Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

itunes sales are in for the season

Go down 
+17
BellaRoseKent
lymon15
crys7
jamerce
OvenMitt
slick7
lovethemtigers
cecilie
Tie
Cacity87
pebbles87
mattyg93
Lengski
sgr91
mch
meagsmatt
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
slick7

slick7

itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:58 pm

Tie wrote:
slick7 wrote:
Great post! For clarification, in case it isn't obvious, that chart is for sales in the last week not overall for the whole season. Here's the direct link: http://blogs.usatoday.com/idolchatter/ (it's currently the fourth entry down).

You are correct, but I think they were a little misleading in how they worded it. When the contestants songs are taken down from itunes, will they then release what each of their TOTAL sales were?

"Officially?" Probably not, but I'm sure if/when that info is available, for better or worse, it'll get out somehow...
Back to top Go down
Tie

Tie

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:09 pm

I just purchased 5 more of Matt's pre-idol songs. I just wish that the studio mixing on some of them were better (I would buy more).
Back to top Go down
Tie

Tie

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 pm

Ok, Thank you, slick7.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 2:45 pm

Quote :
Basically, I'm a bit alarmed at the level of worrying going on on this board. Part of the reason it was so easy to not hate on other contestants during the show was because I strongly strongly felt (and still strongly strongly feel) that the G-Squad was (is) backing a super super talented, guy. Shoot, even Adam who was wrongly touted as some sort of musical saviour says Matt's talent intimidates him. On top of that, Matt is also a funny, adorkable, caring, sweet, gorgeous, hard-working, focused, appreciative, good guy. When you're backing someone like that, you don't really need to constantly hate/worry and you have the freedom to spend that time you would have wasted hating/worrying just being positive and focused on helping/supporting your guy achieve his dreams (which I know people here are also definitely doing) that much faster.

The problem is being super-talented is not the only thing that is needed to get a record label. If it was we wouldn't see people like Brittany Spears and Miley Cryus on record labels. I'm sure record labels hear super talented people everyday yet they don't sign them all. I'm not saying Matt is or isn't going to be signed but IMO it is completely okay to worry about it and him. That's what fans do in times of uncertainity and I think these times are definitely uncertain.

I also think there are record labels out there that will spend more time nurturing a artist that they believe in but yes eventually even they will give up if the sales are not there.

I'm confused with your link to idol chatter. Isn't that the same numbers I originally posted or are there different numbers on there as well that I didn't see?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:11 pm

Ok I am officially confused the numbers I posted are they just for sales last week or are they total sales throughout the whole season because reading over at MJ's they are saying they are just last's weks sales. If that is the case then I'm not worried at all because hell he sold 12,000 and he wasn't even showcased in the finale and left 3 weeks before that. This is all so confusing. I thought they were total sales for the whole season aren't they?
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:28 pm

Jenna wrote:
Quote :
Basically, I'm a bit alarmed at the level of worrying going on on this board. Part of the reason it was so easy to not hate on other contestants during the show was because I strongly strongly felt (and still strongly strongly feel) that the G-Squad was (is) backing a super super talented, guy. Shoot, even Adam who was wrongly touted as some sort of musical saviour says Matt's talent intimidates him. On top of that, Matt is also a funny, adorkable, caring, sweet, gorgeous, hard-working, focused, appreciative, good guy. When you're backing someone like that, you don't really need to constantly hate/worry and you have the freedom to spend that time you would have wasted hating/worrying just being positive and focused on helping/supporting your guy achieve his dreams (which I know people here are also definitely doing) that much faster.

The problem is being super-talented is not the only thing that is needed to get a record label. If it was we wouldn't see people like Brittany Spears and Miley Cryus on record labels. I'm sure record labels hear super talented people everyday yet they don't sign them all. I'm not saying Matt is or isn't going to be signed but IMO it is completely okay to worry about it and him. That's what fans do in times of uncertainity and I think these times are definitely uncertain.

I also think there are record labels out there that will spend more time nurturing a artist that they believe in but yes eventually even they will give up if the sales are not there.

I'm confused with your link to idol chatter. Isn't that the same numbers I originally posted or are there different numbers on there as well that I didn't see?

You're absolutely right. while being super talented helps, it is not enough to be super talented at all and that's the case in any industry. It's also about hard work, being innovative, being business savvy, networking/making connections, good marketing, playing the industry game a bit (for better or worse), building and solidifying a fan base, and a ton TON of other things.

Again, going back to JT, for all his faults the dude is super talented and has been for a while, but even he has gotten hugely burned in the business initially, but he learned fast and, again for all his faults, he has developed a great business sense when it comes to himself as a brand and he has learned to navigate the music industry waters in a smart way.

Re: Miley and Britney - from the perspective of music execs, they are money making machines. Music execs are about making money, specifically profit. I completely understand why they have contracts. I would be completely surprised if they didn't. Heck Soulja Boy has a record contract...and you know what? I would be completely surprised if he didnt' too.

Again, music execs are about making profit. If record execs believe Matt can and will be profitable for them, then they will sign him. So far, all signs point to Matt having that potential. So again, while I understand the worry due to the lack of "action" at the moment, I think it's reaching a point of going overboard and becoming unnecessarily depressing, especially since worse case scenario, it's 50/50 at this point which means you can choose to see the glass half full or half empty.

Matt is already making connections, he's already working on getting his name/image out there, he's already taken/taking full advantage of the opportunities he's had/has to perform post idol, he's already doing what he can to solidify his fan base and win over new ones, he's already doing everything he can to make a good, positive impression on people...he's not sitting around freaking out, he's working towards his dream/goal and is depending on us to help kick things up a notch on our end to ensure his efforts pay of as much as possible. And I think that's where the ???? comes in more than anything, do Matt's fans have what it takes to keep up the support necessary to see him achieve the best of his dreams? I think we do.

I posted the link to clarify that the numbers were for last week sales (not overall sales for the season) and give people a chance to read it themselves in case I was reading it wrong it's just something I tend to do with online things, wasn't meant to offend or anything. Smile

Last edited by slick7 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:31 pm

Jenna wrote:
Ok I am officially confused the numbers I posted are they just for sales last week or are they total sales throughout the whole season because reading over at MJ's they are saying they are just last's weks sales. If that is the case then I'm not worried at all because hell he sold 12,000 and he wasn't even showcased in the finale and left 3 weeks before that. This is all so confusing. I thought they were total sales for the whole season aren't they?

No, they are only last week's sales, that's what I was trying to point out/clear up in my post. Smile
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm glad you posted the clarification. I was under the impression that the numbers were totals to date. It supports what I thought - the longer you're out of the spotlight, the less downloads you get. Its simple and logical. If you're on that week, and people like your song, they will check out some of your older stuff. That is the reason 19 wants the idols to put out an album as soon as possible - yes, it might compromise the quality of the album, but as far as sales go, you need to strike while the iron is hot. Obviously, there could be fallout if its a terrible album, but thats the risk they take vs. waiting until everyone forgets Kris Allen (and I think him in particular, because I agree with the rest of you that he is indeed forgettable). That is also the advice that Paula gave Matt (I don't recall which interview he said it in) - don't wait too long to put out your music. We can argue about whether she has expertise to give advice but she's certainly closer to the business than I am so I'll go with it.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:39 pm

slick7 wrote:
Jenna wrote:

No, they are only last week's sales, that's what I was trying to point out/clear up in my post. Smile

Well then I think that is damn good! I'm glad I wasn't the only one that seemed confused though. The way it was written was kind of sloppy if you ask me. Or maybe I'm just stupid!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:44 pm

Quote :
I posted the link to clarify that the numbers were for last week sales (not overall sales for the season) and give people a chance to read it themselves in case I was reading it wrong it's just something I tend to do with online things, wasn't meant to offend or anything.

Oh I wasn't offended and I'm glad you cleared it up because I was like damn he only sold 12,000 for the whole season. This makes me feel a 1000 times better! I guess I better read more carefully next time. I think 12,000 is a great number for just one weeks sales especially when you compare it to the other idol's below the top four. Is it as much as the top 4 no but then again he was completely shafted in the finale while the top 4 were showcased!
Back to top Go down
lovethemtigers

lovethemtigers

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:28 pm

You are right that is not bad at all for one week - considering he has none of the publicity the other four are getting. You know it's water under the bridge but I sure wish there was video we could see of that last rehearsal of the duet. Not that it matters, but I just would love to see matt singing and playing that piano!

It does take alot of hard work and dedication and I believe our Matt is up to the task. He's already proven that he can do what it takes to achieve your dreams. I think about how he was 18 and taught himself to play the piano and how it has become his passion. And then to try out for Idol and work hard during Hollywood Week. And to watch his post-idol interviews. I truly believe he has a goal in mind, and that he will work towards that goal and not let things get him down or get in the way of his dreams and his happiness, which is entertaining people. I just watched an interview from a Michigan station where he told the lady he was ansy because his passion is to perform in front of people and he feels almost lost not being able to do that, so he "sings to his Parents" LOL.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:54 pm

"Frankly, Matt is a record execs/producers dream. He has a gorgeous, distinct voice, he can sing a wide variety of genres and sound beautiful doing all of them, he sounds amazing live, he looks amazing live, he sounds a-freakin-mazing in studio, he knows how to arrange songs really well on his own, he beat boxes really well, has incredible piano playing skills, he plays the drums, he can sound old school and new school at the same time or separately, he's young, he's charismatic, he's cute, he looks great on camera, he interviews like a dream, he's a quick learner and he's works hard, he has no baggage, he's single for all intents and purposes...plus he LOVES music, like it just shows, and so wouldn't take the opportunity to make music for granted. Not to mention the fact that he can't escape the JT comparisons, and while I personally hate it, and I know he does too, the fact is that is NOT a bad thing to record execs AT ALL, (even if he doesn't end up doing that kind of music) like it's basically (excuse me for being crass here) a record execs/producers "wet dream" especially since JT is talking about retiring. Same thing with the Buble comparison (which Matt seems to like a little bit more ...seriously..."

^First of all, that paragraph says it all. I think we can all agree that with all those things going for him, we should have no worries about Matt's future. It's just a matter of patience.

By the way, I am so wowed by these posts! You people have some keen observations, and I found myself nodding my head as I was reading most of this stuff. I don't know if I can express any of my thoughts better than you all have, but I'm darn sure gonna try!

Okay, at first glance, these numbers might seem discouraging. I mean, Matt's STILL lingering at 5th place in sales, and those rankings seem to be set in stone for the time being. But I noticed two other things: 1)Matt has fewer downloads, yet a greater variety of songs being bought, and 2)Alot of those songs are from Matt's pre-Idol albums. I know these facts have been stated in previous posts, but they are very much worth reiterating. Why? Because, this means Matt has the beginnings of fan loyalty. If he's got a core group of people still interested in him a month after his departure from Idol, it's a good indication that they will stay faithful for a long time. This coupled with the fact that Matt is gaining attention and respect from people since he's been off the show are good signs. Opinions of him, as far as I've noticed in the blogsphere, are generally positive, and he's managed to turn around lots of former naysayers. His trajectory is going upwards, while others' (whom I'll mention later) are remaining steady or even showing the first inklings of decline.

Another interesting fact that Pebbles pointed out earlier is that all the sales figures are down rather dramatically from last year. I was shocked at how low Kris' numbers are in comparison to David Cook's in the same position (winner) and time of year last year. It's mostly a sign of the economic times, as this time last year we had really now knowledge of just how devistating this economic crisis was and would become; people were still living in ignorant bliss, charging up the remaining balances on their high-interest credit cards and making frivilous purchases. It's a completely different landscape now: there are so many complexities to deal with in our everyday lives, even our entertainment has got to be quick, satisfying and cheap.
This plays into a couple of things. First, that explains why vast amounts of people are buying Kradison music. They recognize the names, they assume they are good songs, and if not? Well, it was only $.99, right? Point, click, entertain. What could be quicker, cheaper or more satisfying, right? Wrong. This brings me to my next point. So, people are buying the songs from the Idols they have heard about or have been basically programmed to like (either by virtue of the judges' constant chanting of the same names, or because one has claimed the title of "American Idol". He MUST be the best one, right?), but maybe once they have listened to those songs, they aren't as bowled over as they though they'd be. Most people would just delete the song from their playlist and that would be that. Those people I'm not concerned with anyways; they are most likely philistines who don't have a true appreciation for music anyway, or are lemmings that create their taste and identity based on the influence of others rather than trusting their own gut. But the others, those who want to delve deeper, who are craving a bit more than what the top finalists are offering, will go further. They will probably sample a couple of Matt's songs, as he's the next on the list, the next logical choice. What those people are discovering is how outstanding Matt's songs really are, how enchanting and gorgeous his voice is on a recording, how his song arrangements translate so effectively from stage to studio, how superior those recordings are, in my opinion, to the rest of the top 4.
I'd say it's the true music lovers who watch AI who are giving Matt a second look. People who can actually appreciate his nuance, complexity, versitility and musical virtuosity are going to put the word out there. It's those people who are adding to Matt's support. It's best to let the philistines and the lemmings go their own way; they are often also the fair-weather fans who move on staggeringly fast to the next trend and seriously lack loyalty.

This brings up yet another explanation behind why things played out on the show the way they did. Times are tough. It seems like they've become that way over night. People are still trying to downshift from the more exorbitant lifestyles they'd grown accustomed to for most of the past decade. remember, it was just a couple of years ago when everyone was buying Hummers for family cars, logomania had hit the suburbs, people were dressing their dogs and getting them pedicures, and Paris Hilton was every teen girl's hero. Think about the music that we've suffered through this past decade:Pop tarts, boy bands, blingy rappers and divas, Britney, Miley, Gaga, the aforementioned Hilton, the sisters Simpson. It's been pretty vapid. That's been the apex of popular music, but that which rises, must also fall. I think Adam and Kris are a symbol of the changing of the guard of a musical era. Adam is representative of what youngsters have come to define as popular: flashy, bombastic, over the top, strutting and ostentatious. Those vocal gymnastics are an orgasm of excess, the persona the very deity of overblown entitlement. Teens may be used to that, but it's falling out of favor FAST.
Kris is sort of like the antedote to all that pomp and spectacle. Jeans, t-shirt and a guitar...very sedate and soothing. He is new yet familiar, stripped down rather than complex, his utter simplicity is so strange to people that it is translated as groundbreaking and artistic. Even though Kris' schtick isn't really anything new, it lies in such contrast to the pop ideals of the new millenium, it appears fresh and innovative. Which is hilarious because it is such a rudamentary formula, yet people who don't truly appreciate music are unable to realize that. Basically Kris is a far more palatable version of Matt. We haven't yet gotten to the point societally where Matt's level of talent is going to be applauded; we are still in the hangover phase where music you can turn on and ignore is necessary. Once the nation begins to repair and rebuild financially, things will fall into place. People are going to refocus on substance over style, quality over frivolity. That state of mind will expand to cultural tastes, and by that time, Matt will have grown enough as an artist to coincide with these realizations. Give it time: people will come around, they are just in a transitory phase. It happened during the Great Depression, the Vietnam Era, the late '80s, and it will happen again. Excess breeds devistation which breeds resurrection which breeds enlightenment. We are currently transitioning from the devistation phase to the resurrection phase. Matt's time will come when people become more enlightened.

Okay, now that I've gone into a whole diatribe about cultural values as in pertainance to American Idol, I just want to add one more thought, if you guys can stand to read more.

I just want to consider trajectories one more time. With all the afformentioned stuff I just wrote, I think the thing to glean is that we are going to see a shift in these people's momentum. If my crackpot theories are to be believed, things aren't going to b a walk in the park for any of these guys, but it's going to be pretty tough for Adam and Kris in particular. Adam has reached his apex musically. He has outdone himself so repeatedly that it will be difficult for him to entertain folks long-term without either a new fanbase and/or serious reinvention. Seems easy, but he will have to go international to get that new fanbase; we all know Adam's MO here in America,and I think most minds are already sent on their opinions of him. Adam realizes this fact, and I suppose that's why his sights are set on global domination. Smart move, but that's a tall order, and one that is difficult for men to acheive. It's alot easier for, say, Madonna or Beyonce to reinvent and for people to get on board with it. And with the economic tides turning, people may tire altogether of the overblown glam theme that Adam relies on. We shall see. As for Kris, I fear that he may never surmount the expectations that have been placed upon him. 19E placing him at Jive Records is the first indicator of that: they marginalized his "artistry" and long-term relevance by placing him in a marketing vehicle for teenagers. They are trying to extract the most out of him that they can from his unbeknownst supporters before the jig is up and people realize how limited he is. That may sound harsh, but that's just my perspective on it. I honestly don't see him achieving the upper reaches of success, as his title is a result him benefitting from all the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants moreso than his actual far and away talent and popularity.
Matt, as Pebble put it, is akin to a Pickler or a Hudson. As of now, expectations of him are relatively low in general. People don't look to the 5th place finisher to rocket to stardom like they do the winners and runners-up. This means that people who haven't been paying attention like we have are going to be gobsmacked when Matt is successful. They may even, at that point, struggle to recall where "that guy" even came from! Matt thankfully doesn't carry the burden of instant Idol association like Kris and Adam,or at least he won't in the near future. He is out of the shadow of the top ranks, and as we've seen from past AI success stories, those 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and even 8th place contestants have better odds than even runners-up of winning over the masses. This fact, paired with the fact that Matt is willing to climb the rungs from the ground up, his savvy concerning the music industry based on past experiences and his understanding and utilization of AI as the tremendous platform that it is, are all going to conspire to help guide Matt to the heights we know he can reach. The level of success that he DESERVES.

Screw the win; Matt Giraud for the SUCCESS!!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 5:48 pm

^^^^ OvenMitt I just heart you girl!!! Our rants make more sense to me than some things that are happening in the world! HAHA ok my rant time!

what you said about the times we're in is spot on and leaves me speechless its so good! (bet you all never thought I'D be speechless! Very Happy )
Adam has reached his apex musically. He has outdone himself so repeatedly that it will be difficult for him to entertain folks long-term without either a new fanbase and/or serious reinvention. Seems easy, but he will have to go international to get that new fanbase; we all know Adam's MO here in America,and I think most minds are already sent on their opinions of him. Adam realizes this fact, and I suppose that's why his sights are set on global domination. Smart move, but that's a tall order, and one that is difficult for men to acheive. It's alot easier for, say, Madonna or Beyonce to reinvent and for people to get on board with it. And with the economic tides turning, people may tire altogether of the overblown glam theme that Adam relies on. We shall see. As for Kris, I fear that he may never surmount the expectations that have been placed upon him. 19E placing him at Jive Records is the first indicator of that: they marginalized his "artistry" and long-term relevance by placing him in a marketing vehicle for teenagers. They are trying to extract the most out of him that they can from his unbeknownst supporters before the jig is up and people realize how limited he is. That may sound harsh, but that's just my perspective on it. I honestly don't see him achieving the upper reaches of success, as his title is a result him benefitting from all the missteps of TPTB and the other contestants moreso than his actual far and away talent and popularity.
This is what I want to add to. It's soo true! It seems by 19E putting Kris in Jive with their teens seems to me they already have given up on him in a way. Like they don't think he'll sell to the older crowd, so they're marketing him towards the younger crowd. (I guess I'm probably in the age range their marketing him towards too-- please, give me Matt anyday!) He won the title for 2 reasons IMO 1) TPTB manipulation made people angry so they wandered towards the less pimped and 2) He's so bland that it's hard to hate him. He was consistent albeit boring and not very talented. People were on board. Like you said Adam has reached his peak, musically and fan-wise. People's minds are made up from him and there is no middle ground. It's either love or hate. Period. And like you said, he does understand this. This is why he's toying with the media with the VERY OBVIOUS revelations that he's gay. The more he lets people stew, the more people talk. The more the paparazzi try to get a picture with him and his BF. He has turned into a celebrity, and not the good definition of it. He's now more famous for the "Adam Lambert persona" than for his music. (At least for people who don't watch the show) At this point do we need the big Lance Bass "Yep, I'm gay" cover of Rolling Stones? Heck no! This is just another way to keep himself relevant. It's genious if you ask me! (Maybe to keep Matt relevant, we can have him break up with the GF and hook up with Underwood! They'd be like the Idol's golden couple! hehe, ok I'm totally kidding, but it'd work! )

And just to add the whole Matt/Pickler comparisons we've got goin on (which I'd be happy if Matt had her career... she made like $5 million last year... not too shabby!) We consider Pickler successful right? We consider Taylor Hicks unsuccessful right? Debut albums sold: Pickler 800,000 Hicks 700,00. Not too much of a difference if you ask me! The expectations are lower for Matt than Kris and Adam. Simply put, a gold record for Matt is golden (no pun intended).
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 6:21 pm

tigersrno1 wrote:
You are right that is not bad at all for one week - considering he has none of the publicity the other four are getting. You know it's water under the bridge but I sure wish there was video we could see of that last rehearsal of the duet. Not that it matters, but I just would love to see matt singing and playing that piano!

It does take alot of hard work and dedication and I believe our Matt is up to the task. He's already proven that he can do what it takes to achieve your dreams. I think about how he was 18 and taught himself to play the piano and how it has become his passion. And then to try out for Idol and work hard during Hollywood Week. And to watch his post-idol interviews. I truly believe he has a goal in mind, and that he will work towards that goal and not let things get him down or get in the way of his dreams and his happiness, which is entertaining people. I just watched an interview from a Michigan station where he told the lady he was ansy because his passion is to perform in front of people and he feels almost lost not being able to do that, so he "sings to his Parents" LOL.

Exactly. Also, where's this interview? Is it new? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 pm

slick7 wrote:
tigersrno1 wrote:

Exactly. Also, where's this interview? Is it new? Very Happy

Yeah I want to see this interview too!

Ovenmitt you made a lot of great points that I never considered especially the ones about where we are now in this world and how much it will change once the world get's back on it's feet.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:39 pm

I just thought of something else. Most likely those 12,000 downloads are not from his hardcore fans like us because those fans already bought his music before the finale. So he is still winning over people! Once the tour hits I think he will be unstoppable!
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm

Why? Because, this means Matt has the beginnings of fan loyalty. If he's got a core group of people still interested in him a month after his departure from Idol, it's a good indication that they will stay faithful for a long time. This coupled with the fact that Matt is gaining attention and respect from people since he's been off the show are good signs. Opinions of him, as far as I've noticed in the blogsphere, are generally positive, and he's managed to turn around lots of former naysayers. His trajectory is going upwards, while others' (whom I'll mention later) are remaining steady or even showing the first inklings of decline.

Okay, number 1, GREAT post!! You make such wonderful points that I'm basically cheering from behind my laptop screen haha. But this specific point that you make above is really important! I know I've probably beaten a dead horse with this one but I genuinely think that post AI Matt is the one who is gaining the most new fans (okay, maybe Kris just a little bit, merely because he's the winner). And you're totally right, I think I can maybe count on 1 hand how many posts, etc that have been negative towards Matt. In fact, most I read say something like "While I wasn't a fan of him on the show, NOW..." or "While he's not my favorite conestant he really is talented, etc". So on the whole, I think people are really starting to appreciate the artist he is and aren't being influenced by the powers of AI. Another thing, even for casual fans, how beneficial is it for Matt to have someone go on Itunes, think heyy maybe I'll download Matt's version of So Small, type in his name, and be provided with his 2 other albums to browse through! I think it really is a win/win. I know when I'm browsing for a specific song or artist and if some new stuff pops up, I always check them out!

And, and, and...okay so those statistics were just from last week (meaning finale week?) Then if that's the case, WOOHOO...seriously 12,000 downloads for getting basically zero acknowledgment at the finale. Can you imagine if he and Scott had performed their duet? And Jenna, I so, so, so hope you're no longer in panic mode, no need for it girl! : )
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 10:02 pm

Quote :
And Jenna, I so, so, so hope you're no longer in panic mode, no need for it girl! : )

Nope not at all! LOL now that I have been told I read it wrong...thank god!
Back to top Go down
sgr91

sgr91

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:31 am

I think this is the interview you're referring to.
http://www.wxmi.com/news/fox17-american-idol-rat-pack-week-story,0,1751502.story
Look on the side, there is another clip as well.
Enjoy
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:44 am

sgr91 wrote:
I think this is the interview you're referring to.
http://www.wxmi.com/news/fox17-american-idol-rat-pack-week-story,0,1751502.story
Look on the side, there is another clip as well.
Enjoy

Thanks for the link! That is such a cool and inspirational little interview, I'm so excited haha!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:57 am

Great interview...I loved it. Thank you for finding it.
Back to top Go down
jamerce

jamerce

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:48 am

That was a great interview! Thanks for finding it! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/michigan_countrygirl
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:02 am

Jenna wrote:

LOL it seems we all are thinking the same things about the kind of record label we want Matt to have interested in him.

In reality all of these Idols need to gain fans outside of Idol and the ones like Clay who don't, don't have a chance in hell of sustaining long careers in music. For me it will be most interesting to see how Adam does with the outside world so to speak. I actually think him and Danny might have the hardest time attracting new fans. Danny may do ok with a Chrisitian label but Adam I just don't know. I think initially he will do well but I think like all gimmicks his time in the sun will end and he will go back to Broadway. For me it is very clear that is where he should have stayed in the first place. For Kris if he puts out a great CD then he may have some success post idol but he is extremely limited in the type of music he can put out. Although, how many CD's released from the Idol winners are ground breaking amazing CD's. They are all pretty much the same generic bland pop...whether they are rock, country, R&B, or purely pop. I think they have a certain formula they follow. I loved David Cook and like his CD but I really expected something more edgy and artistic but no way would AI/19E allow him creative control.

Sorry...off topic: I'm not so sure how adam will do in the real world either. The bolded part just reminded me of the day when I was driving to work listening to the radio one morning. I think it was the Wednesday of the finale & Ryan Seacrest was playing snippetts of the performances from the night before. I just have to say that when he played Adam's segment, I swear I almost wrecked my car. No exaggeration. I was swerving while trying to change the station. It was awful. Painful,even. I guess this just shows that his screaming does not translate well onto radio... and that it's also not very good for public health & safety. =/
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:10 am

Quote :
Sorry...off topic: I'm not so sure how adam will do in the real world either. The bolded part just reminded me of the day when I was driving to work listening to the radio one morning. I think it was the Wednesday of the finale & Ryan Seacrest was playing snippetts of the performances from the night before. I just have to say that when he played Adam's segment, I swear I almost wrecked my car. No exaggeration. I was swerving while trying to change the station. It was awful. Painful,even. I guess this just shows that his screaming does not translate well onto radio... and that it's also not very good for public health & safety. =/

LOL that was so funny. I laughed so hard I'm surprised that I didn't wake my son up. I realize that Adam obviously has talent but his voice and my eardrums do not like each other! I really do not like the tone of his voice and I hate the screeching. My son asked me one day why so many people like Adam. I explained to him that some people think that he is an exciting performer. Immediately he said "but mom they won't be able to see him on a CD. They will only be able to hear him and who wants to listen to all that screaming". I just can't imagine wanting to listen to a 45 minute CD of that. It will be interesting to see how much they water Adam down and if they don't how well radio will receive him.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:15 am

Cacity87 wrote:
Just moved into a new state, so sorry for being MIA for awhile!

I just read this thread...and at first I was bummed about the low sales for Matt. But then again, everyone's numbers were low this year...and also, Matt as a whole didn't choose songs that would normally be top downloads. I mean, Kris chose "Heartless, Falling Slowly, Apologize" etc. Those songs are probably searched for DAILY on iTunes. He was sure to garner sales from non-Idol viewers. Same with Adam's song choices.

Matt probably did well on his "So Small" and "You Found Me" sales, because the songs are newer hits. But the others, not so much.

However, like pebbles said...the fact that Matt sold more songs than any of the others listed means a lot. He has that dedicated fanbase that is buying all of his music, plus a good bit of versatility in what others buy from him. I am proud of his accomplishments. Smile

You were reading my mind. I've been thinking about that for the longest. It's true. That's why LGIO is his top seller on Itunes cause I don't care who you are, you know that song. A few of the others, not so much. Honestly, I'd never even heard HYERLAW 'til I heard Matt sing it on the show.

(Sorry these posts are so far behind. I just got on here for the day, and am responding as I read. I'll get caught up in a few mins.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

itunes sales are in for the season
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next