Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest

Go down 
+9
Lisa_M
cecilie
hazuki
OvenMitt
Cacity87
Lana
cranberry
sgr91
Jenna
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sgr91

sgr91

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:00 am

First of all, I am so glad that we have reason to discuss what kind of label Matt should be signed to - its definitely a step in the right direction.
I have to agree with .... dramatic pause ala Simon Cowell.... with all of you to some extent. I think there is no question that being signed to a large label comes with amazing "perks" - specifically the financing to promote the records/single via airplay, advertising, concerts, etc. I don't know enough about the different labels and how much control they have over the music that the artists put out, and I am sure only some of that is negotiated up front. I'm sure that the indie labels do give you more leeway but as Iluvmatt has already pointed out, that leeway advantage comes with the cost of less exposure. Matt is somewhat familiar with putting out an album as an independent - he does have 2 CD's out already. I recognize that he has had a lot more exposure and a larger fanbase at this point but I'm sure he's familiar with the shortcomings of trying to make a music career without significant name and financial backing. Obviously the ideal combination for him would be a large label that gives him the artistic control he wants - can that happen, I don't know, but I certainly hope so.

Matt has always talked about "paying his dues" by either opening for another act or playing State Fairs/Churches/etc. I think he is being humble and recognizes that many musicians see American Idol in a very negative light, stating that these kids expect to be mega stars and haven't payed their dues in the industry (Billy Joel comes to mind for one). Matt is smart in making that statement. However, I don't think, despite his recent comments, that that is his ultimate goal. I think he feels he needs to do this to get some "street cred". I know he loves the interaction with the fans and the ability to reach them with his music, but think of how many more people he could reach if he got a chance to travel all over the country and the world. I don't think his vocal range or musical style need to be compressed to a small venue as many have suggested would be best for Kris. I think he has the stage presence to perform in large venues as well as small intimate ones and my hope for him is that he gets great support - financial and artistic - to allow him to create beautiful music and to reach as many people as possible.

And lastly Cacity, on your grass roots approach. Certainly count me in. I think the world of music is changing with the advent of itunes and the internet (and twitter to a lesser degree). There is quite a bit of direct to consumer marketing. However, the most important thing we can do is to expose people to Matt so they take the time to listen to his music and hopefully buy it and attend concerts. I'm open to any street-teaming ideas. He touched my heart when he talked about feeling like the music was in him and he just needed to get seen. Well, he's been seen now - time to get others to take notice.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 12:38 am

Oh gosh don't take my post to mean that I would rather Matt be signed indie than Major label Exclamation That is not my potint at all. I would LOVE for Matt to go major, and still hold out that he will. My point is that if he goes indie that would be ok as well, as either way i understand that Matt will be happy with just the chance to play his music. Sure his fan's ambitions for him maybe a little greater than his expectations for himself, but that is what we are here for right? SHOOT FOR THE STARS MATT, SHOOT FOR THE STARS.

Anyway, the point of my post was to offer the positive side to going indie should that be the road Matt has to take, and to offer a little be of light on what Matt's real goals may be and the many ways that he can achieve those goals.

I too am selfish and I am pulling for that Major label, But I also love Matt and honestly just want what's best for him I love you
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 1:18 am

Cacity87 wrote:
iluvmatt - HAHAHAHA!! lol! cheers lol! cheers

I love everything you just said! And not because it was funny...(although some parts were, haha)...but because I just love how you were so blunt and clear about what would be awesome for Matt! I really do agree that having a major label and all the etc. etc. benefits that come with it would be a much easier music career for Matt. But there is a lot of that lifestyle that isn't so glamorous as well and of course we rarely see that. Neutral

But, I just loved your post. It was so honest. And in my heart I completely understand and get ya. I just want to support Matt in wherever his music takes him. It's a very tough business and he is MORE than talented enough. But it seems like most of the record labels have certain "other" agendas to signing people. They've signed people with HALF the talent that Matt has...and I never understand it. So, we'll see. I'd like to see Universal or Atlantic or Interscope sign Matt. Those labels seem to be interested in what's best for the artist. But I'm always willing to help Matt - grassroots style! Smile

Thanks for 'gettin' me, Cacity! I have a very quiet (but blunt and sarcastic) sense of humor, so I try to be careful about what I say when I post messages. Smile The bottom line for me is that if Matt signs with a major label, chances are very high that he would get national exposure. I know that major labels have their issues (thank you for pointing it out, Kelly Clarkson), but I just want Matt to go "mainstream." Again, this might not be what he wants or what is in his best interests, but I just want the general public to see the "Real Matt". Don't get me wrong, I will support him and buy his music no matter what, but I just don't want it to be so HARD. Geez. What is it going to take for record labels to WAKE UP?!

[quote] Lana Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:38 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh gosh don't take my post to mean that I would rather Matt be signed indie than Major label That is not my potint at all. I would LOVE for Matt to go major, and still hold out that he will. My point is that if he goes indie that would be ok as well, as either way i understand that Matt will be happy with just the chance to play his music. Sure his fan's ambitions for him maybe a little greater than his expectations for himself, but that is what we are here for right? SHOOT FOR THE STARS MATT, SHOOT FOR THE STARS.

Anyway, the point of my post was to offer the positive side to going indie should that be the road Matt has to take, and to offer a little be of light on what Matt's real goals may be and the many ways that he can achieve those goals.

I too am selfish and I am pulling for that Major label, But I also love Matt and honestly just want what's best for him ]quote]

Sorry Lana, I didn't mean to put you on the spot. Smile I'm just naturally pessimistic and tend to look at the dark side of things. With you being so optimistic, we kind of balance each other out, doncha think?! Smile We all love Matt and want what's best for him and I'm speaking for myself when I say that the fact that we are STILL waiting for Matt to be signed puts me on edge and just makes me bitter. lol!

P.S. How do you respond to more than one person in the same reply post?! scratch
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 3:56 am

iluvmatt wrote:

No, Matt doesn't NEED to be a multi-million dollar recording artist or have a huge mansion in Hollywood, but I want that for him. Smile I want him to have the world at his feet. Not only does he have an incredible talent, but he also has a huge heart and is very funny. I know that he's made ME happy, and I want people to make HIM happy for once. I want him to be able to make fantastic music and I want tons of people to buy his CDs and I want him to just keep gaining momentum until he becomes a big star so that when he goes back on that Idol stage he can have a smirk and a swagger for Simon and the others, as if to say, "I told you so." Of course, he wouldn't do that, but in my dream world, it would happen. Smile We all know that he likes to shop and buys expensive sunglasses. I want him to be able to continue that luxury.....because he definitely deserves it and has earned it.

Matt Giraud is an incredibly talented man and he deserves the chance to show America (on a wide scale) what he can TRULY do when he is in his element.

He should show the world what he can do!
And I can see his huge mansion, garage full of fast cars, dressing room with million clothes, he in the entertainment room playing PS games, the exotic cats lying by his side .
Laughing
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:08 pm

[/quote]
And I can see his huge mansion, garage full of fast cars, dressing room with million clothes, he in the entertainment room playing PS games, the exotic cats lying by his side .
Laughing[/quote]

....while wearing his Louis Vuitton (sp?) sunglasses! lol! I say, "Let's give the man what he wants!"
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 8:58 pm

iluvmatt wrote:
Laughing[/quote]

....while wearing his Louis Vuitton (sp?) sunglasses! lol! I say, "Let's give the man what he wants!"[/quote]

LOL ladies!! Except no exotic cats--- noooooo, 2 rescue cats! cat cat
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:07 pm

I still don't know the difference between the Ashera cat and the Savannah cat. They look the same to me. scratch Oh well.
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:20 pm

iluvmatt wrote:
I still don't know the difference between the Ashera cat and the Savannah cat. They look the same to me. scratch Oh well.

Me too, luv! According to some sites they are the same! I still don't want Matt to get one of those, though. I am opposed to people having "exotic "animals! Besides, he has a snake, and cats and snakes -- not a good combo! lol!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:01 pm

The difference is about $15000. Many think they're the same breed.
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:56 pm

sgr91 wrote:

Holy moly--if he's willing to shell out that kind of money for a CAT, just think of what he would do for the lucky lady who steals his heart for good. Oh Matt--snakes and exotic cats? Really?! After we meet on August 30th and he falls hopelessly in love with me and we move to Vermont and adopt Himalayan whistle kids, I'm going to have to help him see the error of his ways (regarding the animals of course--not me).
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:29 am

iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Holy moly--if he's willing to shell out that kind of money for a CAT, just think of what he would do for the lucky lady who steals his heart for good. Oh Matt--snakes and exotic cats? Really?! After we meet on August 30th and he falls hopelessly in love with me and we move to Vermont and adopt Himalayan whistle kids, I'm going to have to help him see the error of his ways (regarding the animals of course--not me).

lol! luvmatt! And what in the world are Himalayan whistle kids,huh?
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:34 am

graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

I have no idea, graciecat, but it was a quote from "Will & Grace." Smile
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:39 am

iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

That is so funny luv! I knew I had heard it somewhere but my brain would not compute!! I will be watching all the news on Aug 30 for your matt connection! Where is your concert? Kansas City? Be sure to do the sniff test on Matt! Razz
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 am

graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

That is so funny luv! I knew I had heard it somewhere but my brain would not compute!! I will be watching all the news on Aug 30 for your matt connection! Where is your concert? Kansas City? Be sure to do the sniff test on Matt! Razz

Yes, the concert is in Kansas City. I'll be happy to do the "sniff" test on Matt, but not before I open with something clever. I guess I can go with the obvious one....."Will you move to Vermont with me?" That might intrigue him. geek
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:46 am

iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Yes, the concert is in Kansas City. I'll be happy to do the "sniff" test on Matt, but not before I open with something clever. I guess I can go with the obvious one....."Will you move to Vermont with me?" That might intrigue him. geek
Don't mention the part about the Himalayan whistle kids though, might scare him off! Razz
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:47 am

graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

Don't mention the part about the Himalayan whistle kids though, might scare him off! Razz

....and the sniffing wouldn't?! lol! THAT will be my line...."Can I sniff you?"
Back to top Go down
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:54 am

iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
graciecat wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:
sgr91 wrote:

....and the sniffing wouldn't?! lol! THAT will be my line...."Can I sniff you?"
As long as you ask permission before sniffing---Hey, you got to get his attention if you want to move to Vermont and raise those kids with Matt! Sniffing is only the first step--- lol!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:23 am

LMAO ladies!!
I went to this thread thinking that "hey let me check out the news and posting on this label interest thing"
Big was my surprise when instead I got the news on the love affair of Iluvmatt and Matt, their kids and exotic cats!! LOL
It just cracks med up how fast a topic can change!

I just need to quote sgr's wise words

Quote :
He touched my heart when he talked about feeling like the music was in him and he just needed to get seen. Well, he's been seen now - time to get others to take notice.

Now this is so crucial!
As I stated earlier - I would love him to be huge and have the entire world at his feat - again for purely selfish reasons lol
But I have a hard time seeing how he can combine his apparent need to stay grounded and really connected to his fans with this superstardom that we all think he has the talent for.
I don't know - do any of you know of any cases, of any "superstars" who have stayed grounded and been able to maintain a humble approach ? I would like to think it is possible...
To me Matt is all that. He is my superstar and the fact that he is in some way "accessible" makes him even more wonderful. I like the fact that he actually reads what we write that he is touched by our hopes, worries and that he is genuinely happy because we express how much we love his voice, his personality - the whole package :-)
I think the world of him - and wish the best for him - whatever that is.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 8:37 am

Cecilie, I too have selfish reasons for wanting Matt to succeed. I'm sick of starting to gush about him and having everyone around me say, "Who's that"? I want the world to know who Matt Giraud is and to say, "Oh yes, I just love him too", when I bring his name up. It also wouldn't hurt to be able to brag then about how I saw his talent from the beginning, and why did it take them so long to figure it out geek

We're having out of town guests for the weekend and I've been sneeking away to check this board. My 14 year old niece came in to see what I was doing. She only saw Idol a couple of times and I spent 30 minutes showing her Matt's videos and trying to get her to see how great he is. I'm sure she thought her aunt had lost it. I don't want to have to work so hard anymore to get people to "get it".

I of course want Matt to be totally and completely happy in where ever his career takes him, but my selfish motivation is that the rest of the world comes to love and appreciate him as I do.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:20 pm

pasnthru wrote:

We're having out of town guests for the weekend and I've been sneeking away to check this board. My 14 year old niece came in to see what I was doing. She only saw Idol a couple of times and I spent 30 minutes showing her Matt's videos and trying to get her to see how great he is. I'm sure she thought her aunt had lost it. I don't want to have to work so hard anymore to get people to "get it".

lol! That sounds exactly like me! Except, I don't have a 14 yr old niece...it's usually my neighbors and friends that I spend the most time trying to woo into enjoying Matt's music. And maybe that's why we don't have many guests over anymore... scratch haha!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest   Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Well I guess this finally answers the question on label interest
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2