Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!

Go down 
+20
OvenMitt
Riley 9
lovethemtigers
macigirl
cecilie
crys7
mattyfan
sgr91
paigeturner
rayblay
slick7
iluvmatt
mattyg93
MGfan
Tara1016
Lana
hazuki
Jenna
stank awesome
Cacity87
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 am

rayblay wrote:
the logistics of this would NEVER work.... but how awesome would it be if we could do like a reverse cell cast where people at the concert got people to call them and participate in the chant -- double the volume! i wish that was actually possible Smile

LOL that would be amazing but yeah would never work. I'm just praying we can get the audience there to do it!

So the songs on the CD are...

Studio -

So Small
You Found Me

Let's Get It On - Ellen Performance

Live -

Georgia
Hard To Handle

They are also in the above order.

I decided to go with CD's in paper sleeves. On the front I wrote sign Matt Giraud and the back has the songs listed and I put our web address on it and Matt's twitter account. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to make 10 CD's. I will burn more tomorrow but that is counting the writing. That took the longest!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:47 am

Sounds good so far Very Happy, how many are you planning to make?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am

hazuki wrote:
Sounds good so far Very Happy, how many are you planning to make?

Well there are 8 of us going and I thought we'd make 30-40 a piece. So 240 - 320 CD's. Should we do more?
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:59 am

Jenna wrote:
rayblay wrote:
the logistics of this would NEVER work.... but how awesome would it be if we could do like a reverse cell cast where people at the concert got people to call them and participate in the chant -- double the volume! i wish that was actually possible Smile

LOL that would be amazing but yeah would never work. I'm just praying we can get the audience there to do it!

Studio -

So Small
You Found Me

Live -

Georgia
Hard To Handle

I decided to go with CD's in paper sleeves. On the front I wrote sign Matt Giraud and the back has the songs listed and I put our web address on it and Matt's twitter account. It took me about 45 minutes to an hour to make 10 CD's. I will burn more tomorrow but that is counting the writing. That took the longest!

[center]

Jenna that sounds awesome! And way to go already getting 10 made! So, you say it takes about 10 per hour? Well, if you did an hour a day until the show...you'd have 40! So that sounds awesome! And if you can do more hours a day, then you'd have more! I say about 300 CD's would be great! Smile Although, there will be THOUSANDS of people there. So the CD's will go fast, I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:08 am

Cacity87 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
rayblay wrote:

Studio -

So Small
You Found Me

Live -

Georgia
Hard To Handle

[center]

Jenna that sounds awesome! And way to go already getting 10 made! So, you say it takes about 10 per hour? Well, if you did an hour a day until the show...you'd have 40! So that sounds awesome! And if you can do more hours a day, then you'd have more! I say about 300 CD's would be great! Smile Although, there will be THOUSANDS of people there. So the CD's will go fast, I'm sure.

I know 300 seems like such a small amount compared to the actual numbers attending. I don't know maybe we should do more? I think we will definitely start handing them out at the buses. That's where I think we will get the most people to agree to chant. LOL if you are going to the buses then you are diehard fans. Also we will probably split up and hand out CD's and inform people of the chant before the show. And of course we will let the people around where we are seated know as well.

The CD's only take a few minutes to burn it's the writing that takes so damn long. It might be better to buy CD's with a hard cover and then type out the information and insert it.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:09 am

I'm really so excited for this! Thanks to the GR gals for taking care of this. You guys are awesome!!!! Matt's so lucky to have you!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 6:48 am

macigirl wrote:
Riley 9 wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Oh since there are 8 of us going to sgr's I was thinking we should burn about 30-40 a piece. Then we'd have 240-320 CD's. I am going to buy some tonight and get started. Maybe others can do this as well?

I'll help out financially - and then we can have a burn-party friday night LOL
I so want to put Sign Matt Giraud on my t-shirt/top - so I was wondering if there are places nearby sgr that can make prints within a few hours..

That is an excellent idea, cecilie! I think the phrase #signmattgiraud is easy for people to remember and would motivate some of the concert-goers to add that to their Tweets! cheers I hope we can get that to trend on September 6!

If you don't have a professional to make those t-shirts, you guys could always go to a fabric/arts & crafts store as a last resort! There are iron-on transfers for the letters or even photo paper at places like Michael's (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc1429) and at Jo Ann's (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat903850)
[Just a suggestion, LOL] sunny

Riley, that is a great idea.

Cecilie, let me know if you want me to pick up iron on letters for your T. I can get them ahead of time and we can iron them on at sgr's. And let me know the color of your T. Maybe I'll get face paint, too. Spell Matt across my cheeks. Uh, maybe not!

LMAO!! Def!!
YES I want letters for my shirt! Well - I haven't decided on which color yet lol since I am bringing both a black and white. But could you buy for both colors? I will off reimburse you for that!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:50 am

I am amazed at how QUICKLY this thread has grown with TONS of amazing ideas!! 300 CD's sounds like a lot to me, Matt is so lucky to have such dedicated fans!

This is my last 2 cents on the chant....I will be in GR and I am ALL about it! But I really do think that we should chant "SIGN MATT G!" instead of "SIGN MATT GIRAUD". I think there's too many syllables and it might sound muddy...everybody knows him as Matt G anyway. What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:28 am

Janizzle wrote:
I am amazed at how QUICKLY this thread has grown with TONS of amazing ideas!! 300 CD's sounds like a lot to me, Matt is so lucky to have such dedicated fans!

This is my last 2 cents on the chant....I will be in GR and I am ALL about it! But I really do think that we should chant "SIGN MATT G!" instead of "SIGN MATT GIRAUD". I think there's too many syllables and it might sound muddy...everybody knows him as Matt G anyway. What do you guys think?
Exactly what I was thinking Smile. It seems easier to chant, and not too tiring haha Razz
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 pm

Jenna wrote:
rayblay wrote:

Studio -

So Small
You Found Me

Live -

Georgia
Hard To Handle

Jenna..I LOVE the song choices..I think they are perfect ones!!! I was talking to Maci about this last night and I really think we should pass them out AFTER the concert..like go out a little early and give them to people as they are coming out because like someone else said most people are really impressed with Matt AFTER they see him sing so I think it would be better After but this is Just my opinion??
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:59 pm

Such awesome ideas ladies!!!! I'm still kicking myself for not saving up for this grand event, but like I said, there's always January!

I love the CD idea, especially after reading so many reviews of people not liking Matt during Idol and now loving him!!! If only he would've done HTH on Idol, would it have gotten this much reaction also?? Things to think about!

The "Matt Giraud is Bangin" shirt was worn by @smushypotato, I met her in Baltimore and she's been following the boys around all over here in the MD/PA area! I'm sure she wouldn't mind you ladies making shirts like that also!! Anything to get Matt's attention!

I'm also horrible at being creative, but has anyone said about making a banner to drape over the barricades?? I know since there's quite a few of you ladies going, there's gonna be a long area of the barricade designated for the Matt fans, so maybe if ya'll make a banner, he'll be sure to spend extra time with you ladies!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Well I have terrible news. It doesn't look like I am going to be able to attend the Grand Rapids event. I have lost my debit card and the company will not be able to give me another card for 3-5 business days so I have no way to access my money. I am so sorry! I have been crying all day! I have looked everywhere and it's no where to be found. I am completely devastated! I hope you guys have a great time and are able to get the chant going. Guess I will be working hard at home trying to get signmattG to trend. Hopefully you guys attending will still go forward with the CD plan.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 7:59 pm

Jenna wrote:
Well I have terrible news. It doesn't look like I am going to be able to attend the Grand Rapids event. I have lost my debit card and the company will not be able to give me another card for 3-5 business days so I have no way to access my money. I am so sorry! I have been crying all day! I have looked everywhere and it's no where to be found. I am completely devastated! I hope you guys have a great time and are able to get the chant going. Guess I will be working hard at home trying to get signmattG to trend. Hopefully you guys attending will still go forward with the CD plan.

Oh Jenna I am so sorry. Idk what to even say to help make you feel better. At least you won't be alone (I can't go either) and we'll still have fun from our computers and living vicariously! Plus there will be plenty of video to make you feel close to the way you might have felt being there, and you've expirenced, what, 4 shows already? You'll be fine girl. We'll still have fun Cool
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Lana wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Oh Jenna I am so sorry. Idk what to even say to help make you feel better. At least you won't be alone (I can't go either) and we'll still have fun from our computers and living vicariously! Plus there will be plenty of video to make you feel close to the way you might have felt being there, and you've expirenced, what, 4 shows already? You'll be fine girl. We'll still have fun Cool

Yeah I guess I will be fine in about 2 years lol! I am more upset that I don't get to participate in the street teaming plans and that I am not going to get to meet everyone than anything else. Not that I am not completely devastated that I can't see Matt perform again. I haven't been this upset in so long.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:07 pm

I still have some hope. I am waiting for my aunt to call me back. I am hoping she has paypal because then I can send her the money from my debit card through paypal and then she can hopefully Western Union me the money tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed and all my toes too!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:43 pm

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you too Jenna Wink
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:45 pm

Lana wrote:
I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you too Jenna Wink

Thanks Lana!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 pm

ok - maybe I'm just being dense (happens sometimes LOL), but even if you can't find your debit card, can't you still get your money out of your checking account by going into the bank and writing a check for cash? Or do they put a freeze on your checking account when you report your card missing? I would think they would freeze that card, but that you could still have access to your money. You are talking about a debit card and not a credit card, right?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:01 pm

pasnthru wrote:
ok - maybe I'm just being dense (happens sometimes LOL), but even if you can't find your debit card, can't you still get your money out of your checking account by going into the bank and writing a check for cash? Or do they put a freeze on your checking account when you report your card missing? I would think they would freeze that card, but that you could still have access to your money. You are talking about a debit card and not a credit card, right?

It's not a bank debit card. So no I have no checks.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Well I haven't heard from my aunt so I guess it's a no go. Please GR ladies still hand out the CD's!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:09 pm

Jenna wrote:

Oh Jenna! I just read this. This is terrible!
Oh man.. I feel so bad for you. If only I could help from Mexico!
Anyways...I hope your aunt still can help you! In any case... hopefully the CD plan and the chanting really happens! It just has to!
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:35 am

Oh Jenna,

I am so sorry about what happened. I really looked forward to meeting you! I really hope the girls make those CD's...I think it'll make a huge impact! Still keeping my fingers crossed for your aunt!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:55 pm

I'm going guys! Yay!
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:28 pm

Jenna wrote:
I'm going guys! Yay!

WOOHOOO! I was hoping for good news, Jenna! After all, you're the "ring leader" of this group! cheers

I can't wait to hear about your GR experiences! I love you
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Good for you Jenna! I had faith you'd find a way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next