Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!

Go down 
+8
crys7
mch
Lana
meagsmatt
Jenna
OvenMitt
Puppyeyes82
pebbles87
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
pebbles87

pebbles87

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! Empty
PostSubject: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Ok, you all know I'm good at over analyzing the crap out of all things American Idol. Well, this latest tweet has gotten me all in a tizzy and I've basically got myself convinced that Matt's the next to sign a record deal! Leah and I have been cooking up this theory lately. I've got a million thoughts in my brain and I want everyone to be positive... even though I could be completely wrong on all this!!!! lol

Anyway, it's no secret that the almighty Kradison would sign record deals. We knew Adam and Allison for a long time now (apparently Jive's been scoping out Ms. Iraheta and would have signed her regardless of where she placed--even 10th) and Kris won so he obviously gets a deal. Now, I'm thinking that there must have been some interest in Matt because like we all know, they'd be CRAZY not to be. But it's very rare that 19 signs 4 artists right after the show- and we knew Kradison was priority #1. What if 19 was interested in Matt but didn't know if they could take on 4 contestants. Basically on the fence with him. It is a bad time financially, and they've only ever taken 4 contestants once. He's proving more and more as the show keeps getting further behind him that he's talented. I've always wondered why Matt was the only person to tweet about the iTunes songs and personally asking to make it to 20,000 followers. I honestly didn't think he'd care how many people followed him on Twitter... So I thought what if this was a way to generate interest in himself to show that he is popular. Show that his songs are selling and that people are interested in following him. This would prove to 19 or any other label that he was worth the effort of signing on another contestant.

Now these tweets. They seem really optimistic, almost like he knows somethings up. I PROMISE to make good music SOON. And lately they've been really introspective... almost like he can't believe what's going on.... and Matt's an emotional guy... he seems too chipper to have just found out that 3 of his competitors got deals and he didn't....And now we get more articles that keep saying that Matt'll be next... it's obvious that people are taking notice.

And for the completely random out there theory nobody but me will believe (and I don't even think I believe it... it just popped into my head today).... like I said up post- I think they've been putting Matt and his fans to the test-- whether or not he was worth it. What if... here it goes... get my straight jacket... they canceled the finale duet to see how people would react- see how people felt about not having enough Matt in the show.... (ok, see I told you... CRAZY... I think it's just me STILL not getting over the snub)

OK... that was the most random and baseless of all my theories.... and you all probably think I've gone off my rocker... which I probably have but I've just got such a good feeling that Matt's got something... something good....
Back to top Go down
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:25 pm

I agree. He seems very happy and content with the status of things. His congrats to Kradison seemed very sincere (as opposed to Anoop's). I think something is brewing. I just finished reading the newly posted articles saying that Matt should be next. The authors could not have been any more positive about Matt. It's time!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 pm

You are officially my brain twin, Pebbles! I JUST posted that same theory about the "fan litmus test" on another thread. Creepy...! But I agree with what you've said here; maybe I'm deluded for thinking this is true, but at this point I don't really care. I've gone past the point of rational thinking when it comes to Matt. Now THAT'S creepy!

Anywho....I think it's mighty convenient that these articles are dropping in basically sequential order about the record deals. I mean, of course Kradam was a lock, and then Allison was a quick third on the list. But, save for that eyeroll-inducing (not to mention preposterous) declaration by Slezak about Anoop, the other articles posing this question have cited Matt as the only other logical choice to receive a record deal. I think that MTV article may have even been a direct retort to Slezak's article, as it firmly stated that Anoop had NO chance of getting a deal. Coincidence, or rivalry in the Idol blogosphere? You decide!
Also, consider this: both the Matt-touting articles have said things like "go out on a limb" or "if just ONE more could get a contract", as if the authors sense Matt's fate being in the balance, too. Not like it's a long-shot, but more like it's on the precipice of getting a green light but there are still some uncertainties. That's where Pebbles' "hair-brained" theory of the fanbase litmus test gathers more credibility.

19/Sony is a money-making behemoth, and they didn't get that way by signing on every Tom, Dick and Harry who can oodle pretty. There's strategies and marketing formulas involved with a company like this, and often marketability edges out talent. See Kellie Pickler and Kristy Lee Cook as the successful and less-so examples. I think there's a logic to the idea that the deciding factor with Matt is his ability to garner a loyal fanbase who will shell out for his music and concert tickets. His musical ability is not in question; it's whether he can move units and pack venues and maintain that appeal for a LONG time.
Another hitch may be Matt's patent refusal to remain a one-genre artist. That, however, I believe is secondary, because that can be viewed as "versitility" rather than "confusion", and be channeled into fusion albums and collaborations and duets with a wide variety of musicians. Heck, that very thing may be what the 19/Sony execs are wrestling with right now! Matt's chameleon-like way with music can be skewed negative or positive, depending on who's perceiving it. I'm banking on the idea that those bigwigs see things the way us fans do!

And you know, even if this 19/Sony thing turns out to be a bust, there's always good ol' Kara the Cougar and Warner Music Group!

(P.S.: Does anyone share my thinking that, if Kris hadn't won, this indecision about Matt wouldn't even be an issue? It's a waste of a contract IMO, and has raised the issue of whether or not the direct competition Matt would give Kris is worth the expense of writing up a contract for him. Damn cockroaches really make life unbearable for the rest of us!)
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Quote :
(P.S.: Does anyone share my thinking that, if Kris hadn't won, this indecision about Matt wouldn't even be an issue? It's a waste of a contract IMO, and has raised the issue of whether or not the direct competition Matt would give Kris is worth the expense of writing up a contract for him. Damn cockroaches really make life unbearable for the rest of us!)

If Kris wouldn't have won he would have never been signed.

Did everyone see that Colbie C. twittered Matt...they seemed to have sprung up a relationship pretty quickly. I'm starting to believe that he was the only Idol at John Mayer's private studio. This has to mean something good...right?
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:22 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
Ok, you all know I'm good at over analyzing the crap out of all things American Idol. Well, this latest tweet has gotten me all in a tizzy and I've basically got myself convinced that Matt's the next to sign a record deal! Leah and I have been cooking up this theory lately. I've got a million thoughts in my brain and I want everyone to be positive... even though I could be completely wrong on all this!!!! lol

Anyway, it's no secret that the almighty Kradison would sign record deals. We knew Adam and Allison for a long time now (apparently Jive's been scoping out Ms. Iraheta and would have signed her regardless of where she placed--even 10th) and Kris won so he obviously gets a deal. Now, I'm thinking that there must have been some interest in Matt because like we all know, they'd be CRAZY not to be. But it's very rare that 19 signs 4 artists right after the show- and we knew Kradison was priority #1. What if 19 was interested in Matt but didn't know if they could take on 4 contestants. Basically on the fence with him. It is a bad time financially, and they've only ever taken 4 contestants once. He's proving more and more as the show keeps getting further behind him that he's talented. I've always wondered why Matt was the only person to tweet about the iTunes songs and personally asking to make it to 20,000 followers. I honestly didn't think he'd care how many people followed him on Twitter... So I thought what if this was a way to generate interest in himself to show that he is popular. Show that his songs are selling and that people are interested in following him. This would prove to 19 or any other label that he was worth the effort of signing on another contestant.

Now these tweets. They seem really optimistic, almost like he knows somethings up. I PROMISE to make good music SOON. And lately they've been really introspective... almost like he can't believe what's going on.... and Matt's an emotional guy... he seems too chipper to have just found out that 3 of his competitors got deals and he didn't....And now we get more articles that keep saying that Matt'll be next... it's obvious that people are taking notice.

And for the completely random out there theory nobody but me will believe (and I don't even think I believe it... it just popped into my head today).... like I said up post- I think they've been putting Matt and his fans to the test-- whether or not he was worth it. What if... here it goes... get my straight jacket... they canceled the finale duet to see how people would react- see how people felt about not having enough Matt in the show.... (ok, see I told you... CRAZY... I think it's just me STILL not getting over the snub)

OK... that was the most random and baseless of all my theories.... and you all probably think I've gone off my rocker... which I probably have but I've just got such a good feeling that Matt's got something... something good....

Wow! You are such a deep thinker! You're still on your rocker for sure! You bring up very good points, though. The fact that his tweets have all been very positive and optimistic must mean something right? Especially with him throwing a hint or two in there. I certainly agree with your thoughts and HOPE they're all true. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks we'll be hearing a lot more good buzz about Matt : ) I hope, hope, hope, he's feeling really happy right now. Remember when he said that on Idol he had some of the happiest times of his life....I really hope they're continuing now, for both his sake and our's!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
meagsmatt

meagsmatt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:24 pm

P.S.: Does anyone share my thinking that, if Kris hadn't won, this indecision about Matt wouldn't even be an issue? It's a waste of a contract IMO, and has raised the issue of whether or not the direct competition Matt would give Kris is worth the expense of writing up a contract for him. Damn cockroaches really make life unbearable for the rest of us!)

Oh and if Kris hadn't won, even if he had placed as high as 3rd or 4th, I don't think they'd be jumping to get him a deal, and I think Matt would have definitely taken his place.
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:37 pm

Girl, I know.... we're weird in this in-sync with our thoughts kind of way! I totally agree with you that if Kris would have gotten any place lower than 2nd, he wouldn't have gotten a deal by 19, they're already treating him like Taylor Hicks and I feel kind of bad for the dude. And then that would have left room for Matt. Kris= cockroach... boo And I do think that his versatility had something to do with the hesitation... you're right it can be viewed either way- good or bad.

But I've been expanding on my analysis on these tweets. I've noticed that lately that he tweets more often and responds to other people more often too (I'm looking at you GiraudSquad184). They're also showing more of his personality, like the one about beatboxing and singing Mary Had A Little Lamb... that's Matty.... they're more him now.

And another thought/question I had in my brain... why was today Matt's first day of rehearsal when everyone else started Monday or Tuesday? Wouldn't he be with everyone else.... UNLESS they had something better for him to do? I don't know, maybe that's off base and I'd be interested to hear your theories on this.

And again another thought I had (I seriously think about this all day long) is why would they churn out these press releases so quickly? Why would they do them on 3 consecutive days? In the past, they've ALWAYS waited to announce these deals and spread them out over a course of about a month or so. I keep thinking it could be two things. 1) Yet more ways to undermine Kris... do people even remember his deal was announced after the RS, and Addison signings the following two days OR 2) They have too many contracts to announce to spread them out and still get them announced before tour. Maybe they have 4 or 5 (Matt and Megan?) that they need to announce.... hmmmm

But, anyway... I'm almost certain Matt's got a little trick up his sleeve. We need to have faith Giraud Squad... it's happening!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:39 pm

I agree I agree I agree!! I just came from Twitter (I went in pretty down because there is still no real buzz about Matt getting a deal) and now I am in such a good mood!! Just because Matt seems to be so happy!! I do believe that means something, because Matt is very emotional and something like not being considered by anyone for a deal would really get to him, and he is not the type that can hide being that upset.
I have also noticed a great increase in his tweets of late! it's like every couple hours there is something new from him, and he has thanked and appreciated his fans a few times (which also gets me excited!!) cheers
I actually did not even think about his sudden obsession to gain 20,000 followers until you guys just brought it up, and I wonder why it was such a big deal to him?? (more excitement!!) AAAANNNDDD he, colbie, and John Mayer seem to be getting pretty close (I get the feeling that very few people can come into contact with Matt and not want to be his friend) which makes me happy that he has solid contacts in the industry (I'm sure this also has to mean something to 19). Plus the sudden number of articles popping up creating buzz that Matt will or "should" be the next to be signed only spells good news on the horizen and further helps Matt's case if 19 is still in the "consideration" stage.
SO MUCH GOING ON!! But all in all, matt seems REALLY happy and carefree (Random tweets about pinkberries and rollercoasters!), it's almost like he is telling his fans to relax, it's being worked out and looks good!!
Something is on it's way... I know it Cool
Back to top Go down
mch

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:09 pm

I'm feeling so much better about Matt's chances after reading all this stuff today.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:32 pm

His latest twitter...

Quote :
As you can imagine, I'm very happy about this article thanks MTV

Damn it! Once again this sounds like he is not signed or fuckity shit even has prospects yet. Someone tell me I'm reading this wrong? Sorry for the language. Do I have to get my angst mode on again?

This waiting is going to kill me! I'm too old for this! By the time this is over I'll have complete gray hair at 34. I am not a patient person.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:36 pm

Okay, y'all know who my two least favorite Idols are. For those who don't I'll clarify: KRIS and DANNY.

Since I've already made my Kris rant for the day, that means it's time to dicuss the Gokester! Boo!

Well, this isn't an ACTUAL rant on Gokey as much as it is an interesting observation. Think waaaay back to the beginning of the finals. Gokey was pretty much at the top of the heap as far as recognition and popularity, as Adam was getting there yet hadn't quite reached his full fever-pitch. Notice that though Gokey maintained that popularity for a good three weeks, there came a point where the controversy over the pimping of his sob-story and his failure to top his early outstanding performances converged to work against him. It wasn't as obvious back then, as the judges were still routinely bowing at his feet regardless of how lackluster he performed. But Danny's trajectory was slowly creeping downwards, and the Scream On incident really pushed things over the edge. By the time he got the boot, all he had left were his hardcore fans, and a whole load of haters. Any folks who were on the fence about Gokey up until then were likely turned off by his ineptness during interviews, his abrupt switch of focus from his singing career to advertising his wife's namesake foundation, and, lest you think I'm being too kind, his completely douchy personality.

Now, contrast that journey with Matt's. We all know that while Matt was a producer favorite coming into the semis, the infamous Viva La Vida incident steered their plans for him drastically off-course. He had some proving himself to do coming into the finals, but he really rose to the challenge. Of course, the storied Bottom 2 tide-turn, the judges' fickleness towards him, the Save backlash, Matt's alleged nerves and viewer contempt for who they perceived as a symbol of TPTB manipulation pretty much turned the remainder of Matt's journey into a roller-coaster of desperation. Matt departed with little fanfare and lots of uncertainty amongst viewers and critics. But something happened after he left: he performed impeccably on his talk show appearances! He was charming and personable in interviews! People who were on the fence about Matt, who were skeptical about his talent and had misjudged his attitude, realized that Matt is, in actuality, a gifted musician with an infectious personality. Compound this with the fact that there was a pretty significant outcry over his grossly diminished presence in the finale, the impressive "lost duet", and the budding rapport with established artists in the music biz, and we can definitively conclude that Matt's trajectory has been solidly climbing upwards in the past month.

My point? It's this: These shifts in popularity between Danny and Matt are big red flags. We have heard so little about Danny receiving a recording contract, the buzz is practically nil. Yet there are more and more indicators that Matt may have a shot at one. It has to be a direct effect of these shifts. Danny is showing he has no appeal outside of Idol, while Matt is proving the opposite is true of himself. This is probably why those contracts that were doled out in sequential elimination order have noticibly bypassed Gokey. He's off the table, which means Matt could very well be on it.

There, I think I managed to be predictably long-winded yet not completly brutal in explaining my reasoning. One out of two ain't bad!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:37 pm

Well this is a nice comment from the drummer guy...

Quote :
Rehearsals are going well...Thanks for asking! After Kris, Matt came in and ran thru his tunes...Really nice and talented guy...
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:40 pm

This is what he said about Kris...

Quote :
First up for todays rehearsal is American Idol winner Kris...Seems to be really cool...He came and introduced himself (as if I didn't know)☺️

Yesterday he was extremely excited about Adam poser and Allison. I'm guessing by this last tweet it was a Matt fan who asked him how rehearsal went today. So who was it?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:43 pm

Jenna wrote:

Quote :
Rehearsals are going well...Thanks for asking! After Kris, Matt came in and ran thru his tunes...Really nice and talented guy...

How ya feeling, Jenna? Do I need to talk you down off your ledge, or are you receiving those positive vibes I'm sending out to you?
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Quote :

How ya feeling, Jenna? Do I need to talk you down off your ledge, or are you receiving those positive vibes I'm sending out to you?

LOL not completely on the ledge yet...oh okay I'm on the ledge but I'm not prepared to jump yet. I did however just read your last post so I'm feeling a little better. I now only have one foot on the ledge...LOL

I think this wouldn't be so hard for me if I didn't have experience with all this crap from Constantine's fandom. But I have to admit Matt is not an ass and he is way more talented than Constantine so I'm trying to forget all that and just tell myself Matt is amazing and there definitely has to be people interested in him.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:54 pm

Quote :
I'm guessing by this last tweet it was a Matt fan who asked him how rehearsal went today. So who was it?

LOL I am quoting myself. It definitely was not a Matt fan who asked him how rehearsal went...

http://twitter.com/jaymojones
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Okay, y'all know who my two least favorite Idols are. For those who don't I'll clarify: KRIS and DANNY.

My point? It's this: These shifts in popularity between Danny and Matt are big red flags. We have heard so little about Danny receiving a recording contract, the buzz is practically nil. Yet there are more and more indicators that Matt may have a shot at one. It has to be a direct effect of these shifts. Danny is showing he has no appeal outside of Idol, while Matt is proving the opposite is true of himself. This is probably why those contracts that were doled out in sequential elimination order have noticibly bypassed Gokey. He's off the table, which means Matt could very well be on it.

There, I think I managed to be predictably long-winded yet not completly brutal in explaining my reasoning. One out of two ain't bad!

Yep, you're completely right here. I'm beginning to get the feeling that Gokey was held on the show mostly for the backstory and the fact that he had a large (albeit stupid, IMO) fanbase. I don't think they ever had any intention of signing him unless he miraculously won. Which if it were a Adam/Gokey finale.. Adam would've won. If every other contestants fans could see him as the next Taylor Hicks (i.e. not musical direction, dumb fanbase, stupidity on stage, among many other things) why wouldn't the producers, a.k.a. the people who actually know a thing or two about the music industry see it too? And he's proving himself to be a complete media illiterate, bad interview, and an overall douche. If he gets a record deal from ANY major company, I'll personally eat one of Matt's fedoras!!!!

And the latest tweet... well I feel like this is another one of those cryptic tweets he's been so famous for. I think, and maybe this is just the inner fangirl optimism coming to fruition, that he's getting people to start thinking record deal... like almost saying "ok, they think I should be signed next and so should you" so when he is (cuz I really still feel like he has) we were already thinking it! Fear Not Jenna!! It's happening....
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:05 pm

Jenna wrote:
OvenMitt wrote:
Jenna wrote:

Quote :

LOL not completely on the ledge yet...oh okay I'm on the ledge but I'm not prepared to jump yet. I did however just read your last post so I'm feeling a little better. I now only have one foot on the ledge...LOL

I think this wouldn't be so hard for me if I didn't have experience with all this crap from Constantine's fandom. But I have to admit Matt is not an ass and he is way more talented than Constantine so I'm trying to forget all that and just tell myself Matt is amazing and there definitely has to be people interested in him.
Okay, as long as i don't have to grab a guitar and strum an impromptu rendition of "Jumper" a la Jim Carrey in Yes-Man, then I'll consider you stable!Wink
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 pm

OvenMitt wrote:

But, save for that eyeroll-inducing (not to mention preposterous) declaration by Slezak about Anoop, the other articles posing this question have cited Matt as the only other logical choice to receive a record deal. I think that MTV article may have even been a direct retort to Slezak's article, as it firmly stated that Anoop had NO chance of getting a deal. Coincidence, or rivalry in the Idol blogosphere? You decide!

Haha! Did you catch the tweet he sent to slezak today?

Quote :
@EWMichaelSlezak coconut and chocolate shavings..congrats to your rocker!! now michael, anyone else you're pulling for??? Smile ha. much love

Git 'em Matty!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:52 pm

Quote :

Haha! Did you catch the tweet he sent to slezak today?

Quote :
@EWMichaelSlezak coconut and chocolate shavings..congrats to your rocker!! now michael, anyone else you're pulling for??? Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! Icon_smile ha. much love

Git 'em Matty!

Ha.. I noticed that tweet to Slezak too. I take this as he might surprise him being the next Idol signed! I sure hope so...
Man, I am now thinking it might happen. Please record executives give Matty G a chance. HE will sell TONS of records. I just know it.
With the right producers, songwriters and direction he will be a success.

I am keeping my hopes up with all this recent buzz.
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:35 am

OvenMitt wrote:

1) 19/Sony is a money-making behemoth,
Another hitch may be Matt's patent refusal to remain a one-genre artist. That, however, I believe is secondary, because that can be viewed as "versitility" rather than "confusion", and be channeled into fusion albums and collaborations and duets with a wide variety of musicians. Heck, that very thing may be what the 19/Sony execs are wrestling with right now! Matt's chameleon-like way with music can be skewed negative or positive, depending on who's perceiving it. I'm banking on the idea that those bigwigs see things the way us fans do!

2) And you know, even if this 19/Sony thing turns out to be a bust, there's always good ol' Kara the Cougar and Warner Music Group!

Point #1:

I think Matt's versatility is definitely a plus for him. Especially for trends in music today. I've noticed that everything is all mixed up genre-wise anyway. Just look @ that guy Kevin Rudolf feat Lil' Wayne - combo of rock & hip-hop (I don't really like that song but it's just an example); John Mayer & Alicia Keys-blues/rock/r&b; Kanye West & Adam Levine-hip-hop/rock, Rhianna & Maroon 5 pop/r&b/rock.

If 19 wants to make money w/ Matt, they'll be smart to keep him around cause he can work w/ so many different artists in music who are already established. This can garner him new fans and sell tons of records b/c most people will listen to new songs if their favorite artist's name is attached to it.
Side note: I think my dream duet for Matt would be him and Joss Stone *Loves it!*

Point #2:
LMAO again...Ovenmitt you and the names you come up with!
Back to top Go down
Lana

Lana

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:23 pm

I'm getting kinda discouraged guys... It's been a while since they announced Allison being signed, and news of collaborators for songs for all 3 signed are being leaked... it feels like 19 is moving forward and unfortunately will not sign anyone else Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Lana wrote:
I'm getting kinda discouraged guys... It's been a while since they announced Allison being signed, and news of collaborators for songs for all 3 signed are being leaked... it feels like 19 is moving forward and unfortunately will not sign anyone else Crying or Very sad

You know what? If 19 indeed does not sign anyone else this year, I really think it will be for the best. Then Matt can have an opportunity to make an album on another label who will be more nurturing and appreciative of his talent. He got alot of flak on Idol: it seemed like he couldn't do any right. So, if he can move on and be a success on his own terms rather than someone else's, more power to him! Anyway, Warner is still an option.....
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:45 pm

Lana wrote:

I know it sucks that there has been little to no indication that Matt's got a deal with 19. And it has seemed to be exceptionally fast for the announcements, but just remember this: Kris and Adam's were announced pretty much on schedule for the winner/runner up from previous seasons. And if you read the press release for Allison's deal it essentially says that Jive was going to offer her a contract pretty much from the beginning of the competition--- so her contract and all other issues that have to be worked out before the deal is done and announced were probably finished the day after she was eliminated. In all other seasons, the other contestants (non-winner and runner up) that got deals were not announced until mid-July. If the calender hits August and still no news---- then I'd say Matt has to look elsewhere. Until then, keep your fingers crossed and pray someone big out there's giving him a chance!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:55 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
Lana wrote:

You know what? If 19 indeed does not sign anyone else this year, I really think it will be for the best. Then Matt can have an opportunity to make an album on another label who will be more nurturing and appreciative of his talent. He got alot of flak on Idol: it seemed like he couldn't do any right. So, if he can move on and be a success on his own terms rather than someone else's, more power to him! Anyway, Warner is still an option.....

I have been saying this since the record label debate began. Yes 19Evil can push these Idol's careers to the forefront but IMO there have been just as many failures as there has been winners. 19Evil will drop you just as fast as they sign you. They are all about making a quick buck off these Idols and then throwing them under the bus when they are done with them. They also don't spread the attention evenly to all of their clients. Some like Adam they push constantly and others they kind of give a half hearted attempt...like Kristie Lee Cook. I'd much rather Matt go off on his own and find success than to be signed and then thrown under the bus by 19Evil because then he'd be labeled a failure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next