Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Grand Rapids, MI Show!

Go down 
+24
mattsgirl
Cacity87
megryan67
macigirl
Lisa_M
lovethemtigers
Janizzle
pasnthru
sgr91
OvenMitt
asianmegan
lo_wee
BlondeB
Lana
Giraudian#202
graciecat
iluvmatt
mattyfan
mattyg93
lumma
cranberry
Riley 9
jessica
Jenna
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
jessica

jessica

Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:09 pm

cecilie wrote:
Part One
I am back in Copenhagen Denmark after what literally was the best weekend ever! I left Friday early morning and spent about 12 hours on a plane (!) and landed at Detroit Metro in the afternoon, where sgr was so sweet to pick me up! So funny meeting someone that you have never seen before. We gave each other a big hug – well I felt I knew her already!! So we drive into Ann Arbor – very nice city – and met maci (yeah soul sista!!). We went out to a nice dinner – started of the party with French martinis. The sun was shining, we were all giddy and laughing – wonderful!! Went back to sgr after having shopped for 150 cds, covers, posters WOOT!!! Lisa and Jenna arrived later that night and spent sooo many hours burning cd’s with sgr THANK U!! I spent almost all Friday night preparing my black top with the “Sign Matt Giraud” – One should think that it was an easy job - How hard can that be to iron on letters on a shirt lol – well it took me quite some time I tell ya – and I also misspelled at one point! Sign Matt Girad!!
The poor Georgia girls arrived at 4 am Saturday morning..aww they were soo tired. Saturday morning we went for breakfast and I finally got to buy new running shoes with 2dogs. That was needed btw lol. We went for a nice walk around Ann Arbor - beautiful city – and as we headed off for Kalamazoo we got to pass the huge stadium where everybody was getting ready for the big football game. It was great to experience -very American.
In the car on our way to Kalamazoo maci, lisa and I sang our lungs out and went completely crazy lol Tigers, dsouthie, Haleigh and Jenna were in the other car – equally singing like crazy!
We check into the Radisson Hotel (where Matt used to play in the hotel lobby) and the 7 of us make drinks, have snacks in the room and get ourselves ready for a night out at the Monaco Bay!! What a fabulous place – such a nice atmosphere and great piano players/singers – no Matt lol – but we danced, got to talk to the cute BG girls, chatted, laughed, cried (!! – well at least Maci, Lisa and I) It was very emotional for me when one of the piano players (Rusty??) played John Legend – ordinary people –Matt once played that song at Zazios and it always instantly brings tears to my eyes- so I got a good cry! GEEZ get a grip woman. All night long I clung to the Matty pic, that Lisa had brought me – you know the one where he is wearing my fav shirt – ahhh!
We finally got home and Maci and I just got a hysterical laugh attack when we finally went to bed! I almost peed my pants!
So Sunday – THE BIG DAY wow. I managed to go for a run in Kalamozoo in the morning. Much needed – too much excitement!! Afterwards we all get ourselves ready – imagine the mess of 7 women trying to get ready for MATTYY! LOL mascara, blowdryers, clothes (GEEZ!!), posters everywhere. Tigers daughter – Haleigh – had spent the night making posters for us – that sweet girl. She is just SOO adorable – so ready to marry her off to one of my boys (btw my oldest Christian has already seen her pics and is VERY interested, Tigers LOL)
At about 11 we get in the cars and drive to GR and get a spot by the fences. The sun is banging away (so is my heart!) and I kind of regret that I put on a black skirt and a black tank-top both because it was so hot wearing black and because the sun is starting to burn my arms and shoulders LOL. At about 2.30 ( I think) the busses pull up and I start to wonder about what to say to Matt – I can’t just stand there and stare at him!!!

Part 2
Suddenly Matt appears walking his “signature” walk – you know relaxed but with a swagger wearing a plaid shirt and rayban sunglasses waving at his fans…OMG
I both want him to get to me quickly and at the same time I want him to take his time, so that I can enjoy the sight of him walking/talking lol. We all start to chant SignMattGiraud and he loooves it! It felt so great to chant at that moment. Matt is approaching and starts to talk to dsouthie who stands at my left. (the conversation was written down by maci LOL) Then dsouthie goes “This is the one from Denmark” turning to me. Matt looks at me and responds “You’re the one? So glad to finally meet you. What was your name again?” I give him my name and he says that he has seen my tweets. He then rubbs my arm (OMG!!) He puts out his hand for me to shake and I go “Oh no – I need a hug”. Matt laughs and says OK. So we hugged for 4 sec (LOL my girls counted and took notes) and I give him a big kiss on the cheek. His skin was so soft. He then says that he will be looking for me in there. Then he looks at my top and goes “Sign Matt Giraud – I like your shirt”. I ask him if he can see my sign and he says sorry I can’t read it (because he is colorblind I gather – should have thought of that lol). Then I go” It says that you’re my favorite work of art” He thanks me and I go “You are just so adorable and talented – We love you”. And as he walks away he turns to me and says “I love u too”. Off course I am overjoyed. He is such a sweet guy, humble, easy to talk to and even though he must be SOO tired of all the meeting and greeting - he made me feel very special!
All this time maci is taking pictures (thank you love!!) with dsouthies camera (thank u too, love) Ahhh what a day so far.
We all go out to eat, and we get back to the venue at around 6 pm. We find our seats, Lisa and I are at row 6 all to the right. The Georgia girls and 2dogs are at row 4 with seats more centered. We have good seats, but I so wanted to be closer…well suddenly Lisa and I see Matt’s dad almost next to us and Lisa gets up to go greet him and to tell him that she loves Matt. As the complete dork I am I stay behind a bit too shy to go up to the dad. We are strange us Danish people - we are not good at giving compliments and we tend to be a bit introvert…So I tell myself “Get over yourself, you ass and go up there and say Hi”. So I follow Lisa and I tell him how much I love Matt and how talented I think he is! He goes thank you very much and asks where I come from. When I tell him Denmark he looks at me with disbelief LOL. Lisa and I go back to our seats and the show starts – we are up on our feet instantly. Halfway through sarvers set I do something that I normally wouldn’t have done. I jump over the seat in front of me and I sneak up next to 2dogs and the Georgia girls in row 4 – wow FANTASTIC seats. Heaven!
I really enjoyed both Michael, Megan, Lill and Anoop – but Scott was boring – just wanted his set to be over…Then BAM – the lights go out, the beatboxing begins and in comes Matt!! What a transformation. He enters that stage with such charisma, power and a sexy, badass attitude that he blew me away. I am off course screaming like crazy lol. His vocals are spot on, his moves on fire and he bangs away on that piano like never before. The crowd goes crazy for him. Georgia is amazing and I just tear up everytime I go back and watch that YT vid. He is in such an emotional state and he struggles so hard not to show. And yet not one single time is his vocal pitchy – again spot on performance. Same goes for YFM. It is as if he improves this song every time he sings it..what can I say - I adore him!!
Eventually some of the the people in row 3 disappear and Tigers, Dsouthie, Haleigh take their places YAY!!! Tell her about was great and Beggin just blew me away – I was so close to that stage that I felt his eyes on me several times OMG!! Well I was jumping up and down waving to get his attention LOL.
At some point during the Intermission I turn around and notice that Matt’s dad is waving at me..I wave back and he motions to me to come see him after the show…I am all WHAT is that about?!? But I had a good feeling since he had mentioned to Tigers that she should come see him after the show!!
Ah well the rest of the set was OK – Kris was boring though and Adam was soo loud that I actually had to cover my ears at some point lol. Danny was sweet and made a good performance - have mercy!! Those arms are like made in stone!! GEEZ! Don’t stop believing was great. I love Matt at that piano - he looks so happy.

Part 3
The show is over and I and the other girls go over to Matts dad who asks if we enjoyed the show and we are making conversation. Then he asks if we would like to go “backstage” to say hi to Matt? Well DUH!! Somehow we get 7 passes (amazing) but we can’t get a hold of Maci and Jenna..!! What to do! Tigers and her daughter call her a million times and finally get in touch with them. Matts dad is so sweet and says that he will take us up there, but that is easier said than done lol wherever he goes he is stopped by a whole bunch a people who all want to take his picture. And at the same time he has no clue as to where this damn room is…LOL All while we are trying to communicate to maci and jenna where to meet up..OMG it was hilarious us running back and forth with his dad.
Finally we get to the room and we and about 50/60 other people are gathered in the room. 5-10 minutes passes and suddenly he appears smiling, looking slightly tired - aww poor baby!!
We just stand there looking at him while the crowd is literally moving in on him from all sides – like animals moving in on their prey LOL. I stand in line but eventually move over to the side and let people get in front of me…because then I can continue to look at him without it feeling too weird LOL Poor guy he looks happy but so tired and I just want him to be able sit down and not worry about all of us… All of his family is there, uncle and uncles girlfriend, his dad (obviously), his mom, his sister, his maybe girlfriend, his “lillbro”…
Then out of the blue his dad suddenly grabs my hand and leads me up to Matt telling him “Do you know that she came all the way from Denmark”? Matt looks at me and smiles and he says “yeah – we met outside”. We hug (I could get used to that lol) and then it’s picture time. Dsouthie, Tigers and Haleigh stand next to me and Dsouthie and Tigers are both quicker and smarter than I am LOL and they both get next to Matt for the first picture. For the second picture I gently but firmly tell dsouthie that now it’s my turn. At least I hope I was being nice GEEEZ I have done so many things out of character this weekend. Matt smiles at me, looks down at my feet (maybe he is wondering how tall I am) and says that he likes my shoes (!?!) I am wearing flip-flops LOL. (So funny – I remember Maci told me that I didn’t have to freshen up and look cute for the concert, because I wouldn’t see Matt anymore that night – but little did we know that we would get that amazing invite LOL). It was soo nice to feel his hand on my shoulder and to have my arm around his waist…Me likey 
Then we move away to let others get their share of Matt. Danny and Kris are there - I didn’t talk to them – they are sweet and all but I only have eyes for one LOL. We stay in the room though and after 1,5 hours we finally leave the venue – happyyyyy! We bump into another Mattfan, a gorgeous black, tall skinny girl that Maci has met at the Pitts show. She wants us all to go to a club, but I am exhausted! Then we bumb into Fishtv and talk to her for a long time, She was funny!
We go to a hotel I GR – actually a very nice place – and literally stay up all night talking, laughing, watching vids, pics. Dsouthie, Tigers and Haleigh only sleep a few hours before having to return to Georgia..I was actually pretty worried about them going to drive that far only having slept 2 hours…But they returned safely! Later Maci takes me to the airport and we are in tears in the car!! It has been such an adventure that really has exceeded my wildest hopes and dreams for that weekend. I was so afraid to be expecting too much and to maybe be disappointed..But this weekend has been a wild ride – crazy, wonderful – the best!! Thanks to all of my wonderful new friends – thanks for making this unforgettable. I really appreciate you going out of your way to make this a weekend to remember. LOVE YOU!!
Pics later.

After reading this I am literally in tears! You deserved it girl! Glad it was so amazing for you girls.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:42 pm

Cecilie! I just read your recap and it was wonderful!! You got it all put into words, I bet you are feeling amazing! I am so happy for you - ALL of you! Matt is so blessed to have such great fans! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:57 pm

Loved all of your recaps guys! So glad you had such a wonderful time and Matt experience together! Cec, I am extra happy that your trip here was so memorable Very Happy I bet you are still on Cloud 9?
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 am

Thanks for the recaps and pics!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:22 pm

oh Cecilie- your recap gave me chills, it was as if I was there all over again. Okay going to give my recap. The whole story!

FRIDAY:
Southie arrives at my house about 4:30. we load her car with all of our stuff and head out to Michigan. We have such a fun ride. We are so fired up to meet everyone that we are not even tired. Haleigh sleeps some, but not us. We listened to Matt pretty much the whole 13 hour drive! We arrive at SGR's at 4AM and she opens the door to let us in and shows us where we can crash. Thank you Sgr for opening your doors to 3 weary travelers from Georgia. So we lay down but still too fired up to sleep. My daugher is telling southie and I to shut up and go to sleep! Ha who is the child and who are the adults here?!! Too excited to sleep.

SATURDAY:
Finally we fall asleep at about 5 am and wake up at 8:30. We hear noise out front, so we go out there and meet Celilie and maci first - we share hugs, laughs and tears. Lisa has made pics for all of us of Matt - thank you lisa - it's in my wallet!!! So we get dressed and go to Ann Arbor. Have breakfast at delightful little place - Ann Arbor gorgeous college town, love all the outdoor seating on the sidewalks.
Best part of the day - my daughter is in a t-shirt shop, southie, me, maci and cecilie are outside waiting on her and all of a sudden i hear "baby here I am, I'm a man on the scene"...i look at southie and cecilie and we start screaming. we grab maci and all 4 of us run over to hear the street band. Now was this an omen of things to come or WHAT? I ask each and everyone of you!? We were like 4 school girls gone wild! HA! We kept tweeting Matt about our day, us silly women. Then it's time to go, we drive pass the Big Blue Stadium. Oh yeah, Southie and I have windows down blaring Matt Giraud and Southie is hollaring his name out the window to all the football fans. HA. Oh rewind....we are pulling out of parking garage and ask parking attendant (well, souhtie does) "you know matt giraud?" at first she says no, but then we say from AI - "oh yeah, I like him, he should have won!" You got that right sista! Her name is Rita. We turn on a Matt song for her. Too funny.

Get in Kalamazoo to hotel. Yes we hang out and have drinks and snacks - I am just too excited to eat - i've barely ate anything in the past 72 hours at this point. We walk a couple of blocks to Monaco Bay. Amazing feeling. It was so surreal to be there. I keep saying to maci and cecilie all night "can you believe we are here? Can you believe this?"and of course we tweet matt more about coming to see him and being at the Bay. We meet some sweet BG's there too. We got up and danced quite a bit. We had an awesome time. On the way back to hotel, Maci shows up zazio's where matt played and the lobby piano where he played. Again, just part of our mattypalooza weekend!

SUNDAY:
as Cecilie said - 7 women getting ready in one hotel room for matty! Ha - actually though it all went smoothly. Okay so we hit the road for Grand Rapids at about 11:15 am. When we get to that arena - it hit us - this is the moment we all came together for - what brought us together! We park and walk over and get our spot on the fences. When those buses pull up we all get a little weak in the knees! The idols come off the bus slowly but surely. When Matt gets off we all start screaming. As he is walking away to go into Arean we yell "We love you Matt" and turns and waves our way! Michael Sarver comes to the fences first. Such a sweet guy. When Matt comes out we go crazy. When he gets there we are chanting "SIGN MATT GIRAUD SIGN MATT GIRAUD". He is pumping his fist in the air and looks toward us smiling! So Matt is to Southie now. 2kids3dogs was taking a pic with her camera and her hands were shaking like crazy. We were all so happy. She had some great things to give Matt. he loved them. he tweeted her about this the other day. I was watching him greet cecilie "so nice to finally meet you" sweetest words ever. Getting really nervous cauze gonna be out turn next. Matt moves down. He is in front of me and gives me a hug and says "what does your sign say " i tell him "I'm @lovethemtigers, its says sign matt giraud" Oh hey girl - lovethemtigers, yeah, I've checked you out, how ya doing?" OMG OMG OMG I'm sure i am beaming from ear to ear. Who knows what I said, i have no idea. So we take our pic with Matt - me and haleigh, then we get our individual shots. My daughter gets him to sign her fedora. He then takes her hand and says to her (looking into her eyes and smiling) "What's your name sweetie" she tells him Haleigh. OMG OMG. He tells her it's so nice to meet her and hopes she enjoys the show. He tells us he will look for us inside, I tell him again where our seats are. Then I tell him "We love you, Matt" and he touches and rubs my hand and says "i love you too" OMG OMG> Well, my daughter is smitten. Hook line and sinker. Jenna kept saying "wow, did you see how he flirted with your daughter?" It was just such an amazing experience. We left those fences so fired up and going on and on about what a successful weekend this had been. We go to eat at Friday's and keep recapping and Maci writing down all our events. We are happy and satisfied. Couldn't have gone any better!

Just before we enter arena - Jenna and Lisa are so fired up bec they are finished handing out all 300 cd's! So proud of them. Jenna is beaming and having the time of her life! So here we all separate and go to our seats.

Southie, Haleigh and I get to our seats - row 4 middle stage almost - 2kids3dogs is already in her seat. We look and there is lisa and cec just 2 rows behind us. We can't get over our seats. Amazing. So worth every penny I spent on these seats - cuz what happens the rest of the night may have never unfolded. I get chills thinking about being on the phone with Southie and her clicking on purchase when we bought our tickets!

Now i've already told the story about getting the passes. We spot Matt's dad and go take pics with him. Southie wasn't with us the first time so when I spot her i go get her and take her over to meet Matt's Dad. Again he is just blown away that we drove from GA and how dedicated we are to Matt. WE spoke with him for quite a while while he was taking pics with other fans. SOuthie also talked with Trey - matt's lil bro - they have conversed on twitter before. We then take a pic with Dad and he says "how many are in your group?" we tell him. He then says "I want you to come see me after the show." So I say "where will we find you?" he says "right here, my seats are right behind us"....so then i go talk with cecilie and tell her what matt's dad just said and we are very composed yet freaking out "omg, do you think that means he wants to give us passes?" "i guess this means we are staying for the entire show" HA. So southie and I have to pass by Dad one more time and he grabs my arm and says again "I want you to come see me after the show okay so be sure you do" well - what's a girl to do...but go see the man after the show right?!right! So of course we are silently freaking out the entire show. At intermission he smiles and waves to Cecilie and says "come see me after the show".....so .......the end of the show.....we go over to Matt's dad and Cecilie and my other recap pretty much already tells the rest of the story.

When we took our pic with Matt it was sweet how Matt's Dad introduced us to him - Matt greeted Cecilie, then he hugged Southie and as he was hugging her sang a few bars of "Georgia" in her ear ! OMG then he put his arm around me and pulled me close and said "hey lovethemtigers", after the pic, I thought "we owe all this to his dad" so I said "come on Dad let's get a picture with you too"..he loved that so he came jumped inbetw me and Matt. So much fun. Then haleigh asked Matt if she could have anoher pic with him, he said "Sure, did you enjoy the show tonight" So sweet. Sigh.

Another sweet moment was when Matt met Jenna - i will never forget it! He is so sweet! I think that's why we love him so much!

And I agree with Cec and Maci - he is this sweet adorable humble young man but when he gets on that stage he transforms into this smoking hot performer! Wow. just Wow.

Amazing, simply amazing. So blessed to have met all my new friends, so blessed to be a fan of such a fantastic young man, so excited about meeting more fans in the future.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Ok..here's some more pics from fences, monaco bay, hotel piano and meet'n'greet!

awe..outside monaco bay..sniff, sniff

http://twitpic.com/hcuwb

http://twitpic.com/hcv4m

Bar area at Monaco Bay..pic of Matt on the wall that kept makin me cry Sad

http://twitpic.com/hd06g

"The" piano and stage where Our Matty use to play!

http://twitpic.com/hcxe8

The piano where he sat..Rhonda playin there was great!

http://twitpic.com/hcx62

dsouthie the dancin girl!! Isn't this a awesome pic?!!

http://twitpic.com/hcvf2

Cecilie and Lovethemtigers...Good times!

http://twitpic.com/hcvkn

Me, Southie and Tigers..why am I not smilin?? lol

http://twitpic.com/hcvaf

Awe..bringin back memories..I wanna go back!

http://twitpic.com/hcx0r

This was on a sign when we were walkin back to hotel..How awesome is this?

http://twitpic.com/hcwa2

dsouthie sittin at the Lobby Piano that Matt use to play at..OMG..he's
come so far hasn't he??? so happy for him!

http://twitpic.com/hcwex

At the Fences!!

http://twitpic.com/hcvqh

Matt lookin HOT acourse...BUT check out the pin the girls gave him
"GANGSTA NERD"!! haha

http://twitpic.com/hcwr8

Meet n greet...Love this pic! Matt, me and his dad

http://twitpic.com/hcvzz

this is the sweetest pic..dad so proud of him!

http://twitpic.com/hcwn0

I got pics with Kris and Danny but I look like yuk so not posting them...Hope this gives you guys that weren't able to be there a feel for monaco bay...it truly was an emotional and special time! I love you Smile
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanks so much for the pictures, Lisa! I'm feeling emptional just looking at them. Everything's sweet and beautiful! Matt has come a long way.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:35 am

Oh wow...isn't it incredible how Matt is turning Monaco Bay into like a historic place! haha. I mean, they pretty much owe Matt Giraud for making it famous! People come to visit there because of him! That's pretty sweeeet. Reminds me of visiting Elvis' mansion and things like that...haha.

Anyway, loved all the pics! Especially that one with Matt's dad putting his hand on Matt's shoulder. Sad Wow, I think I just felt a tear...that is too beautiful. He must be proud to have raised such a wonderful son.
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:06 am

This thread is the one with golden borders!
Thank you thank you for your lovely stories and pics. It´s like a little or a big! miracle how he brought you together and how you shared the great experience, meet him and see him perform and all,all!
sunny
Back to top Go down
flicker

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 am

Thank you all so much for the recaps and pics. I'm so very happy for all of you, and really glad that Matt got to see how devoted his fans are! I hope he reallizes how much everyone loves him.

So proud of all of you, and Matt, too.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 7:55 pm

Thanks for posting all your great stories about Matt! It was an incredible concert. I got my picture with Matt, gave him new running shoes from some of the ladies and I @gtd4mg that Cecilie and I picked out, met so many wonderful ladies even though my time was very limited with y'all (family called) it still was a lot of fun. I was so happy for Cecilie (super model) to have had the incredible experiences - wish we could have gotten a run in together in our new shoes! Our seats were fabulous - thanks to dsouthie for puchasing them and lovethemtigers for talking her into it!

I was very sad to not go back stage as there were not enough passes. I told myself to be grateful for the pics outside (that is what I wanted - to actually have a minute or two with Matt and let him know how much we supported him) but I have to admit that I wish I could have been there backstage with y'all. My daughter and her friend slept all the way back to Ypsilanti and somehow, it took 3 hours home when it had taken 2 hours there.

I was so exhausted from the drive home and knowing that I had to get up in a few hours to do the marathon drive back to Florida, only wore me out more.
I thought I would check the computer before hitting the road and to my surprise, I had a message from sgr (thank you so much!), saying to check out this link! I opened it up and there we were on the front page of the online paper! Still not sure if it was in the actual paper or not but it was dang exciting to see our picture with Matt! I was back on cloud 9! I showed my parents the picture and we packed up the rest of our stuff and away we went.

We drove through severe weather in Tennesee, to the point of pulling off the road in the blinding rain, hoping not to hit anything as I couldn't see a foot in front of me. I prayed that we would be safe, hung out there for several minutes and started back down the road.

I was going to try to make it to Birmingham but the stress of driving in the severe weather had gotten to me. I found a Chik-fila, a Holiday Inn and were we set for the night. I was too tired to get on the computer, so I just checked Twitter on my iphone before I called it a night. The icing on the cake for me - Matt had tweeted me, without any prompting! LOL, all was right with the world and I was out like a light. The drive the next day was a breeze - only 7 hours!

I still hope to get an interview with him - maybe for the January concert - there is so much I want to let him know that went on behind the scenes - the weekly Red Bar parties, where the mgr gave us free food and let us watch AI on the big- screen, the local access TV station giving me a microphone and letting us broadcast there for about 30 minutes telling Matt why he needs to come visit Grayton Beach, the You Found Me and So Small sales blitz and the digital billboard on US23 near Whitmore Lake, MI that I talked the sales rep into giving for free as a public service that said Matt Giraud is our Ypsilanti Idol, after the guy in Detroit said it would be $1500. I did give him a pic of the sign in Grayton (the size of a small billboard!) my husband had made that people were stopping to pose with as a souvenir of the area! He told me someone had mailed him their pic with it! I almost forgot that I had flown out to Hollywood to see Country week and held up the first Giraud Squad sign and that his dad saw it and came over introduced himself!

It was incredible to me that a guy with so much talent came from the same town I grew up in - I had to make sure that I was doing everything I could to help promote him. Ann Arbor claimed Bob Seger, Ashford and Simpson were the only other musicians from Ypsilanti to make it big, many others came from surrounding Detroit communites but the fact was that I had been writing about American Idol for the past 3 years and now there was an Idol in my own backyard!

I know y'all have your own stories, equally as invested. We come from all over the world, from all walks of life, to share in our support and adoration for an extremely gifted musician. We are very vocal Cool, passionate and unwavering in our support! I believe that Matt has proved himself on tour, gained more fans in numbers that clearly show his popularity is on the rise and we are all along for the ride! I know it is only biding time until we will all be jumping up and down with news of his record deal.

For the people who can't make the concert in January, I have confidence that there will be other venues, so don't despair! But for those of you who are going, let the good times roll! Basketball

Thanks Jenna for everything you do - it is amzing to me the hours and hours you have devoted to making sure we have a place to be able to laugh, cry and sing about Matt Giraud! It was a pleasure to meet you in person!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 8:35 pm

2kids3dogs - i hope you get that interview with Matt - i really do. That would be awesome and that would be better than any backstage pass. I wish there would have been enough too! I felt really bad.

And i hope when you get that interview you can convince him to do a concert in Destin Florida - omg what a time that would be!

thanks for sharing your story!
Back to top Go down
Giraudian#202

Giraudian#202

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 10:18 pm

Thanks for the stories and all your pics ladies!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/june_bunny91
graciecat

graciecat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 11:44 pm

So glad you had a great trip to see Matt, 2kids. How exciting for you to be able to say that you and Matt are from the same hometown! ( I have to confess that I had never heard of Ypsilanti before Matt-- I stink at Geography! LOL)

Wishing you good luck with your getting an interview with Matt!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:16 am

Aww 2dogs3kids what a beautiful recap! I am so sorry you didn't get into the after party! Thank you so much for the kind words and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you. A bunch of us are already making plans for the January show. You definitely have to meet up with us. I am so excited you are going!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 pm

AWW 2kids - Why am such an emtional ass - sorry! I don't know why but your recap just made my eyes water!!
Geez - can't even read what I am typing LOL

I loved our shopping for Matt - you picked a nice pair! And whenever I take my shoes out for a run - it feels very special :-)
It was sooo good meeting you - hopefully it will not be the last time!!

BIG HUG!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:39 pm

Such an emotional day i swear! I keep tearing up and recapping everything! Oh what I woudln't give to relive our Grand Rapids Weekend!

I just can't get over how all our lives have changed since the day Matt stepped foot in front of those judges to audition for American Idol! To watch his journey has been amazing - to see it live unbelievable and to meet other Matt fans that have become friends - a true blessing from God!

Wow I am a basket case today!
Back to top Go down
Lisa_M

Lisa_M

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:21 pm

Jenna wrote:
Aww 2dogs3kids what a beautiful recap! I am so sorry you didn't get into the after party! Thank you so much for the kind words and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you. A bunch of us are already making plans for the January show. You definitely have to meet up with us. I am so excited you are going!

2dogs3kids...I just want to say a big DITTO to everything Jenna said...I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to sharing the "January Matt Experience" with you too!! cheers I just thought I'd also tell you sorry if you see how I kept writing "2dogs&akid" on twitter and sometimes on here...hahaha...I guess I was leaving a couple kids out! Razz Take Care! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:01 pm

Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

2dogs3kids...I just want to say a big DITTO to everything Jenna said...I enjoyed meeting you and look forward to sharing the "January Matt Experience" with you too!! cheers I just thought I'd also tell you sorry if you see how I kept writing "2dogs&akid" on twitter and sometimes on here...hahaha...I guess I was leaving a couple kids out! Razz Take Care! Very Happy

lol - it is 2kids3dogs! lol!
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 6:15 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
Lisa_M wrote:
Jenna wrote:

lol - it is 2kids3dogs! lol!

HAHAHA i just noticed that too. I was like - they BOTH spelled it wrong! Oh well, maybe you need to get to get rid of a dog and have another kid!! Wink jk
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Rapids, MI Show!   Grand Rapids, MI Show! - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Rapids, MI Show!
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6