Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

itunes sales are in for the season

Go down 
+17
BellaRoseKent
lymon15
crys7
jamerce
OvenMitt
slick7
lovethemtigers
cecilie
Tie
Cacity87
pebbles87
mattyg93
Lengski
sgr91
mch
meagsmatt
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
crys7

crys7

itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:23 am

Jenna wrote:
Quote :
Sorry...off topic: I'm not so sure how adam will do in the real world either. The bolded part just reminded me of the day when I was driving to work listening to the radio one morning. I think it was the Wednesday of the finale & Ryan Seacrest was playing snippetts of the performances from the night before. I just have to say that when he played Adam's segment, I swear I almost wrecked my car. No exaggeration. I was swerving while trying to change the station. It was awful. Painful,even. I guess this just shows that his screaming does not translate well onto radio... and that it's also not very good for public health & safety. =/

LOL that was so funny. I laughed so hard I'm surprised that I didn't wake my son up. I realize that Adam obviously has talent but his voice and my eardrums do not like each other! I really do not like the tone of his voice and I hate the screeching. My son asked me one day why so many people like Adam. I explained to him that some people think that he is an exciting performer. Immediately he said "but mom they won't be able to see him on a CD. They will only be able to hear him and who wants to listen to all that screaming". I just can't imagine wanting to listen to a 45 minute CD of that. It will be interesting to see how much they water Adam down and if they don't how well radio will receive him.

LMAO! Mine either!

I'm interested too. I'm also interested to see what his fans will do if he is watered down. They'll probably be pissed cause it wouldn't be the same thing they saw/heard from him on the show. Your son's an intelligent young man. It makes me proud that he can see what so many of Adam's fans can't; the fact that they can't see him on a cd.
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:20 am

I have a question for all you Itunes experts. I was looking at the popularity bars next to the songs for all of the contestants. I wanted to see which one of Matt's was most popular and it seems that it's LGIO - which is utterly ironic since he landed in the bottom 2 after that and I think it was the beginning of the end for him (but I digress). But then I looked at some other idols, for example Allison Iraheta, and I realized that not one of her songs, except for her duet with Adam, was anywhere near as "popular" as Matt's top 2 or 3. What I'm curious about is doe the popularity ranking reflect total downloads or are they relative representations of the popularity of the song for that artist. Meaning, is it that Matt sold overall more singles of LGIO or is it that for Allison, people bought each of her songs at a similar rate thus not one if more "popular" in her list.
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:34 am

sgr91 wrote:
I think this is the interview you're referring to.
http://www.wxmi.com/news/fox17-american-idol-rat-pack-week-story,0,1751502.story
Look on the side, there is another clip as well.
Enjoy

Yes. That's it! Sorry I didn't post the link. This is my first time back since I posted that so I didn't see the request for it. So thanks for finding it. Isn't it great!!!??? Can't get enough of Matt!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 10:44 am

crys7 wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
Just moved into a new state, so sorry for being MIA for awhile!

I just read this thread...and at first I was bummed about the low sales for Matt. But then again, everyone's numbers were low this year...and also, Matt as a whole didn't choose songs that would normally be top downloads. I mean, Kris chose "Heartless, Falling Slowly, Apologize" etc. Those songs are probably searched for DAILY on iTunes. He was sure to garner sales from non-Idol viewers. Same with Adam's song choices.

Matt probably did well on his "So Small" and "You Found Me" sales, because the songs are newer hits. But the others, not so much.

However, like pebbles said...the fact that Matt sold more songs than any of the others listed means a lot. He has that dedicated fanbase that is buying all of his music, plus a good bit of versatility in what others buy from him. I am proud of his accomplishments. Smile

You were reading my mind. I've been thinking about that for the longest. It's true. That's why LGIO is his top seller on Itunes cause I don't care who you are, you know that song. A few of the others, not so much. Honestly, I'd never even heard HYERLAW 'til I heard Matt sing it on the show.

(Sorry these posts are so far behind. I just got on here for the day, and am responding as I read. I'll get caught up in a few mins.)

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman was popular. And actually Chris Daughtry sang it on Idol too when he was on it. anyways, it's one of my favorite songs. Let's Get It on is very well known. Both are very sexy songs. Sexy songs for a sexy Man!!! And is it Ironic that that is his most popular song, yet it was the night he ended up in the bottom 2. I don't get it. I remember being so angry that night when Matt got sent to the bottom 3. Then when Scott got sent to safety I was like "no way". I was freaking out! Anyways, I digress too. It's always puzzled me how Matt got in the bottom 2 that night. It was a night he never recovered from. Up to that point he had been doing the more Jazzy stuff, but then due to the confusion of being in the bottom 2 he thought to do something more current that he thought woud be more appealing to the public, so he chose "You Found Me" which the judges totally tore apart. Why couldn't they have said "it was a wrong song choice, but I give you props for your vocals and your piano skills" are something like that. I have got to stop rehashing what went wrong. All that matters now is Matt's success for the future. If Matt workds hard and he keeps pushing for his music he will be successful. I think Adam's popularity will die down. I think Kris' popularity will die down too. He's just too bland, too boring. Too newly married. How great would it be that a year from now Matt is the most successful coming out of season 8. Then all of us could say "We told you so".
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:15 am

I think the maybe LGIO is popular also because he performed it on Ellen besides the show.
And it was a brilliant performance, so it may have urged some people to buy the song.
I actually think his best recordings are "Human Nature', "So Small" and "You Found Me".

I really hope Matt gets to put out a CD out there. Someone has to give him a chance.
I notice Matt is friends with Chris Rich from season 6, he commented on his twitter last night.I just hope Matt doesn't end up like him. That guy was mediocre at best and that's why he's nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Now.. Matt there is someone talented. I just pray Matt pulls a Jason Castro now that we know 19 is not interested in him.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am

sgr91 wrote:
I have a question for all you Itunes experts. I was looking at the popularity bars next to the songs for all of the contestants. I wanted to see which one of Matt's was most popular and it seems that it's LGIO - which is utterly ironic since he landed in the bottom 2 after that and I think it was the beginning of the end for him (but I digress). But then I looked at some other idols, for example Allison Iraheta, and I realized that not one of her songs, except for her duet with Adam, was anywhere near as "popular" as Matt's top 2 or 3. What I'm curious about is doe the popularity ranking reflect total downloads or are they relative representations of the popularity of the song for that artist. Meaning, is it that Matt sold overall more singles of LGIO or is it that for Allison, people bought each of her songs at a similar rate thus not one if more "popular" in her list.

I actually asked this question too! I forget who answered it for me in one of the other threads, but I believe the popularity bars mean what has been most download in the past week, not overall. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm gonna go find that thread I posted in!

EDIT: It was Jenna who helped me out with that question : ) She said: Those popularity bars only show the most recent purchases.

What's odd to me though is that LGIO is still the most recent purchase after lots of people bought So Small. Maybe it's not as updated as we think.
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 11:59 am

mattyg93 wrote:
I think the maybe LGIO is popular also because he performed it on Ellen besides the show.
And it was a brilliant performance, so it may have urged some people to buy the song.
I actually think his best recordings are "Human Nature', "So Small" and "You Found Me".

I really hope Matt gets to put out a CD out there. Someone has to give him a chance.
I notice Matt is friends with Chris Rich from season 6, he commented on his twitter last night.I just hope Matt doesn't end up like him. That guy was mediocre at best and that's why he's nowhere to be seen at the moment.

Now.. Matt there is someone talented. I just pray Matt pulls a Jason Castro now that we know 19 is not interested in him.

You are right, I hadn't thought of that. His performance of it on Ellen was/is a real hit!
How do we know that 19 is not interested. Is there an article or quote...just curious cuz I thought we were just speculating, but is there something I missed?
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm

tigersrno1 wrote:

Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman was popular. And actually Chris Daughtry sang it on Idol too when he was on it. anyways, it's one of my favorite songs. Let's Get It on is very well known. .

I think you're right... I mean "Stayin Alive" is the Disco hit... if you looked up Disco in the dictionary, the BeeGees picture would be there and SA is their most popular song. IMO, Matt chose songs that were TOO popular. He chose songs that were very well known and also a few of them (LGIO, HYERLAW, MFV, PTL) that have been done alot on the show. This in my opinion made it hard to top and/or hard to change up the arrangement without people thinking of the original or the cover done on the show before (like HYERLAW, I think people were comparing him to Chris D.'s version and MFV they were comparing to Mindy Doo's) I don't know very many people who haven't heard of the songs he sang. I actually always thought he wasn't be original enough! ( I'm mostly just talking about song choice and not arrangement.but I do LOVE me some Matty G. don't get me wrong) I think people bought some songs over the others because they liked the live version. I think people outside of their favorite contestants only check out the studios if they liked the live versions. I know I did that because I never looked into Danny's or Adam's (can't stand them frankly) and only checked out a few of Kris and Allisons. I bet you'll find that the most popular of his songs were LGIO, Human Nature, and So Small.(EDIT: I checked it out... they are along with You Found Me) But we'll never know the actual popularity of the season as a whole.

Another thing I thought about that's really going to help Matt is now that the season is over, there are no contestant biases. What I mean by this is that people can be objective when they listen to the songs. And we all know if people are being objective, they can't say Matt doesn't record well or have an awesome personality! He'll win more fans (but we've said this 203,402 times! lol) I know I've fallen into this trap, as I'm actually falling in extreme like with Noopykins (his new nickname, use it! lol) and I couldn't stand him on the show! And (GASP!!!) I actually dig some of Kris's studios too!!

but anywhozers, I've got like 9,000 more conspiracies swimming in my mind but I'll spare the masses and just keep it to this!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Trudat, Pebbles!

Also, I just have one little irksome thing to add. It was posted a while upthread that Kris chose lots of popular songs. I believe "Apologize", "Falling Slowly" and "Heartless" were mentioned. I must contest this. I will give you "Heartless"- I mean, it's on the radio as we speak. But "Falling Slowly" falls under the category of songs that would be known amongst movie buffs. It won the Oscar in, what, 2007 for Best Song, but wasn't really played on mainstream radio. It's sort of like "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" by 3-6 Mafia: you only know about it if you watched the Oscars and saw the award handed out. Betcha didn't know 3-6 Mafia were Oscar winners, huh? Bizarre. Anyway, I also semi-disagree with "Apologize", too. Yeah, it's popular, but Kris didn't actually CHOOSE that song; Kara and Randy chose it for him. So he got that advantage by default, not due to his own savvy (which, in my opinion, is not as genius as everyone gives him credit for). And anyway, I have beef with that particular song because it was one which was suggested for MATT earlier in the season, and it kind of sent me over the edge when I saw Kris plopped down at the piano plunking it out like some cut-rate Matt wannabe. But since I know you all probably feel the same way, and I'm getting off topic, I digress.

And another thing about "Heartless": That song doesn't really support the idea that Kris has a reputation for choosing popular songs for this reason: he performed that song in the pentultimate week of the competition. It was, more than anything, a "pull out the big guns, secret weapon" type of choice. Kris picked that song because he HAD to if he had any prayer of making it to the finals. Up 'till then he squandered opportunities to get downloads via popular song choice on a few occasions. Uh, "Ain't No Sunshine"? Not exactly the most current choice on a theme night as broad as "Top iTunes Downloads". Also, He chose a rehash of a rehash on Grand Ole Opry Night ("To Make You Feel My Love"), while even Danny Gokey and Scott MacIntyre managed to top him in the modernity department. Most every other theme was so dated that it was impossible to source new material, unless a fetus was performing on Year of Birth night. Damn, he even chose an ancient song on Rock Week, too! But anyway, it ties into Matt because he, unlike Kris, seized his scant opportuntities to tackle new songs on those same nights. In my opinion, much bolder moves on Matt's part because of the risk involved in reinventing new songs at an early stage of the competition. Those choices could have cost Matt advancement in the competition, but he executed them flawlessly and people loved them. Kris played it EXTREMELY safe with his song choices until the latter stages of the competition, and took only one real "risk", in the form of a eleventh-hour, Hail Mary move.

So, no, I'm not giving Kris any props or applauding his strategy in the competition in any way. Every road leads to the fact that Kris won because of the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants, not because he was the most innovative or talented person competing. And I will never be convinced otherwise. As Simon says, "Sorry".
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:06 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Those choices could have cost Matt advancement in the competition, but he executed them flawlessly and people loved them. Kris played it EXTREMELY safe with his song choices until the latter stages of the competition, and took only one real "risk", in the form of a eleventh-hour, Hail Mary move.

So, no, I'm not giving Kris any props or applauding his strategy in the competition in any way. Every road leads to the fact that Kris won because of the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants, not because he was the most innovative or talented person competing. And I will never be convinced otherwise. As Simon says, "Sorry"
AMEN TO THAT! lol
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:15 pm

lymon15 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Those choices could have cost Matt advancement in the competition, but he executed them flawlessly and people loved them. Kris played it EXTREMELY safe with his song choices until the latter stages of the competition, and took only one real "risk", in the form of a eleventh-hour, Hail Mary move.

So, no, I'm not giving Kris any props or applauding his strategy in the competition in any way. Every road leads to the fact that Kris won because of the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants, not because he was the most innovative or talented person competing. And I will never be convinced otherwise. As Simon says, "Sorry"
AMEN TO THAT! lol

LOL at your signature... did anyone else notice the 2 women gawking at Matt behind the window? Even the two guys are staring and smiling. Wonder who he is waving to?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:23 am

OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

So, no, I'm not giving Kris any props or applauding his strategy in the competition in any way. Every road leads to the fact that Kris won because of the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants, not because he was the most innovative or talented person competing. And I will never be convinced otherwise. As Simon says, "Sorry".

I wasn't stating that Kris choosing popular songs was part of any sort of "strategy" of him winning. I stated that him choosing popular songs (or more importantly, popular downloads) like "Heartless" "Falling Slowly" and "Apologize" could be a reason for the high iTunes sales.

It's pretty certain that those songs by the original artists are definitely popular. And yeah, while Glen Hansard's "Falling Slowly" can be debated on it's popularity...I speak personally, that it has been one of my favorite songs since the movie Once was released a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
BellaRoseKent

BellaRoseKent

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:42 am

Cacity87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

I wasn't stating that Kris choosing popular songs was part of any sort of "strategy" of him winning. I stated that him choosing popular songs (or more importantly, popular downloads) like "Heartless" "Falling Slowly" and "Apologize" could be a reason for the high iTunes sales.

It's pretty certain that those songs by the original artists are definitely popular. And yeah, while Glen Hansard's "Falling Slowly" can be debated on it's popularity...I speak personally, that it has been one of my favorite songs since the movie Once was released a couple years ago.

I agree, valid argument. insert tyrus here: Basketball Ballerrrr

{I love all the new smiley option woo woo}
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:02 am

OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!
It's sort of like "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" by 3-6 Mafia:

It's gettin hard out here for a pimp.... sorry I just had too!!

I agree with you girl... I lost all hope for Kris's musical credibility when he said "Remember the Times" wasn't a well known song in his Idolatry... hmmm ok chief... but i was 5 when that song came out and know every word of it...
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:37 am

BellaRoseKent wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

hehehe, I love the new smiley options, too.
But this guy: afro will always be my favorite. :] He's simply rad.

But to stay on topic, I gotcha Cacity. I mean, this is an iTunes sales topic, anyway. [;
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:38 am

Cindyy wrote:
BellaRoseKent wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

But to stay on topic, I gotcha Cacity. I mean, this is an iTunes sales topic, anyway. [;

He's my favorite too! afro

I actually wanted to hear Matt sing Falling Slowly I love that song!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:40 am

pebbles87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!
It's sort of like "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" by 3-6 Mafia:

It's gettin hard out here for a pimp.... sorry I just had too!!

I agree with you girl... I lost all hope for Kris's musical credibility when he said "Remember the Times" wasn't a well known song in his Idolatry... hmmm ok chief... but i was 5 when that song came out and know every word of it...

He really said that? Wow how isn't that a well known song?
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:43 am

Jenna wrote:
Cindyy wrote:
BellaRoseKent wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

lol, actually, now that you mention it, a lot of Kris' songs I can see Matt singing. :]

Of course there is Heartless, Apologize, and Falling Slowly (to name a just few as I am tired).

And yes, the afro dude is simply awesome!! afro :]
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:48 am

Cindyy wrote:
Jenna wrote:
Cindyy wrote:
BellaRoseKent wrote:
Cacity87 wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Trudat, Pebbles!

lol, actually, now that you mention it, a lot of Kris' songs I can see Matt singing. :]

Of course there is Heartless, Apologize, and Falling Slowly (to name a just few as I am tired).

And yes, the afro dude is simply awesome!! afro :]

I know! So many times when I heard Kris' song choice I would groan and say damnit that should have been Matt's song. Like Ain't No Sunshine. Damn he would have killed on that song! He has like a gazillion times more soul than Kris! afro And don't get me started on the whole Apologize thing. I know Kris didn't pick it but damnit he should never have been able to touch that song much less attempt to play the piano! Sorry my bitterness is showing again!

Stop posting afro guy cause it's becoming infectious!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:07 am

I for the most part do not hate on Kris Allen. I haven't seen him pimp himself as much as I've seen others do it for him - and often you can't control what others do. I always remember Kris the night Matt was saved. It looked like he was shot out of a cannon in order to run up to Matt and hug him. He was cheering him on during the entire song. Even in his idolatry video, Matt was one of the people (along with Adam) that he gave props to for helping him with songs. I think he truly respects Matt and has always been complimentary of him. Has he become "Matt light" in his absence - probably. I also agree that he picked songs that would have suited Matt well - but its hard to blame that on Kris.
Now having said that, I do feel he kind of stole some of Matt's persona. There is usually someone on the show being promoted for their artistry and musicianship (? is this even a word) and I feel like Matt has become Jason Castro and Kris became David Cook. At the start of the show it was Matt being pimpled for being "a true artist" (Kara after So Small) but when he didn't live up to their ridiculous standards every week its like they all decided whom can we put into that box now? Since the only one left who could play an instrument was Kris, there you go.
I did get mad over a silly thing, however. I was watching the video of his interviews with the KZoo station after the finale, and if you keep watching they go onto the finale night. That night they went to a watch party for Kris Allen at Burkicks because apparently Kris has family in KZoo. Now I understand that they had to cover something local, but the whole time I'm thinking Kalamazoo and Burdick's are Matt's (he used to work there!) - don't change it to a Kris Allen thing. I'm going to the Grand Rapids Show in September and all I gotta say is that it better be all about Matt! I chose that over the show at the Palace in Auburn Hills since its a smaller venue and even closer to his home - I want to see Matt love all over the place (although the Palace should also be rocking since its closer to Ypsi).
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:48 am

sgr91 wrote:
I think this is the interview you're referring to.
http://www.wxmi.com/news/fox17-american-idol-rat-pack-week-story,0,1751502.story
Look on the side, there is another clip as well.
Enjoy

Thanks so much for the link! Very Happy

I saw the first interview but didn't see the one that aired...I've been seriously annoyed that 19E stipulates that the "idols" can't perform at all before tour because Matt so clearly LOVES performing music and making/experiencing that connection with an audience...thankfully tour is right around the corner and he'll be back to it soon enough and hopefully he's had fun playing a lot in private in the mean time...
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:53 pm

I don't hate on Kris either. I just don't understand how he got so popular and I guess I'm jealous cuz I'm wishing it were Matt instead. Matt and Kris are really great friends and both admire and respect each other. I do remember how Kris was so excited that Matt was saved. But so was Adam and Danny and Allison. Plus Kris was part of White Chocolate with Matt. They were also in group 2 together for the top 36. Matt says that they were roommates during hollywood weeks and the top 36. Remember when Kris won, it was so cute to see Matt jumping up and down - who knows, maybe Matt is the one who encouraged Kris to sing "apologize" at the piano. Sure wish Matt would've done it though instead of "you found me" as Randy and Simon suggested. Oh well, that's water under the bridge.

I heard an old song today and can sooo hear Matt singing this song, maybe he could do it on tour. Have ya'll ever heard Otis Redding's "When A Man Loves A Woman"? Matt's soulful voice and those beautiful lyrics would be pure magic.
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:57 pm

tigersrno1 wrote:
I don't hate on Kris either. I just don't understand how he got so popular and I guess I'm jealous cuz I'm wishing it were Matt instead. Matt and Kris are really great friends and both admire and respect each other. I do remember how Kris was so excited that Matt was saved. But so was Adam and Danny and Allison. Plus Kris was part of White Chocolate with Matt. They were also in group 2 together for the top 36. Matt says that they were roommates during hollywood weeks and the top 36. Remember when Kris won, it was so cute to see Matt jumping up and down - who knows, maybe Matt is the one who encouraged Kris to sing "apologize" at the piano. Sure wish Matt would've done it though instead of "you found me" as Randy and Simon suggested. Oh well, that's water under the bridge.

I heard an old song today and can sooo hear Matt singing this song, maybe he could do it on tour. Have ya'll ever heard Otis Redding's "When A Man Loves A Woman"? Matt's soulful voice and those beautiful lyrics would be pure magic.

That would be absolute perfection! It is such a BEAUTIFUL song and Matt + piano + that song = pure magic just like you said!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:22 pm

I love that song as well. Another one I was thinking about was Otis Redding's Try a Little Tenderness. Its not exactly current but its very soulful and I think he would do great with it. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
lymon15

lymon15

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 2:42 pm

sgr91 wrote:
I love that song as well. Another one I was thinking about was Otis Redding's Try a Little Tenderness. Its not exactly current but its very soulful and I think he would do great with it. Thoughts?
my grandma watches american idol with me. And she actually suggested this song for Matt to sing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

itunes sales are in for the season
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next