Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:12 am

"Thank You" is sitting at #25 with the same spin count. It is 24 spins behind #24 and 31 spins ahead of Taio Cruz at #26.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:38 am

"Thank You" is down one spin at #25. It is 24 spins ahead of #26, and 27 spins behind #24.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:26 am

"Thank You" is down two more spins and still at #25. It is 18 spins above #26, and 18 spins below #24.

Some strange things are happening on the chart, and I would not be surprised if there are some corrections later today. But for now, Taylor Swift "Mine" is a new #1, and Katy Perry "Teenage Dream" has bumped Katy Perry "California Gurls" out of the Top 10. Uncle Kracker is dropping fast, but unfortunately, Michael Buble is doing terribly this week for some reason. So I do not know if we will have any songs go recurrent this week. Daughtry and Bruno Mars are continuing their climb, and will hopefully both make the Top 5 in a few weeks and knock the current ones off the chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 8:24 am

"Thank You" is at #25 but down five spins. It is now just five spins ahead of #26, and it is 14 spins behind #24. A positive thing today is that "Thank You" had a new station playing it yesterday. I wonder if that will continue and give it a boost.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 20, 2010 6:50 am

"Thank You" is down five spins and is now at #26. It is five spins below #25, and fourteen spins above #27. On the rest of the chart, spin counts are dropping a lot for almost all the songs as the Christmas music starts to take over.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:55 am

"Thank You" is down 12 spins today, but is still at #26 for now, and I believe this will be its chart position for the week. It is 19 spins behind #25, and 14 spins ahead of #27. The whole chart is down due to the introduction of holiday music. There are very few positive bullets in the Top 30, and one is David Archuleta singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 am

"Thank You" dropped another nine spins and is now at #27. It has the same spin count as #26 (Mike Posner), and is nine spins ahead of #28, David Archuleta singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas", and is 12 spins ahead of #29, Katharine McPhee singing "I'll Be Home for Christmas".

It has dropped down to 24 stations playing the song from 32 just a few days ago. Most of these that have dropped out are the 5 unidentified stations that have been playing it once every week, but Seattle also dropped it this week, and a couple of other stations have dropped the number of spins considerably. Apparently the holiday music really takes over on AC, which is what we are seeing. I think the weekend is particularly bad, which is the reason for the huge drops from Saturday and Sunday.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 am

"Thank You" has dropped three more spins and is now at #29. Sad

It is 5 spins below #28, and 13 spins above #30.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 6:45 am

"Thank You" is still at #29 but dropped another nine spins. It is twelve spins below #28, and just three spins ahead of #30.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 6:40 am

"Thank You" is still at #29 with the same spin count as yesterday, eight spins behind #28 and 1 spin ahead of #30.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 6:41 am

"Thank You" has dropped another 11 spins and is now at #31. It is 11 spins ahead of #32, and seven spins behind #30. It could go back to #30 when Uncle Kracker goes recurrent this week. What's happening to "Thank You" is happening all over the chart, as holiday music is taking over. Many of the top ten songs are down 600 or 700 spins for the week.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 7:28 am

Ugh! "Thank You" has dropped sixteen spins and is now at #34. All the songs from #31-#34 have the same or one more spin, and #35 is two spins behind. As if the drop wasn't enough, Susan Boyle "Silent Night" passed "Thank You" and is at #31.

"Thank You" would have gone recurrent in six weeks, but it is looking to me like it might drop off the Top 40 before that. At least one song will go recurrent tomorrow, and a couple more look possible with all this chart movement, so maybe that will buy "Thank You" a little more time on the chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 28, 2010 7:31 am

"Thank You" has dropped another six spins and is now at #36. Uncle Kracker should finally go recurrent today, and "Thank You" should end the week at #35. It is two spins ahead of #37, and 5 spins behind what is now #35.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 7:04 am

"Thank You" ended up at #33 on last week's chart after three Christmas songs were removed yesterday. But unfortunately, today it is down fourteen more spins and is at #35.

I'm confused by yesterday's chart. Three Christmas songs, by David Archuleta, Susan Boyle and Trans-Siberian Orchestra, went recurrent, but Uncle Kracker did not after falling out of the Top 5. My theory about the Christmas songs being removed is that they are songs from last year and should not have been there in the first place, but I am not sure. Now I think a few other songs might go recurrent this coming week (including Katy Perry, "California Gurls" and Lady Antebellum "I Need You Now"). We'll have to see if "Thank You" can stay in the Top 40 to make this coming week's chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 7:18 am

"Thank You" is at #37 with the same spin count as yesterday. I'm thinking it can hang in there in the Top 40 this week because there is only one holiday song below it right now. Let's see.

I learned that the Christmas songs that went recurrent Sunday were from last year and a song automatically goes recurrent after a year on the chart. There are three more from last year ahead of "Thank You" that should go recurrent some time in the next 3 weeks. I'm still not sure why Uncle Kracker didn't go recurrent -- maybe they suspend some of the recurrent rules for this holiday freeze period?
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 6:56 am

"Thank You" remains at #37 with the same spin count for the third day in a row, and for some reason, a few extra stations playing it. I now think it will probably stay in the Top 40 this week as it seems to have stabilized. It is just three spins below #35 and #36, and #38 is 11 spins below it.

Last edited by csprof on Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 7:32 am

"Thank You" is holding at #37, but is down two spins. It is four spins ahead of #38.

I'm really curious what will happen when recurrent songs are removed on Sunday. Under the normal rules for recurrents, at least four songs would be removed, and possibly a couple more. However, last week Uncle Kracker was not removed, which makes me wonder if they suspend regular songs going recurrent during this period because the chart is so crazy. Having other songs go recurrent would help prolong "Thank You"'s time on the chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 7:50 am

"Thank You" actually gained six spins and moved up to #36. It has the same spin count as #35 and is seven spins ahead of #37. It's a small victory, but nice to see it have staying power when several songs that were ranked above it (for example, by Seal and Josh Groban) have dropped out of the Top 40 for now.

There are now two holiday songs in the top 10, Mariah Carey's new song at #3 and Glee's "Last Christmas" at #10. There are five more holiday songs ranked above "Thank You" and two more below in the Top 40. Crazy, crazy chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 7:55 am

A very positive update today! "Thank You" is up twelve spins and has bounced back to #31, its highest chart position all week, and highest spin count for six days. It is four spins below #30. If it can hold this chart position, depending on whether other songs go recurrent, we may be back in the Top 30 for the official chart tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:34 pm

csprof wrote:
A very positive update today! "Thank You" is up twelve spins and has bounced back to #31, its highest chart position all week, and highest spin count for six days. It is four spins below #30. If it can hold this chart position, depending on whether other songs go recurrent, we may be back in the Top 30 for the official chart tomorrow!

wooooo-hooooooo! Were the extra spins from Cincinnati by chance? I had some friends and family call and request it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 6:47 am

Lots more good news today! "Thank You" is up seven more spins, and is back in the Top 30 at #30. It has a positive bullet for the first time since November 16. It is one of just THREE non-holiday songs in the Top 30 with a positive bullet, and the other two are much newer songs. (I'm wondering if Jim's holiday concert tour is helping it, or maybe a Grand Rapids station is playing it in anticipation of Matt's concert.) It also has its highest spin count since November 26. It might go higher still today if other songs go recurrent. Under normal recurrent rules, four or maybe five songs above "Thank You" would be removed, but I am not sure whether those rules are in place during what is called the "holiday freeze".

Christina, in answer to your question about the Cincinnati station, if you are talking about WRRM, you can track their daily playlist at the following link:

http://www.warm98.com/Whatwasthatsong/tabid/446/Default.aspx

They did not play the song yesterday or so far this morning, and it only goes back one day. There was a bump up in the number of stations playing the song on Friday, so maybe it was them???
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 7:16 pm

Yay! "Thank You" ends the week at #28!!! Solidly back in the Top 30!

The two songs that went recurrent today were Uncle Kracker "Smile", after over a year on the chart, and former #1 "Need You Now" by Lady Antebellum. I am now quite confused about the recurrent rules, since there are two other songs I thought should go recurrent but didn't. But I am happy the chart is clearing out a little. If I understand things, I believe two holiday songs and possibly two to four other songs are slated to go recurrent next week.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:57 am

#24 !!!! Smile Smile Smile !!!

"Thank You" is up sixteen more spins and is at #24! It is one spin below #23, and in a clump of three songs #24-26 that all have the same spin count. #22 is sixteen spins ahead, and #20 is 34 spins ahead. It has gained 41 spins since its low point of Thursday, and I think it is likely to keep going up a few more days. It also had four stations play it yesterday that had not played it all week, so that could help increase spins too.

I think the song will get an add today and we'll figure out who is playing it. Based on what I can track, it received 21 spins last week from four stations that have not added it yet, whereas in a normal week there are 5-7 such spins. I suspect one or two new stations are playing it a ton as of Thursday, and that is why it has been climbing so quickly.

To think this time last week I was worried the song was about to drop out of the Top 40! I'm really excited to see what happens this week!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 11:59 am

Woohoo!!! cheers Fingers crossed the momentum keeps on!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:36 pm

The mystery of the increased spin counts is solved. "Thank You" received two adds this week, bringing it up to a total of 30. They are WEZF in Burlington, VT, which played "Thank You" 11 times last week, and WRAL in Raleigh, NC, which played "Thank You" 5 times. What I'm a little cautious about is that perhaps these are places where Jim is having a concert and the spins won't continue. I know he had a concert in Greensboro, NC over the weekend, for example.

You may have seen a posting by "IdolsNow" that "Thank You" moved up to #21 from #26. That is its position on the Billboard chart, which uses different stations from the Mediabase chart I track. It is great though, because if Matt can keep momentum for the rest of the week, he might have an easier time getting to Top 20 on Billboard than Mediabase. Nevertheless, I think Top 20 is possible on both charts if the increases last a few more days before plateauing, and I would sure like to see that!

Another interesting chart today was Brian Mansfield's USAToday Idol Airplay chart, where Matt is at #60, up from #73 last week. What is interesting is that Brian lists "Thank You"'s spin count as being roughly twice the Mediabase AC count, which I think may suggest it is also being played by some other format besides AC.

Can't wait to see what happens the rest of the week!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next