Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 8:12 am

"Thank You" is up one spin, and up a station so I think Fiint must have played the song yesterday. #24 (Bruno Mars) is only 9 spins away, and #25 is still 17 spins away. It is 42 spins behind Pink at #22.

We still need Seattle to play it, so please request there.

To everyone headed to Bay City tonight, safe travels and have a wonderful time!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:30 am

"Thank You" is up three spins and a station. I cannot find it on Seattle's playlist, but maybe they played the song yesterday. Although the song is still at #23, two songs #22 and #24 swapped places on today's chart. So now Bruno Mars is at #22 ahead by six spins, and Pink has dropped to #24 and is below by 7 spins (about 46 spins down from yesterday). Pink dropped so much because the song lost a syndicated spin, so let's hope the song doesn't have one tonight (nothing against Pink but "Thank You" needs to end the week at a peak chart position!). I knew Bruno Mars was going to pass soon, so I am just happy it happened at a time that didn't hurt Matt on the chart.

If I understand the recurrent rules, Adam Lambert and Rob Thomas are slated to go recurrent this week, and if all goes well, "Thank You" could end the week at #21. We just have to cross our fingers over the next two days that nothing changes.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:54 am

"Thank You" is up another spin. It is now 11 spins ahead of Pink at #24, and 15 spins below Bruno Mars at #22. Adam Lambert and Rob Thomas still look like they're going recurrent. I sure hope I'm right about that because I really want "Thank You" to hit #21 tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 7:00 am

"Thank You" is up 6 spins and is back to having a positive bullet. It is up 11 spins since last week's chart. Smile It was also played on a record 31 stations this week. That means there is a mystery new station that just maybe will result in an add tomorrow. Now #24 is Josh Groban, and his song is 12 spins away (closing in, unfortunately). Bruno Mars at #22 is 25 spins ahead.

I believe Rob Thomas and Adam Lambert will go recurrent today and "Thank You" will reach a new peak of #21. (If I'm wrong I hope people will forgive me -- recurrent rules are confusing.) The chart will be updated sometime this afternoon to remove recurrent songs, and I'll post an update when that happens.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:11 pm

Yay, it's true! "Thank You" is at #21, a new peak on the Mediabase chart, and oh-so-close to Top 20. Smile
Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:32 pm

csprof wrote:
Yay, it's true! "Thank You" is at #21, a new peak on the Mediabase chart, and oh-so-close to Top 20. Smile

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!!! I have no idea how you understand all this spin stuff!!!! LOL Keep Requesting & #ThankYou !!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:00 pm

FTL14Holley wrote:
csprof wrote:

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS!!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!!! I have no idea how you understand all this spin stuff!!!! LOL Keep Requesting & #ThankYou !!!!

Cuz she is our radio guru! I'm so excited about this! Top 20 is in reach! Praying it gets there! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:17 pm

Quote :

Quote :

Cuz she is our radio guru! I'm so excited about this! Top 20 is in reach! Praying it gets there!

It is my great pleasure to share this fantastic news! I hope it will be #20 next time! Seriously, after watching this chart for 2 months, I am ECSTATIC to see the song finally moving up again, especially after things didn't look so good last week. I believe the fans on this forum have made a difference. We just have to keep pushing to get him that last boost up to #20.

I have to laugh when Jenna calls me a "radio guru". You can probably tell from what I wrote I was pretty nervous about claiming #21 this morning, and then having to "face" everyone if I was wrong. I didn't know anything about how radio worked before August, and I'm still figuring it out!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Wooot!!! bounce Thank you, csprof, for always keeping us updated! You got this!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 am

"Thank You" remains at #21 but is down 6 spins. Josh Groban at #24 is 6 spins behind. Bruno Mars at #20 is 41 spins ahead. Mostly today's drop is sort of normal following a big gain like yesterday. The only two things that concern me are that Providence did not play the song all weekend, and it looks like Lafayette, one of our earliest adds, is dropping the song from their playlist.

Here's an update on spins per added station, which mostly looks a whole lot better than last week, with the exception of Lafayette. Most of the stations were up or down a spin or two, and a few older stations upped their number of spins. A whole lot were up by one or two spins.

* New or up by more than two spins:
Flint (4/0), Seattle (1/0), Worcester (14/8 ), Springfield WMAS (11/8 )

* Down by more than two spins:
Lafayette KTDY (1/12) [yikes, another major supporter dropping the song?]

* Appear to be no longer playing it (can we get them back?):
Grand Rapids WLHT, Portsmouth WZID
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 7:19 am

"Thank You" is up 3 spins and remains at #21. It is 5 spins ahead of #22, and now Bon Jovi is #23 and closing in at 12 spins behind. Bruno Mars at #20 is now 58 spins ahead.

The "Beautiful World" comparison is looking stronger this week. At 7 weeks, "Beautiful World" was at #20 with 31 adds, and at 8 weeks, "Thank You" is at #21 with 27 adds.
Unfortunately, the songs at #22 and #23 are closing in. Josh Groban received 4 adds and Bon Jovi received 6 adds compared to our 2 adds.

Our best strategy for Top 20 is to hold onto #21 or as high as we can until some more songs go recurrent in the next few weeks. We should continue to request, particularly at stations that are already playing it, but also at stations that aren't playing it. Oklahoma City and Seattle are recent adds where our members made repeated contact with the DJs and program directors, and eventually it paid off.

A syndicated add like Radio Delilah would be the easiest path to Top 20, so please continue to send Delilah mail. Now that Jim's CD is out, maybe she will be more willing.

Also, let's keep trying at the stations that have recently stopped playing it:

Grand Rapids (WLHT): jerry.noble@townsquaremedia.com
Lafayette (KTDY): cj@999ktdy.com
Providence: tony.bristol@citcomm.com
Portsmouth (WZID): mike_ellis@metronetworks.com
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:01 am

"Thank You" continues at #21 with the same spin count as yesterday. Bon Jovi is now #23 and only 4 spins behind. Josh Groban is 6 spins behind at #24. #20 is 80 spins ahead.

Oklahoma City has not yet played "Thank You" so please request there. Also, let's keep sending mail to Radio Delilah because a syndicated spin sure would be helpful.

Last edited by csprof on Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:19 am

I am so happy to hear it is at #21!! Matt was so excited at the show in Bay City to say that he had a song in the Top 22, so this is even better!! bounce

I am back on 100.3 in Detroit. I mentioned Jim Brickman's CD being available at Target so maybe this will help?! I don't know, but I really wish they would play the song already!!

I will send some emails to Delilah again too.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:01 am

"Thank You" has dropped to #22 with the same spin count as yesterday. It is just 2 spins ahead of #23, and 3 spins behind #21.

I noticed that both Springfield and Hartford did not play "Thank You" yesterday, which is unusual, so may be good targets for requests.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:49 am

Well hopefully it will make a rebound again! Good news though...105.7 Tommy and Brooke show played it this morning!

"Letting you say THANK YOU to those that don't get thanked often enough today. We think we should play Thank You by @immattgiraud, don't you"?

I said absolutely you should play it and they responded with this...

"TommyAndBrook @JennaSG ....we did! Hope he heard it...but he was probably sleeping"!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:56 am

LOL! I love their response!! And love them for playing it and for the little conversation about the song beforehand. =)
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 7:08 am

"Thank You" is up two spins, but has dropped back to #23. Josh Groban at #22 is 2 spins ahead, and now #21 is 13 spins ahead. There is still a lot of positive news. "Thank You" set a record for week-over-week number of stations playing the song at 32, I think there is nothing coming for the near future that will pass "Thank You", and there are probably 3 songs going recurrent in the next 3 weeks.

Last edited by csprof on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 7:27 am

"Thank You" is down 1 spin and still at #23. It's now 13 spins behind #22, 20 spins behind #21 and 120 spins behind #20. It's 31 spins ahead of #24.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:58 am

"Thank You" is down one spin but holding strong at #23, with 28 spins separating it from #24. It is 8 spins below #22, 34 spins below #21. I believe this will be the chart position for the week.

Right now, we need to at least keep the spin counts to their current level and wait for songs to go recurrent to move back up. A syndicated spin would put us back at #21. I don't think there will be a song going recurrent this week, but Lady Gaga has 2 more weeks, Daughtry "Life After You" probably has 3 more weeks (if it is out of the Top 5 at that point), and I am crossing my fingers Taylor Swift will bump Uncle Kracker out of the Top 5 this coming week so he will go recurrent next Sunday.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 7:50 am

"Thank You" is up a spin and at #23. It is 10 spins behind #22 and 46 spins behind #21. Pink at #24 is 31 spins behind.

I can now see how many times the added stations played "Thank You" this past week. We ended the week slightly down from the previous week even with some new stations and old stations growing spins because more stations reduced their spins.

* Up two or more spins:
Chattanooga (10/6), Flint (8/4), Worcester (14/10), Toledo (10/8 ), Oklahoma City (2/0), Seattle (3/1)

* Down two or more spins:
Providence (7/10), Huntsville (3/6), Columbia (14/16), Memphis (14/16), Knoxville (3/5), Melbourne (2/4)
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 7:08 am

"Thank You" is down one spin and staying at #23. It is 15 spins below #22 and 31 spins ahead of #24.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:52 am

"Thank You" had its best day in a while! It is up 5 spins and has the highest spin count since October 4. It is 41 spins ahead of #24, and 17 spins behind #22.

The thing I'm watching this week is whether Uncle Kracker will fall out of the Top 5 and go recurrent, which would bring "Thank You" back to #22. Right now, Uncle Kracker is at #4, but it swaps places every few days with Daughtry who is 16 spins behind. Taylor Swift will pass both of them by Sunday, I think.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 8:15 am

"Thank You" is holding at #23 with the same spin count as yesterday. It is 42 spins ahead of #24 and 16 spins behind #22, so slightly stronger position than yesterday.

We may have to wait another week for Uncle Kracker to go recurrent as Daughtry "Life After You" dropped a bunch, but the good news is that Taylor Swift is #5 now and on her way to shaking up the Top 5 and helping songs go recurrent. Michael Buble is close behind at #7, and Daughtry "September" at #9, all three gaining well over 100 spins per week when everything else around them is dropping in spins.

This doesn't affect "Thank You" yet, but there is finally a new #1 on the AC chart. The Script "Breakeven" bumped Train "Hey Soul Sister" after something like 15 weeks at #1.
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 5:40 pm

csprof wrote:
"
This doesn't affect "Thank You" yet, but there is finally a new #1 on the AC chart. The Script "Breakeven" bumped Train "Hey Soul Sister" after something like 15 weeks at #1.

Thank goodness. I don't normally listen to the radio, especially AC, but I have been listening a lot lately to try and hear "Thank You", and I'm getting really sick of "Hey Soul Sister" Razz
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 6:11 pm

pasnthru, my thoughts exactly regarding "Hey Soul Sister". Having heard it 1000000 times on the radio, I now know all the words to that song, and they are quite odd. Who writes about "the front lobe of my left side brain"??? I've been pulling for the Script for a while!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next