Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Memphis, TN Show!

Go down 
+13
macigirl
hazuki
crys7
Lisa_M
peacehope
Lana
graciecat
sgr91
cecilie
cranberry
Riley 9
mattyg93
Jenna
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
cranberry

cranberry

Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:43 pm

Jenna wrote:
Another great review from MJ's...

Quote :
The crowd was on their feet dancing and singing to Matt’s “Hard to Handle”. Best response of the first half! “Georgia” was amazing-Matt’s voice has texture and his piano playing was rocking! The crowd screamed wildly when he did the piano part. My cuz LOVED Matt. She kept saying, “Look at his legs”. Matt seems so comfortable on stage. Being behind the piano doesn’t cut down on his interaction with the audience. He sold his performance whether he was out front dancing (the boy has got some moves) or jamming behind his piano. The piano just seems to be an extension of him. My opinion of Matt has gone way up now that I have seen him live and I would love to see him do a whole show. I know my cuz would pay to see him do his own show! On the way home, she kept talking about how sexy he was and how she loved his legs.

Ummm I think someone here needs a Slutty Sally or BG number...LOL

Again it is so amazing that he is winning over so many new fans. The guy just has it! Like he said at his audition I have it in me I just have to be seen/heard. I love her description of his relationship with his piano! cheers

Lol,I was just going to add here "the legs review". Loved the piano being an extension of him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:47 pm

This was also inthe review that Cranberry posted...

Quote :

Allison – A lot of people who have done reviews on this site have talked about how much of a letdown it is and how tough it must be for Kris to have to follow Adam. While I didn’t find that to be the case, I did almost feel sorry for Danny having to take the stage after both Matt and Allison. Thank God for the too-long intermission, so he’s not just right on the heels of Matt too. But following Allison is a tough gig.

I usually only read the Matt reviews over on MJ's but I took Cranberry's advice and read it all. What I love about this review is that the person writing it is a guy and a big Kris fan so I thought it was great that he rated Matt as the best performer!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:50 pm

Ok can I marry this guy....

Quote :

“Whole Lotta Love” was phenomenal. Fannnnntastic. I could listen to it every night for a year and enjoy it each and every time. But did it change my life? Did it turn me into a puddle of glittery goo? No. It was an awesome performance of an awesome song, and that’s about it. I thought Matt’s “Hard to Handle” was better.

But yes, Adam is incredible. Awesome singer, and knows how to work a mic stand. But I just don’t see him as any more incredible than Matt, Kris or Allison. More glamorous, indeed. More bombastic and showy and all that – yes. So if that’s your bag, then Adam Lambert is the guy for you.
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 1:58 pm

Jenna wrote:

Quote :
The crowd was on their feet dancing and singing to Matt’s “Hard to Handle”. Best response of the first half! “Georgia” was amazing-Matt’s voice has texture and his piano playing was rocking! The crowd screamed wildly when he did the piano part. My cuz LOVED Matt. She kept saying, “Look at his legs”. Matt seems so comfortable on stage. Being behind the piano doesn’t cut down on his interaction with the audience. He sold his performance whether he was out front dancing (the boy has got some moves) or jamming behind his piano. The piano just seems to be an extension of him. My opinion of Matt has gone way up now that I have seen him live and I would love to see him do a whole show. I know my cuz would pay to see him do his own show! On the way home, she kept talking about how sexy he was and how she loved his legs.

Again it is so amazing that he is winning over so many new fans. The guy just has it! Like he said at his audition I have it in me I just have to be seen/heard. I love her description of his relationship with his piano! cheers

YAY! Matt is winning over so many new fans, as we knew he would. I was laughing when that lady's cousin kept mentioning Matt's legs-- I think she meant his THIGHS! Ha-ha, she should probably go back and watch Matt's performance of Let's Get It On, so she can drool over those TIGHT JEANS! Twisted Evil Oh, yeah!

And the review by NatX has to be my favorite one from MJ's. cheers Finally, someone who recognizes Matt's talents and isn't distracted by all the flashiness of Adam's set. I would love to read more from NatX; he's snarky and made the type of comments I would make about those annoying Glamberts ruining the concert for everyone else! I think he was spot on, placing Matt above Kris, while being underwhelmed by Danny. Very Happy And we know that NatX was not praising Matt just because of his good looks or a physical attraction. I'm pretty sure NatX is a straight guy, so he was judging Matt more objectively!

I'm so happy to see more positive reviews, since earlier today, I had read a nasty review on the MyIdol board from an Adam fan. She/he absolutely hated everything Matt did and basically called him ugly! She/he put him in the same no-talent category as Megan. Clearly, this person has to be a biased Matt-hater because there's NO WAY that Matt and Megan perform at the same level. Mad
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Read the comments from the review Cranberry brought over. So many nice things said about Matt. Maybe someone with more energy can bring them over...

http://mjsbigblog.com/?p=8027&cp=1#comments
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok I did have the energy to bring this one over...

Quote :
With all the Matt love, I am going to have to go back and listen to his performances. Seems I overlooked a really fine performer-singer.

This for some reason excited me. So many people are recognizing and then raving about Matt's amazing performance that people who haven't even seen him are now willing to go listen to him! Seriously IMO out of all the idols he is making the most out of this tour...tell me again Ovenmitt what that saying of your's is?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:26 pm

Ok I managed to work up some energy to bring this over as well because it is fantastic!

Quote :
I nearly didn’t read your review but I’m glad I did. Interesting perspective. A lot of people, including myself, have been impressed by Matt. I wasn’t a fan of his on the show, but now that I’ve seen him live, I’m interested in following what he does in the future. I don’t know where he’ll fit into the musical landscape, but he’s surely talented.

Matt will fit just fine into the musical landscape. These people have been surprised by Matt when seeing him live but I predict they will be wowed when he releases his CD!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:28 pm

Jenna wrote:

Quote :
With all the Matt love, I am going to have to go back and listen to his performances. Seems I overlooked a really fine performer-singer.

This for some reason excited me. So many people are recognizing and then raving about Matt's amazing performance that people who haven't even seen him are now willing to go listen to him! Seriously IMO out of all the idols he is making the most out of this tour...tell me again Ovenmitt what that saying of your's is?

That would be:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!

And you know, it seems more fitting than ever before, does it not?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:34 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Quote :

That would be:

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!

And you know, it seems more fitting than ever before, does it not?

Yes it does. I am so excited for Matt and us Matt fans! cheers
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 2:59 pm

And the reviews keep coming in!
I am so excited just like last night Jenna. The future is looking so bright for Matt.
I am telling ya guys, he will get signed after the tour ends for sure if not by Aug 20th.
I think it's safe to say that after the Memphis show he received many calls for sure.

It's gettin close to the day where all of us will be writing in every forums "I told you so!".

Can't wait for Matt's CD to come out alsoand surprise even more people!.
This is such good times for all of us Matt fans indeed!

I am so happy! Smile
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:09 pm

cranberry wrote:
NatX`s Memphis review from MJ´s:

Set Rankings (with group performances factored in)

1. Matt – Simply unbelievable. Had pretty high expectations heading in and he still managed to exceed them. His vocal control since the show has improved exponentially, and he’s unreal on the keys. I won’t go as far as to say unrivaled, but I can’t think of who I’d rather listen to on the piano.

He’s quite the showman – he gets up and moves around and even though it’s pretty much the same moves each show (from what I’ve gathered via YouTube) it still feels authentic. “Hard to Handle” was the best song of the night for me, and he & Scott on “Tell Her About it” was far better than I had anticipated even after watching it on YouTube from previous shows. “Georgia” was simple and fantastic as always, and the spirited rendition of “You Found Me” was better than what I remember from the show or previous studio recording.

But the biggest thing was the vocal control. Too often, it got away from him on the show, but he seems to have harnessed it. Put that with his showman skills and you’ve got a certified winner. I don’t know how he could make it through this tour without getting signed. He’s too good not to.

Go and read the whole thing.

Ah! I read the whole review, and it was probably the most humorous and well-written I've seen on MJs. It's a rarity for the reviewers to be Matt fans, so I was especially tickled by this gem.

Over the moon is the best way for me to describe how I feel about this new Matt phenomenon. If it was hard to ignore the titterings about Matt's dynamic performances up until now, I think this review (coupled with the Little Rock review discussing the music executives) made it pretty much impossible! I noticed that many Adam fans were immediately put out by the "disclaimer" at the beginning of the article, but strangely they really didn't dissent against the rankings Adam received. I mean, how can you really argue with how Matt has been blowing everyone out of the water on tour? The only ammo they have is the alleged "weakness" of YFM, which has actually been getting better and better with each performance.

Touching on the other review I mentioned (I'll link it at the end of my post for reference), I again am ecstatic yet not surprised that those music execs were all abuzz about Matt, Adam and Allison. That was the top 3 in my head the entire time; the talent and star quality of those three was clear to me from pretty early on. I wonder how Danny's meetings are going, by the way?Wink Haven't heard much buzz about him to correlate with all the stuff he's blathering on about concerning these record deals. Conversely, fan after fan keeps chanting the same thing about Matt:"When's he gonna get signed?""He deserves a deal""If Matt doesn't get signed after tour I'd be shocked""I can't wait to buy a Matt CD/attend a Matt concert". I know, I know, stop preaching to the choir. But I just can't get over how people are being turned around about Matt like we hoped they would! And, even if the LA bigwigs were more tight-lipped about their feelings towards Matt, the ones in Memphis were certainly flapping their gums quite a bit. I guess now that the secret's out there's no use being coy....

http://mjsbigblog.com/q3s-american-idol-tour-2009-little-rock-recap.htm#more-8023
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:07 pm

I managed to dig deep and find more energy to bring this over as well. Really there are a lot of great comments over there about Matt. Definitely great reading!

Quote :
Thanks for your perspective! I also was surprised by Matt’s performance. I attended the Glendale show and he surpassed the expectations I had for him. Mind you, my expectations for him weren’t that high to begin with before the show. But, seeing him live, I could really understand how nerves must have been to blame for his show results. He ended up being my second favorite of the concert.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Riley 9 wrote:

I'm so happy to see more positive reviews, since earlier today, I had read a nasty review on the MyIdol board from an Adam fan. She/he absolutely hated everything Matt did and basically called him ugly! She/he put him in the same no-talent category as Megan. Clearly, this person has to be a biased Matt-hater because there's NO WAY that Matt and Megan perform at the same level. Mad
That person is clearly not sane,the whole review was so gross and she/he planned to punch peoples faces to help Adam become legendary,that wasn´t funny..Such a charming Glambert, rotten apple in the basket. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 pm

After reading more of the reviews at MJ's, it really is a small miracle that most of those hard-core Adam fans are giving Matt the credit he deserves. Rolling Eyes I thought Q3's review was especially interesting because she was the one who mentioned that the "music business" people at the concert were talking postively about Matt's performance. Between LA, Memphis and New York later on, there have to be record companies interested in signing him! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:08 pm

Jenna wrote:

Quote :

I think THIS "legs girl" needs to come join all the slutty sallys over here..And what does she mean Legs?? why didn't she just be a little more specific.."its the THIGHS" Missy!!! Gotta luv those Matty Thighs!! By the way speaking of thighs ..I really wish I knew what the whole Chicken thing over there on Twitter with the FTL's and the BG's is about ?? hmmm..LOL..I can only imagine... affraid
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:20 pm

Riley 9 wrote:
Woooo-hooooo! These latest pics are SMOKIN' HOT! Matt looks like a FRIGGIN' ROCK STAR when he's in the white shirt/blue jeans/sunglasses, signing autographs! Thanks for the link, jenna! I love you

BTW, I have been reading that a lot of fans who went to the Memphis show were pissed off because the Idols didn't have as much time to spend meeting them. Since they had to do the Graceland tour earlier in the day, most of the Idols didn't have enough time before the show to sign autographs. Well, some people wrote that they appreciated that only MATT, Michael and Danny came out to sign and pose for pictures before the show. Unfortunately, all the Idols were whisked away to the airport after the concert, so many Memphis fans felt ripped off. Mad Leave it to our Matty to be one of the Idols to please the crowds and calm the "angry mob"! LOL Razz

OMG Riley..the minute I first saw that PIC of him I thought the exact same thing! The shirt, the sunglasses on his head, the haircut, the jeans, everything..he's soooo A ROCKSTAR NOW!!! WOOOHOOOO!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:35 pm

macigirl wrote:
mattyg93 wrote:
Guys more comments from the lady who posted this great review at MJ's in Memphis.

I am so excited about this! Please read!
Quote :

My husband is a lawyer/agent and a former A&R exec for a major record label. A&R execs, a vanishing breed in with digital distro and crumbling record sales, are the people responsible for finding talent, negotiating contracts and guiding the reording process. In other words, he’s jaded, coldly calculating about commercial appeal and doesn’t think highly of American Idol.
He does, however, think Adam is really talented (YEAH!) and will be successful - he is not sold that he will be a megastar. He thinks Allison is great but does not approve of the apparent desire to make her Pink 2 — he thinks that they should be going more in the direction of Heart and Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclispe of the Heart). And he was pleasantly surprised by Matt, thinks he’ll get a recording contract. The rest didn’t impress him. He thinks Kris will do OK because he won Idol and fits well into a space that Jive/19R can understand - Joe King (The Fray) and Killers - what I call light alternative.

Also:
Quote :

The folks who joined us in our suite in Memphis are from NY and LA, not Memphis.

This so such great news! It's coming you guys! It's coming!

Matty, it's like a dream to read this review. I am so thrilled for Matt. I am so sure he will be signed. But no matter what happens, our boy is going to be successful . Who the hell wouldn't want to go see him in concert??

OMG..This is the first time I read this review...(there has been sooo MANY great reviews since Memphis show)...But after reading this one I'm about to JUMP to the ceiling..this review along with the other one about record execs being in that "Club Suite" thing and all the good things they had to say I just KNOW our Matty is on his way!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so freakin happy for him I could just bawl my eyes out for him! sunny I love you
Back to top Go down
Riley 9

Riley 9

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:36 pm

I think Matt's come a long way since the beginning of the season, not that he ever looked bad or anything. But Matt's style and overall look has been getting better over the past six months, and now he's hotter than ever! I love you

I love the whole ROCK STAR LOOK on him. It makes him seem like a mature, professional musician. I wish he would dress more like this-- tight button down shirt, tailored jeans, and of course, those 'OVERPRICED' sunglasses! LOL Very Happy I bet he wears the LV sunglasses just to annoy Anoop! Ha-ha!
Back to top Go down
pasnthru

pasnthru

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm

All I can say is WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
I've been sitting here since I got home from work two hours ago gobbling up all this wonderful stuff from the Memphis show! I've been trying out a few small "I told you so's" the past few days on some co-workers and it looks like it won't be long and I'll be able to scream it from my desktop!!!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:17 am

Georgia...great sound

Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:48 am

Jenna wrote:
There was also this in the review I just posted...

Quote :
Also, a couple of girls who were wearing Matt shirts got cussed at for standing during “Georgia”. One of the girls turned to tell the “old folks” that Matt was her sister’s favorite and they had driven six hours to see him.

LOL you go girl!

Also the girl who feel in love with Matt and his legs is not an AI watcher. This to me is probably one of the best things I have read because in order for Matt to be successful he will need to gain fans outside of American Idol. So many idols (clay) have not been able to do this and their careers have sufferred because of this.

Oh I just love that - you have to stand at a concert - it is not a freakin' geriatric gathering!!

And may I just add that I LOVE all these reviews - it's truly amazing that he is winning over SO many people. His stage presences must be just amazing and overwhelming. I am SO jealous of the ones getting to attend a concert. On the other hand I am beginning to wonder if it might just be the healthiest for me to stay away LOL I would have a probably have a melt down. I mean a get this instant physical reaction from just 5 sec of him singing. It is literally crazy how a voice can make you go comple coocoo.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:14 am

Matt jammin on the piano during HTH...

Part One

Part Two

Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 4:35 am

Matt on fire! People were hit by Matt lightning! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:52 pm

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090802/COLUMNISTS17/908020341

Quote :
Matt Giraud may look like Justin Timberlake, but he's more like The Fray's Isaac Slade and Coldplay's Chris Martin mixed in with a little bit of Ray Charles. He blew me away.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:32 pm

Jenna wrote:
http://www.theleafchronicle.com/article/20090802/COLUMNISTS17/908020341

Quote :
Matt Giraud may look like Justin Timberlake, but he's more like The Fray's Isaac Slade and Coldplay's Chris Martin mixed in with a little bit of Ray Charles. He blew me away.

Best review EVER.
I bet Matt would love to read that. THe only comparison missing was Billy Joel. Heh.
I am so excited for him! The reviews keep getting better and better. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Memphis, TN Show!   Memphis, TN Show! - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Memphis, TN Show!
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next