel. I think Matt has a lot to offer any record label, but 19 has too many people to deal with...not just Kradison but Jordin, the Davids, Daughtry, etc...could it really work?

I want to believe in the Colbie Callait connection. He did say he wants to do a single with her....was that wishful thinking, or maybe a hint to his diehards? I wouldn't mind Matt being at least featured on a couple of songs before he can come out with an album. Give me something, at least!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:12 am

FINALLY a post on the thoughts that have been plauging me the last week!! I almost wish the 20th wasn't so close (I need more time to prepare) but on the other hand this waiting can be brutal.

There have been so many rumors flying around about the other idols and possible deals: Danny (of course) this recent Anoop thing, and I even have been hearing snip bits about MICHAEL!! Unfortunately, though buzz for Matt is great, outside of his fanbase I haven't heard any rumors about him being approached for a deal yet. And him being so focused on this YOBI project scares me a little because it makes me think that his time after tour will be dedicated largely to that instead of recording.

Idk...I am about 90% sure that we will get news on Danny pretty soon, but I am less certain about Matt. I agree ovenmitt, that some days it feels like there is NO WAY that Matt can be passed over, and others where it seems like landing a deal would be impossible (even for someone as great as matt). The music industry is so unpredictable. On paper Matt would seem like a way safer bet than Danny Gokey, but Danny has had more popularity and is closer to being signed. Also, WHO WOULD RISK SIGNING ANOOP DESAI OR MICHAEL SARVER AND NOT MATT GIRAUD? I can't begin to understand the minds of record execs...

My thoughts on this are a jumbled mess, I guess we just wait it out til thursday, and whatever news Matt gives us.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 am

Miss Leah, I think this is a topic you and I have discussed probably more than anything else..... and we talk ALOT! lol

It is like a roller coaster, we've been convinced of 17 different outcomes and none of them have come true so far! As far as these other Idols are concerned: this Danny thing is odd, we've been hearing about his "record deal" or whatever the hell that kid keeps talking about FOREVER and haven't heard anything yet and that seems kind of odd.... if it were with 19, I'm pretty sure it would have been announced by now and he would be well on his way to finishing his album (we all know how quick 19 churns out these Idols albums). Now, Im pretty sure Michael is just indepentently releasing his own album, or on a rinky dink label.... something we DONT want for Matt anyway. More power to ya Sarge! The Anoop thing is confusing to me but I havent done much research into it yet so who knows!

Now Matt..... I know I've been convinced of everything from Warner to Atlantic to signing with 19 to him personalizing all his tweets to me as some "I got a record deal code" (what? lol) I think Janelle (birthday girl!) is on to something with him FINALLY talking about meetings he's been in about his future. I've always wondered why Scott, when he's not stuffing his face with food, is always twittering about "meetings" and all these other Idols have too but no Matt! It always struck me as odd. And who knows, until he started saying he was in these meetings, we didnt have any other proof that he was even TALKING to people about a record deal...... so maybe there are other things he's been able to keep super quiet....

ok, my return to the forum is complete..... Leah, CHILL GIRLFRIEND! Smile
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:38 am

I am definetely going for the major lable and other than19E. The glowing reviews and the tone of that new interview make me not worry, he being quiet about meetings and getting a record deal earlier and now saying it out.. I wait to read an official announcement from a major lable site that Matt is being signed. I won´t believe that when there are one-hit-wonders built with efforts , a man with all the raw talent and showmanship can be passed. Not in a million years.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:52 am

Okay, Janelle, I feel you on the Colbie thing.

A couple of weeks ago, I was sleuthing that possibility, as Colbie has an album dropping soon (or maybe it did drop. It's in August, is all I know!). There's some deluxe version of the album coming out that has bonus tracks on it, and of course I immediately thought that Matt would somehow be involved. I feel like that jam session she had with Scott, Danny and Matt was some sort of audition. It's so hard to come to any conclusions, though, because we can only piece together snippets of interviews and comments he's made to attempt to decipher things.

I keep hoping that perhaps Matt is just being subtle or coy about what's really going on because of contractual obligations. Who knows if that's true, but it's my hope anyway. Lord knows he's got some good connections, connections that I haven't heard any other unsigned Idols mention. So, even if nothing is announced on Thursday, or anytime in the near future, Matt still has people in his corner.

And Kayla, you know I'm trying to chill. But it's hard to be chill when it comes to Matt freakin' Giraud. I dork out about that guy.
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:31 pm

I am not too worried Smile
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Matt is wise. We all know he has a ton of connections with artists...but he doesn't go around flaunting who he has talked to. I think that is part of the reason he has been able to make such good friends in the music industry, already. He knows his boundaries and what he can/cannot discuss.
I have a pretty good feeling that Matt definitely has had offers and will in-fact be flooded with deals after things settle down. He's just too good. And I think the tour reviews have all reached a consensus - that Matt Giraud rocks! We may not hear anything Aug. 20th, but once tour is over and he gets some down time...the calls will be coming. Smile
And I know some people are worried about the Yobi thing side-tracking him from working on an album, etc. But I personally think there is a lot of good that can come out of him giving back to other artists. First of all, it'll keep his name out there - immediately after tour, he won't get lost in the mix or fall out of people's minds - this competition thing, will keep people connected to seeing Matt and keeping up with what he's doing. Also, it puts Matt in the "credibility" spotlight. He's going to be the one giving advice, mentoring and encouraging other musicians. This has got to come across well for record label execs. But then again, as a singer...this is pretty much a dream come true competition for me! haha. So maybe I'm a little biased. Wink

Anyway, I think it would be great for us to attempt getting #SignMattGiraud trending on August 20th. Just sayin'! Thanks to slick7 for that wonderful idea! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:07 pm

I too agree that Matt doesn't have to be bragging or anything about getting a record contract......I think he's still in awe about where he is now and how he's gotten here. His journey has been incredible so I would assume he's just taking everything in one day at a time....like he should be! Enjoying the tour, sight seeing all these awesome places across the country and just saaaanging his little heart out to his fans. I'm still definitely crossing my fingers for him though!

But the reason why I did post in this, was Megan's most recent tweet: "ps...some cool stuff is supposed to go down for me soon, keep fingers crossed Smile" I do like Megan, I really do....but does anyone else interpret this as a record deal?
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:34 pm

I HIGHLY doubt that the tweet from megan meant Record deal. I have watched enough of Megan's recent interviews to know that getting a record contract is not something that even she herself seriously considers possible right now. She talks a lot about acting and modeling and how those two options are looking more plausible for her, so I imagine that her news would be along those lines...

Good luck to her in whatever she does. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm

We might have to wait it out like Jason Castro but good things come to those who wait. Of course, we want it yesterday but I am willing to go the distance Wink

I do agree that he is too dang talented to not be collaborating with a few folk. Maybe the record deal will be later but I bet he will be turning up on the keys for some big musicians! Mark my words!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:48 am

I am torn on this subject, sometimes I think Matt has things lined up and sometimes I'm not so sure. I thinks he wants and deserves a music career the most out the remaining top 10 that have not signed. There are alot of true artists out there that have taken notice of Matt. Now if nothing happens immediately after Aug 20 I don't think we should freak - but the sooner the better because I can't wait to get a new CD of Matt's! But i'm saying my prayers for him, because he has worked so hard, has come so far and he really pours his mind, body and soul into his music.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?   It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's almost August 20th. What are we thinking people?
Page 1 of 1