Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

itunes sales are in for the season

Go down 
+17
BellaRoseKent
lymon15
crys7
jamerce
OvenMitt
slick7
lovethemtigers
cecilie
Tie
Cacity87
pebbles87
mattyg93
Lengski
sgr91
mch
meagsmatt
Jenna
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
mattyg93

mattyg93

itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 4:57 pm

I really hope there are many offers on the table once Matt returns to LA tomorrow.

I am thinking next week both Kris' and Adam's record deals will be announced and Allison's soon after. So let's pray that Matt gets something soon too.
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:30 pm

I am not going to hate on Kris but:

1. I can't figure out how he got so many votes - he was always on the bottom or next to it on Dial Idol (so was Allison) I know it isn't always right but...

2. As far as Apologize and Heartless goes - Apologize was a mediocre performance to me - good but lacking passion, rawness and soul. Heartless - I wonder if perhaps Matt might have suggested it to Kris. I lost it when Ryan announced Kris was singing Heartless - I wanted Matt to sing that song ever since he said he loved the Fray. I knew Kris would get credit for re-arranging that song because most people hadn't heard the Fray's version. I had bumped up the thread on the AI forum "what you would like to hear Matt sing", proclaiming Heartless to be the perfect song for Matt! When Paula said Matt was piercing people's hearts, my heart was broken hearing Kris sing Heartless. Which is sad because Matt might not even like the song for all I know. It is just that I could hear Matt's soul in that song, like in Too Many Words.

When Matt opens for Colbie Calliat, maybe he will sing his own Heartless! Not to start a rumor or anything, just being hopeful! We can hope, right?
Back to top Go down
livgiraud

livgiraud

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:22 pm

I'm listening to The Fray's version of 'Heartless' right now and suddenly i got so mad....
Randy said Kris' version was better? How dare he? Seriously...there's no comparison.

Kris' live version was kinda decent...watching again i can see why the judges liked it, but there's no way his vesion was better. Listen to the studio recording. It's so flat that is almost painful, imo, obviously.

That's all...lol.
Back to top Go down
slick7

slick7

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 8:23 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
I am not going to hate on Kris but:

1. I can't figure out how he got so many votes - he was always on the bottom or next to it on Dial Idol (so was Allison) I know it isn't always right but...

2. As far as Apologize and Heartless goes - Apologize was a mediocre performance to me - good but lacking passion, rawness and soul. Heartless - I wonder if perhaps Matt might have suggested it to Kris. I lost it when Ryan announced Kris was singing Heartless - I wanted Matt to sing that song ever since he said he loved the Fray. I knew Kris would get credit for re-arranging that song because most people hadn't heard the Fray's version. I had bumped up the thread on the AI forum "what you would like to hear Matt sing", proclaiming Heartless to be the perfect song for Matt! When Paula said Matt was piercing people's hearts, my heart was broken hearing Kris sing Heartless. Which is sad because Matt might not even like the song for all I know. It is just that I could hear Matt's soul in that song, like in Too Many Words.

When Matt opens for Colbie Calliat, maybe he will sing his own Heartless! Not to start a rumor or anything, just being hopeful! We can hope, right?

I remember you posting that quite vividly actually and you being so enthusiastic about it! It's probably one of the main reasons I was so taken aback/annoyed when Kris decided to sing it...

Personally, I don't know what to think about Kris anymore, and I don't really want to think about Kris anymore. I spent enough time doing that during the show. For me, as a musician he's so very dull and one dimensional that he's just no longer worth energy/analysis at this point...there's only so many ways I can accurately describe/analyze a damp cardboard box...

As I've posted before, it's obvious AI is manipulated/a scripted show, so, in my opinion, it's really not Kris' fault that he won AI, and he seems like a decent, if boring guy so...k cera cera.

I will say though that I was/am very surprised at and a bit disturbed by the direction he (or 19E?) apparently wants to go musically...I think it was cranberry Smile that posted he said he wanted an album in the vein of The Fray and Gavin Degraw...hearing that was the first time that Kris actually creeped me out a bit, it's just way way to much like the character Hedra Carlson in the film "Single White Female" for me ::shudder::.

We can definitely hope Matt will have a chance to do (if he wants to anyway) his own version of Heartless sometime soon (and having it be something he performs as the opening act for Colbie Calliat - like the way you think btw Very Happy - is as good a time as any) and we'll get to hear it!

I think we are all just truly looking forward to hearing Matt do the music that he loves and is good at and hoping that he'll get to work with good writers/producers/artists, etc. so that he can make really great/solid/successful records.

Last edited by slick7 on Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 9:42 am

livgiraud wrote:
I'm listening to The Fray's version of 'Heartless' right now and suddenly i got so mad....
Randy said Kris' version was better? How dare he? Seriously...there's no comparison.

Kris' live version was kinda decent...watching again i can see why the judges liked it, but there's no way his vesion was better. Listen to the studio recording. It's so flat that is almost painful, imo, obviously.

That's all...lol.
I know! I have always thought Kris sounded so FLAT in the studio. I actually heard the song "No Boundaries" on the radio yesterday afternoon when I was shopping in a store. Hah...I laughed because I could tell it was him, because of the "flatness" in his voice. I was like, "yeah...that's Kris. ugh."

I am not trying to hate on the kid, he's just not that good.

And 2Kids..i am TOTALLY with you about Matt opening for Colbie. That would be amazing! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 12:11 pm

i think I understand why Kris became so popular... I mean I've made it my personal mission to over-analyze this show to death right? lol Very Happy I think Kris became so popular because as the competition wore on he became the least polarizing figure left. Let's start at the Top 5: Matt got the save and people were gonna use that against him, Allison didn't seem to have that much of a fanbase to begin with, Adam was obviously very polarizing and I believe people had their minds made up on him very early on, and Danny, well you all know why Danny was a polarizing figure.... hello using your dead wife to get sympathy! (even if it was producer manipulated!) Kris was just there singing his tunes and being "consistent". He didn't have a polarizing background or personality to turn viewers off. While I believe the amount of people who held a negative impression against Danny and Adam began to grow; Kris's didn't, in fact he had more people begin to like him because of his plainness. And I actually think his studios aren't bad at all... yeah he's boring and is somewhat droll (oohh my big word of the day!) but he's growing on me.... forgive me for that, I never thought I'd say that! lol
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 3:27 pm

Jenna wrote:
Quote :
I posted the link to clarify that the numbers were for last week sales (not overall sales for the season) and give people a chance to read it themselves in case I was reading it wrong it's just something I tend to do with online things, wasn't meant to offend or anything.

Oh I wasn't offended and I'm glad you cleared it up because I was like damn he only sold 12,000 for the whole season. This makes me feel a 1000 times better! I guess I better read more carefully next time. I think 12,000 is a great number for just one weeks sales especially when you compare it to the other idol's below the top four. Is it as much as the top 4 no but then again he was completely shafted in the finale while the top 4 were showcased!

Yeah!! His sales is good with all things considered! I am actually glad with this figure! Woo Hoo Go Matty!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: itunes sales are in for the season   itunes sales are in for the season - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

itunes sales are in for the season
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5