Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 6:45 am

"Thank You" remains at #19 with the same spin count as yesterday. However, it passed Katy Perry's "California Gurls", but was also passed by a Dave Barnes holiday song that was #20 yesterday. It has the same spin count as #18, is three spins behind #17, and now fourteen spins behind #15.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 8:04 am

"Thank You" has dropped eight spins and is now at #21. Sad It was passed again by Katy Perry, "California Gurls" and by Wilson Phillips "Little Drummer Boy". It is seven spins below #20, four spins above #22, and now 22 spins away from #15.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:29 am

"Thank You" is back at #20 and up two spins. It passed "California Gurls" again. It is just one spin ahead of #21, and three spins behind #19. Let's see if it can stay in the Top 20 for two more days.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 6:38 am

"Thank You" is still at #20 but down four spins. It is just one spin above #21, and nine spins away from #19. It was passed again by Katy Perry, but is ahead again of Wilson Phillips. I'm not sure whether it can stay in the Top 20 this week. There are four songs ahead of it that will likely be eligible to go recurrent, but since nothing went recurrent last week, I am not counting on recurrents this week.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 6:46 am

"Thank You" is down six spins and now at #23. Sad It is thirteen spins ahead of #24, and has the same spin count as #22, so will probably move up a little in the coming week.

There are several songs above "Thank You" eligible to go recurrent this week, although last week nothing went recurrent. (I have heard the recurrents are suspended during the holiday freeze.) Let's see if this week is the same. If The Script, Colbie Callait and Katy Perry go recurrent, we'd be back at #20 this afternoon. I'll post an update if anything changes.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 8:10 am

"Thank You" is back to #19, up six spins from yesterday. I'm a little disappointed it didn't do this yesterday when it counted, but let's hope it can end the week above #20 so it gets a new peak. It is fifteen spins below #18, so I think it will be hard to move up further, while it is three spins above #20, and in a clump with #20-22.

Among the added stations, the spin counts were mostly consistent with last week. I was impressed that Lansing played the song 35 times, up from 30 spins last week! Also, Portland, OR (new add from last week) increased its spins a lot. Oklahoma City returned to playing the song after dropping it, but Shreveport and Monterey-Salinas dropped it again this week after testing it out last week. Other than that, Newburgh, NY, Columbia, SC, and Raleigh, NC reduced their spins. There were also 10 spins on five unknown stations, and all I know about is that Cincinnati was one of them.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:09 pm

There is a bunch of great chart news this afternoon.

"Thank You" is at a new peak of #16 on the official Billboard chart, according to IdolsNow (I won't see the chart for a few days)!

In Brian Mansfield's Idol Airplay chart for the week, "Thank You" is at a new peak of #48, up from last week's peak of #50. What is very curious about Brian's chart is that more than half of the spins this week are from stations that are not AC. Up until two weeks ago or so, only 10 or 20 spins came from outside the AC format. I wish I knew what other format is playing it!

There are no adds for the next two weeks, so it will be tough to figure out who besides the previously added stations are playing the song. I'm wondering what will happen this week and whether the song will keep going after Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 am

This is exciting! Maybe it will make it into the Top 10! Very Happy

Also, I can't wait until we are watching the charts for Matt's own music!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 8:05 am

"Thank You" is still at #19, but down four spins since yesterday. It is just one spin ahead of #20, and fourteen behind #18.

Christina, I am enjoying seeing "Thank You" do so well because it gives Matt bragging rights. His tweet last night made me smile. However, I agree that it would be so much more fun if it were one of Matt's songs (and if possible, a different format like HAC).

Anna mentioned pushing "You Don't Know Me" to radio prior to the CD release, so I am wondering if we'll be doing this again next month with that song!
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 11:47 am

If You Don't Know Me goes to radio that would be awesome too! Matt's name is being put out there and it's only going to help him when he releases I Miss You Tonight, which is supposed to be in February.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
hazuki

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm glad my favorites are doing so well on the Adult Contemporary chart! Awesome to see. Matt at #19 and Kat at #23 & #9 bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 6:48 am

"Thank You" has dropped five spins and is at #21. Sad It has the same spin count as #20, is six spins behind #19, and is eight spins ahead of #22.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2010 7:15 am

"Thank You" is at #21, and up a spin from yesterday. It is four spins below #20 and six spins above #22.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:42 am

"Thank You" is at #21 and down five spins. It is eight spins below #20 and four spins ahead of #22. It needs to hang onto #21 to have a chance to end the week at #20. I think that Kat McPhee's #9 song will go recurrent Sunday because it has been on the chart for over a year.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 7:00 am

"Thank You" is at #18, its highest Mediabase position yet! I hope it holds until tomorrow when it becomes official.

It is up one spin from yesterday, and passed Colby Caillat, Maroon 5 and John Mayer, who all dropped like a rock. It is just one spin above #19 and #20, and two spins below #17.

To everyone on this forum celebrating Christmas today, I hope you have a wonderful day!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:21 pm

Great news csprof! Merry Christmas to you too and to all of Matt's fans! I think 2011 will bring us much to be thankful for!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 7:25 am

WOO HOO! IT'S OFFICIAL! #18, A NEW PEAK!

"Thank You" ends the week at #18, a new Mediabase peak. It actually dropped four spins, but managed to pass Taio Cruz and was passed by Wilson Phillips so held its position. I don't believe anything will go recurrent today, so I think this will be its official position for the week. I'll be visiting family and away from my computer, so won't post an update until tomorrow. If you all want to check whether it moves up after 3PM PST, the link is with the table at the top of this thread.

And pasnthru, I think you are right. Matt will be promoting the CD with Anna and releasing his own music soon. Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:52 am

"Thank You" is down ten spins and at #23 today, having been passed by the four songs it passed in the last two days along with Katy Perry's "California Gurls". It should pass the five holiday songs that are ahead of it in the near future, but there are also a whole lot of non-holiday songs that used to be ahead of it that may pass it again. There are also a few songs ahead of it that are eligible to go recurrent.

I guess we will know whether "Thank You" is going to continue after the holidays after this week. It is eligible to go recurrent on January 9 if it is not in the Top 15. It will surely lose some stations that picked it up to play the Christmas version of the song, but some stations that used to play it before the freeze may pick it back up again.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 7:53 am

"Thank You" is down just one spin but has dropped to #24. It passed one holiday song and was passed by two others.

Some encouraging news is that it picked up three new stations yesterday as some of the stations that dropped it for holiday music started playing it again. One of these was Shreveport. Perhaps it can pick up its spin count as it gets back its old stations.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:09 am

"Thank You" has the same spin count as yesterday but has dropped to #28. It is 24 spins ahead of #29, and still has four holiday songs ahead of it that are dropping quickly, so maybe it has stabilized for now.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:16 pm

"Thank You" is up one spin from yesterday and is up to #27. It passed a holiday song today, and will likely pass another one tomorrow. It is ten spins below #26 and three spins above #28.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:44 am

"Thank You" is up ten spins today and is at #26. It moved up because a song that was an obvious error was removed, but it is also in a stronger position due to the increased spins. It added back another station yesterday, too. It is now thirteen spins ahead of #27, and thirteen spins behind #25. There are still three holiday songs above it on the chart that should drop below it by Sunday or next week at the latest.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:34 am

I forgot to mention how "Thank You" did on other charts this week. On yesterday's Billboard chart, "Thank You" was at #20, its third straight week in Billboard's AC top 20 but down from last week's peak of #16.

On Brian Mansfield's USA Today Idol Airplay chart, "Thank You" ranked #49, down one spot from the previous week's peak of #48.

To all the lucky folks seeing Matt's performance tonight, have a wonderful time! I won't be home tonight to catch a livecast if one is planned, but will look forward to videos!!!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 9:19 pm

I almost never look at the Mediabase chart after the afternoon update, but happened to notice that a bunch of errors were corrected with the 1PM update. "Thank You" is still at #26, but has only six spins above yesterday. The good news is that it picked up two stations rather than just one. The bad news that it passed a holiday song rather than a regular song, and so there are now just two holiday songs ahead of it.

It must be exciting for the folks at Firekeepers as 11:30 approaches! I'm off to celebrate the New Year. Happy New Year, everyone!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 01, 2011 9:17 am

"Thank You" is back to #27 and down five spins. It is 31 spins ahead of #28, and will probably go back to #26 tomorrow.

Happy New Year!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next