Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

change the trending topic name?

Go down 
+9
macigirl
Janizzle
Lana
Riley 9
sgr91
Jenna
Cacity87
mattyg93
hazuki
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hazuki

change the trending topic name? Empty
PostSubject: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 pm

Hrm, so I have been thinking about this, and maybe we should change the trending topic name b/c it may have been blocked by twitter because of people spamming it. I think we should just say it once. Although, we need a new trending topic name b/c I have a feeling it wont show on the list come the grand rapids show.
How about just #SignMattG ?

Reason being ecause #ilovekris is trending and I looked at the search and only like 64 searches came up and its on the trending topic list? when Matt had like hundereds of searches and still didn't come up on the list (#4 at the moment)? Which led me to believe that maybe it is blocked? So a new trending topic name is in order.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 pm

hazuki wrote:
Hrm, so I have been thinking about this, and maybe we should change the trending topic name b/c it may have been blocked by twitter because of people spamming it. I think we should just say it once. Although, we need a new trending topic name b/c I have a feeling it wont show on the list come the grand rapids show.
How about just #SignMattG ?

Reason being ecause #ilovekris is trending and I looked at the search and only like 64 searches came up and its on the trending topic list? when Matt had like hundereds of searches and still didn't come up on the list (#4 at the moment)? Which led me to believe that maybe it is blocked? So a new trending topic name is in order.

hazuki: I just noticed that.
ilovekris is at #2 now. Wow. We need to trend Matt on Sunday. He needs it!
I hope this news goes around. You might be right with the block thing.

@SignMattG sounds cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 pm

I agree with the blocking thing. I am going to research that now just to see if there is any news on that happening...but I believe it! Because we DEFINITELY should have trended the last two times we were attempting it. We had enough people and were tweeting at a very rapid rate. I thought something fishy must've been up. I think #SignMattG is a great alternative. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Ok, this is what I found on Twitter censorship...check this out:

Quote :
"We're not censoring trending topics for a reason: we want to reflect what twitter really is. If people decide to be dumb, or rude, let it be. What next ? Censoring things for politicial reasons ? Come on...

Right now, Earthquake became a hot topic on twitscoop, still nowhere to be seen on Twitter.
I prefer accurate, fast emerging trending topics than slow, manually censored ones.

Our two cents.."

Ok, that statement was from one of the Twitter representatives. So, it appears that they do CHOOSE which words or "hashtags" (i.e. anything with # in front of it) are trended! This is ridiculous!!! And most likely the reason #signmattgiraud hasn't trended the past two times! Sad

Here is the link to the article (which is on something completely OT to our conversation here) and scroll down to the comment section to read the comments from the Twitter rep "Pierre."

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/twitter_censoring_trending_topics.php
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:36 pm

Ok, just in case you can't find the comments...here is the other one the guy "Pierre" left. You guys tell me what you think after reading them.

Quote :
To make things perfectly clear:

1. Twitscoop has a proprietary algorithm for trends, which in no way is solely related to how many times something is tweeted (that would be too easy to game, and that's why twitter have to moderate manually their trends, which, I agree, can't be called trends).

2. We don't treat hashtags differently than normal words. i.e. hashtags are usefull to gather people around a specific topic, but tweeting a hashtag over and over has no influence what so ever on our hot trends and tag cloud.

3. I wish you had taken your screenshot from twitscoop.com ;-)
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 pm

Ok so now I'm more confused than ever. So how does something trend? Maybe we should change up the words. Something like #mattgsignhimnow.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:52 pm

I agree - I'm equally confused. So do they monitor it or not? And how in the world did the idols "conversation" trend last night - I can't image that many trended those particular terms. I wonder if it matters who does the tweeting.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 pm

Did you guys notice that #ilovekris was trending at number 3? And THEN it switched to #ILoveKris at #1? Notice the caps lock difference. I think whoever manages Twitter, manually enters the top trending topics.

Anyway, I think if we want #SignMattGiraud to trend. Or if we just want to see #SignMattG trend, we need to make sure we are "discussing" #SignMattG in a sentence. Make sure we are making an effort at not spamming, but creating "conversation" about why Matt should be signed.

It's annoying as anything. But maybe the people in control of Twitter aren't Matt fans? They seem to like Kris though...any time a trend starts about him, its up there!

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:00 am

Really confused on how the trending topics work... lol!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:03 am

hazuki wrote:

Trust me, I'm confused too. Just theorizing. haha.
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:10 am

Cacity87 wrote:
hazuki wrote:

Oh I see, good theories though. Very Happy. A bit offtopic, my sig isnt showing up? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:13 am

hazuki wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
hazuki wrote:

Oh I see, good theories though. Very Happy..my sig isnt showing up? Neutral

Try posting again. I went into you profile and yoy had no checked for always attach my signature. So I clicked on yes.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:16 am

Jenna wrote:
hazuki wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
hazuki wrote:

Oh I see, good theories though. Very Happy..my sig isnt showing up? Neutral

Try posting again. I went into you profile and yoy had no checked for always attach my signature. So I clicked on yes.
Okay thanks cheers. So is everyone fine with the #SignMattG or shall we try a different approach?
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:07 am

I'm just as confused about all this Twitter trend stuff, but I agree that we have to change the actual phrase. Is #SignMattG different enough from #signmattgiraud? scratch

I also agree that we should write #SignMattG only ONCE per tweet, and there should be a short message before the phrase. Idea I wonder if the Twitter Administrators consider throwing out tweets if we send too many in a row without much pause between them. Like they would consider them SPAM if you tweet every 3 seconds for half an hour or something. BTW, I think the tweet limit per hour is about 100 or so? Question

JSYK , I was lurking at an Adam fan site earlier today, and his fans were discussing that they were going to trend the release date of his album. Sure enough, I just checked at Twitter and #AdamAlbumNov24 is currently the #4 trend, while #ilovekris is at #5. Maybe those hashtags do work??? I don't understand why the Adam fans wanted to trend the NOVEMBER 24 info. now, since a lot of non-Idol fans would be likely to forget about it between now and November! Rolling Eyes

I think it's possible for us to get a Matt trend on Sept. 6, since Adam and Kris fans just did it tonight! sunny

Last edited by Riley 9 on Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 2:22 am

Yikes, the things I have learned by lurking at the Adam fan sites! Shocked

Apparently, the #AdamAlbumNov24 was a trend that was suggested just yesterday because SOME Adam fans were pissed about the guys on the bus trending #adamfarted last night! Hey, it was just a joke, and I bet Adam himself laughed about it! Before all this, I didn't realize that there was some friction between the "Glamberts" and the ONTD_AI members. The #AdamAlbumNov24 idea was from the Glamberts who were trying to include the "Lamb Skanks" [Lamb Skanks WTF? ] and the ONTD_AI people, but ONTD_AI did NOT want to participate at all! My point is that this group of Glamberts was able to trend #AdamAlbumNov24 WITHOUT the help of ONTD_AI and the Lamb Skanks, so it's entirely possible for us to trend Matt's name on Sept. 6. We just need some good planning! Idea

What else did I learn from the Adam fan sites? They said that you could put the #message more than once per tweet, but you must have words in between, or Twitter will consider it SPAM. I don't know if I believe that strategy, so maybe we should post #SignMattG only once per tweet??? scratch

Also, they said that if you include a "Pigeon Poll" link in the tweet, and all the members actually vote in the poll, that would help the message to trend faster. Incredibly, the Glamberts only started tweeting during Danny's set, but just a few hours later, the #Adam trend was already in the top 10! Exclamation WOW! Does it help to keep tweeting throughout the day, or is it better if we all started at the same time like the Glamberts decided to do last night?

Ironically, I learned from visiting a Kris web site that HIS fans were pissed at the Glamberts last night because THEY had also planned a trend for Kris! LOL Razz Adam fans were laughing about how Adam's trend was "on top" of Kris's trend #iloveKris Oh, GEEZ!

I hope the other Idols' fan groups are not planning on a Twitter trend on Sunday, too! Grand Rapids is Matt's homecoming show, and he should get the spotlight for the day. Besides, Kris and Adam already have their record contracts! Poor Allison, she seems to get the least fan attention out of the top 5 contestants! Rolling Eyes

I hope this was some useful information. I had to read through some Adam sites to get it! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 8:36 am

LOL The Glamberts Vs. Everybody thing is funny...

But if we are going to do this, we are going to have to be as organized as possible and get Matt's fan accounts on twitter (Mattgnow, Matt's FTLs, The giraud squad) on board so that they can help spread the word. It's going to be #signmattg right? and have we also decided on a time? I agree that one big attack rather than spread out tweets throughou the day will work best. And I know that ONTD_AI was going to help on sunday (but they don't necesarrily come to Matt fansites if anyone who is a member over there could let them know on the day of that would be a huge help as well.
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:43 am

Pleeeease let's get this together! #signmattgiraud is FUTILE! We need something new, something fresh! Maybe #signmattgnext? And of course this isn't directed to 19, but all the MAJOR labels.

It's going to be important to spread the word because we've got some DIEHARDS going to the GR show who won't be able to represent fully (such as myself!). I really think it has to be done at a pre-planned time, and then as the hours pass hopefully more will join us!

I've been thinking that it's better to put actual statements in the tweets, and only tweeting the hashtag once. So something like "@ImMattGiraud's voice is smooth as butter! #signmattgnext" instead of "hot #signmattgnext #signmattgnext #signmattgnext"
I could be wrong but I just think it's better to be safe than sorry.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 9:56 am

Yes, we definitely have to write an actual message before the phrase, or Twitter will think it is SPAM! Idea

We should decide on the exact phrase, too!
Is it #SignMattG
or
#SignMattGnow

or maybe
#MattGiraudRecordDeal

I know the #phrase has to be very short, like #iloveKris sunny

Jenna, maybe you could set up a poll? THANKS! I love you
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 10:48 am

I think
SignMattG# would be the best option!
Short but to the point.!

Oh man.. I hope the chanting idea happens and he also trends on twitter. Both things will sure give him a lot of attention and the media will be all over it the day after.
Please let it be! All Matt fans must unite! He needs us now more than ever.
Plus he sure deserves to get signed like yesterday... Sigh.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:09 am

So #SignMattG it is then?

Let me know so I can spread the word... Wink
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:23 am

I like #SignMattG

I will be tweeting from my blackberry in GR!!!!
Back to top Go down
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:25 am

Cacity87 wrote:
So #SignMattG it is then?

Let me know so I can spread the word... Wink
Fine by me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:33 am

OK, I want to clear up any confusion about our plan to trend on Sunday.

Have we decided what the EXACT phrase will be? Because I think some people are saying that #SignMattG is going to look like SPAM! scratch

Should we just leave out the hashtag, so it looks like we are having a legitimate conversation about Matt's record deal?
EXAMPLE:
I hope someone signs Matt Giraud

Yes, Matt Giraud should be signed soon

I can't believe no one has signed Matt Giraud

The last time we tried to trend, I did write a short messages before #signmattgiraud, but maybe the hashtag made it look like my messages were SPAM??? No

And I'm not sure how the Twitter Administrators determine what is a trend. Does it help if all of us keep tweeting about "Matt Giraud" BEFORE Sunday? I mean, wouldn't any mentions of his name go towards a "TREND COUNT"?

I wouldn't mind tweeting "Matt Giraud" stuff before Sunday, but does it even help? Does Twitter only care if it's a large amount of tweets that happen within the same time frame? If I were to tweet 100 Matt Giraud message before Sunday [ HA-HA ], would it not matter because I don't have more people tweeting with me at the same time?

AAAAAAAUGH! I'm so CONFUSED... geek

Last edited by Riley 9 on Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asianmegan

asianmegan

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:41 am

Riley 9 wrote:

Should we just leave out the hashtag, so it looks like we are having a legitimate conversation about Matt's record deal?
EXAMPLE:
I hope someone signs Matt Giraud

Yes, Matt Giraud should be signed soon

I can't believe no one has signed Matt Giraud

And I'm not sure how the Twitter Administrators determine what is a trend. Does it help if all of us keep tweeting about "Matt Giraud" BEFORE Sunday? I mean, wouldn't any mentions of his name go towards a "TREND COUNT"?

I wouldn't mind tweeting "Matt Giraud" stuff before Sunday, but does it even help? Does Twitter only care if it's a large amount of tweets that happen within the same time frame? If I were to tweet 100 Matt Giraud message before Sunday [ HA-HA ], would it not matter because I don't have more people tweeting with me at the same time?

AAAAAAAUGH! I'm so CONFUSED... geek

I was talking to lovethemtigers over twitter and that's what she suggested, we just put Matt Giraud in all our tweets to just get his name trending.....I wasn't sure about the # either but I think we're leaving that out just to be safe!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/asianmegan
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:55 am

I think if we want to make Matt trend we have to all do it at the same time. I don't think it's a cumulative thing, like over a period of days....but what people are talking about at the same time. So if we'd want to get "Matt Giraud" trending, then I'd think the day of the concert would be great!

By the way, when we talk about Matt, maybe we should link articles about him as well? So that when people click on it (assuming he is a trending topic), they can actually have something to learn about Matt? There are more people on Twitter than American Idol fans, believe me! We could link that awesome review from Slezak, maybe some hot pictures of Matt, who knows?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: change the trending topic name?   change the trending topic name? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

change the trending topic name?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next