Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest

Go down 
+9
Lisa_M
cecilie
hazuki
OvenMitt
Cacity87
Lana
cranberry
sgr91
Jenna
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest Empty
PostSubject: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:23 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09231/991833-388.stm

Quote :
Giraud hasn't gotten label interest yet, but last week somehow "Sign Matt Giraud" became the No. 3 trending topic on Twitter. One thing he does have in the works is a deal to host a national online singer-songwriter contest called "Make the Cut" (www.yobi.tv./), and he plans to release an album, label or not.

Don't have much to say right now. This just makes me sad and a little sick. WTF? Positive thoughts are a little hard right now but I know he will be fine. He will get a label but if the unthinkable happens and he doesn't he will still be very successful. Love you Matt with or without a label.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 11:52 am

I'm kind of at a loss as to what to say. I have to accept that this information came from Matt directly since the rest of the article focuses on him and has quotes from him. If that's the case, I too have some unsolicited advice for Matt. First of all, use some of that money from the tour to hire an amazing publicist/agent. Stay positive. Make people believe that you are in high demand - even if it isn't necessarily true. Perception is reality in this business so don't answer questions about label interest directly with a no. It starts making the rounds.
I have been one of the more positive people on the subject of his being signed -and I will remain so. I will always use the mantra of it took Jason Castro a year to get signed and I don't know if he had interest this early in the tour. I know his fans will do anything possible to try and help him but this is a crazy business and I hope that he has the right people around him to help him through this.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:06 pm

I will stay positive and wait for his album. And watch his Yobi stuff and twitter and participate all kind of grass root there is to join.
The link didn´t work for me and I couldn´t find the article. Was it from today?
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 pm

Well we pretty much knew this already didn't we? He did that interview a while ago saying this same thing and how he would self produce an album if it had to come to that- hence why we all decided to trend #signmattgiraud. IDK and that was a little while ago so who knows what may have happened between then and now (this was all before they did the New York shows). So maybe he set in New york, or maybe even us Trending got him a little attention between then and now...I'm grasping at straws, I know and I'll stop now.

I will try to stay positive as well. I believe so much in Matt's talent that I truly believe he'll do something, and have music out. Even if it takes a little while. I'm a fan, and I'll ride this through with him.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm still more than positive about Matt's record label future. I just KNOW that he'll be picked up by someone. The best thing he can do is just continue maintaining a very SOLID fanbase and keeping his name out in the public. No worries...I believe we, as fans, can help propel Matt's career. Grassroots-style. And what equates success for an Idol contestant anyway? Knowing you have a solid fanbase that will back you through everything or being picked up by a label and focusing all your energy into making an album, that you never really connect with the fans that got you there in the first place (i.e. Ruben, Fantasia, watch out...ADAM). No, Matt has it right...he cares more about pleasing his fans and giving us the best performance he knows how to. The album may come later than some others...but it'll be worth the wait (ala Jason Castro Smile )

We also need to keep in mind that right now Matt is in the clutches of 19E. He is unable to sit down and discuss things other than the tour (as if he has time to discuss anything else!) I am pretty certain Matt had to get permission from 19E to even begin advertising his participation in the Yobi thing! And maybe I'm alone, but I think 19 is allowing Matt to share what he'll be doing post-Idol - because they want him to succeed. It's good publicity for Matt to share that he'll be involved with things after Idol. Trust me, the labels will be calling when they continue seeing his name out there. I also think once Matt has time - he can begin sharing some of his original songs on YouTube or something. Just to advertise that he's making music. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:55 pm

Someone posted this entire article in another thread, and after reading it, I still feel the same as I did before. I think Matt is gonna be fine! It seemed like it was written about a week ago anyway, so who knows what has happened since? Even if Matt has been having down-low meetings or conversations or coffee with record people, is he even allowed to mention it? I guess all will be revealed soon enough. But I'm not heartbroken over this article. Matt will forge ahead and make his music, it's just gonna require some patience on all of our parts. These days, people want everything yesterday, and if we actually have to wait for something, anticipate it, we get antsy and frustrated. I mean, life would be easy if we were Kradison fans: they are gonna get their albums in hand before the new year (and they'll probably stop listening to them before Valentine's Day!), and then it will be time to salivate over a new crop of Idols. That's the nature of Idol. If Matt can detach from the Idol thing after tour, and make a legitimate name for himself in the industry, then that will be worth all the waiting and worrying. I can wait for the kind of music I know Matt will make given some time and hard work.
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:04 pm

The only guy who having buzz around him during the tour without a lable, is Matt. He's been getting fairly great amount of reviews. I don't believe for a second that he hasn't have any interest, like Cacity said, hes under a contract and probably cant say anything, so he's probably being very secretive. Let me remind you that he has said the word "meetings" in an interview, so just by that I am implying he has label interest, but hes waiting for the right time to say it.

Matt will get signed, but it will take some time. #signmattgiraud tomorrow on twitter.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:16 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
And what equates success for an Idol contestant anyway? Knowing you have a solid fanbase that will back you through everything or being picked up by a label and focusing all your energy into making an album, that you never really connect with the fans that got you there in the first place (i.e. Ruben, Fantasia, watch out...ADAM). No, Matt has it right...he cares more about pleasing his fans and giving us the best performance he knows how to. The album may come later than some others...but it'll be worth the wait (ala Jason Castro Smile )

Well put cacity! I compl agree.
I am so happy that Matt is not in Kris's shoes right now. Matts album will def be worth the wait and it will be an album that truly reflects him as the artist that he wants to be.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:53 pm

cranberry wrote:
I will stay positive and wait for his album. And watch his Yobi stuff and twitter and participate all kind of grass root there is to join.
The link didn´t work for me and I couldn´t find the article. Was it from today?

uh ya...Ditto on what cranberry said! Lol...I love Matt and will support him no matter what...I'm there forever for him and I know he will be fine. I love you Him so much!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:11 pm

I also feel Matt's career will be fine. It may not be fast-track but he'll have a great, solid career out of this. The record deal will come! And the touring! Don't forget tomorrow #signmattgiraud
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:40 pm

From Mjs:

Maybe the reason Danny was so good in Boston last night is that he’s really happy and relieved. In a telephone interview with The Morning Call to promote the “American Idols Live” tour’s stop tomorrow at Wachovia Center in Philadelphia, he said he had a record deal but he declined to give details.

“I’ve been told to keep my mouth kind of quiet about it,’ Gokey said of the coming announcement. “So that’s our little secret. It’s gotta be done properly; they’re not going to start talking about it.”

And I guess that answers that about Danny...
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:54 pm

Just read this from someone posting on the AI forums under Matt's thread. Her Avi was a pic of Adam.....

Aug 17, 2009 -- 7:56PM, stellagirl2000 wrote:

Wow! He really tore up the piano and his vocals were fantastic! It seems like he needed to escape the confines of the television show and is now busting loose on tour. Simply awesome!

To all you Matt fans, you were on to something special right from the beginning, I'll be looking for his CD when it comes out. If I hadn't gone to the concert I never would have thought about picking up his CD.
My fave was his Georgia On My Mind, it was mind-blowing. I didn't have a backstage pass, but a friend did and she told me that Matt was an absolute sweetheart. He was asked about signing a record deal, and he told her that he was talking with a couple of labels. So that's good news for him.

Much love to Matt, big hugs everyone from Stellagirl in Toronto, Canada.

First of all - very nice post from an Adam fan, and second of all....wtf about Matt telling her friend that he was talking with a couple of labels!! Can't know for sure if that's true of course, but me likey!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:02 pm

pasnthru wrote:
Just read this from someone posting on the AI forums under Matt's thread. Her Avi was a pic of Adam.....

Aug 17, 2009 -- 7:56PM, stellagirl2000 wrote:

Wow! He really tore up the piano and his vocals were fantastic! It seems like he needed to escape the confines of the television show and is now busting loose on tour. Simply awesome!

To all you Matt fans, you were on to something special right from the beginning, I'll be looking for his CD when it comes out. If I hadn't gone to the concert I never would have thought about picking up his CD.
My fave was his Georgia On My Mind, it was mind-blowing. I didn't have a backstage pass, but a friend did and she told me that Matt was an absolute sweetheart. He was asked about signing a record deal, and he told her that he was talking with a couple of labels. So that's good news for him.

Much love to Matt, big hugs everyone from Stellagirl in Toronto, Canada.

First of all - very nice post from an Adam fan, and second of all....wtf about Matt telling her friend that he was talking with a couple of labels!! Can't know for sure if that's true of course, but me likey!!!

That's great pasnthru. I just can't believe that labels aren't interested in Matt. Maybe I am biased but I honestly don't think so. The guy lights up that stage. Combine his stage presence/charisma with his smoky vocals, incredible musicianship, cool young vibe, and the ability to move that body and he is a gold mine! WTH else could a record label want? He is young, hot, hip, and ultra talented. He will be signed!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 8:41 pm

"I didn't have a backstage pass, but a friend did and she told me that Matt was an absolute sweetheart. He was asked about signing a record deal, and he told her that he was talking with a couple of labels. So that's good news for him."

OMG!! I don't want put all of my faith into the validity of this poster or her friend, but this is the best thing that I have heard regarding Matt and a possible record deal for a long while. Idk...I wish he would just tell us something (either way) so that I wouldn't have so many ups and downs...
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 12:45 am

Lana wrote:
"I didn't have a backstage pass, but a friend did and she told me that Matt was an absolute sweetheart. He was asked about signing a record deal, and he told her that he was talking with a couple of labels. So that's good news for him."

OMG!! I don't want put all of my faith into the validity of this poster or her friend, but this is the best thing that I have heard regarding Matt and a possible record deal for a long while. Idk...I wish he would just tell us something (either way) so that I wouldn't have so many ups and downs...

Ok - i don't get this - why all these mixed signals? Meetings, then nothing, now maybe something..well we just have to be patient and wait this out. Talk about being in limbo here!!!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:46 pm

I just watched Megan's interview with Slezak and it made me realize something. Maybe we are all just defining this idea of success wrong. At least for Matt it's wrong. We have been so obsessed with Matt signing to a major record label that we tend to forget that Signing to a mjaor label may not even be the ultimate goal.

What if, just what if, instead he signs to an indie label. Someone who truly appreciates having Matt because they know he is such a big talent and already has incredible exposure and has had the expirence of a nation wide tour, and considerable selling singles on i-tunes. An artist like Matt signed to an indie label would take some priority, and they may be more willing to bend and allow him free reign of his artistic tendencies. Not to mention that Matt would be able to take more time with an album, put alot of heart and himself into it, and thus the music he produces would have greater quality because it has more soul and heart.

Megan stated that success for her was being able to take care of her son, tour and play for fans (even if it is just a hand full of them) and continue to make good music. More than once I have heard Matt state that his goal is to make good music. Signed to an indie (or major because there is still that possibility for him) will allow him to make music and tour. I don't feel like Matt is the type who needs to be a multi-million dollar recording artist, with a huge mansion in hollywood, and tons of papps stalking him for a picture. Just making his music and getting it out there enough so that his fans can buy and continue to enjoy him, and enough for him to gain new fans and to expand on an already considerable fanbase may well be all he wants.

He is in the position right now to do alot of this on his own. It seems like after tour he will start on his own solo shows, and maybe even sometime before May of next year, he'll have an album out. As long as he is happy, can support himself and live comfortably (even if he can have a nice place in LA) make his music, do shows for fans, and tour I'm sure he'll consider himself more than successful.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:37 pm

Lana wrote:
I just watched Megan's interview with Slezak and it made me realize something. Maybe we are all just defining this idea of success wrong. At least for Matt it's wrong. We have been so obsessed with Matt signing to a major record label that we tend to forget that Signing to a mjaor label may not even be the ultimate goal.

What if, just what if, instead he signs to an indie label. Someone who truly appreciates having Matt because they know he is such a big talent and already has incredible exposure and has had the expirence of a nation wide tour, and considerable selling singles on i-tunes. An artist like Matt signed to an indie label would take some priority, and they may be more willing to bend and allow him free reign of his artistic tendencies. Not to mention that Matt would be able to take more time with an album, put alot of heart and himself into it, and thus the music he produces would have greater quality because it has more soul and heart.

He is in the position right now to do alot of this on his own. It seems like after tour he will start on his own solo shows, and maybe even sometime before May of next year, he'll have an album out. As long as he is happy, can support himself and live comfortably (even if he can have a nice place in LA) make his music, do shows for fans, and tour I'm sure he'll consider himself more than successful.

I like your way of thinking!!
And I think the reason that I want him to be huge is purely selfish - he will be on tours and I'll get to see him in Denmark lol
Actually I have always thought that his personality suits a smaller scale of stardom - don't know if I express myself clearly here - but he seems to actually want to know his fans, to be able to remember some of them, to continue to interact with them. I actually can't imagine him hide in dark limo and sneaking his way into a venue surrounded by bodyguards, and tons of paps. But it is just, that to me he has the the talent, the looks and charms to be a megastar - I think that he outsings tons, and tons of famous singers/artists - so I just think he belongs on that pedestal - he is just that amazing!!!
But that is not necessarily the same as him wanting all that.. Just one thing though I would be heartbroken if he did not release any new songs - I absolutely adore this guy and his music!!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Lana & Cecilie - I agree with both of you!

I think about the music industry a lot and I've come to realize that success in a music career is really dependent on the individual person. Each person has their own dreams, goals and ideas of what they call a success. It appears that Matt has stated, over and over, that his idea of success is humble. I don't know if he's saying that just because he isn't confident in all he can do? Or because he truly would be happy with a humble music career. I am going to choose to just support what he wants and help him achieve that however I can.

Maybe we should make another thread and title it, "Matt's Dream of Success in Music" and start adding things to it as we hear him say it? Smile For example, I recall him saying he would love to play small venues around the country. I've heard him say he'd love to have a solid, dedicated fanbase. Etc. Once we see what his goals are...then we can help promote and help him achieve them. But I think we are all just a little confused at what exactly the goal is right now.

I think getting Matt signed to a record label has been our #1 priority so far. And that is DEFINITELY important and would be amazing! But, I'm ready to start thinking of things we can do if that doesn't happen...for say, a year (like Jason). What can we do in the meantime to help support his career?
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:57 pm

Lana wrote:

Megan stated that success for her was being able to take care of her son, tour and play for fans (even if it is just a hand full of them) and continue to make good music. More than once I have heard Matt state that his goal is to make good music. Signed to an indie (or major because there is still that possibility for him) will allow him to make music and tour. I don't feel like Matt is the type who needs to be a multi-million dollar recording artist, with a huge mansion in hollywood, and tons of papps stalking him for a picture. Just making his music and getting it out there enough so that his fans can buy and continue to enjoy him, and enough for him to gain new fans and to expand on an already considerable fanbase may well be all he wants.

Your post kind of explained why I have not been desperate for a while. He has the music in him and he is going to get it out one way or another. Hasn´t he always said in interviews that smaller venues are fine ,that he doesn´t need to be megarich megastar to be satisfied with his career. A solid fanbase is already there and it´s growing.
It would be so interesting to hear what kind of artistry the major labels are seeing in Matt,is their vision different from his own. I´m so glad he knows what he wants to put out there.
As an international fan I would love to see his music in stores here and that is more likely to happen with a major label,yes? I really see his talent as a worldclass,old school musician, life long, true passionate like and there could be people all over the world for his music if there is decent marketing and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:00 pm

Cacity87 wrote:

I think about the music industry a lot and I've come to realize that success in a music career is really dependent on the individual person. Each person has their own dreams, goals and ideas of what they call a success. It appears that Matt has stated, over and over, that his idea of success is humble. I don't know if he's saying that just because he isn't confident in all he can do? Or because he truly would be happy with a humble music career. I am going to choose to just support what he wants and help him achieve that however I can.

Maybe we should make another thread and title it, "Matt's Dream of Success in Music" and start adding things to it as we hear him say it? Smile For example, I recall him saying he would love to play small venues around the country. I've heard him say he'd love to have a solid, dedicated fanbase. Etc. Once we see what his goals are...then we can help promote and help him achieve them. But I think we are all just a little confused at what exactly the goal is right now.

I think getting Matt signed to a record label has been our #1 priority so far. And that is DEFINITELY important and would be amazing! But, I'm ready to start thinking of things we can do if that doesn't happen...for say, a year (like Jason). What can we do in the meantime to help support his career?

I like this idea alot cacity. we should totally start a new thread like this it may help us to stay a bit more focused and organized. IDk I hope Matt gets that Mahor deal, but if not I would be just as happy for him to be able to put out an album and continue to make fans. Great things sometimes take time...
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:16 pm

And this just in...check out his quote from an E! Online interview posted today!

Quote :
What's the latest on a record deal?
I'm in talks right now with 19 and other companies. It's just a waiting game to see what happens. I'm just trying to stick to what I do, which is write and keep booking shows. I hope something comes up for a record deal. But if I have to, I'll record myself. I want to make about five good songs to get out there to present to the labels of how I want to be as an artist.

How much are you writing on the road?
I've written some stuff on the pianos in the hotel lobbies we stay at in the middle of the night. I recorded some stuff on my phone so I don't forget the idea or the melody. I need to get a little keyboard for my room so I can really work. I'm getting anxious to get out there and write more.

Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:18 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
And this just in...check out his quote from an E! Online interview posted today!

Quote :
What's the latest on a record deal?
I'm in talks right now with 19 and other companies. It's just a waiting game to see what happens. I'm just trying to stick to what I do, which is write and keep booking shows. I hope something comes up for a record deal. But if I have to, I'll record myself. I want to make about five good songs to get out there to present to the labels of how I want to be as an artist.
How much are you writing on the road?
I've written some stuff on the pianos in the hotel lobbies we stay at in the middle of the night. I recorded some stuff on my phone so I don't forget the idea or the melody. I need to get a little keyboard for my room so I can really work. I'm getting anxious to get out there and write more.

Smile Smile Smile

Awwww!! Thanks Cacity!
My heart just melted!
Go Matt!!
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 pm

Lana wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:

I like this idea alot cacity. we should totally start a new thread like this it may help us to stay a bit more focused and organized. IDk I hope Matt gets that Mahor deal, but if not I would be just as happy for him to be able to put out an album and continue to make fans. Great things sometimes take time...

I like the idea of a special Matt dreams thread too, good idea Cacity. We all want the best for Matt and for him to live "his dream", whatever that is. Not to sound selfish, (well, maybe a little Laughing ),I think for me, as long as Matt is writing songs and making new music that I can purchase (help him pay the bills-lol) and see him perform in whatever venue fits him, (and that I can get to Smile ) then I will be a happy Matt fan. Keeping positive thoughts as the uncertainty and waiting continues just requires more dedication on our part and we definitely have that! I love you
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm

I guess I'll be the odd person out and post a different opinion. Smile What else is new, right?! I'm going to take the "selfish" route and look at it from my own point of view as Matt's fan rather than what's in Matt's best interests (cuz I'm selfish like that). Smile

I don't want Matt to get signed to an indie label. If he does so, he will have to fight, claw, and struggle for his success every step of the way. He will have to push hard to get his CD in stores (which rarely happens--look at Michael Johns and Brooke White). He will have to push hard to get any radio airplay (a la Elliot Yamin). He will have to push hard to get gigs and to get people to go to his concerts because he is not constantly in the public eye (although if I could afford it, I'd follow him to every stop!). While I have no doubt that Matt would be willing to do that (since he loves music so much), I don't want Matt to have to struggle anymore. I think he's been through enough in his life, personally and professionally. I think he is SO talented (yes, I know I'm biased) that he deserves to be heard on the radio, seen on TV, and promoted constantly because he is just.that.good. I think that he deserves to be surrounded by his "people" who will make sure that his every wish is being granted and his every need is being satisfied (get your minds out of the gutter, Slutty Sallies). He is opening a lot of eyes while he is on tour, but people that go to the AI concerts represent just a small portion of the general public. Yes, he is impressing a lot of people who were indifferent to him while he was on the show, but just imagine what it would be like if he would perform "Hard To Handle" on the "American Idol" stage. I'm picturing a lot of wide eyes, jaws dropping, and people thinking, "O.....M......G! Matt Giraud, I just fell in love with you. I GET it now! I give in! You're freakin' AWESOME!" That kind of exposure (where he could "redeem" himself in front of millions of people) would be phenomenal for him IMO.

No, Matt doesn't NEED to be a multi-million dollar recording artist or have a huge mansion in Hollywood, but I want that for him. Smile I want him to have the world at his feet. Not only does he have an incredible talent, but he also has a huge heart and is very funny. I know that he's made ME happy, and I want people to make HIM happy for once. I want him to be able to make fantastic music and I want tons of people to buy his CDs and I want him to just keep gaining momentum until he becomes a big star so that when he goes back on that Idol stage he can have a smirk and a swagger for Simon and the others, as if to say, "I told you so." Of course, he wouldn't do that, but in my dream world, it would happen. Smile We all know that he likes to shop and buys expensive sunglasses. I want him to be able to continue that luxury.....because he definitely deserves it and has earned it.

Matt Giraud is an incredibly talented man and he deserves the chance to show America (on a wide scale) what he can TRULY do when he is in his element.

Disclaimer: JMHO. I hope I didn't insult anyone because that wasn't my intent.

Hey Jenna....how do I make the above line my "signature"?! LOL
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 11:33 pm

iluvmatt - HAHAHAHA!! lol! cheers lol! cheers

I love everything you just said! And not because it was funny...(although some parts were, haha)...but because I just love how you were so blunt and clear about what would be awesome for Matt! I really do agree that having a major label and all the etc. etc. benefits that come with it would be a much easier music career for Matt. But there is a lot of that lifestyle that isn't so glamorous as well and of course we rarely see that. Neutral

But, I just loved your post. It was so honest. And in my heart I completely understand and get ya. I just want to support Matt in wherever his music takes him. It's a very tough business and he is MORE than talented enough. But it seems like most of the record labels have certain "other" agendas to signing people. They've signed people with HALF the talent that Matt has...and I never understand it. So, we'll see. I'd like to see Universal or Atlantic or Interscope sign Matt. Those labels seem to be interested in what's best for the artist. But I'm always willing to help Matt - grassroots style! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next