Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

itunes sales are in for the season

Go down 
+17
BellaRoseKent
lymon15
crys7
jamerce
OvenMitt
slick7
lovethemtigers
cecilie
Tie
Cacity87
pebbles87
mattyg93
Lengski
sgr91
mch
meagsmatt
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

itunes sales are in for the season Empty
PostSubject: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:11 pm

Idol Chatter, USA Today Brian Mansfield

Quote :

[size=12]How all the Idols fared at iTunes last week

As we saw last week, download totals for this season's American Idol finalists have started registering with Nielsen SoundScan. But not all their recordings made the Top 200 (It has, after all, been more than two months since Jasmine Murray got voted off.) So the good folks at Nielsen SoundScan agreed to assemble cumulative totals for all of this season's finalists and let me pass them along to you.
Kris Allen, naturally, had the most with 488,000, led by No Boundaries' 134,000. Runner-up Adam Lambert was second with 371,000, which included the 10,000 that came from Is Anybody Listening? from that Ten Commandments musical.
Here are the rest:
3. Danny Gokey (12 songs, 57,000 downloads)
4. Allison Iraheta (9 songs, 35,000 downloads)
5. Matt Giraud (20 songs, 12,000 downloads. Has anybody heard his two pre-Idol albums, PerspectiveMind, Body, and Soul? They accounted for some of these sales.)
6. Anoop Desai (9 songs, 5,000 downloads)
7. Megan Joy (6 songs, 4,000 downloads)
8. Alexis Grace (3 songs, 2,000 downloads)
9. Scott MacIntyre (6 songs, 1,000 downloads)
10. Lil Rounds (8 songs, 1,000 downloads)
11-13. Michael Sarver, Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez all had less than a thousand cumulative downloads, with Jorge having the lowest total.
and
Add in the 22,000 for Adam and Allison's Slow Ride duet and the 11,000 for Kris and Danny's Renegade, and this season's Idols had 1.09 million downloads last week. Not too shabby.

Not sure how I feel about this yet. How about you guys?

Last edited by Jenna on Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Jenna wrote:

Quote :

How all the Idols fared at iTunes last week

As we saw last week, download totals for this season's American Idol finalists have started registering with Nielsen SoundScan. But not all their recordings made the Top 200 (It has, after all, been more than two months since Jasmine Murray got voted off.) So the good folks at Nielsen SoundScan agreed to assemble cumulative totals for all of this season's finalists and let me pass them along to you.
Kris Allen, naturally, had the most with 488,000, led by No Boundaries' 134,000. Runner-up Adam Lambert was second with 371,000, which included the 10,000 that came from Is Anybody Listening? from that Ten Commandments musical.
Here are the rest:
5. Matt Giraud (20 songs, 12,000 downloads. Has anybody heard his two pre-Idol albums, PerspectiveMind, Body, and Soul? They accounted for some of these sales.)
11-13. Michael Sarver, Jasmine Murray and Jorge Nunez all had less than a thousand cumulative downloads, with Jorge having the lowest total.
and
Add in the 22,000 for Adam and Allison's Slow Ride duet and the 11,000 for Kris and Danny's Renegade, and this season's Idols had 1.09 million downloads last week. Not too shabby.

Honestly, I think this is really, really great!! Question, were finale performances available for download (Danny, Allison, Kris, Adam, Lil, etc?) Anyways, considering Matt came in 5th and how much more pimpage some of the others got, it's really good! And I know he has his other albums, but 20 songs!! That's awesome! It shows that people are interested in a variety of Matt's music. I don't know, I just feel like post Idol with everyone talking record labels, etc. all there is talk about is the top 4. And from the looks of this list, Matt is NOT ridiculously far behind! Good for him and good job on our part contributing to those numbers : ) While sure, it could be better, I think we should definitely be happy! Yayyy!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:35 pm

meagsmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Quote :

How all the Idols fared at iTunes last week

Here are the rest:
and

Honestly, I think this is really, really great!! Question, were finale performances available for download (Danny, Allison, Kris, Adam, Lil, etc?) Anyways, considering Matt came in 5th and how much more pimpage some of the others got, it's really good! And I know he has his other albums, but 20 songs!! That's awesome! It shows that people are interested in a variety of Matt's music. I don't know, I just feel like post Idol with everyone talking record labels, etc. all there is talk about is the top 4. And from the looks of this list, Matt is NOT ridiculously far behind! Good for him and good job on our part contributing to those numbers : ) While sure, it could be better, I think we should definitely be happy! Yayyy!

I guess I'm not feeling that optimistic about this. He has 20 songs on this list and only sold 12,000. If you think about it statistically Megan pretty much sold almost as many as him because she only has 6 songs listed compared to Matt's 20. And Allison sold 35,000? She only lasted one week more than Matt. I just don't get what America is thinking? How can they not see the amazing talent of this man. What in the hell went wrong this season? I am feeling really upset right now and extremely worried. Where is his fanbase?
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm

I feel good about it. The fact that people are looking into all of his songs (he had the most with 20) and his older stuff I think is a good sign. I didn't expect him to come anywhere near the top 4 numbers, because of the insane hype surrounding them and all the stuff they did in the finale. But the fact that he was so much higher then everyone else below him I think is pretty good. Not to bad for someone that was shown in the finale for like two seconds.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:43 pm

I tend to agree with your concern. There is a big drop off in song sales from Allison to Matt. I don't get it either. However, for the most part, the sales track their exit on the show and at least in part, account for the number of songs peformed. What I'm curious about with Allison is how many of those are her duet with Adam - not sure how they counted that. I recall seeing that song as one of the top 200 and it may account for the large disparity between her and Matt (which I think you can attribute to Adam in a big way)

Never mind, I think I answered my own question - looks like they counted the duets separately.
Back to top Go down
Lengski

Lengski

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 8:55 pm

I don't exactly know whether to feel optimistic about all of this. I don't understand the part where he said "cumulative" but the title says that it was this week's sale. At first I freaked out because I couldn't see his name (oh gee, I'm really blind now, aren't I?), but when I saw his name on the fifth place, and saw the names of the other contestants above him in the order that they left, I thought it was quite logical. I was hoping for quite a few more sales from him though (ooh... if only I could buy).

Yeah, I feel like the hype had much to do with it and stuff. And there's also people thinking that the recorded versions are pretty much the same as their live ones. I find that in some of Matt's performances, he definitely had some wobbly notes (because of the nerves and the pressure) like in FV and YFM, but YFM is actually an amazing recording! So... I don't know. Maybe people who doesn't have Matt as a favourite won't be inclined to buy because they think it would be the same as his performances.

I don't think 12,000 will attract any recording label, to be honest. I'm just hoping that in the long run, someone out there will see his potential and sign him.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:04 pm

Lengski wrote:
I don't exactly know whether to feel optimistic about all of this. I don't understand the part where he said "cumulative" but the title says that it was this week's sale. At first I freaked out because I couldn't see his name (oh gee, I'm really blind now, aren't I?), but when I saw his name on the fifth place, and saw the names of the other contestants above him in the order that they left, I thought it was quite logical. I was hoping for quite a few more sales from him though (ooh... if only I could buy).

Yeah, I feel like the hype had much to do with it and stuff. And there's also people thinking that the recorded versions are pretty much the same as their live ones. I find that in some of Matt's performances, he definitely had some wobbly notes (because of the nerves and the pressure) like in FV and YFM, but YFM is actually an amazing recording! So... I don't know. Maybe people who doesn't have Matt as a favourite won't be inclined to buy because they think it would be the same as his performances.

I don't think 12,000 will attract any recording label, to be honest. I'm just hoping that in the long run, someone out there will see his potential and sign him.

Quote :

That is what I'm worried about. I'm sure that majority of the song downloads were from his Idol performances but because the person reporting this added his tracks from his pre-idol CD's it makes it seem pretty bad. With 20 songs he should have sold much higher. What makes me upset is the reporter was sure to add how many songs Adam sold from his preidol stuff yet he just said some for Matt. That could be a couple of hundred to a couple of thousand. I wouldn't be so worried if he only had his 9 idol songs listed because he sold a heck of a lot more than Anoop and every other idol listed except for the top 4 but he is so far away in sales from the top 4. Again I just don't get what America is thinking?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Come someone tell me I am making a mountain out of a molehill and that this doesn't mean anything. Where is everyone tonight? I feel like I am panicking alone!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:46 pm

Jenna wrote:
Someone please tell me I am making a mountain out of a molehill and that this doesn't mean anything. Where is everyone tonight? I feel like I am panicking alone!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Where is ovenmitt she always tells it like it is? And pebbles come on guys you are our great debators!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:50 pm

mch wrote:
I feel good about it. The fact that people are looking into all of his songs (he had the most with 20) and his older stuff I think is a good sign. I didn't expect him to come anywhere near the top 4 numbers, because of the insane hype surrounding them and all the stuff they did in the finale. But the fact that he was so much higher then everyone else below him I think is pretty good. Not to bad for someone that was shown in the finale for like two seconds.

I really agree with everything you said. Sure, compared to the top 4, not so fantastic. But he did do better than 8 other contestants. And I think the hype has a lot to do with it. I think I may have mentioned this in another thread before, but I myself know lots of people who only tune into AI the last 2 or 3 weeks and pick a favorite then. So considering the mega hype around the last few weeks of the competition, the overpimpage of adam and danny (and of course kris being the winner), and well allison, maybe people got really interested in the rest of her music after her duet with adam? I could have sworn that someone posted another report a while back and Allison hadn't sold NEARLY that much. Oh yeah, and how could I forgot that Matt got the complete shaft in the finale and really didn't get the opportunity to catch any new fans who only get on the AI bus at the very end. He did do a lot better than Anoop, which I honestly wasn't really expecting. Anoop seems to have a large fanbase as well. So all in all, I don't think it's so bad, I mean isn't Kristy Lee Cook supposedly doing well now, and I wonder how many downloads she had Rolling Eyes And Matt has the entire tour to gain new fans. Even from reading in the GD boards and on other sites, people say "I wasn't a fan of him on the show, but now I'm really warming up to him!" As long as his nerves don't get the best of him on tour and he sings like he's done on Ellen and all of his post Idol stuff, I see Matt getting a ton of new fans from the tour. And I really think he'll be okay. I mean, like so many of you have mentioned, I do not think he is under the impression that tadaaa he's going to get a record label right away and become a superstar overnight. He's willing to do his work and pay his dues and hopefully through his dedication and heart, I'm sure he'll be able to make the album that HE wants, and one that we'll all really enjoy. So yea, I rambled for a bit haha sorry! but I think considering the big shaft Matt got as the season dwindled on and how other contestants got overly hyped, he did really well for himself. Phew, ok done!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Quote :
And Matt has the entire tour to gain new fans. Even from reading in the GD boards and on other sites, people say "I wasn't a fan of him on the show, but now I'm really warming up to him!" As long as his nerves don't get the best of him on tour and he sings like he's done on Ellen and all of his post Idol stuff, I see Matt getting a ton of new fans from the tour. And I really think he'll be okay. I mean, like so many of you have mentioned, I do not think he is under the impression that tadaaa he's going to get a record label right away and become a superstar overnight. He's willing to do his work and pay his dues and hopefully through his dedication and heart, I'm sure he'll be able to make the album that HE wants, and one that we'll all really enjoy. So yea, I rambled for a bit haha sorry! but I think considering the big shaft Matt got as the season dwindled on and how other contestants got overly hyped, he did really well for himself.

All of this is what I'm trying to hold onto because I just know once people get to see how really amazing he is he will come away from the tour with so many people interested in him. Maybe they won't come on the internet searching for info on him but they will buy his music once it comes out. I also don't think he will become a superstar over night but I am hoping for Elliot Yamin like success for him. The man is just so special and I really haven't seen an up and coming artist like him in so long. He just has so much passion and heart and soul.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 9:58 pm

Jenna wrote:
Come someone tell me I am making a mountain out of a molehill and that this doesn't mean anything. Where is everyone tonight? I feel like I am panicking alone!

It's okay Jenna! You're panicking because you care and are a veryy loyal fan! And I've panicked a whole LOT too, I'm just trying my best to see the positive this time.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:03 pm

meagsmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

It's okay Jenna! You're panicking because you care and are a veryy loyal fan! And I've panicked a whole LOT too, I'm just trying my best to see the positive this time.

Thank you. I am so trying to see the positive too but I am finding it hard to do tonight. I have complete confidence in him but it's the record execs and AI execs that I don't trust...and if I'm honest it's the AI fans too! They are so fickle in who they support (not any of us). They support them all season long and then bam once they leave they are like Matt who? I know he will put out an amazing CD but I want the rest of the world to know it too! Geesh all this emotion for someone I don't even know! I must be crazy...LOL!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Jenna wrote:
Quote :
And Matt has the entire tour to gain new fans. Even from reading in the GD boards and on other sites, people say "I wasn't a fan of him on the show, but now I'm really warming up to him!" As long as his nerves don't get the best of him on tour and he sings like he's done on Ellen and all of his post Idol stuff, I see Matt getting a ton of new fans from the tour. And I really think he'll be okay. I mean, like so many of you have mentioned, I do not think he is under the impression that tadaaa he's going to get a record label right away and become a superstar overnight. He's willing to do his work and pay his dues and hopefully through his dedication and heart, I'm sure he'll be able to make the album that HE wants, and one that we'll all really enjoy. So yea, I rambled for a bit haha sorry! but I think considering the big shaft Matt got as the season dwindled on and how other contestants got overly hyped, he did really well for himself.

All of this is what I'm trying to hold onto because I just know once people get to see how really amazing he is he will come away from the tour with so many people interested in him. Maybe they won't come on the internet searching for info on him but they will buy his music once it comes out. I also don't think he will become a superstar over night but I am hoping for Elliot Yamin like success for him. The man is just so special and I really haven't seen an up and coming artist like him in so long. He just has so much passion and heart and soul.

I really think you're right! I mean, I'm not even saying this because I'm a biased Matt fan, but the majority of comments I've read and threads, etc (and I've seen a lot), I really think that out of all of them Matt has gained the most fans POST AI. I mean looking back, I can understand that people just saw him as "serious" and had some bumpy notes. Sure, because they weren't diehard fans who learned everything about him and took the time to really appreciate his sound (coughcough, us!). I think he has done a phenomenal job showcasing his talents and personality since being eliminated (this makes me REALLLLLLy wish we got a finale performance) because he hasn't been under the microscope of the silly judges or being compared to contestants who aren't even like him. I think that all of the Idols are going to gain new fans with the tour, but I think Matt will stand out exceptionally. I just have this feeling ever since the rave reviews he's gotten post AI.

Oh, another thing I wanted to mention, kind of off topic, but I notcied on Matt's AI boards there are some new people posting. I'm not sure if any of them know about this forum (I received a PM about it), but I know you can't post a thread talking about this forum right? Maybe we can somehow spread the word through PM to some new posters there, too!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:10 pm

Jenna wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Thank you. I am so trying to see the positive too but I am finding it hard to do tonight. I have complete confidence in him but it's the record execs and AI execs that I don't trust...and if I'm honest it's the AI fans too! They are so fickle in who they support (not any of us). They support them all season long and then bam once they leave they are like Matt who? I know he will put out an amazing CD but I want the rest of the world to know it too! Geesh all this emotion for someone I don't even know! I must be crazy...LOL!
Quote :

Oh, another thing I wanted to mention, kind of off topic, but I notcied on Matt's AI boards there are some new people posting. I'm not sure if any of them know about this forum (I received a PM about it), but I know you can't post a thread talking about this forum right? Maybe we can somehow spread the word through PM to some new posters there, too!

I thought about that and it's what I tried to do when I first put the site up. LOL I must have PM'd a 100 people and I know some others did as well. LOL I just don't want to seem too pushy you know?

I also agree with the rest of your post. My heart skipped a few hundred beats when I read all of the love and appreciation Matt received after Ellen. I am positive he will be amazing on tour. I can't wait! I hope he shows them how endearing and funny he is too! Give us some banter Matt!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Oh and it wouldn't hurt if he showed those sexy yet adorable dimples as well!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:22 pm

Jenna wrote:
Jenna wrote:
meagsmatt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Quote :

I thought about that and it's what I tried to do when I first put the site up. LOL I must have PM'd a 100 people and I know some others did as well. LOL I just don't want to seem too pushy you know?

I also agree with the rest of your post. My heart skipped a few hundred beats when I read all of the love and appreciation Matt received after Ellen. I am positive he will be amazing on tour. I can't wait! I hope he shows them how endearing and funny he is too! Give us some banter Matt!

Ohh gotcha! Yeah, I totally understand not wanting to be too pushy. Another thing that I'm really, really surprised about is the number of downloads Kris has!! Like, if he hadn't won,maybe even came in 3rd, would he have been that popular? I guess I just don't understand what makes him more appealing than Matt. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that maybe more younger fans (little girls) jumped on the Kris bandwagon. I know I have a little 11 year old who adored him because he was soo hot. The thing is, vocally, I think Matt is superior to Kris, and even though Kris won..wow that's a lot of downloads! Maybe people just like to buy the winner's song just because. What I would like to know is how many of his downloads were of Heartless.

Another good point you bring up, the dwindling of the fans post AI (not just Matt). Even on Itunes, neither Kris or the beloveddd, rock god, perfect idol Adam don't have much staying power if you look at the top 100 compared to last week. I think right now, since it's still soo soon after AI, it's more easy for us to get frustrated because in a way Matt is STILL being compared to the top 4. And, sure, on tour, there'll be some of that too. I just really wish we could skip ahead a bit to see who really lasts! I definitely think out of them all that Matt, and Adam, and even Scott probably have the best business sense because they've already been there and know what to expcet (well Scott seems to think he already has huge plans but I digress..). That being said, I truly think he will make very wise business decisions and not just jump into anything for the sake of doing so and risk not doing so well with a first album. I think HE has the lasting power for sure. He just really needs to not be associated with AI mode anymore, none of them do anymore.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Jenna wrote:
Oh and it wouldn't hurt if he showed those sexy yet adorable dimples as well!

THIS made me just imagine the most wonderful album cover ever!! I love you
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 pm

oh and a very important PS: I am listening to You Found Me and what the hell were the judges thinking that night?! This is SO amazing! I like it better than the original and I'm a hugeee Fray fan. What does Randy know anyway...
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:34 pm

I would be really curious to see the sales week by week. I would guess that early on, he outsold the top 4 but people forget about you when you're voted off. I am still hopeful that enough of the
"right" people appreciate his talent (whether it be Kara, Randy, Colbie, Joel Madden, etc.) to make things happen for him. I agree on Elliott Yamin being the model for him. He's been compared to him since the audition and I think the comparison is appropriate.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 pm

Quote :
Ohh gotcha! Yeah, I totally understand not wanting to be too pushy. Another thing that I'm really, really surprised about is the number of downloads Kris has!! Like, if he hadn't won,maybe even came in 3rd, would he have been that popular? I guess I just don't understand what makes him more appealing than Matt. The only logical explanation I can come up with is that maybe more younger fans (little girls) jumped on the Kris bandwagon. I know I have a little 11 year old who adored him because he was soo hot. The thing is, vocally, I think Matt is superior to Kris, and even though Kris won..wow that's a lot of downloads! Maybe people just like to buy the winner's song just because. What I would like to know is how many of his downloads were of Heartless.

I don't get the Kris hype at all. I can tell you this though if he wouldn't have won I don't believe for minute that he would have been signed. The guy has no range to his voice and all his performances for me were like watching paint dry. He has absolutely no charisma. This is what I think happened. I think yes the little girls fell in love with him because he is the boy next store, is cute, and has absolutely no raw sexual appeal...meaning he is very safe and non threatening. I think he beat Adam because Adam is way too polarizing and while many people love him for this there are also many people who find him offensive. There is no way Danny's votes went to Adam. I also think Kris benefitted from Matt's, Anoops, Lil's, and Scott's votes. Kris had the ability to pick up voters along the way whereas Adam didn't except for maybe Allison fans. But now I am digressing.

I think unfortunately Matt had a lot of mishaps along the way and he never seemed to gain the judges total support. I was wondering today on the way home from work what would have happened if Matt would have stuck with So Small and Human Nature type performances? I think the beginning of the end was when Matt landed in the bottom unfairly. Immediately Simon gave up on him and Matt lost a great deal of confidence which unfortunately he couldn't hide being the heart on his sleeves type of guy he is. Kris definitely gained momentum with Matt's downfall. And then right after he was in the bottom 2 he came back singing You Found Me and was creamed by the judges. At this point I think the viewers lost interest and that's when all the nonsense began that he couldn't sing. So once again Kris is the one to benefit from Matt's fall. Matt just was never able to get his confidence and magic back (for some but for me he was always magical). That is until the Ellen performance.

Quote :
Another good point you bring up, the dwindling of the fans post AI (not just Matt). Even on Itunes, neither Kris or the beloveddd, rock god, perfect idol Adam don't have much staying power if you look at the top 100 compared to last week. I think right now, since it's still soo soon after AI, it's more easy for us to get frustrated because in a way Matt is STILL being compared to the top 4. And, sure, on tour, there'll be some of that too. I just really wish we could skip ahead a bit to see who really lasts! I definitely think out of them all that Matt, and Adam, and even Scott probably have the best business sense because they've already been there and know what to expcet (well Scott seems to think he already has huge plans but I digress..). That being said, I truly think he will make very wise business decisions and not just jump into anything for the sake of doing so and risk not doing so well with a first album. I think HE has the lasting power for sure. He just really needs to not be associated with AI mode anymore, none of them do anymore.

I totally agree! What else can I add you said it brilliantly! I am adding you to my list of great debators!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:44 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I would be really curious to see the sales week by week. I would guess that early on, he outsold the top 4 but people forget about you when you're voted off. I am still hopeful that enough of the
"right" people appreciate his talent (whether it be Kara, Randy, Colbie, Joel Madden, etc.) to make things happen for him. I agree on Elliott Yamin being the model for him. He's been compared to him since the audition and I think the comparison is appropriate.

This is my hope as well. I was just thinking that Matt is the type of artist/musician that other artists/musicians can appreciate because he is so obviously talented and serious about music. I just don't know if stupid record executives will appreciate what he has to offer. What I am hoping for is for some major artist to take him under his/her wing and helps him out!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:50 pm

I really don't know how the music industry works. For example, is a duet with Colbie something that would get him noticed (I've seen him mention her a couple of times)? Does Joel Madden have influence (he has said Matt was his favorite, at least at one point)? Does someone like Samantha Ronson help by spinning his stuff? It seems like the AI producer (?Ken Warwick) was pretty high on Matt early on (although the finale had me worried). Lastly, do these record companies look at the tour to see who does well on a live stage? I'm guessing/hoping that Matt will do well there - but will anyone care?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 10:56 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I really don't know how the music industry works. For example, is a duet with Colbie something that would get him noticed (I've seen him mention her a couple of times)? Does Joel Madden have influence (he has said Matt was his favorite, at least at one point)? Does someone like Samantha Ronson help by spinning his stuff? It seems like the AI producer (?Ken Warwick) was pretty high on Matt early on (although the finale had me worried). Lastly, do these record companies look at the tour to see who does well on a live stage? I'm guessing/hoping that Matt will do well there - but will anyone care?

Not sure about all these questions but Matt could gain so many fans if he was able to open up for an established artist or even duet with someone. Look how well Jordan did after singing a song with Chris Brown. You know I have no idea if record execs scout the AI tour but I know after the tour when Constantine was having a show there were rumors all the time that record execs were there. Of course the more radio spins he gets the better because more people will hear him. As far as Ken Warrick goes I say a BIG FU for what he did to Matt during the finale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

itunes sales are in for the season
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next