Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre

Go down 
+20
Janizzle
skycheyan
OvenMitt
Heidi
cranberry
Wedding Card Box Designer
slick7
Cindyy
make.a.moment
be11s
pebbles87
sgr91
livgiraud
mattyg93
meagsmatt
mattyfan
peacehope
mch
Jenna
crys7
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mattyfan

mattyfan

The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:12 pm

Kudos to Scott for being honest and candid in telling us the truth behind this travesty! Shame, shame, SHAME on the ones responsible for cutting what would have been an EPIC performance and depriving tens of millions of viewers worldwide!!!

OMG, if you listen to the rough rehearsal, that was beyond PHENOMENAL!!!!!!! Matt and Scott, AWESOME JOB!!!!!! Vocals and piano playing - SPOT ON!!!!

BIG REQUEST: Please, please, fellow Matty fans, someone who can, kindly share an mp3 audio file of this performance. Please, please. I'm so scared AI would force Scott to remove this from his myspace. I can't stop listening to it.
Back to top Go down
make.a.moment

make.a.moment

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:29 pm

mattyfan wrote:
Kudos to Scott for being honest and candid in telling us the truth behind this travesty! Shame, shame, SHAME on the ones responsible for cutting what would have been an EPIC performance and depriving tens of millions of viewers worldwide!!!

OMG, if you listen to the rough rehearsal, that was beyond PHENOMENAL!!!!!!! Matt and Scott, AWESOME JOB!!!!!! Vocals and piano playing - SPOT ON!!!!

BIG REQUEST: Please, please, fellow Matty fans, someone who can, kindly share an mp3 audio file of this performance. Please, please. I'm so scared AI would force Scott to remove this from his myspace. I can't stop listening to it.

Yes, please!! I can't stop listening to it either! Got goosebumps and chills and all those good things. would be a terrible thing to lose it. I really thing AI should release it on Itunes. Seems only fair to me.
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:31 pm

mattyfan wrote:

http://www.mediafire.com/?glhmnjozkjt

(:

and your welcome everyone! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss

PostSubject: Don''''''''t worry   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:32 pm

Matt doesn't need american idol to make his career. He has God given TALENT that will take him where he needs to go! His passion for music will out last American Idol show, so we don't need to worry about his future....it's in the Master's hands!
Best to you Matt & your destiny!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Cindyy wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

(:

OMG, thank you! mwah!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
make.a.moment

make.a.moment

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:14 am

Cindyy wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

(:

thank you so much! I really don't know what I'd do without this squad...
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:19 am

make.a.moment wrote:
Cindyy wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

(:

thank you so much! I really don't know what I'd do without this squad...

Oh wow you rock!! thanks so much!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 12:22 am

OMG thank you so much! Matt sounds amazing...sorry Scott not so much! It's complete BS that this was cut! Loved the piano playing. God I can't wait to see him perform live! I am still so angry and heartbroken especially now after hearing it!

I have wanted to hear Matt sing a Billy Joel song for so long and this was better than I even imagined!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:39 am

Another article on Scott's blog....

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/05/finalist-scott.html

Not good for Scott I don't think. I hope he doesn't get into touble for this. I am so glad it wasn't Matt spilling the beans.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:21 am

From MJ's...interesting!

Quote :
2nd UPDATE: Access Hollywood contacted Billy Joel’s Rep who said that despite Scott’s claims, Joel “was never offered to duet with Scott.” She added that Joel, “never agreed to appear on ‘Idol.’”

I didn't think Billy Joel would agree to come on Idol because he doesn't think AI is a good stage to try and become a musician, not to mention he is on tour. I bet you AI was just throwing it around and telling Scott that. Why I don't know but then again why anything with that stupid show? Well I'm glad because I love Billy Joel and I didn't want to be disappointed in him for standing Matt up.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:34 am

I don't know how you guys feel about Scott's revelation about this whole thing. I'm sure there are mixed opinions here. I personally commend his honesty. At the risk of irking TPTB, he chose to answer the burning question fans had sent his way and expressed his own disappointment candidly. It is his personal blog afterall and is free to say whatever he wants.

Regardless of how you feel, if you can, as Matt fans please do leave a comment of thanks to him for posting the audio on his Myspace.

Had he not posted it, we would have been deprived forever of a phenomenal audio performance by Matt.

I have strong feelings against those blogs/online articles that do nothing but bash the Idols for every little thing, real or imagined (MOSTLY imagined!!), that they can find. Just keeping it real... Smile
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:07 am

So, thanks Scott for telling the ugly truth.It's "good" to know what happened,but I'm pleased it was not Matt who told the true story.What a disappointment it had to be for them both.BIG FAIL AI yes. Can nothing but admire how they survived the finale after bad news. Matt did awesome with Santana in that short notice. AI is really an ugly game bullshitting these talented people.And almost pucked when I visited MJ's, the contempt there is so ridiculous,people are bloodsuckers just waiting for any change to attack.
There were lovely defenders doing good job. Smile
Loved the rehearsal tape. Matt sounded so great ,the pianos were wonderful.What a perfect top entertaining performance for the finale it would have been.
Back to top Go down
Heidi

Heidi

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:27 am

Thank you for posting the link. He sounds incredible...as always.
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:09 am

Jenna wrote:
From MJ's...interesting!

Quote :
2nd UPDATE: Access Hollywood contacted Billy Joel’s Rep who said that despite Scott’s claims, Joel “was never offered to duet with Scott.” She added that Joel, “never agreed to appear on ‘Idol.’”

Wow, so did AI lie to Matt and Scott? Why would they say they would try and get Billy Joel and then not even contact him? I'm even more disgusted at the moment. I guess I can see them attempting to get a hold of Billy Joel, and not being able to do it. But you think his rep would have a record of the attempt to contact him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 10:46 am

Scott didn't really ever say that Billy Joel cancelled, exactly. He said he was asked to come, but in the end he didn't make it. That's not exactly the same thing as cancelling. You could infer that BJ was asked to perform, couldn't do it, so they planned the duet with only Scott and Matt. Then, when they needed to cut something, they axed their performance because there wasn't a celeb. That's my take on it, but Scott wasn't clear enough to be sure.

Both Matt and Scott tweeted about duets, specifically, not trios or anything else. And when Scott described it, he said there were two pianos on stage. I just don't think they were planning for Billy Joel at the end.

Doesn't really matter, though, because the bottom line still sucks - we all got robbed -- Matt, Scott, and their fans. Dammit.

Last edited by flicker on Mon May 25, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 11:09 am

You know.. Something seems fishy too me that Billy Joel was never contacted to appear on Idol Hmm. Were they lying to Scott and Matt? But I can see why Billy was no available he is not a fan of people entering American Idol to make it in the business.

All I can say after hearing that recording is that would have rocked the finale, but honestly Scott doesn't have the vocal chops to pull it off like Matt does. It would have even better the dueling pianos duet with only Matt singing.

Matt's voice is so smooth and current and perfect. Sigh..
Anyways... I am so happy Matt is keeping quiet about all this. That's the classy way to go. He is being smart and I hope he stays that way. It'd for his own good. Scott is getting some bad rep with all this whining.

You go Matty G! I am sure we will hear about a recording contract pretty soon. I am excited about Matt's future career.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Okay.....As soon as I heard that rehearsal audio, the tears started rolling down my face. THIS is what we wanted, what we deserved, what we were deprived of in favor of a sideshow.

Now, I know alot of you are saying you are glad Scott exposed the ugly truth about what happened rather than Matt. I have to say that, while I am on that list, too, I must give Scott his props. That guy has balls of steel! He was risking his contract, his credibility, not to mention his musical career by daring to blow the whistle on the wrongdoings of Idol. Seriously, no matter how Scott "came off" in that blog, I commend him for his bravery, AND for giving Matt's fans some insight and closure, as well.

Moving on, I am still flabbergasted that TPTB would want to omit this performance. Were they afraid that Scatt (I will refer to Scott and Matt is such for the duration of this post for brevity) would steal an iota of thunder from their precious Adam? Who, by the way, I honestly think was a plant set up for ratings to lose at the end. And Matt was supposed to be the winner, but got screwed up by the wildcard/save debacle, so Kris was the understudy. Yes, that's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking to it!

Anywho, we all know what could have been done to make room for Scatt's performance. As that recording clearly proves, Billy Joel wasn't needed for that song to be successful(Hell, SCOTT was barely needed to make it successful, but I get the appeal of the dueling pianos thing). I'm thinking it could only be two things: TPTB are trying to downplay Matt because he might have suggested he wouldn't want to sign with 19E, and that's their way of exacting revenge. You know, an 'if I can't have you, nobody will" type scenario. Or, the producers are so fucked up this year that, once again, they actually figured that people would prefer to see the antics of three long-gone jokes of contestants in lieu of finalists. I know this show isn't supposed to be about "artistry" (who the hell knows what that word is supposed to mean anymore, anyway!), but is it about tomfoolery? At least if we have to hear someone sing, it should be someone we collectively voted for to be doing it!

*sigh* I'm afraid that no matter how much we rack our brains on this one, we won't find any immediate or sufficient explanations any time soon. It will be a few more months, after the tour, after (Lord help me!) Kris and Adam release their albums, that we will have the real answers. If Matt gets a record deal with 19E, we'll know they were being greedy with him. If Matt gets a record deal with another label, we'll know it's because he knew 19E was fucked and they were pissed he wouldn't play their games. If Scatt do not get any record deals, we'll know it's the fallout from this finale debacle (I refuse to believe they don't have the chops for the music industry, so let's just not even consider that option!). And if Scott gets a record deal and Matt doesn't, we'll know the rest of the world is on drugs!
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:35 pm

I find it interesting that apparently Billy Joel wasn't even invited to perform at the AI finale.
Hm.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:58 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Okay.....As soon as I heard that rehearsal audio, the tears started rolling down my face. THIS is what we wanted, what we deserved, what we were deprived of in favor of a sideshow.

Now, I know alot of you are saying you are glad Scott exposed the ugly truth about what happened rather than Matt. I have to say that, while I am on that list, too, I must give Scott his props. That guy has balls of steel! He was risking his contract, his credibility, not to mention his musical career by daring to blow the whistle on the wrongdoings of Idol. Seriously, no matter how Scott "came off" in that blog, I commend him for his bravery, AND for giving Matt's fans some insight and closure, as well.

Moving on, I am still flabbergasted that TPTB would want to omit this performance. Were they afraid that Scatt (I will refer to Scott and Matt is such for the duration of this post for brevity) would steal an iota of thunder from their precious Adam? Who, by the way, I honestly think was a plant set up for ratings to lose at the end. And Matt was supposed to be the winner, but got screwed up by the wildcard/save debacle, so Kris was the understudy. Yes, that's my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking to it!

Anywho, we all know what could have been done to make room for Scatt's performance. As that recording clearly proves, Billy Joel wasn't needed for that song to be successful(Hell, SCOTT was barely needed to make it successful, but I get the appeal of the dueling pianos thing). I'm thinking it could only be two things: TPTB are trying to downplay Matt because he might have suggested he wouldn't want to sign with 19E, and that's their way of exacting revenge. You know, an 'if I can't have you, nobody will" type scenario. Or, the producers are so fucked up this year that, once again, they actually figured that people would prefer to see the antics of three long-gone jokes of contestants in lieu of finalists. I know this show isn't supposed to be about "artistry" (who the hell knows what that word is supposed to mean anymore, anyway!), but is it about tomfoolery? At least if we have to hear someone sing, it should be someone we collectively voted for to be doing it!

*sigh* I'm afraid that no matter how much we rack our brains on this one, we won't find any immediate or sufficient explanations any time soon. It will be a few more months, after the tour, after (Lord help me!) Kris and Adam release their albums, that we will have the real answers. If Matt gets a record deal with 19E, we'll know they were being greedy with him. If Matt gets a record deal with another label, we'll know it's because he knew 19E was fucked and they were pissed he wouldn't play their games. If Scatt do not get any record deals, we'll know it's the fallout from this finale debacle (I refuse to believe they don't have the chops for the music industry, so let's just not even consider that option!). And if Scott gets a record deal and Matt doesn't, we'll know the rest of the world is on drugs!

I love everything you wrote here girl, especially the bolded part! It's like the intervention conspiracy thread all over again! You really might be on to something with that theory... and I, too am convinced Adam was a plant, who waits that long to try out for a show and also if he were god's gift to music like we've all been told he his, why hasn't he made it big yet?

But my take on the Scatt thing (good nickname!) While I commend Scott for his bravery for revealing the truth of this issue, he does come off a little douchy, especially since after listening to the rehearsal footage, Matt is carrying the duet! It sucks for us because people would've went GAGA over Matt but Scott should almost be happy people didn't get to see him get schooled! And if he already has a record deal for an upcoming fall CD, then I'm Angelina Jolie and am dating Brad Pitt! I commend Matt more that he's keeping quiet about it tho! Scott's getting quite the tongue lashing in the media about what he's said and Matt definitely does NOT need that topped on to the other adversity AI has tacked on to him! The optimist in me wants to think that Matt is keeping quiet because there is still many many options left open for him as far as record deals are concerned (from 19E and others) and he doesn't want to seem greedy and have it taken away!

The Billy Joel thing will now and forever confuse me. I found it odd that he would agree to do something like that while he was on tour..... He's not exactly the young spry thing he used to be and probably has enough trouble getting through a long tour as it is, let alone adding a performance on AI. Now I know he never did.... I don't know why the producers would never ask someone to appear but tell contestants that they did???? It makes no sense to me that they would do that. So one of two things have happened here 1) Scott's just using the name Billy Joel to garner sympathy (he could have just assumed Billy Joel was asked because they were singing one of his songs) or 2) TPTB never asked Billy Joel to perform but told Scatt (still a good nickname!) they did and he just couldn't make it at the very last minute just so they had something to scrap if they needed to get rid of something because of time contrainsts... the human being in me makes me want to believe 1 but the Idol watcher in me (because I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the producers of this show) makes me lean towards 2...

either way, I'm still excited for Matt after listening to this recording. If the media gets ahold of this story (which it already kind of has) and then gets ahold of the rehearsal tape, Matt comes off REALLY good and Scott doesn't. It's almost like free publicity for Matt!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 3:27 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:

I love everything you wrote here girl, especially the bolded part! It's like the intervention conspiracy thread all over again! You really might be on to something with that theory... and I, too am convinced Adam was a plant, who waits that long to try out for a show and also if he were god's gift to music like we've all been told he his, why hasn't he made it big yet?

But my take on the Scatt thing (good nickname!) While I commend Scott for his bravery for revealing the truth of this issue, he does come off a little douchy, especially since after listening to the rehearsal footage, Matt is carrying the duet! It sucks for us because people would've went GAGA over Matt but Scott should almost be happy people didn't get to see him get schooled! And if he already has a record deal for an upcoming fall CD, then I'm Angelina Jolie and am dating Brad Pitt! I commend Matt more that he's keeping quiet about it tho! Scott's getting quite the tongue lashing in the media about what he's said and Matt definitely does NOT need that topped on to the other adversity AI has tacked on to him! The optimist in me wants to think that Matt is keeping quiet because there is still many many options left open for him as far as record deals are concerned (from 19E and others) and he doesn't want to seem greedy and have it taken away!
The Billy Joel thing will now and forever confuse me. I found it odd that he would agree to do something like that while he was on tour..... He's not exactly the young spry thing he used to be and probably has enough trouble getting through a long tour as it is, let alone adding a performance on AI. Now I know he never did.... I don't know why the producers would never ask someone to appear but tell contestants that they did???? It makes no sense to me that they would do that. So one of two things have happened here 1) Scott's just using the name Billy Joel to garner sympathy (he could have just assumed Billy Joel was asked because they were singing one of his songs) or 2) TPTB never asked Billy Joel to perform but told Scatt (still a good nickname!) they did and he just couldn't make it at the very last minute just so they had something to scrap if they needed to get rid of something because of time contrainsts... the human being in me makes me want to believe 1 but the Idol watcher in me (because I wouldn't put ANYTHING past the producers of this show) makes me lean towards 2...

either way, I'm still excited for Matt after listening to this recording. If the media gets ahold of this story (which it already kind of has) and then gets ahold of the rehearsal tape, Matt comes off REALLY good and Scott doesn't. It's almost like free publicity for Matt!
First of all, LOFL at the Angelina Jolie comment! Yeah, there's no way Scott has a record deal. Just no.

Second of all, I didn't mention it in my original post, but I am COMPLETELY proud of Matt for keeping quiet about this hubbub. He prolly knows he could burn bridges by making a big stink about this, and I'd like to think he DOES have lots of options that will remain open to him if he stays quiet. Keepin' it classy, Matty!

Third, I never thought of it from your perspective, but you are right. This puts Matt in a great position: people have heard the truth, they have heard the (awesome!) recording, and it all works in Matt's favor. Maybe Scott was doing Matt a soild like the guy who went to prison for Notorious B.I.G.: he knows that Matt has a chance at success, so he's taking a risk with his own future to ensure that someone with more talent will have a shot. Okay, maybe that's not what he's doing! But regardless of the motives, this Scatt frenzy will bode well for Matt. People will prolly be clammoring to get some info out of Matt, record companies will be reminded (yet again) how valueable a commodity Matt really is, and Matt didn't even have to stir the pot to make it happen! Until that scenario unfolds, I am going to contiue praying that things will work out well for Matty. He got that wildcard, that save, and this attention for a reason. Success is his destiny.....people are just a little slow in realizing it!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:19 pm

I don't think there's any confusion at all re. the Billy Joel connection. Scott said BJ was ORIGINALLY planned to perform with them. Apparently that idea was dropped early on, and so a Matt-Scott duet was prepared for the Finale. When the show had to be cut in length, the SCATT duet was scrapped because it was the only one without a celebrity involved. Of course, we can argue that there were lame fillers (Norman, Tatiana, Bikini Girl for one!!!, then the lengthy guitar solo by Santana!?!, etc, etc) that could have been cut instead, but unfortunately, poor judgment from the producers prevailed. Thus we all lost on what could have been an EPIC performance. Boo... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:41 pm

mattyfan wrote:
I don't think there's any confusion at all re. the Billy Joel connection. Scott said BJ was ORIGINALLY planned to perform with them. Apparently that idea was dropped early on, and so a Matt-Scott duet was prepared for the Finale. When the show had to be cut in length, the SCATT duet was scrapped because it was the only one without a celebrity involved. Of course, we can argue that there were lame fillers (Norman, Tatiana, Bikini Girl for one!!!, then the lengthy guitar solo by Santana!?!, etc, etc) that could have been cut instead, but unfortunately, poor judgment from the producers prevailed. Thus we all lost on what could have been an EPIC performance. Boo... Crying or Very sad

That's what I was trying to say, but you say it much better.

Scott didn't even say that BJ was PLANNED to perform with them, just that he was INVITED. He worded it vaguely to me. I don't think there's conspiracies, and possibly no one's lying. I think it might just be semantics. It's possible that the "invitation" didn't get any further than checking BJ's schedule and seeing that he was on tour. Who knows.

I agree with everyone that it sucks a big one, though. Sad
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:11 pm

flicker wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

That's what I was trying to say, but you say it much better.

Scott didn't even say that BJ was PLANNED to perform with them, just that he was INVITED. He worded it vaguely to me. I don't think there's conspiracies, and possibly no one's lying. I think it might just be semantics. It's possible that the "invitation" didn't get any further than checking BJ's schedule and seeing that he was on tour. Who knows.

I agree with everyone that it sucks a big one, though. Sad

High five, flicker! Now I'm just thankful for the audio we get to listen to. "No regrets, just looking forward..."
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:13 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

First of all, LOFL at the Angelina Jolie comment! Yeah, there's no way Scott has a record deal. Just no.

Second of all, I didn't mention it in my original post, but I am COMPLETELY proud of Matt for keeping quiet about this hubbub. He prolly knows he could burn bridges by making a big stink about this, and I'd like to think he DOES have lots of options that will remain open to him if he stays quiet. Keepin' it classy, Matty!

Third, I never thought of it from your perspective, but you are right. This puts Matt in a great position: people have heard the truth, they have heard the (awesome!) recording, and it all works in Matt's favor. Maybe Scott was doing Matt a soild like the guy who went to prison for Notorious B.I.G.: he knows that Matt has a chance at success, so he's taking a risk with his own future to ensure that someone with more talent will have a shot. Okay, maybe that's not what he's doing! But regardless of the motives, this Scatt frenzy will bode well for Matt. People will prolly be clammoring to get some info out of Matt, record companies will be reminded (yet again) how valueable a commodity Matt really is, and Matt didn't even have to stir the pot to make it happen! Until that scenario unfolds, I am going to contiue praying that things will work out well for Matty. He got that wildcard, that save, and this attention for a reason. Success is his destiny.....people are just a little slow in realizing it![/quote]

That made me LOL for like 5 minutes! Maybe it's my Matt obsession or maybe it's my subconscious trying to work the PR degree I just spent tens of thousands of dollars earning... but this whole situation is actually helping Matt. Everything you said in that paragraph is ture. If you read the comments on MJ's (which I have just to see what people are saying about this mess, I like to torture myself) the only person who is coming off good in this situation is Matt. AI is getting bad publicity for treating two contestants who earned the right to be featured in the finale like shit, Scott is being labeled as someone with a big ego, full of himself, and someone who complains, and Matt, well Matt is being felt sorry for that he got 5th place, didn't get to sing in the finale, and now when people are hearing the duet tape; are seeing that Matt was clearly the one who outshone Scott in this debacle and didn't have to even say 1 word about it! And the stink that people are making about, will only make AI, 19E, and other people in the business realize that Matt is a wanted man (in more ways that 1, but we won't get into that! Cool ) and will take notice!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 5:54 pm

Oh, Pebbles, I am glad we see things so clearly! This really is awesome: I mean, thanks to Scott speaking out about this, he and Matt are getting buzz. More than Allison and Danny (not sad about that, theycan fend for themselves!), that's for sure. Kris is only getting buzz because he actually won, and even that talk is about "how the hell did he pull that off?" The idea that Scott sacrificed himself for Matt is clearly absurd, but I almost want to thank him personally for that blog. People are still talking about Matt now, and that recording is going to make it glaringly obvious that Idol is scamming us and shamming the real talents.

BTW: And this is kind of off-topic, but has been irking me for awhile. Why is it that TPTB have been pimping Allison so much now that the show is over? I mean, Simon ripped her apart almost weekly until Lil failed him, and even then he talked about her lack of personality. So, the same girl who was repeatedly in the bottom 3 (more than Matt, actually!) and has no personality is the next Daughtry all of a sudden?
And, while I'm on the topic, what about Gokey? The title for "Most Pimped, Least Deserving" goes to Gokey by a landslide. To me, he is so limited in his abilities, yet TPTB were so confident that what? He'd top the pop charts? Sure he would, in 1987! And now that AI is over, all he talks about is his wife's foundation, and wanting to further that. I admire him for his devotion to that cause, but if he has made his motives so clear, why would 19E waste any more time or money on him? He's a PR nightmare!!
I guess I'm basing this whole rant off some comment I read about the Top 4 all having recording contracts that need only be signed. WHAT THE FUCK?!? Maybe I'm just completely out of tune with modern music (psyche, I'm totally on it!), but since when does Danny Gokey=pop gold, and Matt Giraud=flesh-eating disease? I kinda get wanting to snatch up Allison while she's young, so you can miser that talent and "mold" her (aka, give her the personality YOU think will sell records), but GOKESTER? Is there some secret goldmine in the Christian music market that Gokey can unearth?
Whatever....now that I've blown my top about yet ANOTHER Idol injustice, I'll return to my zen place and continue to pray for the drugs to wear off and some great record label to sign Matt pronto. Matt WILL be successful, oh yes, he will!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre   The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Burning Question: FINALLY answered! Thanks Scott MacIntyre
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next