Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Who else is ready for Matt music?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

Who else is ready for Matt music? Empty
PostSubject: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 8:37 pm

So I was eating lunch today in a pizza joint and finishing up my casenotes when all of the sudden I became very happy and excited. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you! It's because I heard the DJ on the radio announce that he was going to play Michael John's single from American Idol and then it came on. Why did this make me excited? Is it because I am a huge Michael Johns fan? No! I became excited because the radio was playing an American Idol contestant's music who is not signed. Believe it or not this little thing gave me so much hope for Matt! If they will play Michael John's music why wouldn't they play Matt's?

I really think the music scene is changing. The huge record labels probably won't even be around in the next few years. So many artists are now going independent and are starting to get radio play. If Matt releases great music which we all know he will he has a chance of making it even without a huge record label. And IMO his music will be more creative and artistic without a huge label turning him into bubblegum nonsense. If he gets good management that gets him great gigs, TV promotion like Ellen, Regis and Kelly, American Idol, commercials, etc, and he does a radio tour he will be on his way. Matt has one thing already that so many new artists don't have...he has a built in fanbase and name recognition. If he works hard, promotes himself, tours, and opens for other artists he will carve himself out a nice career.

I am so excited for this man's career to start. Can you imagine how excited we will be when we hear his first single? I have tears in my eyes just thinking about it. We just have to ban together and help get his name out there. Don't know about you guys but I am game to do whatever Matt needs us to do! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:15 pm

Yes Jenna I can share your excitement! I can't wait for Matt's new music to be here.
I am not a Michael John
s fan either but hey.. I was a super Cookie fan. Michael Johns to me was just very bland singer and nothing special. Sorry. He can sing but that's about it. Sort of like a good covers band singer.

I can understand your point. But still. Michael Johns have sold at the most 5K-10K at the most of his indie CD and that's not really news worthy outside his loyal fan base.
They are playing his song in some radio stations but the promotion is quite non existent.

To be honest I am still aiming major label for Matt just because I think he is that damn special. A lot of the past idols who have gone indie don;t really go anywhere.

See Ace Young, Chris Sligh, JPL, Constantine, etc. Even Elliott Yamin never got his single played from his new record. It's strange to me because "Wait For You" was such a big hit but after that he kind of fade away.

Call me egotistical, but Matt deserves much more. He has tons of potential to make it big. And I think that if he had to choose he would go with a major label. Remember he said on the Andrew Cook interview that he might pull a Castro so I do hope that is what happens. That way you have the huge machine behind you and it just makes things easier.

This is just my personal opinion guys, so please don't hate on me.
I just believe in his talent so much I want the world to see him in a major way! Hope my point of view is understandable.

Either way I will support Matt all my life! I am sure he will go places. And yes Jenna I can't wait to hear new music from Matt!

Last edited by mattyg93 on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:39 pm

I agree with you Matty That I really want matt to go Major, and I feel like as time goes on and he builds up more and more anticipation for his album by killing this tour, a major label will find him worthy enough to throw themselves behind him.

But I think your point, Jenna, is very important because it just goes to show that it is very likely for Matt to get himself out there and succeed with an indie label or even on his own. I also agree that Record Labels are becoming less and less necessary with the development of I-tunes and Rhapsody singles, so Artists could make money on their own. This news that a radio station played an artist's song without them being signed Major gives me alot of hope that while Matt is in limbo (or rather while he waits for Major labels to get their head out of their asses) he doesn't have to sit around but can make a go at getting some really good material recorded and played on radio stations <----- Also helps to generate more interest in him if those singles played are really good.

We already know that he is working on getting some singles on I-tunes (he said so in an interview a while back) so if he sells these well, get stuff played on the radio (which I think we may be able to help with by requesting his songs be played Esp. in the Mich. area where he will be doing some solo shows) and continue to put on good shows in and around his area, I have no doubt that by the time he is signed with that Major label he'll have generated major buzz for himself.

I like him taking this approach because it is sort of a slow and easy way and gives him more cred because he's slowly worked himself up to major label status. I think Matt may be thinking in these terms as well by keeping his name on everyone's lips with this Yobi gig, solo tour in Mich. playing at huge events in Mich., getting some single out on I-tunes so that his music stays fresh and out there, and he even at one point hinted at putting together demos of his style of music to approach labels with.

Thanks for this info. Jenna. This does make me much more excited for Matt's chances. If I'm being honest i think even though he has yet to be signed, his chances at long term success are looking as good as the top 4. I was just thinking about the end of the tour earlier and feeling sick for Matt that he will pretty much be left to his own devices, but this news and hashing this out this way has turned my trepidation to excitment! cheers
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:45 pm

I didn't say I didn't want him to be signed but right now he is not so I am trying to look on the bright side of things. Instead of wallowing in negativity. You discussed all of the idols who have gone independent and are struggling but what about the idols that were signed by major labels and also went no where. To name a few... Blake, Katharine Mcphee, Ruben, Taylor, Fantasia, Kristie Lee Cook, Justin, Diana Degarmo, that red head kid from season 3 was also signed, Bo Bice, and even Clay Aiken was dropped from his label. Some of these idols, as is the nature of AI sold 800 thousand to a few million and yet where are they today? Matty, it is about good music and luck. Being signed to a major label doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be a superstar. Producing quality music and having a successful steady career would be amazing to Matt. He has said time and again he wants to make great music for the rest of his life. He wants to move someone with his music. He said he would be happy with being able to tour the country in state theaters. I know he will be able to do this and I am ecstatic that I will be able to see him perform and buy his music for years to come. I'm sure Matt would love to be the next huge superstar and I am praying this happens for him but if he niches out a career like say Gavin Degraw I will also be happy. I would rather Matt have a successful career with longevity than for him to put out one CD sell a million and then disappear. Just my opinion! I am excited for Matt's music and career whether he is signed or decides to go indie. Maybe this is selfish but I'd rather have music from Matt's heart than from 50 different song writers working for a major label.

Last edited by Jenna on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Lana wrote:
I agree with you Matty That I really want matt to go Major, and I feel like as time goes on and he builds up more and more anticipation for his album by killing this tour, a major label will find him worthy enough to throw themselves behind him.

But I think your point, Jenna, is very important because it just goes to show that it is very likely for Matt to get himself out there and succeed with an indie label or even on his own. I also agree that Record Labels are becoming less and less necessary with the development of I-tunes and Rhapsody singles, so Artists could make money on their own. This news that a radio station played an artist's song without them being signed Major gives me alot of hope that while Matt is in limbo (or rather while he waits for Major labels to get their head out of their asses) he doesn't have to sit around but can make a go at getting some really good material recorded and played on radio stations <----- Also helps to generate more interest in him if those singles played are really good.

We already know that he is working on getting some singles on I-tunes (he said so in an interview a while back) so if he sells these well, get stuff played on the radio (which I think we may be able to help with by requesting his songs be played Esp. in the Mich. area where he will be doing some solo shows) and continue to put on good shows in and around his area, I have no doubt that by the time he is signed with that Major label he'll have generated major buzz for himself.

I like him taking this approach because it is sort of a slow and easy way and gives him more cred because he's slowly worked himself up to major label status. I think Matt may be thinking in these terms as well by keeping his name on everyone's lips with this Yobi gig, solo tour in Mich. playing at huge events in Mich., getting some single out on I-tunes so that his music stays fresh and out there, and he even at one point hinted at putting together demos of his style of music to approach labels with.

Thanks for this info. Jenna. This does make me much more excited for Matt's chances. If I'm being honest i think even though he has yet to be signed, his chances at long term success are looking as good as the top 4. I was just thinking about the end of the tour earlier and feeling sick for Matt that he will pretty much be left to his own devices, but this news and hashing this out this way has turned my trepidation to excitment! cheers

A little excessive that I quoted your whole post Lana but it is exactly how I feel and what I wanted to say!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Oh and Matty when I said not wallowing in negativity I meant myself not you. Very Happy I have been so discouraged lately and sad but today I feel very hopeful for Matt!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:13 pm

Jenna wrote:
Oh and Matty when I said not wallowing in negativity I meant myself not you. Very Happy I have been so discouraged lately and sad but today I feel very hopeful for Matt!

Oh Jenna! I was kind of thinking you were mad at me for being negative!
But I am not! I swear.. I am actually very positive that Matt's career will take off sooner or later.

He will end up with a major label I am sure, but even if he has to start in small way he will get up there I am sure.
I would love for him to have a career like Gavin de Graw! Yes!

Gavin is on a major label now (J Records) but I think he started without one and someone just saw him at a piano bar in Manhattan and got discovered.
Any Gavin fans here correct me if I am wrong?

Anyways.. Jenna I understand completely your post and I hope you do mine. Either way Matt will be fine and he will get signed sooner or later.
I just think the Andrew Cook interview got me excited just because he said there's interest out there but it will take time and that he might pull a Castro.

I am also very hopeful right now. It will happen for Matt I am sure.
Someday as maci said when Matt becomes super famous and he has a big tour we will all meet up and say "I told you so". Can't wait for that day. Very sweet.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 pm

So I got these numbers from MJ's...

Note: Numbers indicate position on the chart while numbers in brackets indicate the position on the chart the previous week. “^” indicates that the song has a bullet in that format.

Brooke White:
“Radio Radio”: ^33 AC (32)

Bucky Covington:
“I Want My Life Back”: ^31 Country (29)

Daughtry:
“No Surprise”: ^1 HAC (1), ^9 Pop (11), ^15 AC (13)

David Cook:
“Come Back To Me”: 6 HAC (6), ^13 AC (14)

Elliott Yamin:
“Can’t Keep On Loving…”: ^40 AC (39)

Jennifer Hudson:
“Giving Myself”: ^24 UAC (28)
“If This Isn’t Love”: 15 UAC (13)

Jordin Sparks:
“Battlefield”: ^7 Pop (7), ^18 HAC (20), ^26 AC (34)

Kelly Clarkson:
“Already Gone”: ^21 HAC (22), ^34 Pop (41)
“I Do Not Hook Up”: 30 HAC (26), 41 AC (37)

Lakisha Jones:
“Same Song”: ^28 UAC (27)

Mandisa:
“He is With You”: ^33 CAC (35)

Michael Johns:
“Heart on My Sleeve”: 24 AC (22)

Phil Stacey:
“You’re Not Shaken”: ^17 CAC (18)

Ruben Studdard:
“Together”: ^42 AC (42)

Song Co-written by Chris Sligh:
“Here Comes GoodBye”: ^14 AC (12)

I think this is very positive. I think Bucky is signed to a big indie label, not sure about Ruben, Mandisa I think is signed by an indie label, same with Phil Stacey. Not sure about Lakisha. I will have to go and do a search. But anyway I think this is promising for Matt. If these other idols can get radio play so can Matt! Just thought I'd share it with you guys.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:22 pm

Quote :
Oh Jenna! I was kind of thinking you were mad at me for being negative!
But I am not! I swear.. I am actually very positive that Matt's career will take off sooner or later.

Nope I am never mad by what anyone posts. I believe in everyone having their own opinions and being able to express them. I figured you would think I was mad and that's why I posted my disclaimer. I guess I am just tired of worrying about whether or not Matt is signed. I am praying he does get signed and I believe he can but if for some strange ass reason he doesn't then I want to be able to have hope that he will be fine on his own. It will be harder but even without a label I believe in him!

Negativity (actually I don't like to call it that...I prefer the word worry) doesn't bother me as long as I know the person expressing it loves Matt and I know you do. Everyone is bound to be discouraged and worry at times. The entertainment world is hard to break into. We will have many more ups and downs in this fandom trust me but in the end it will be all about his music!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:29 pm

Quote :

Negativity (actually I don't like to call it that...I prefer the word worry) doesn't bother me as long as I know the person expressing it loves Matt and I know you do. Everyone is bound to be discouraged and worry at times. The entertainment world is hard to break into. We will have many more ups and downs in this fandom trust me but in the end it will be all about his music!

Thanks Jenna. You know I love Matt in any way. I am here in the ups and downs and when Matt succeeds all of us will have a huge grin on our faces. Ahhh. Can't wait for that moment. It really all about the music.

BTW Michael Johns is just getting airplay on AC stations.
I think that market is very limited so that's why Michael did not sell much.
I think I read you need to get songs to be played on HOT AC or Top 40 stations to get units moving.
Matt's voice and sound is perfect for current radio so I don't think he will have any problems getting plays there. Just my two cents. I think that Matt with the right material will a super successful. Basketball
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:32 pm

Also, did you guys see Brook White's Yahoo music interview also posted at Mjs? CHECK IT OUT! She is signed indie (you already knew that) and her passion and approach to both the show and life after the show reminds me alot of Matt.

I think her way of thinking (during the tour before she decided to go Indie) may be what is going through Matt's head right now. If so, this also makes me really excited because Brook came to know exactly what she wanted to do and who she wanted to be as an artist, and she figured out the best route for herself to accomplish this. I'm not saying her choices will be the same as Matt's, but it has given me some really good insight on what goes through their minds while trying to figure out their futures.

It's 17 minutes long, but worth it...
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:40 pm

Quote :

I think her way of thinking (during the tour before she decided to go Indie) may be what is going through Matt's head right now. If so, this also makes me really excited because Brook came to know exactly what she wanted to do and who she wanted to be as an artists, and she figured out the best route for herself to accomplish this. I'm not saying her choices will be the same as matt's, but it has given me some really good insight on what goes through their minds while trying to figure out their futures.

I saw it Lana! Great interview. I like Brooke she is sweet and talented. IMO if she had gone major she might have been the next Colbie Colliat. Colbie is with Universal right?
I think Brooke said it best: It has pros and cons.
Going indie is harder there's no question about it. You don't have the machine..
So it depends on what you want.

I really just want Matt's music: indie or major. Just like Jenna. But.. I don't want to be selfish either. I want Matt to be super successful and have great promo and backing because in my mind he deserves it so much.
JMHO.

Let's see how Jason Castro fares compared to Brooke. That will be a good indicator.
Don't you guys think?

I think Jason will sell much more because his fanbase is huge and he will get backing and promo. Let's see if his music is played and catches on. If it works for Jason I say it will work even better for Matt.
So my final point is: If Matt goes indie and he is happy then I am happy too. I will listen to his CD and promote him any way I can although is a tough road.
If Matt goes major I will be ecstatic because I know he will get so many resources and backing he would never get the other way. So only time will tell.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:03 pm

Just watched the Brooke video and I absolutely loved what she had to say about the state of music today compared to the great music released in the 60's and 70's. I totally agree with her that music today is about the here and now and not about 10 years from now. Longevity is so much more important than selling a million copies of one CD and being the next gimmick that doesn't have a hell in the chance of lasting (cough cough cough Adam Lambert). Love what she said about building her career brick by brick so that you are here not just tomorrow but 10 years from now too.

I also loved what she said about creative control and how important it was to her to be the artist she wanted to be. I think this is what Matt is struggling with. I feel Matt wants to put out music that expresses who he is as an artist, is meaningful, and artistic. Like Brooke said she wanted to put out something special and unique that allows her to grow as an artist and that allows her to be around for years to come.

Seriously watch this interview. It is very eye opening and IMO very relevant to Matt. I hope he has watched this.

http://mjsbigblog.com/brooke-white-speaks-of-high-hopes-heartbreak.htm
Back to top Go down
iluvmatt

iluvmatt

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 11:30 pm

I was just about to post Brooke's interview here too! Smile I listened to her talk, and all I could think of was "Matt" when she gave certain answers! They seem to be very similar in a lot of ways.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 12:03 am

From the new interview I posted...

Quote :
M: Sure. I’m always looking for more. I’m always looking at ways to try and hold on to it. You know what I mean? I never cared about the fame as much. I mean, the fact that I do have fans out there it means the world to me, no matter how many there are. I want to make music that’s good. I want to make quality stuff. Fame takes second place to that.

This is one of the many reason why I love Matt! His passion for music for music sake is refreshing. I hope he never loses this! Matt has me as a fan for as long as he continues to make music!
Back to top Go down
lo_wee

lo_wee

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:38 am

Jenna wrote:
From the new interview I posted...

Quote :
M: Sure. I’m always looking for more. I’m always looking at ways to try and hold on to it. You know what I mean? I never cared about the fame as much. I mean, the fact that I do have fans out there it means the world to me, no matter how many there are. I want to make music that’s good. I want to make quality stuff. Fame takes second place to that.

This is one of the many reason why I love Matt! His passion for music for music sake is refreshing. I hope he never loses this! Matt has me as a fan for as long as he continues to make music!

I couldn't have said it better myself. I've never been so excited for someone's album that hasn't even been made yet. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who else is ready for Matt music?   Who else is ready for Matt music? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who else is ready for Matt music?
Page 1 of 1