Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

The music in Matt!

Go down 
+8
sgr91
meagsmatt
slick7
sunshyne8
poisnivy
cecilie
cranberry
Jenna
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:45 pm

From his Twitter...

Quote :

I wish I could sit at a piano and sing whatever someone wants for an hour..seems like I haven't done in that in years

Sitting in the lounge of Detroit Metro. No Fedora:) can't wait to play music again.played piano for a minute and a half yesterday.felt great

Okay I can't take this guy's passion for music anymore...it's going to kill me! I love you He really has to be signed. I mean come on who else this season or for that matter any season has music in their soul this much. Not to mention the fact that the man is immensely talented to boot. These types of statements from him really touches my heart, makes me love him more, and only makes me want to support him even harder!

LOL about the no fedora. Guess he knows some of us want to see that curly head of his. UMMM Matt you could play anything you wanted for hour to me at any time! I would be a captive audience and I'm sure I could scrounge up some people here to join me.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cranberry

cranberry

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:53 pm

So sweet tweets.I'm melting.
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

I wish I could sit at a piano and sing whatever someone wants for an hour..seems like I haven't done in that in years

Sitting in the lounge of Detroit Metro. No Fedora:) can't wait to play music again.played piano for a minute and a half yesterday.felt great

Okay I can't take this guy's passion for music anymore...it's going to kill me! I love you He really has to be signed. I mean come on who else this season or for that matter any season has music in their soul this much. Not to mention the fact that the man is immensely talented to boot. These types of statements from him really touches my heart, makes me love him more, and only makes me want to support him even harder!

LOL about the no fedora. Guess he knows some of us want to see that curly head of his. UMMM Matt you could play anything you wanted for hour to me at any time! I would be a captive audience and I'm sure I could scrounge up some people here to join me.

Im so with you on that. It kills me too when all he really wants is to play music in front of an appreciative aud. This idol-restriction -it is like asking him not to breathe - for crying out loud!!

Sometimes I fear that he regrets this whole idol-machinery - a set-up that really prevents true artists from expressing themselves when they want and what thet want. I mean if you'r just in it for "the money and the glory/fame" then you can prob live without being able to perform for a some time - but for Matt it must literally be like asking thim to cut something valuable out of your life for a period.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:13 pm

cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

Im so with you on that. It kills me too when all he really wants is to play music in front of an appreciative aud. This idol-restriction -it is like asking him not to breathe - for crying out loud!!

Sometimes I fear that he regrets this whole idol-machinery - a set-up that really prevents true artists from expressing themselves when they want and what thet want. I mean if you'r just in it for "the money and the glory/fame" then you can prob live without being able to perform for a some time - but for Matt it must literally be like asking thim to cut something valuable out of your life for a period.

Exactly cecile and brillianty said! That was exactly what I was thinking when I read his twitters.
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
poisnivy

poisnivy

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:15 pm

I love these tweets I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
sunshyne8

sunshyne8

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 4:27 pm

I love how he just wants to play for someone... entertaining is in his blood! He really does just want to use his music to make other people happy!! That's just so sweet... *sighs* Smile
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 5:45 pm

cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

Exactly to the bolded parts. It breaks my heart a bit that he currently doesn't have the freedom to perform as he wants to because he so clearly has an immense love/passion for music and gets a lot of joy from playing music/singing and making that connection with an audience. I think the restrictions on performing prior to tour is a very very harsh stipulation from 19E...

I doubt Matt regrets the "idol-machinery" (though he probably wishes they weren't as...craptastic at times Smile) since, for all its many many faults, it has given him tons of opportunities to meet people in the industry, learn and grow as a musician, gain tons of exposure and fans and soon, to perform live for millions of people in huge arenas across the country, which will only increase the size of his fan base and help him to grow/learn even more as an artist, plus, despite the ups and downs on the show, he seems to have had tons of fun. Now it's our job to help make sure he has a fantastic career post idol and is able to make the most of the connections, exposure, experience, etc. he gained from idol, despite 19E shenanigans.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 6:38 pm

Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

True or false Matt has the best tweets? TRUE! I was getting tired of seeing Scott talk about bowers or briefs and Danny pimping himself for mr. twitter universe (and i actually like danny!) Seriously, he hasn't even been allowed to play the piano?! He's like in jail! Well, soon enough he'll be right back into the swing of things and I for one can't wait!! : )
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I have to admit I almost melted when I read that. The freaky part is that I had to pick my aunt up from Metro airport (who was flying in from LA) and I thought to myself, its really too bad I can't go into the terminal to meet her like in the old days - maybe I would get a chance to see him. Again, the stalking behavior is getting scary.
As a side note, my aunt is a huge Adam Lambert fan who was absolutely despondent when he didn't win. I sat down to show her his idolatry and afterwards I showed her Matt's performance on Ellen. Again, she is a huge Lambert fan, but after watching that she said "Wow, its like the music pours out from somewhere inside him". She also laughed at the end saying "How could you NOT want to get it on after that performance".
So you see, I converted another one for the cause. She said she would definitely buy his albums.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Quote :

LOL about the no fedora. Guess he knows some
of us want to see that curly head of his. UMMM Matt you could play
anything you wanted for hour to me at any time! I would be a captive
audience and I'm sure I could scrounge up some people here to join me.

Ha.ha. Jenna. I want to think he was without a fedora to please me because I confess I wrote on his facebook wall and told him he should dump those hats once in a while and switch it up. Some of us really like to see his curls. IMO he looks hotter without the fedoras, but that's just me.
I hope he switches up during the tour, maybe some songs with hats and some without.
I am so happy he twitted that detail. He is so sweet!
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:41 am

I saw that!!! And i thought, I will drive the 45 minutes to Metro Airport just so you can sing to me Matt. If only there was an available car Smile
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:51 am

slick7 wrote:
cecilie wrote:
Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

Exactly to the bolded parts. It breaks my heart a bit that he currently doesn't have the freedom to perform as he wants to because he so clearly has an immense love/passion for music and gets a lot of joy from playing music/singing and making that connection with an audience. I think the restrictions on performing prior to tour is a very very harsh stipulation from 19E...

I doubt Matt regrets the "idol-machinery" (though he probably wishes they weren't as...craptastic at times Smile) since, for all its many many faults, it has given him tons of opportunities to meet people in the industry, learn and grow as a musician, gain tons of exposure and fans and soon, to perform live for millions of people in huge arenas across the country, which will only increase the size of his fan base and help him to grow/learn even more as an artist, plus, despite the ups and downs on the show, he seems to have had tons of fun. Now it's our job to help make sure he has a fantastic career [b]post idol and is able to make the most of the connections, exposure, experience, etc. he gained from idol, despite 19E shenanigans.
This.
The AI exposure is going to get him signed.
I can imagine it's a tough industry, insists persistence,tolerance,confidence. Is the bumpy road in AI healthier than the overhyped one? What is the real relationship between AI fame and success in the real world?
Perfect example,Matt and Danny;in the eyes of the music industry which one is the true artist and capable of making a serious long career? I want to believe there are passionate producers who care about the music not just making quick money with an artist after artist. By the way, didn't Matt somewhere say he wants to make popular music.

Last edited by cranberry on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JKRio

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 6:35 am

Jenna wrote:
From his Twitter...

Quote :

sweet Smile
If Matt's not playing or recording anything then I'm dead.
He has to show the world what a great musician he is and inspire a lot of people.
He inspired me to play piano again. I stopped loving piano the moment I got hooked with guitar and other stuff but since Matt showed how fun it is on the piano BOOM! I had to play to again.

One thing I admire Matt is his passion / love for music. Other people would prefer love for singing but him is the MUSIC itself and that's very touching.
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 7:48 am

That's what drew me to Matt, his passion for Music. You can tell how much it means to him. The way he plays that piano is amazing. I've just never seem anyone "make love" to the keys the way he does. He feels everything he says. It makes me sad to think how Kara's comment about My Funny Valentine must have cut him to the core, but still he smiled. What class. I love the music in Matt and someone's gotta sign him, because I can't imagine never getting to hear new songs from Matt or never seeing him perform ever again after the tour! He is just so talented. To me, the most talented overall to come out of AI this season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The music in Matt! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The music in Matt!   The music in Matt! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The music in Matt!
Page 1 of 1