Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:37 am

"Thank You" is down 7 spins today and lost its positive bullet. Sad It is still 28 spins ahead of #24, and is 21 spins behind #22.

I'm not sure why it dropped so much. Two stations that did not play it yesterday are Hartford and Providence.
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 10:48 am

Boo! Sad

I am so frustrated with Detroit radio, I can 't even stand it!! I don't understand why nobody will play the song here! Mad
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 30, 2010 7:39 am

"Thank You" is down 3 more spins, but other things around it are dropping in spins too for some reason. It is 19 spins behind #22, and 29 spins ahead of #24.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:33 am

"Thank You" is down three spins and holding at #23. It is up 28 spins from #24, and down 28 spins from #22. I believe #23 will be the chart position for the week.

I think I figured out one reason for the drop the past 3 days. I noticed other songs around "Thank You" have been dropping too. It seems it is because a lot of stations have been playing Halloween-themed music this week, which has squeezed out their other programming. This should be corrected next week, but then we may start running into holiday programming.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 7:50 am

"Thank You" is up a spin today, still at #23. Let's see if it can reverse the recent drop now that Halloween has past. It is 19 spins ahead of #24, and 28 spins behind #22.

Here's what happened this week for the added stations:

*Up in spins by more than one spin:
Oklahoma City (6/2), Providence (11/7)

*Down in spins by more than one spin:
Worcester (12/16), Columbia (12/14), Chattanooga (7/10), Lansing (7/9), Denver (3/5), Monterey-Salinas (2/4)

Lady Gaga will go recurrent on Sunday, and Daughtry "Life After You" will go recurrent the following week. So, we can look forward to moving up two positions in the next 13 days if we can avoid getting passed. I keep hoping Uncle Kracker will go recurrent, but it looks like now we will have to wait for Michael Buble to get up into the top 5, and that looks like it might take a couple weeks. When you're requesting, you might want to request Michael Buble "Hollywood" too. Smile

I think the next 2 weeks are when we have our best opportunity to move. Things change quickly, but for now the songs below "Thank You" are not that much of a threat to pass it. With 2 or more songs going recurrent, we can move up just by holding in place. A syndicated spin next week would bump us up to the top 20. Now would be a good time for a final hard push on requests!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 6:35 am

"Thank You" has the same spin count as yesterday and holding at #23. It is 18 spins ahead of a new #24, Enrique Iglesias, and 24 spins behind #22.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:17 am

"Thank You" is down 3 spins. It is just 6 spins ahead of Enrique Iglesias at #24 and 23 spins behind #22.

Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 6:38 am

"Thank You" is down 3 more spins and has dropped to #24. It is 4 spins below Enrique Iglesias at #23, and 5 spins above Pink's old song at #25, with Pink's new song just 10 spins behind at #26. "Thank You" will go up one chart position on Sunday when Lady Gaga goes recurrent, so it could return to #23 if it isn't passed by either of the Pink songs.
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 am

ayayayyyyy! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 10:15 am

"Thank you" is up 2 spins and at #24 again, now down 10 spins from #23, and just 5 spins ahead of the new Pink song at #25, which appears to be moving up pretty fast now.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:35 am

"Thank You" is up 3 spins and holding at #24. Pink "Raise Your Glass" at #25 is just 2 spins behind, so I am crossing my fingers that "Thank You" stays in place another day so it can end the week back at #23 when Lady Gaga goes recurrent. Enrique Iglesias at #23 is 23 spins ahead.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 6:11 am

"Thank You" is up another 3 spins and once again with a positive bullet but currently sitting at #25. Lady Gaga is going recurrent today, so it will end the week at #24. Pink is 2 spins ahead at #24, and Neon Trees is 13 spins behind at #26.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 7:39 pm

As expected, Lady Gaga went recurrent this week, and "Thank You"'s position for the week is #24. Next week Daughtry "Life After You" will go recurrent.
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 am

UGH. I don't know how Pink is ahead. That song really stinks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 8:19 am

"Thank You" is at #24, but it is up 6 spins since yesterday, the biggest increase we've seen in almost two weeks. It is two spins behind Pink at #23, and 17 spins ahead of Neon Trees at #25.

I checked the number of spins for each added station, and there is some good news and bad news, and a mystery.

*Good news, Up 2 or more spins:
Lansing (10/7), Columbia (14/12), Huntsville (6/4)

*Bad news, Down 2 or more spins:
Spokane (10/13), Worcester (8/12), Memphis (13/15), Milwaukee (4/6)

*Mystery:
We are up 3 spins from last week, but down 1 spin overall in the added stations. This means that one or more unidentified stations has played the song four more times than the previous week. Since spins from unidentified stations has held pretty constant over the last six weeks or so, this may indicate a new station or one that has decided to increase its spins. It would be nice to get another add after two weeks without one. Let's see what happens today!

[Note to Christina: I haven't heard the new Pink song yet, but I feel the same way about that horrible Enrique Iglesias song. I'm surprised the AC stations are even playing it.]
Back to top Go down
Christina

Christina

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 11:42 pm

csprof wrote:
"[Note to Christina: I haven't heard the new Pink song yet, but I feel the same way about that horrible Enrique Iglesias song. I'm surprised the AC stations are even playing it.]

Totally agree! That song is terrible also! Yikes! Again, I don't understand how these terrible songs get so much airtime and good, legitimate artists don't. I'll never understand I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.com/ImKristinaMarie
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:05 am

"Thank You" is still at #24, but down 6 spins from yesterday. It is just 5 spins ahead of #25, which is now Plain White T's "Rhythm of Love", and just 7 spins ahead of #26 which is Neon Trees. It is now 9 spins behind Pink.

I posted this in another thread, but the mystery of yesterday was resolved with the add of the Richmond, VA station, which had played "Thank You" four times last week. Yay for a new add this late in the song's run on the chart! Today's big drop in spins results from no spins by Columbia or Shreveport yesterday instead of two from the week before, and one spin instead of two by Lansing and Springfield.

Some positive developments in the Top 10:
* Uncle Kracker was FINALLY pushed to #5 by Taylor Swift, and Michael Buble at #6 is climbing quickly. I don't know if Michael Buble can pass Uncle Kracker before Sunday to have another recurrent song, but I think it will definitely happen by end of next week.
* Bruno Mars pushed Katie Perry's "California Gurls" out of the Top 10! It doesn't help "Thank You", but I am just so glad to see that song on its way out the door.
* The Script is sitting solidly at #1. Train "Hey Soul Sister" is dropping rapidly in spins, as is Lady Antebellum "I Need You Now". Both songs will go recurrent as soon as they drop out of Top 5, but we'll need Bruno Mars and Daughtry "September" to grow enough to push them out, and that will take several weeks.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 am

I have no idea what this is, but according to twitter, "Thank You" made a Youtube playlist called "NxT 200", debuting at #196:

@wrestlgurl JIM BRICKMAN FEAT. MATT GIRAUD - THANK YOU at #196 on this week's NxT 200! *DEBUT* http://bit.ly/cujVOe

Also, it made a station playlist in Bali. Smile

I haven't been reporting this, but "Thank You" made its way up to #46 two weeks ago on Brian Mansfield's USA Today Idol Airplay chart (based on number spins for all Idol songs), but now is at #51 because of holiday music working its way up the chart.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 6:43 am

"Thank You" is up two spins and still at #24. Unfortunately, it is just one spin ahead of Plain White T's at #25, but it has increased its lead over Neon Trees at #26 and is now 9 spins ahead. Pink at #24 is now 12 spins ahead.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:47 am

"Thank You" is up a spin, but has dropped to #25 behind Plain White T's, who actually jumped ahead to #23. Pink at #24 is nine spins ahead. "Thank You" is still six spins ahead of Neon Trees at #26.

If "Thank You" holds this position, it will move up to last week's position or better on Sunday when at least one song goes recurrent.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:00 am

[I posted something that disappeared, so this may be a repeat.]

"Thank You" is up a spin and holding at #25. Pink at #24 is 10 spins ahead, and Neon Trees at #26 is five spins behind.

Because there are a bunch of songs just a few spins above "Thank You", a syndicated spin would push it up two or three positions. I wish Delilah would play it!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 8:34 am

"Thank You" is up another spin, but unfortunately is now at #26. Neon Trees at #25 took a big jump and is 6 spins ahead. It is 37 spins ahead of #27, so not going to drop another position again soon.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 6:52 am

"Thank You" is at #26 with the same spin count as yesterday. Pink at #25 is 11 spins ahead, and it is 39 spins ahead of Taio Cruz at #27. We'll end the week at #25 after Daughtry "Life After You" goes recurrent.

In other parts of the chart, Taylor Swift "Mine" is now #3, having bumped Lady Antebellum "I Need You Now", and Michael Buble looks poised to push Uncle Kracker out of the top 5 in the next week. On this evening's chart, we'll have Buble, Daughtry "September" and Bruno Mars in #6, #7, and #8, all growing rapidly and ready to move up into the Top 5 in the next few weeks.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Daughtry "Life After You" went recurrent, so "Thank You" ends the week at #25.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:27 am

"Thank You" is at #25, but down three spins. #26 is a safe 36 spins behind, and it is 18 spins behind Pink at #24.

In spite of its drop in chart position, "Thank You" had the best week it has had in 3 weeks. It just has a lot of competition right now. It was up 5 spins for the week, and many stations played it more than last week.

* Up by two or more spins:
Memphis (16/13), Spokane (12/10), Lansing (12/10), Richmond (6/4), Milwaukee (6/4), Seattle (5/3), Melbourne (4/2)

* Down by two or more spins:
Shreveport (8/10 ), Flint (6/8 ), Hartford (3/6), Wichita (dropped to 0 from 1)

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next