Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!

Go down 
+20
OvenMitt
Riley 9
lovethemtigers
macigirl
cecilie
crys7
mattyfan
sgr91
paigeturner
rayblay
slick7
iluvmatt
mattyg93
MGfan
Tara1016
Lana
hazuki
Jenna
stank awesome
Cacity87
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sgr91

sgr91

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:32 am

Jenna wrote:
Ok I posted a thread on IDF over in the tour section.

I thought about Human Nature but like Cacity said it's on the CD. I think Part Time Lover or maybe Let's Get it On. Although the studio version is pretty long so maybe we could use the Ellen version?

If you can get a clean copy of the Ellen version, I think that would be great. I loved! that version.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 am

sgr91 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

I thought about Human Nature but like Cacity said it's on the CD. I think Part Time Lover or maybe Let's Get it On. Although the studio version is pretty long so maybe we could use the Ellen version?

If you can get a clean copy of the Ellen version, I think that would be great. I loved! that version.

Me too! Awww. I wanted Human Nature but I understand is already on the Idol Cd.
The Ellen version of Let's Get it On is the best ever.

But please include YFM and So Small! Amazing studio versions! People will be impressed!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:42 am

mattyg93 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

But please include YFM and So Small! Amazing studio versions! People will be impressed!

Without a doubt So Small and You Found Me will be on there...no worries Matty! Those were the first 2 songs we decided on.

I have a good version of the Ellen performance. I listen to it all of the time! Ask Maci I gave her my Matt CD!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:44 am

Jenna wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Without a doubt So Small and You Found Me will be on there...no worries Matty! Those were the first 2 songs we decided on.

I have a good version of the Ellen performance. I listen to it all of the time! Ask Maci I gave her my Matt CD!

That sounds awesome!

SO we have:
1. Hard to Handle (live)
2. Georgia (live)
3. You Found Me (studio)
4. So Small (studio)
5. Let's Get It On (Ellen live)

I want to BUY that Matt CD!! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:49 am

Cacity87 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
sgr91 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

That sounds awesome!

SO we have:
1. Hard to Handle (live)
2. Georgia (live)
3. You Found Me (studio)
4. So Small (studio)
5. Let's Get It On (Ellen live)

I want to BUY that Matt CD!! cheers

LOL I think it's a pretty damn good CD myself!
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:21 am

Some ideas for the chanting. How about just saying, "Sign Matt!" That's shorter, easier for the crowd to say together. All those going to the Grand Rapids show can make a poster (simple white poster with black marker) that says SIGN MATT. Maybe lifting those posters up at one decided point in Matt's set can signify the start of the chant?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:25 am

mattyfan wrote:
Some ideas for the chanting. How about just saying, "Sign Matt!" That's shorter, easier for the crowd to say together. All those going to the Grand Rapids show can make a poster (simple white poster with black marker) that says SIGN MATT. Maybe lifting those posters up at one decided point in Matt's set can signify the start of the chant?

I thought sign matt at first but sign matt giraud actually sounds better. Sign matt sounds kind of choppy. LOL chant them to yourself and see.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:19 am

Jenna wrote:
This is the thread...

http://idolforums.com/index.php?showtopic=627193

Hopefully they won't delete it. Did I break any rules?
you forgot to tell them we're trying not to let Matt know about it.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 am

Jenna wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

I thought sign matt at first but sign matt giraud actually sounds better. Sign matt sounds kind of choppy. LOL chant them to yourself and see.
I think sign Matt giraud sounds better. It's also more consistent w/ the Twitter trend tag #signmattgiraud
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:13 am

crys7 wrote:
Jenna wrote:
mattyfan wrote:

I think sign Matt giraud sounds better. It's also more consistent w/ the Twitter trend tag #signmattgiraud

AWW - just love this idea - we'll be making posters friday with "Sign Matt Giraud". I am on the verge of happy tears - it is so crucial that we sort of "strike while the iron is hot" - can't wait to do this!!!!!!!!! cheers

Last edited by cecilie on Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:16 am

I loved reading all of this! The perfect moment for the chant is when the screams die down and Matt is sitting at the piano waiting to Sing Georgia. If all of us going tell EVERYBODY we pass to chant then, and if we tell the people sitting around us before the concert starts and for them to spread the word, and twitter passes the word, then I think it could happen. I have faith!

Matt deserves it.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:08 am

Oh wow you guys it's so great to wake up to all of these awesome ideas! I love the flyers, Cd <---- esp the Cd. I think it may be important also not to give away all of your Cds before the concert because many people who go to these concerts don't become Matt fans until after they witness him live, so they may be more inclined to keep them and appreciate them more after the concert. They may even decide to play their Cd in the car on their drive from the concert, Which allows them to appreciate him Recorded right after he blew them away live. I see a lot of comments on Mjs from non fans about however much they enjoyed Matt live, they don't know how well he would translate recorded. Passing out these Cds nips that excuse in the bud.

I'm glad everyone decided to jump on board the chanting idea. Since this will be a Matt crowd I have no worries that this will catch on. I was thinking about tweeting Jessica to ask her to maybe get his friends and family who are attending the concert involved, but decided against that as it felt to intrusive too tweet her asking for anything and she has zero idea who I am. But doing it after Hard to Handle when energy is up right around the time the cheers start to die down sounds like a perfect time.

Great ideas...
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:24 am

So excited to be a part of this movement to get Matt Giraud signed. WE have a mission, Matt fans unite and get this boy a record deal.

So how many cd's are we thinking about distributing...and we aren't breaking any laws by doing this are we?

I also think Part Time Lover Studio should be on there and Funny Valentine - his voice is immaculate on Funny Valentine. Do you think we could legally include songs from his cd? Because "So You" and "One Man Audience" should be on there if we can......getting excited.....gosh i really want to see Matt be successful and be heard on radio!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 12:01 pm

lovethemtigers wrote:
So excited to be a part of this movement to get Matt Giraud signed. WE have a mission, Matt fans unite and get this boy a record deal.

So how many cd's are we thinking about distributing...and we aren't breaking any laws by doing this are we?

I also think Part Time Lover Studio should be on there and Funny Valentine - his voice is immaculate on Funny Valentine. Do you think we could legally include songs from his cd? Because "So You" and "One Man Audience" should be on there if we can......getting excited.....gosh i really want to see Matt be successful and be heard on radio!

I don't think any of his pre-Idol music should be on the CD for 3 reasons. 1) He still makes money off of those and we want people to go buy them so he can make profit. 2) His pre-idol music (however much I love a few of those songs) does not showcase the direction Matt is wanting to go as an artist. 3) We need to limit the amount of songs we include on the CD so that we can burn as many as possible! More songs would require more time. Keep it short - about 5 songs at the most.

This is super exciting though! I wish I was able to do more "hands on" with this project and help burn CDs, make posters and get the chant started! But I know that you guys will get it done! I have faith in you! Smile

Holding up posters when the chant is supposed to begin is a WONDERFUL idea! Also...spreading the words to those sitting around you before the concert begins is a fantastic idea. Smile It'll be like telephone, "We're chanting "Sign Matt Giraud" after Hard to Handle. Pass it down!" hehe. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:21 pm

Ha-ha, I love reading all these great ideas you guys came up with for the GR show! Matt truly has the BEST fans in the world! I love you

To be honest, I have been expecting the news about Danny's record deal since June, so I'm over it by now. Rolling Eyes But I agree that we have to strike while the iron is hot if we want to help Matt get his own record deal! He certainly deserves it! Very Happy

I really think you guys could get that chant going if it's quiet enough after "Hard to Handle" is over ( I guess you should wait until the applause dies down). cheers Non-Matt fans would probably join in too, since most AI followers would already know that GR is his hometown show. I hope that Matt gets a 5-minute ovation, like Kris received at the Little Rock concert! Excellent idea to publicize the chant on Idol Forums/MJs/Rickey's, etc.

I realize that there is only a few days left before the GR show, so I was trying to come up with something besides handing out the free Matt CDs. I know this might sound like a long-shot, but do you remember that Matt fan that was mentioned in a tour review (I think it was about a month ago?). Maybe Jenna would know. She posts at Idol Forums and ONTD_AI, I think. I'll never forget her because the reviewer mentioned in the article that she wore a "MATT" t-shirt, while most of the other concert goers were dressed in home-made "ADAM" shirts. She caught the reporter's eye because her t-shirt read "Matt is Bangin'" or something like that! lol!

Now I'm not saying that any of you have to write that on your shirts, but maybe a group of you could come up with something witty and wear it to the concert. Of course, nothing too perverted, or else security might make you change out of your shirt! LOL geek But I think it would be awesome if a group of Matt fans came up with a memorable t-shirt, and then it was mentioned in the newspaper, or blog, or even the local FOX news! sunny Most of the time, the concert reviews mention that the Glamberts were wearing blue streaks in their hair, glittery make up, black nail polish, etc., so everyone would notice they were Adam fans. (Poor Kris, does anyone dress in plaid to honor him? Wink )

I was just thinking, besides the fedoras, Matt fans could wear something to get noticed by the local reporters in attendance. But remember to keep it CLASSY, ladies! Razz I want to read how much Matt's fans dressed up for his homecoming concert! Imagine one of you could be lucky enough to be interviewed for the local TV news or something! Those reporters always end up asking for sound bites from rabid fans who dress up for NFL football games and other big sporting events! bounce

What do y'all think...? LOL Come on, Matt fans have to be in charge at the GR show (not the Glamberts)!

Last edited by Riley 9 on Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:39 pm

So what's the plan for spreading the chant?

Sept 6th - Arrive early to the arena. A good idea would be to go up to EVERYONE you see wearing a fedora and ask them if they would help spread the word to chant "Sign Matt Giraud" after Hard to Handle. Getting ALL the Matt fans you can on board, will be the best way to help spread the fire. Matt seems to be one of those contestants that everyone loves in some way (even if he's not their #1 fav) so that is a good PLUS, but we still wanna be careful not to push the idea of chanting on someone and get a negative response. So, start with the Matt fans. Then tell them to spread the word to those around them when they get inside the arena.

This is going to have be an intentional movement. Seek out the Matt fans. This is Matt's home state so there should be a ton! Smile I wonder if the mayor is going? Bobby Hopewell (I think his name is?). I bet he'd join in on the chant too! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:49 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
So what's the plan for spreading the chant?

Sept 6th - Arrive early to the arena. A good idea would be to go up to EVERYONE you see wearing a fedora and ask them if they would help spread the word to chant "Sign Matt Giraud" after Hard to Handle. Getting ALL the Matt fans you can on board, will be the best way to help spread the fire. Matt seems to be one of those contestants that everyone loves in some way (even if he's not their #1 fav) so that is a good PLUS, but we still wanna be careful not to push the idea of chanting on someone and get a negative response. So, start with the Matt fans. Then tell them to spread the word to those around them when they get inside the arena.

This is going to have be an intentional movement. Seek out the Matt fans. This is Matt's home state so there should be a ton! Smile I wonder if the mayor is going? Bobby Hopewell (I think his name is?). I bet he'd join in on the chant too! Laughing

Well I know we don't want Matt to know about this but he does have some ins with media and radio. There is that newscaster and Tommy and Brook morning show DJ's. It would be pretty cool if we could get them to announce it. Probably a long shot but I am following Tommy and Brook on twitter.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh since there are 8 of us going to sgr's I was thinking we should burn about 30-40 a piece. Then we'd have 240-320 CD's. I am going to buy some tonight and get started. Maybe others can do this as well?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:02 pm

Even though I'm not attending the GR show, I just wanted to say, I am very impressed with you ladies getting organized and coming up with these wonderful ideas to support Matt. It makes me wish I could be there to witness it all unfold. I wonder if Matt tears up at the thought of how great a group of fans he has? I'm not sure that any other Idol can claim to have dedicated fans like this (And no, I don't exempt Glamberts from that statement, because they won't have to do any of the grassroots stuff that we are going to do!). Moment of pride, ladies!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 5:31 pm

Jenna wrote:
Oh since there are 8 of us going to sgr's I was thinking we should burn about 30-40 a piece. Then we'd have 240-320 CD's. I am going to buy some tonight and get started. Maybe others can do this as well?

I'll help out financially - and then we can have a burn-party friday night LOL
I so want to put Sign Matt Giraud on my t-shirt/top - so I was wondering if there are places nearby sgr that can make prints within a few hours..
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 pm

cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:

I so want to put Sign Matt Giraud on my t-shirt/top - so I was wondering if there are places nearby sgr that can make prints within a few hours..

That is an excellent idea, cecilie! I think the phrase #signmattgiraud is easy for people to remember and would motivate some of the concert-goers to add that to their Tweets! cheers I hope we can get that to trend on September 6!

If you don't have a professional to make those t-shirts, you guys could always go to a fabric/arts & crafts store as a last resort! There are iron-on transfers for the letters or even photo paper at places like Michael's (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc1429) and at Jo Ann's (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat903850)
[Just a suggestion, LOL] sunny
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:

That is an excellent idea, cecilie! I think the phrase #signmattgiraud is easy for people to remember and would motivate some of the concert-goers to add that to their Tweets! cheers I hope we can get that to trend on September 6!

If you don't have a professional to make those t-shirts, you guys could always go to a fabric/arts & crafts store as a last resort! There are iron-on transfers for the letters or even photo paper at places like Michael's (http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayProductPage?productNum=gc1429) and at Jo Ann's (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog.jsp?CATID=cat903850)
[Just a suggestion, LOL] sunny

Riley, that is a great idea.

Cecilie, let me know if you want me to pick up iron on letters for your T. I can get them ahead of time and we can iron them on at sgr's. And let me know the color of your T. Maybe I'll get face paint, too. Spell Matt across my cheeks. Uh, maybe not!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 pm

You guys are amazing. I'm not creative at all, but I'll send some money to help pay for CD's and stuff. Also, if you're still looking for another song to add to the CD - my absolute fav thing he's ever sung is "Who's loving you". IMO it just doesn't get any better than that.
Back to top Go down
rayblay

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:23 am

the logistics of this would NEVER work.... but how awesome would it be if we could do like a reverse cell cast where people at the concert got people to call them and participate in the chant -- double the volume! i wish that was actually possible Smile
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 12:30 am

rayblay wrote:
the logistics of this would NEVER work.... but how awesome would it be if we could do like a reverse cell cast where people at the concert got people to call them and participate in the chant -- double the volume! i wish that was actually possible Smile

OH MAN! haha. I might seriously have to get someone to CALL me and I will definitely participate! No joke! Put me on speaker phone, I'll yell, "SIGN MATT GIRAUD! SIGN MATT GIRAUD!" from my living room! Smile lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!   Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promoting Matt - let's brainstorm here!
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next