Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Matt Interview

Go down 
+10
cranberry
Puppyeyes82
Cindyy
cecilie
lumma
Lana
OvenMitt
mattyg93
Lisa_M
macigirl
14 posters
AuthorMessage
macigirl

macigirl

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6b7rLaTVc

I have never seen this, I don't know if it is new or old but I LOVE IT. His face is so close up and I love everything he says. Gush, gush, gush.
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:39 pm

macigirl wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4D6b7rLaTVc

I have never seen this, I don't know if it is new or old but I LOVE IT. His face is so close up and I love everything he says. Gush, gush, gush.

Thanks for posting this Macigirl..I hadn't seen that!! Love it also!! It can't be too old because he's talking about MJ passing away and his "new mentoring gig". Love Him!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:50 pm

Awww.
That was a sweet interview. It looks it was done right before the Staples Show in LA.
Matt is such a nice guy you can just tell when you hear him talking.

I am happy he doesn't have high expectations about his post Idol career (It's tough out there) but I am hoping he still is willing to work hard to be successful.

Is it just me but has anyone else noticed that when Matt gets asked about his future plans, songwriting or record deals he just doesn't like to talk about that? He just completely switches the topic to his Yobi TV thing.. I mean that's cool and all but I can't believe for one minute that's the only thing he is looking forward to.

I think he is just quite uncertain what will happen after the tour. I don't see him clearly saying I want to make a record. But I sure hope he wants to, because all of his fans are looking forward to that!
Oh man! Let Matt get some offers soon! He looks like he might need some good news soon! Neutral
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:00 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Awww.
That was a sweet interview. It looks it was done right before the Staples Show in LA.
Matt is such a nice guy you can just tell when you hear him talking.

I am happy he doesn't have high expectations about his post Idol career (It's tough out there) but I am hoping he still is willing to work hard to be successful.

Is it just me but has anyone else noticed that when Matt gets asked about his future plans, songwriting or record deals he just doesn't like to talk about that? He just completely switches the topic to his Yobi TV thing.. I mean that's cool and all but I can't believe for one minute that's the only thing he is looking forward to.

I think he is just quite uncertain what will happen after the tour. I don't see him clearly saying I want to make a record. But I sure hope he wants to, because all of his fans are looking forward to that!
Oh man! Let Matt get some offers soon! He looks like he might need some good news soon! Neutral

Ya Mattyg93 I'm still bothered by this whole Yobi TV thing..I mean he just really keeps talking about this ALOT and it doesn't really seem to be that big of a deal so i'm a little confused about it?? scratch ..and the other thing is you would really think that by now with ALL these Awesome concerts he's been having and the wonderful reviews he's also getting that he would be giving "SOME" kind of hint that he has been at least talking with some people but he's been so lowwww key about the whole deal..seems really strange but hopefully he will surprise us all!! The thing I'm really excited about is that he is totally out from under 19 entertainment legally on like Aug 20th I believe and my concert is Aug 23rd sooooo I'm REALLY hoping that he will announce something special right before my concert!! cheers
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 pm

The Yobi talk has been irksome for me, too. I am thinking there can only be a couple of logical explanations for Matt dodging the questions: 1. He really doesn't have any deals in the works. 2. He has been instructed to not say anything about deals he has in the works. 3. He HIMSELF has decided not to say anything about deals he has in the works.

I really don't want to believe the first option could actually be true, but it could be as simple as that. I've even toyed with the thought that maybe Matt was approached about a deal, but it entailed doing the type of music he wasn't interested in persuing, so he passed. That's actually feasible, since the industry seems dead-set on him being the next Justin Timberlake (ooh, it stings to write that name out in it's entirety!). But the second option is also probable. I don't recall Allison saying a peep in her post-Idol interviews about her forthcoming recording contract. It just kind of was announced and that was that. I only mention Allison because she was the one out of the three signed that was kind of an uncertainty for getting a deal. The third option? We all know Matt's been burned before, and prolly has the good sense gleaned from that experience to keep his trap shut about deals that aren't sealed. When you start to blab, they become deals that keel.
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:30 pm

This is actually what dims my enjoyment of this brand new Matt interview. Because he does seem very uncertain about his future and any future plans for making an album, when we all know that Record labels should be eating out of the palm of his hand at this point. It just feels a little uncomfortable for a slight second like he is not sure how to answer the question. And even in another interview when asked about his future album plans he just says that he sees Kris and Adam working on their albums and it inspires him to write more. also that he "has to stay on his toes" then of course he changes the subject to this YOBI thing Mad

IDK if he is being careful (which would be weird considering how Danny, Scott, and LIL can't keep their mouths shut over any little bone they get) or if he really hasn't heard anything encouraging from a Record label. Sad I hope he's being careful and waiting until something definitive happens, because if Danny or even Scott puts out an album and Matt does not this or next year, I will seriously punch a puppy in the face...
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:32 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
The Yobi talk has been irksome for me, too. I am thinking there can only be a couple of logical explanations for Matt dodging the questions: 1. He really doesn't have any deals in the works. 2. He has been instructed to not say anything about deals he has in the works. 3. He HIMSELF has decided not to say anything about deals he has in the works.

I really don't want to believe the first option could actually be true, but it could be as simple as that. I've even toyed with the thought that maybe Matt was approached about a deal, but it entailed doing the type of music he wasn't interested in persuing, so he passed. That's actually feasible, since the industry seems dead-set on him being the next Justin Timberlake (ooh, it stings to write that name out in it's entirety!). But the second option is also probable. I don't recall Allison saying a peep in her post-Idol interviews about her forthcoming recording contract. It just kind of was announced and that was that. I only mention Allison because she was the one out of the three signed that was kind of an uncertainty for getting a deal. The third option? We all know Matt's been burned before, and prolly has the good sense gleaned from that experience to keep his trap shut about deals that aren't sealed. When you start to blab, they become deals that keel.

Ya ovenmitt..I'm thinking the same thing..I really. really think (i'm like 95% sure) that P Diddy asked him to be a part of his "Making the Band" project but that isn't the direction Matt wants to go so I really think he turned "something" down to do with that...he wouldn't have said "I could have been "huge" had something not gone down with that.....with his good looks and charm it is also quite possible that he HAS BEEN approached already but maybe something along the lines of a "boy band" more popish type thing and Matt is just wayyyy to advanced in his skills and talent for something so trival as that type of thing...soooo..(big sigh) ..i guess we will just have to wait and see what God has in store for our Matty.. Question

I just went back and watched the interview again, he says "I'm REALLY FOCUSED ON this new gig i'm doing"...wow..so confused...why does he say really focused when he should be REALLY focused on his Music career at this point?? so many ???'s........
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:43 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

I found it strange that he SO quickly changed the topic and switched to Yobi. That made me feel he was being very careful not to say anything wrong and jeopardize a deal. So your options 2 or 3 seem very possible to me. If he had nothing on the table, wouldn't he talk more about planning a future album? He has referred to that in earlier interviews. I know he is excited about Yobi but I don't think he is that excited that he wouldn't discuss making an album. I firmly believe he has offers on the table.

If it turns out that he is not signed, I will be shocked and completely depressed. This roller coaster is going pretty good right now. I don't think I can take any plummets at this point. I CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT MATT and his future. I love you
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:49 pm

As much as I would LOVE to hear the good news soon, I like the fact that Matt always keeps it real and he's not giving us any false hope. What happened to Lil and Scott with their 'important' business meetings? How about Gokey? He's been bragging about his possible record deal for a few good weeks now, and nothing has been confirmed. If I were his fan, I must have felt so disappointed so many times by now. I would think it's safe to say Matt himself wants the record deal more than any one of us, and he's being very patient and cautious in telling the fans regarding it. And I have a feeling he's not going to give away anything about it until he actually signs the deal. So, until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Amazing - because we love this guy so much we find everything about him endearing - even him wiping his snotty nose - LOL
As always adorable and at ease in front of a camera - and YOBI...well you know how I feel about that (urgh!!) - so I am def going for Ovenmitts 2 or 3rd suggestion. I'm delighted to see that his main goal is still to be a respected musician.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:54 pm

macigirl wrote:

I found it strange that he SO quickly changed the topic and switched to Yobi. That made me feel he was being very careful not to say anything wrong and jeopardize a deal. So your options 2 or 3 seem very possible to me. If he had nothing on the table, wouldn't he talk more about planning a future album? He has referred to that in earlier interviews. I know he is excited about Yobi but I don't think he is that excited that he wouldn't discuss making an album. I firmly believe he has offers on the table.
If it turns out that he is not signed, I will be shocked and completely depressed. This roller coaster is going pretty good right now. I don't think I can take any plummets at this point. I CARE TOO MUCH ABOUT MATT and his future. I love you

Okay, this makes me feel better, Macigirl!

I didn't think about him changing the topic so abruptly like that. I know if I have information that's supposed to be confidential and someone asks me about it directly, my instinct is to brush it off and switch to a different topic to try and deflect further discussion. That could very well be what Matt is doing. And you're right: before tour started, he was awfly chatty about writing and talking about putting out an album and stuff. And that was when everyone was writing him off! Now that he's a hot ticket, suddenly all the writing and album-making have ground to a halt? That makes no sense! And saying something jokingly about "writing songs in hotel lobbies"? Uh, you don't really write legitimate material on an out-of-tune lobby piano when you have venues with rehearsal space and top-quality instruments at your disposal! I guess that was Matt's way of being a jokester and keeping it light before avoiding seriously answering the question. We shall see....
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 5:55 pm

But you know what I just thought of guys??? Remember back when they did the LKL interview and Matt was asked then about future album plans? He seemed so excited and was going on and on about how he wanted to do Rock/Soul (piano rock), and have like a full band behind him a la Fray, one republic. He also said that there were a coule of "big names" interested in writing with him, but that he couldn't give away any names.

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, there is some talking with some people about putting his album together, who he would like to work with, what genre of music he is interested in going in, that sort of thing. But there just hasn't been much talk on Record labels signing him,or there has, but they haven't completely made up there minds on him yet? So until THAT end is secure, he is holding off on speaking on it too much??? *fingers crossed*
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:29 pm

I think he brings up Yobi.tv a lot because he is excited about it and excited to get started with it. I'm sure he has already gotten calls and such of people wanting to work with him, or whatever he would get calls about. I don't really know much about that stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
macigirl wrote:

Okay, this makes me feel better, Macigirl!

I didn't think about him changing the topic so abruptly like that. I know if I have information that's supposed to be confidential and someone asks me about it directly, my instinct is to brush it off and switch to a different topic to try and deflect further discussion. That could very well be what Matt is doing. And you're right: before tour started, he was awfly chatty about writing and talking about putting out an album and stuff. And that was when everyone was writing him off! Now that he's a hot ticket, suddenly all the writing and album-making have ground to a halt? That makes no sense! And saying something jokingly about "writing songs in hotel lobbies"? Uh, you don't really write legitimate material on an out-of-tune lobby piano when you have venues with rehearsal space and top-quality instruments at your disposal! I guess that was Matt's way of being a jokester and keeping it light before avoiding seriously answering the question. We shall see....

WOW! I like this way of thinking..and I think you might have hit on something there Macigirl..I also feel much better now! Smile thank you!...I think your right!! **fingers crossed here too** I love you
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:49 pm

I, too, think that he changes the subject to Yobi to protect any possible deal he may have until after 8/20. I also think though that he is genuinely interested in mentoring young talent. He is already a Big Brother and he talked in interviews about how the idols helped each other with their songs each week. When you have a passion, as he does, it's hard to contain your enthusiasm. Anyway, I'm hoping for GREAT news when the tour is over. I find it hard to believe that he's getting such great reviews and NO ONE in the industry wants him? Is it that easy to find great talent that he can be overlooked? He seems like a low risk venture to me. He comes with a fan base that most artists would die for at the early stages of their careers.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:56 pm

Quote :
DK if he is being careful (which would be weird considering how Danny, Scott, and LIL can't keep their mouths shut over any little bone they get) or if he really hasn't heard anything encouraging from a Record label. Sad I hope he's being careful and waiting until something definitive happens, because if Danny or even Scott puts out an album and Matt does not this or next year, I will seriously punch a puppy in the face...

I really hope this is not what is going on. Sad
It would really break my heart. Honestly if Matt isn't recognized by someone in the industry and gives him a chance to record I am going to be devastated
He is soo talented and has so much potential. I can't believe no one is interested. It just can't be. No

I mean to hear him talk about the YOBI thing only and nothing about planning an album in the future just makes me depressed. pale
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:47 am

He sure is charming as usual in that interview. And really giving good publicity to that Yobi thing. I believe he is just saying the right things at the moment and can't tell more before the 19 contract is over. And he seems relaxed and confident and wants that career and wants to play music forever. So I´m optimistic.
I wonder how long that Yobi thing occupies him and how intense is that? Couldn´t find any dates from their pages. ".. the winner will cut a recording at the southeast Michigan studio with the encouragement and under the guidance of Matt Giraud and other industry professionals."
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 am

lumma wrote:
As much as I would LOVE to hear the good news soon, I like the fact that Matt always keeps it real and he's not giving us any false hope. What happened to Lil and Scott with their 'important' business meetings? How about Gokey? He's been bragging about his possible record deal for a few good weeks now, and nothing has been confirmed. If I were his fan, I must have felt so disappointed so many times by now. I would think it's safe to say Matt himself wants the record deal more than any one of us, and he's being very patient and cautious in telling the fans regarding it. And I have a feeling he's not going to give away anything about it until he actually signs the deal. So, until then, I'll remain cautiously optimistic Very Happy

We must be on the same wavelength, lumma! Very Happy

I think Matt is too smart to start bragging about any future deals before the "ink is dry". Personally, I think Matt is always cautious whenever he gives interviews, and that's a good thing. He's been burned before, like when the producers abruptly cut the Tell Her About It number from the finale! Mad Honestly, I think Matt has received some offers already, but who knows if they were the types of music he was interested in making? OvenMitt mentioned thatt maybe Matt was offered a part in a reality show/boy band project, but Matt would rather become a respected musician. I'll agree to remain cautiously optimistic, too.

I had to read the comments before I watched the video because I was afraid I would be a little disappointed. To the contrary, Matt continued to impress me, and I'm quite the cynic HAHA! As I was watching, I kept thinking, 'Is this guy for real?' I mean, he's hot, talented, in demand, etc., but he still remains humble. I love you And I don't think he's doing the fake modesty thing either!

At the beginning of the interview, he says that he looks in the mirror before going onstage, but not because he's vain. He just wants to psyche himself up and say 'it's go time!' cheers That reminds me of what Sandy asked him: Do you ever look in the mirror and say 'Oh yeah, I'd hit this!' LOL Razz

I wouldn't worry so much about the YOBI.tv project. I think he likes to mention it all the time because he wants to be a mentor to aspiring singers and because it's one of the few official post-tour projects that 19E allows him to talk about. The other thing Matt has set up is his first solo concert in Michigan in January. But by the looks of this video, I don't think that deal was finalized at the time this interview took place (they were referring to MJ's death happening recently). As many of you have mentioned already, we have to wait until after August 20 to get any "REAL" news. scratch

Matt's such a happy person, but he looked kind of bummed out when the host asked him what he wanted his legacy to be after he dies. It seemed a little morbid to me, even if he was just trying to make a connection to MJ's death! Crying or Very sad Again, Matt shows his humbleness when he answers that his goal isn't to be the most famous or the richest person. He would rather have longevity and respect in the music business.

I couldn't help but notice that he says 'I'm not jealous of anyone who gets more attention than me.' That sounded like a response to some of those haters on the internet who write comments, like Matt is jealous of Adam's success, Matt has a "BITCHFACE" whenever he sees the Adam fans,etc. Rolling Eyes I wish some of these hard-core Glamberts would back off and let the FANWARS die. How many times does Adam have to tell them that he gets along with all the Idols, including Matt, Danny and Michael? I tell ya, it must be difficult for Matt to keep smiling while a bunch of LOUD and annoying Glamberts ask him when is Adam going to sign autographs, could he pass this gift to Adam, could he sign this poster of Adam, etc. I have heard consistent stories of how Matt, Danny and Michael are the ones who always sign autographs before the concerts. The only time they didn't go outside before the show was in Arizona because they said the heat would have been dangerous. If Matt really hated Adam's fans, wouldn't he just find a lame excuse not to meet any fans before the shows?
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:03 pm

Guys...
Now I am really starting to believe Matt doesn't have anything happening regarding record deals.

Danny Gokey did a Milwaukee event last night and he confirmed he was courted by three record labels and that we will be hearing an announcement very soon regarding his signing.

If Danny is talking so openly about getting signed, at least Matt could have said something about receiving some label offers. Don't you think?

Sigh.. I am so worried about his future. He deserves to succeed after Idol not fade away.
It really is just mind boggling to me that no one is interested in Matt. Really? And Danny yes? What?

I am so sad.
I mean I will always be a Matt fan and I am excited about his solo shows on January and his YOBI.Tv thing.. But after that what?
Someone needs to sign him to make records! He is so talented Why aren't people seeing this? Am I delusional? Sorry about this rant but I needed to express my feelings at the moment.
What else can Matt do on tour for someone to give him a chance? Sad
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:30 pm

I Agree Mattyg, it is getting harder and harder to remain optimistic about this whole signing to a record label thing. Some days I would be SO POSITIVE that something is happening, and others I am forced to come backl to reality and fact the fact that it just might not be right now. I love Matt, and will continue to support him in his career (whatever he does and where ever he takes us) I just can't live on the "conspiracy" that something is in the works, and need some type of word from Matt that he has indeed been approached.

I told myself before that he is remaining silent on the whole thing because he can't speak yet on it, has been advised not to speak, or wants to wait himself until it is a sure thing. I can no longer hang on to any of these notions with the others being so open about their deals, and I know that Matt wouldn't keep his fans hanging if he had ANYTHING to tell us.

My only hope now is that he continues to ROCK OUT on this tour, promotes himself more with YOBI and a couple of solo shows, and proves his staying power enough that he is eventually approached with something...
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 5:36 pm

I know we're all worried about no record deal yet....but it's really way too early for us to get upset. Like others have recently said, Matt has always kept quiet about things (like not talking about the finale duet being cut, no matter how much his fans were asking about it). He's so modest and humble that I don't think we'll hear anything about a record deal until the ink has dried. There is NO WAY that he's not going to get a contract. It just might not be as soon as we would like. Having said that, please know that I'm obsessing over this as much as anyone pale
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 6:29 pm

mattyg93 wrote:
Guys...
Now I am really starting to believe Matt doesn't have anything happening regarding record deals.

Danny Gokey did a Milwaukee event last night and he confirmed he was courted by three record labels and that we will be hearing an announcement very soon regarding his signing.

If Danny is talking so openly about getting signed, at least Matt could have said something about receiving some label offers. Don't you think?

Sigh.. I am so worried about his future. He deserves to succeed after Idol not fade away.
It really is just mind boggling to me that no one is interested in Matt. Really? And Danny yes? What?

I am so sad.
I mean I will always be a Matt fan and I am excited about his solo shows on January and his YOBI.Tv thing.. But after that what?
Someone needs to sign him to make records! He is so talented Why aren't people seeing this? Am I delusional? Sorry about this rant but I needed to express my feelings at the moment.
What else can Matt do on tour for someone to give him a chance? Sad

I'm curious as to where Danny said he has been approached by 3 record labels? First of all, 19E/Sony currently owns his rights. Was it 3 subsidiaries of Sony, including Arista Nashville, or 3 record companies outside of 19E? If it was, he wasn't very smart about talking about it since technically, he shouldn't be speaking to them. They seen his idol fanbase and want to captialize on the single album he may be able to sell based on his AI experience and his backstory.

As far as Matt is concerned, we're just gonna have to wait and see. I don't love the constant Yobi mentions either, but I guess what else can he say? He could talk about writing music more, and setting up the follow-up concerts but I think he has a harder time tooting his own horn than promoting a program he's affiliated with.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:20 am

pasnthru wrote:
I know we're all worried about no record deal yet....but it's really way too early for us to get upset. Like others have recently said, Matt has always kept quiet about things (like not talking about the finale duet being cut, no matter how much his fans were asking about it). He's so modest and humble that I don't think we'll hear anything about a record deal until the ink has dried. There is NO WAY that he's not going to get a contract. It just might not be as soon as we would like. Having said that, please know that I'm obsessing over this as much as anyone pale

I hate worrying over this as much as you guys do. I'm not going to get upset over this unless there is still no news after August 20 (when their contracts with 19E expire). I have faith in Matt's talents, and I definitely see a rise a rise in his popularity ever since the tour started. Recently, a lot of fans of Adam, Kris and Danny have come to like Matt now, too. I think it would be easy for record company executives to see that Matt is an appealing and talented musician, who can captivate an audience. In contrast, there really isn't any buzz at all for Michael, Megan, Scott or Lil. Maybe Anoop stands an outside chance at a record deal, but he hasn't been receiving the rave reviews that Matt has.

Even though we believe that Matt deserves to be signed before Danny, I bet that Danny definitely will get a record deal. He has proven that he has built a strong fanbase during the season by never ending up in the bottom 2 until the week that he was eliminated. Danny's been getting some mixed reviews on tour, but almost everyone who has attended the concerts says that there are a lot of Danny supporters in the audiences. If Danny does go into country music, I would be surprised if he were to be considered a respected COUNTRY artist. Rolling Eyes Danny himself has said in interviews that he knew NOTHING about country music before Grand Ole Opry week, and now it looks like he'll have to START to learn about it! No Sorry to say, but it sounds like Danny's selling out, which is something I hope Matt never has to do in order to get a record deal! Mad
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
pasnthru wrote:

I hate worrying over this as much as you guys do. I'm not going to get upset over this unless there is still no news after August 20 (when their contracts with 19E expire). I have faith in Matt's talents, and I definitely see a rise a rise in his popularity ever since the tour started. Recently, a lot of fans of Adam, Kris and Danny have come to like Matt now, too. I think it would be easy for record company executives to see that Matt is an appealing and talented musician, who can captivate an audience. In contrast, there really isn't any buzz at all for Michael, Megan, Scott or Lil. Maybe Anoop stands an outside chance at a record deal, but he hasn't been receiving the rave reviews that Matt has.

Even though we believe that Matt deserves to be signed before Danny, I bet that Danny definitely will get a record deal. He has proven that he has built a strong fanbase during the season by never ending up in the bottom 2 until the week that he was eliminated. Danny's been getting some mixed reviews on tour, but almost everyone who has attended the concerts says that there are a lot of Danny supporters in the audiences. If Danny does go into country music, I would be surprised if he were to be considered a respected COUNTRY artist. Rolling Eyes Danny himself has said in interviews that he knew NOTHING about country music before Grand Ole Opry week, and now it looks like he'll have to START to learn about it! No Sorry to say, but it sounds like Danny's selling out, which is something I hope Matt never has to do in order to get a record deal! Mad
ITA! Matt will definately never sell out. He loves his music too much.

I also anted 2 say that I think he keeps bringing up the yobi thing b/c he's getting PAID to do so. Someone has to promote it b/c it is an online show which probably doesn't have a big budget for promotion so Matt may have been instructed to talk about it any chance he gets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Matt Interview Empty
PostSubject: Re: Matt Interview   Matt Interview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Matt Interview
Page 1 of 1