Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

"Thank You" on the charts

Go down 
+8
pasnthru
sgr91
mattyfan
cranberry
Jenna
Lisa_M
hazuki
csprof
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
csprof

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 7:28 am

"Thank You" remains at #24 but is up four more spins. It is two spins below #23 and two spins above #25. #20 is just 27 spins away.

Some other interesting things on the chart: #1 is Mariah Carey with her new song "Oh Santa". I read it is her first AC hit since 1996. #5 is the Glee Cast with "Last Christmas" and #10 is Katharine McPhee with "I'll Be Home for Christmas".
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 6:42 am

More fantastic news! "Thank You" is up nine more spins and is now at #22!!! It is ten spins below #21, and just thirteen spins below #20, the closest it has ever been to Top 20!!! Will it get there by Sunday???

I wrote this on another thread about Matt's radio interview yesterday, but the reason "Thank You" is doing so well in the holiday freeze is that they released a Christmas remix of "Thank You", and that seems to be the version that is getting most of the spins. Very clever! The new version has breathed new life into this song.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 am

How clever! The remix version is still Matt singing right. wonder if you can buy it on itunes? Wonder why Matt didn't mention it?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 8:57 am

Jenna,

Yes, the remix version is the same song, but the arrangement has a bells track added to make it sound Christmas-y, and the lyrics are slightly different:

"I don't want to let a Christmas Day, pass us by ..."

and something like:

"Love, love, that's what Christmas is about"

Sorry, can't remember the last one.

I tried to find it on ITunes but couldn't.

I didn't say this in my earlier post, but "Thank You" is doing amazingly well in terms of growth of spins. It has the third highest growth in spins this week (52) in the Top 40, only below #1 and #4, both holiday songs. I hope I don't regret saying this, but it is looking pretty likely it will hit Top 20 this week!

Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:08 am

I wonder when he recorded the new version? Maybe they always planned on doing this so they recorded it at the same time as the original one? Hmmm maybe he will sing christmas version during his christmas show. Too bad you can't buy it on itunes. Have you heard it csprof?
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 11:07 am

I just heard the song yesterday morning during the radio interview in Kalamazoo. Maybe there is a way to find it like we found the original song before it was released?

From what Matt said in the interview, it sounds like they recorded it more recently than the original recording. They might have wanted to see if the original song was going to make it on radio. However, I think this was in the back of their mind all along because I discovered yesterday that last year's Brickman hit had a Christmas version, and maybe that's how it made it to #4. I'm going to do more investigation of that to see where it was on the chart in early November.

It is a brilliant strategy because:
- many AC stations convert 100% to holiday music this time of year, so many loyal stations dropped it and the other non-holiday songs on the chart. Some are picking "Thank You" back up again.
- it has already been tested by radio audiences so PDs are willing to play it.
- it takes far fewer spins this time of year to get to the top of the chart.
- Jim is visiting radio stations right now while on tour, and radio stations that sponsor his concert might be inclined to play it to help sell tickets.

I don't know if Matt's upcoming concert is a factor, but Lansing is playing the new version of "Thank You" more than it ever did before (4 times yesterday), and I bet it will get a few spins from Tommy and Brook this week. So, probably Matt's concert promotional blitz is helping it too.
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 7:13 pm

I haven't tested this out, but it looks like you can download the Christmas version of "Thank You" from Jim Brickman's website.

http://www.jimbrickman.com/RadioShow/ChristmasCelebrationRadioSpecial/tabid/198/Default.aspx
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Yes, I downloaded it and listening to it now! Thank you, csprof!!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 6:47 am

Wake up, everybody! Matt has a Top 20 song!!!!!! Who's out there???

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Thank You" is at #20, up six spins from yesterday. It has the same spin count as #21, and is 28 spins below #19. It is 60 spins ahead of where it was a week ago, when it was #37!

To count, the song needs to be Top 20 on Sunday's official chart. I think it will hold, and there are two songs ahead of it that will be eligible to go recurrent so it might end up higher. The song started its big rise last Friday, though, so it will need to match Friday, Saturday and Sunday spin counts.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 8:40 am

Yay I'm so excited! Congrats Matt and Jim Brickman!!!! Top ten next?
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:02 am

Jenna,

Thanks for posting. I needed someone to share in my happy dance. Smile

It will be interesting to see what happens next. I think it will get an official Top 20 this week, and even that would be a huge milestone. I actually think Top 15 could happen, but I'm not sure about Top 10. But since he was at #37 a week ago, it is pretty hard to predict what's coming.

It is fun that Matt can brag about having a Top 20 song at his concert on Saturday! I hope the song can hang on until then.
Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 am

My heart is singing with Joy! Smile This is incredible news! Now I gotta find the Christmas Version to listen to. Keep Requesting for sure!

Congratulations Matt & Jim! rendeer
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 9:13 am

Top 15 would be amazing too Smile! This is such amazing news! I wish I could hear the Xmas version too Holley! Maybe me and Mary could try and get it played when driving to Rockford!!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:05 am

That is great news!!! santa
Back to top Go down
MaryM

MaryM

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:31 am

This is so so amazing!!! I am so proud of Matt!! Very Happy bounce cheers
Back to top Go down
mattyfan

mattyfan

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 11:51 am

bounce We didn't expect this comeback! Whoever/whatever is pushing the song, I hope it keeps on. Is Top 10 a long shot? I hope not! Yay for Matt!!!
Back to top Go down
Anthony

Anthony

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 12:27 pm

That's great and exciting since he can share that to everyone at his holiday concert. The link to Jim's site above does work and it's a free download of the xmas version of Thank You.. I am so happy for Matt.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reedant
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:32 am

"Thank You" is up four more spins, and looking more solid at #20. It is now twelve spins ahead of #21 (as opposed to zero spins yesterday), and 24 spins below #19. Since it was last Friday's chart that was the beginning of "Thank You"'s climb, I was concerned that it would not see growth in spins today. So, now that the song has passed that test, I am pretty confident it can stay at #20 for two more days. I am excited to see Sunday's chart!

Thank you, Jenna, Holley, cranberry, mattyfan and Anthony for your posts on this thread yesterday. I was so excited to be at #20 and wanted to share it with people!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 7:10 am

"Thank You" is up six more spins and still at #20. Unfortunately, there is a holiday song by Wilson Phillips at #21 that has taken a huge jump since yesterday and is just five spins behind. So, there is a good chance "Thank You" will drop to #21 tomorrow morning. Ugh! It could be a nail biter tomorrow because Katy Perry "California Gurls" at #19 is eligible to go recurrent tomorrow, and if it does, "Thank You" will be back at #20.

The good news is that Matt has bragging rights tonight at his concert that he has a Top 20 song. For those of you seeing him tonight, have a wonderful time!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 6:49 am

IT'S OFFICIAL! TOP 20!!!!

Unbelievably good news! "Thank You" is up 13 spins and is going to be officially a Top 20 song today! It is #20 now, but Katy Perry is eligible to go recurrent and so it could end the day at #19. I am not confident about this because the recurrent rules have been applied inconsistently during the holiday freeze. I'll post an update this afternoon if the song moves up.

Here are some more details. It is now a full 22 spins ahead of #21, the song that was just five spins behind yesterday, and it is just six spins behind #19. Also, "Thank You" is up 58 spins for the week and is one spin shy of DOUBLING its spin count from 10 days ago. It picked up three new stations yesterday. I'm expecting some adds tomorrow.

And here's something to look forward to. #15 is just FOURTEEN spins above. Let's keep "Thank You" moving up!!!
Back to top Go down
cranberry

cranberry

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 11:27 am

Yay!!! So exciting news csprof! Thanks again for keeping us updated!

"Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 Party0028

Back to top Go down
FTL14Holley

FTL14Holley

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 7:14 pm

Congratulations Matt on the Top 20! This is incredible news! We just all have to keep requesting & letting others know to request too!

Thanks so much CSProf for all your hard work on this! I love the updates and have no idea how any of this works...but love you for all you do!

Last night was pretty incredible! Driving home today was so very scary & snowy! Hope everyone has had made it home...drive was slow but what can you do... that is Michigan! Love you guys! I love you
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 am

"Thank You" is still at #20 but dropped two spins (no songs went recurrent yesterday). It is just four spins below #19, but #21 is now nine spins below, and #22 is moving up quickly too. It is sixteen spins below #15.

Looking at the 30 stations that have added the song, 19 of them played it this week. It is fun to see that three that had dropped it by the previous week picked it back up again. There are six other stations that played the song 19 times this week, so I think we'll see some adds. I know Cincinnati is playing the song daily now, and I am betting it will be an add.

Here are the stations that are playing the song 7 times are more -- these might be good candidates for requests.

Lansing (30 spins!), Columbia (15 spins), Burlington (15 spins), Hartford (12 spins), Denver (10 spins), Newburgh (10 spins), Memphis (10 spins), Flint (7 spins), Providence (7 spins)

And here are the three stations that picked the song back up this week. They could probably use some encouragement to keep playing the song.

Monterey-Salinas (2 spins, and hadn't played the song in 2 weeks)
Lafayette (just 1 spin, but hadn't played the song in 2 weeks)
Shreveport (just 1 spin, but used to play the song a lot up until a few weeks ago)

I'll post an update after adds are in, but it may not be until tomorrow morning.

[Note to Holley:] I'm so glad you are enjoying this thread. It is my pleasure to track this chart when things are going well like they are now. (It is less fun when the song is dropping.) I am so happy for Matt that he gets to claim he has a Top 20 song after hovering so close for months! You're right -- we need to request to get it to Top 15 this week. After the holidays are over, things will change rapidly and he may very well drop and go recurrent. So now is the time to request!
Back to top Go down
csprof

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:46 am

"Thank You" is up two spins and at #19! And it is ELEVEN spins away from #15. #18 is one spin away and #17 is just three spins away. Another exciting week to see if it can make Top 15!

Yesterday Portland, OR added the song, and had spun it 7 times last week. I expected an add in Cincinnati because I saw that it played the song 4 days, but it must have been one spin shy of an auto-add. There were 8 other spins of "Thank You" on four stations that are unaccounted for.

In other chart news, "Thank You" is going to be #19 on this week's reported Billboard chart, which means it hit Top 20 on both major charts! It hit #50 on Brian Mansfield's USA Today Idol Airplay Chart with a reported 316 spins. I am really curious what Mediabase stations in other formats played the song 149 times. This number of non-AC spins appears to be growing every week.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:30 am

wow csprof this is so much following your updates! I am so excited and happy for Matt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Thank You" on the charts   "Thank You" on the charts - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Thank You" on the charts
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next