Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sgr91

sgr91

The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned Empty
PostSubject: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:33 pm

Since there was so much trouble with the others, this was suggested on Twitter and some started using it already. Hope this works. If you watched the video interview that Matt did with the tweens, he mentioned that there are record companies coming to watch him play. I think keeping his name out there as someone we want to hear music from is important for them to see. I hope this one works.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:13 pm

sgr91 wrote:
Since there was so much trouble with the others, this was suggested on Twitter and some started using it already. Hope this works. If you watched the video interview that Matt did with the tweens, he mentioned that there are record companies coming to watch him play. I think keeping his name out there as someone we want to hear music from is important for them to see. I hope this one works.

Thanks sgr91! That's a great idea. I am actually pretty excited record companies are coming to watch him perform at shows. There's been Matt buzz.

I just know that with some more time he will get signed. It's just taking so long that I wish someone would sign him already!

When are we going to trend this tag? Tonight or the last show?
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:18 pm

[quote="mattyg93"]
sgr91 wrote:

Thanks sgr91! That's a great idea. I am actually pretty excited record companies are coming to watch him perform at shows. There's been Matt buzz.

I just know that with some more time he will get signed. It's just taking so long that I wish someone would sign him already!

When are we going to trend this tag? Tonight or the last show?[/quote]

This is my question as well. I think since #weluvmikesarver is trending tonight, it may not be smart or fair to trend something for Matt as well. But I like the idea of trending for the last show.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:47 pm

I am just going by what I saw on twitter. Since there is a Michael trend going on tonite and there is no show, I think it would make sense to try and do it tommorow night. We want to see if this works before the last show. For all we know, they will block this as well and we will need to come-up with another hashtag and I don't think we should leave it to the last minute.
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 7:57 pm

I'm kind of bitter now. lol!

Michael's trend is currently at #2 (where Matt's was last night before it mysteriously disappeared). I wish someone would explain the significance of the "trending" thing to me because it makes no sense IMO. No offense to Michael, but I feel like this somehow "takes away" from what we were able to accomplish last night, you know what I mean? Forgive me for being a pessimist, but it seems like ANYTHING can trend, and yet sometimes "spam" is involved so some topics DON'T trend, etc. I just don't see the point of it all, I guess. I'll do anything to help get Matt some exposure, but this just seems pointless in a way because there's no rhyme or reason to it. Sorry for rambling. I'll stop now. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:08 pm

iluvmatt wrote:

Michael's trend is currently at #2 (where Matt's was last night before it mysteriously disappeared). I wish someone would explain the significance of the "trending" thing to me because it makes no sense IMO. No offense to Michael, but I feel like this somehow "takes away" from what we were able to accomplish last night, you know what I mean? Forgive me for being a pessimist, but it seems like ANYTHING can trend, and yet sometimes "spam" is involved so some topics DON'T trend, etc. I just don't see the point of it all, I guess. I'll do anything to help get Matt some exposure, but this just seems pointless in a way because there's no rhyme or reason to it. Sorry for rambling. I'll stop now. Smile

I didn't want to be the party pooper (I feel like that's what I've been a lot lately) so I'm glad you said this so that I didn't have to geek I COMPLETELY AGREE. I don't like the fact that every little whim that anybody has becomes a trending topics these days. I remember the very first time we trended #signmattgiraud and how excited and happy he was. It's like the novelty of it has worn off, and now when we trend anything it's like "oh look they just trended for Matt again yay" It's not as big or surprising anymore.

#weluvmikesarver could be considered a random trend, useless even, but I think it's nice at least that Michael knows that he has some love out there so all the more power to him. I don't like trending (or trying to trend) matt again tomorrow so quickly after our last trend and right after Michael's. IDk...I'll pitch in but I think we're losing the point of Trending by doing it so much. We are trying to keep Record Labels attention and if every little whim gets trended, then it becomes no big deal when Matt trends again. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by Lana on Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 8:22 pm

Lana wrote:
iluvmatt wrote:

I didn't want to be the party pooper (I feel like that's what I've been a lot lately) so I'm glad you said this so that I didn't have to geek I COMPLETELY AGREE. I don't like the fact that every little whim that anybody has because a trending topics these days. I remember the very first time we trended #signmattgiraud and how excited and happy he was. It's like the novelty of it has worn off, and now when we trend anything it's like "oh look they just trended for Matt again yay" It's not as big or surprising anymore.

#weluvmikesarver could be considered a random trend, useless even, but I think it's nice at least that Michael knows that he has some love out there so all the more power to him. I don't like trending (or trying to trend) matt again tomorrow so quickly after our last trend and right after Michael's. IDk...I'll pitch in but I think we're losing the point of Trending by doing it so much. We are trying to keep Record Labels attention and if every little whim gets trended, then it becomes no big deal when Matt trends again. Just my 2 cents.

I agree Lana! Matt himself (and the other boys) have poked fun at the trending (#adamfarted, #krisismyboyandhessittingrightnexttome). I'll probably "help" if I see Matt trending again, but I doubt that I'll put HOURS into the effort again like I did last night. This isn't all fun and games for me (and for many of you as well, I'd assume). We want Matt to get a record deal. Period. That is our goal right now and I highly doubt that record labels look at trending topics to decide who they're going to sign. However, trending is the easiest way that we can think of to keep Matt's name "out there." This shouldn't be so hard. Matt should have already been signed by now. This is very frustrating. I'm going to go back to my happy place and re-watch the interview where Matt said that record labels were coming to the concerts to see him. Smile Surely, it's only a matter of time...right? pale
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 10:44 pm

All right, I think I'm spending WAY too much time analyzing Twitter trends! LOL Razz Lurking... Suspect

I looked up some sites, trying to find out if the fans of other Idols are also planning on trending their favorites before the tour is over. So far, I think the Allison fans were planning on trending #AllisonIrahetaRocks (or something like that) tomorrow night, but the people at IDF and ONTD_AI can't seem to agree if they're doing it together. Also, I learned that Adam fans (some of them anyway) are planning to trend #thankyouadam on the last night of the tour, which is Sep. 15 in New Hampshire. I haven't seen any plans yet for Kris, Anoop, Danny, Scott, etc. Question

JMO, but I think we should avoid the last night. For sure, I know that Adam fans are going to be tweeting (I think they said 8:30 PM EST). In addition, the fans of Kris, Danny and some others might have the same idea. What do you guys think about trying to trend Matt's name on SEPTEMBER 14, for the Syracuse show? It's the second to last stop, but maybe we would have an easier time with less competition from the other Idol fans! scratch

And can we take a poll for what the phrase will be? There was too much confusion last time! It has to be something unique because Twitter already decided to block #SignMattG and #signmattgiraud! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:57 pm

I was thinking the same thing about the poll, riley. We should have someone gather up the ideas for hashtags and do the poll, that way everyone has a say and agrees on something and we eliminate some confusion.

Trending for the Finale also scares me because I know how hard it will be. We owe a huge amount of our success at trending to Danny/anoop fans and ONTD_AI, so without them we may not trend so easy. It might be best to pick another date, and the 14th sounds fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned   The new trending hashtag  #mattgneeds2besigned I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new trending hashtag #mattgneeds2besigned
Page 1 of 1