Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!

Go down 
+8
crys7
mch
Lana
meagsmatt
Jenna
OvenMitt
Puppyeyes82
pebbles87
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ShellBen

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:59 pm

I still think it's way too soon to get discouraged. I've noticed more and more fans getting concerned every time Matt seems to be doing something that doesn't involve record deal business. I honestly feel like we're all gonna have to be really patient when it comes to his career. If Matt isn't signed right at this very second, it's not the end. A signing could happen soon, I totally think he's got the best shot out of the remaining idols....but there's also a huge chance that it won't happen until after the tour is over. I don't wanna see Matt's fans begin to lose faith in him if the tour starts and he still isn't signed, because that's most likely gonna be the case. Hell, even if he still isn't signed for several months after the tour is over. Jason Castro for example, took an entire year.

Also, the signing is only the first step. I'm a little tired of people acting like the three major label signees have already made it, while the others are failures. The way I see it, all ten of these kids futures are still unknown. A lot rests on the material they produce...not who is signed now, who's signed later, who's signed major, who's signed indie, etc. Any one of these idols can either fall back into obscurity or become superstars. I was reading an interview with Anoop and I have to quote him on it because he said it best:

Quote :

A lot of the people we work with now have paid their dues and just now they're breaking out. It's a weird industry and there really is no rule. It's full of exceptions and all you can do is hope to be one of them, I guess.

For me, I'm really not worried about Matt right now. If he lands a deal in the next couple weeks, amazing. If he doesn't...eh, it's too soon to freak out about it. As a fan, what I'm focused on now is the fact that he gets to do 50 shows over the next couple of months where he can start honing his skills as an entertainer. I can sense how passionately he feels about this opportunity, so all I can do for the time being is be excited for him. Smile
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:32 pm

ShellBen wrote:
I still think it's way too soon to get discouraged. I've noticed more and more fans getting concerned every time Matt seems to be doing something that doesn't involve record deal business. I honestly feel like we're all gonna have to be really patient when it comes to his career. If Matt isn't signed right at this very second, it's not the end. A signing could happen soon, I totally think he's got the best shot out of the remaining idols....but there's also a huge chance that it won't happen until after the tour is over. I don't wanna see Matt's fans begin to lose faith in him if the tour starts and he still isn't signed, because that's most likely gonna be the case. Hell, even if he still isn't signed for several months after the tour is over. Jason Castro for example, took an entire year.

Also, the signing is only the first step. I'm a little tired of people acting like the three major label signees have already made it, while the others are failures. The way I see it, all ten of these kids futures are still unknown. A lot rests on the material they produce...not who is signed now, who's signed later, who's signed major, who's signed indie, etc. Any one of these idols can either fall back into obscurity or become superstars. I was reading an interview with Anoop and I have to quote him on it because he said it best:

Quote :

A lot of the people we work with now have paid their dues and just now they're breaking out. It's a weird industry and there really is no rule. It's full of exceptions and all you can do is hope to be one of them, I guess.

For me, I'm really not worried about Matt right now. If he lands a deal in the next couple weeks, amazing. If he doesn't...eh, it's too soon to freak out about it. As a fan, what I'm focused on now is the fact that he gets to do 50 shows over the next couple of months where he can start honing his skills as an entertainer. I can sense how passionately he feels about this opportunity, so all I can do for the time being is be excited for him. Smile

AMEN!!!!!
cheers

Absolutely everything you just said is perfect.... BRAVO!
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:44 pm

pebbles87 wrote:
Lana wrote:
I'm getting kinda discouraged guys... It's been a while since they announced Allison being signed, and news of collaborators for songs for all 3 signed are being leaked... it feels like 19 is moving forward and unfortunately will not sign anyone else Crying or Very sad

I know it sucks that there has been little to no indication that Matt's got a deal with 19. And it has seemed to be exceptionally fast for the announcements, but just remember this: Kris and Adam's were announced pretty much on schedule for the winner/runner up from previous seasons. And if you read the press release for Allison's deal it essentially says that Jive was going to offer her a contract pretty much from the beginning of the competition--- so her contract and all other issues that have to be worked out before the deal is done and announced were probably finished the day after she was eliminated. In all other seasons, the other contestants (non-winner and runner up) that got deals were not announced until mid-July. If the calender hits August and still no news---- then I'd say Matt has to look elsewhere. Until then, keep your fingers crossed and pray someone big out there's giving him a chance!

You know, I was kinda getting very discouraged with all of Matt's twits. Apparently he is having too many off days to have something cooking. Sigh..

As you said, I still have hopes until Mid July about 19, but after that I guess Matt is on his own.
I agree about 19 only promoting well some of them, but at the same time all past finalists who have gone indie or with a smaller labels fail to sell records and then are forgotten. They also don't get much radio play if any.

I don't want that happening to Matt.

Matt is special and super talented. More than so many past Idol non-winners. I hope another major grabs after the tour if a deal with Sony doesn't work out. He deserves a shot!

I can't believe he is not having meetings with Kara at least.I just can't believe that he hasn't had even one meeting regarding offers on the table.

It seems to be he spends way too much time on Twitter and doing random stuff than attending phone calls or meetings. But what do I know?
Let's all pray for the best and hopefully someone major indeed gives him a chance soon.

Last edited by mattyg93 on Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:56 pm

pebbles87 wrote:

I know it sucks that there has been little to no indication that Matt's got a deal with 19. And it has seemed to be exceptionally fast for the announcements, but just remember this: Kris and Adam's were announced pretty much on schedule for the winner/runner up from previous seasons. And if you read the press release for Allison's deal it essentially says that Jive was going to offer her a contract pretty much from the beginning of the competition--- so her contract and all other issues that have to be worked out before the deal is done and announced were probably finished the day after she was eliminated. In all other seasons, the other contestants (non-winner and runner up) that got deals were not announced until mid-July. If the calender hits August and still no news---- then I'd say Matt has to look elsewhere. Until then, keep your fingers crossed and pray someone big out there's giving him a chance!

This part of your post sparked my memory. I could swear I recalled reading a blurb right around the finale about how the Top 4 all had contracts written up that were just waiting to be signed. (Gimme a shoutout if any of you remember this, and perhaps can even cite the article) I recall this because it made my heart sink deeply, especially after Matt's finale snub. That's it, I thought, Matt is out like trout. They just gave the hell up on him.

So, if there was any credence to that information, then where did Danny's record deal fly away to? Did it spontaneously combust? Was it teleported by aliens to a distant galaxy yet to be discovered by us nimrod Earthlings? I know I didn't dream that statement, so something must have happened between then and now. Now, I'm not a rocket scientist, but if things were supposedly so cut-and-dry back then, and now, no Gokey deal announcement, what changed?

I posted my theory about the trajectory switcheroo between Danny and Matt upthread, and since it's a tad long (not to mention narcissistic to quote your own writing), I'll just say that I think that may be a real possibility. That little window of time between when Matt got eliminated and the show ended was really the moment when Danny's slide and Matt's rise became evident. If I can see it, if y'all can see it, maybe TPTB saw it, too, and have been reconsidering things. Again, this is totally my own skewed brain concocting this scenario, but who knows? It could be true! And anyway, I gotta keep spirits up by offering up as much positive food for thought as I can. That's why we're here, after all: Matt needs fans who'll believe in him!
Back to top Go down
ShellBen

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:01 pm

Quote :
I just can't believe that he hasn't had even one meeting regarding offers on the table.
It seems to be he spends way too much time on Twitter and doing random stuff than attending phone calls or meetings. But what do I know?

If he's not getting signed right now, this is the next best thing he can be doing. He's not just wasting his time, he's keeping his fans close and interested. That's why I don't get it when some people (not necessarily talking about you) act like the others are losers for using their twitters instead of going to meetings like the other three are. IMO, it's pretty damn smart. The internet can play a big part in keeping up a fanbase. Someone like Lil, for example, is not maintaining hers right now. Megan's buzz seems to be dying down as well.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:08 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

You know, I was kinda getting very discourages with all of Matt's twits. Apparently he is having too many off days to have something cooking. Sigh..

As you said, I still have hopes until Mid July about 19 but after that I guess Matt is on his own.
I agree about 19 only promoting some of them, but at the same time all past finalists who have gone indie or with a smaller label fail to sell records and then are forgotten.
I don't want that happening to Matt.

Matt i is so special and talented that I hope another major grabs after the tour if a deal with Sony doesn't work out. He deserves a shot! I can't believe he is not having meetings with Kara at least.

I just can't believe that he hasn't had even one meeting regarding offers on the table.
Let's all pray for the best and hopefully someone major indeed gives him a chance.

Okay, here I come, charging through with my relentless optimism!

Maybe the reason Matt hasn't told us he's in meetings is because he's not supposed to talk about the kind of meetings he's having. Maybe he IS having meetings about a possible deal, and has been instructed to zip his lip about them. Maybe.

And maybe Matt is tweeting so much because he wants to communicate with and give something back to his fans. Maybe he feels that's the least he can do for us since we have supported him so fervently. Maybe.

And maybe Matt is frolicking around, going to dinner and Disneyland, taking goofy pictures and etcetera because he's ecstatic about his life and his good fortune. I don't know many people who'd be depressed and downtrodden to be recognized for their talents and get paid bank to do what they love to do. Wouldn't make me a bit sad if it were me!

As for Kara, I'd (almost) bet my first-born child that, if Matt doesn't get a deal with 19/Sony, she'll be calling him about two seconds after his contract expires to schedule negociations between him and Warner. So don't get sad, my friends, it's gonna be fine, no matter what happens!
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:11 pm

ShellBen wrote:
Quote :

If he's not getting signed right now, this is the next best thing he can be doing. He's not just wasting his time, he's keeping his fans close and interested. That's why I don't get it when some people (not necessarily talking about you) act like the others are losers for using their twitters instead of going to meetings like the other three are. IMO, it's pretty damn smart. The internet can play a big part in keeping up a fanbase. Someone like Lil, for example, is not maintaining hers right now. Megan's buzz seems to be dying down as well.

That's so true! If you want that young fanbase, you gotta tap the internet. It's your most effective resource with that demographic. Just ask Barack Obama how well utilizing the internet worked for his campaign!
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:30 pm

OvenMitt wrote:
ShellBen wrote:
Quote :

That's so true! If you want that young fanbase, you gotta tap the internet. It's your most effective resource with that demographic. Just ask Barack Obama how well utilizing the internet worked for his campaign!

Yes! Matt tweets a few times a day, it may take him 15 minutes for all of that. I don't want him sitting around wringing his hands waiting for a phone call. We all love his exuberance and fun loving personality and he is at Disneyland right now!

I am sure it is hard for him to see the others going off to the studio but he is handling it with aplomb. (I have never used that word, hope it is right!) He has said he is willing to pay his dues first. His time will come! I know it!

And aren't his tweets the best? His cute personality shine through. I love them.
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:32 pm

Quote :
A signing could happen soon, I totally think he's got the best shot out of the remaining idols....but there's also a huge chance that it won't happen until after the tour is over. I don't wanna see Matt's fans begin to lose faith in him if the tour starts and he still isn't signed, because that's most likely gonna be the case. Hell, even if he still isn't signed for several months after the tour is over. Jason Castro for example, took an entire year

I don't know about anyone else but I won't be going any where even if he never gets signed. As long as he is putting out music and performing I will be his fan with or without the almighty record deal.

Quote :

This is so important. I can't tell you how nervous I get when we have a slow day here and no one is talking or the visit count is down. I am a worrier it's what I do best...LOL! So everytime it's slow I think shit people are forgetting about him. It is so important that Matt communicates with his fans. I would love it if he would blog! How are we supposed to care if Matt doesn't care enough about his fans to keep them interested? Fans are even more important right now for him than a record deal. Without us who does he have for an audience? His twitters and the glimpse he gives us of his passion and desire for a music career has only made my respect for him as a musician grow and my desire to be his fan stronger. I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks this?

What really amazes me is that out of all the Idol's on twitter he is the only one that talks about music. Danny talks about his foundation. Anoop talks about sports. Michael's twitter is a place of worship. Scott is either saying he is in meetings or letting everyone know he is at the gym. Matt is clearly a musician at heart and I do believe that this is what will give him the leg up in having a longevity in the music industry even more so than the three just signed. All of this is why I am his fan and am so devoted!
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Puppyeyes82

Puppyeyes82

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:43 pm

What really amazes me is that out of all the Idol's on twitter he is the only one that talks about music. Danny talks about his foundation. Anoop talks about sports. Michael's twitter is a place of worship. Scott is either saying he is in meetings or letting everyone know he is at the gym. Matt is clearly a musician at heart and I do believe that this is what will give him the leg up in having a longevity in the music industry even more so than the three just signed. All of this is why I am his fan and am so devoted![/quote]

So true.....his tweets are far more interesting and relevant than his fellow idol contestants. He's all about the music and the fans.....no pretentions, just Matt.....the same Matt we have all come to love, admire and respect.
Back to top Go down
mattyg93

mattyg93

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:54 pm

Jenna wrote:
Quote :
A signing could happen soon, I totally think he's got the best shot out of the remaining idols....but there's also a huge chance that it won't happen until after the tour is over. I don't wanna see Matt's fans begin to lose faith in him if the tour starts and he still isn't signed, because that's most likely gonna be the case. Hell, even if he still isn't signed for several months after the tour is over. Jason Castro for example, took an entire year

I don't know about anyone else but I won't be going any where even if he never gets signed. As long as he is putting out music and performing I will be his fan with or without the almighty record deal.

Quote :

This is so important. I can't tell you how nervous I get when we have a slow day here and no one is talking or the visit count is down. I am a worrier it's what I do best...LOL! So everytime it's slow I think shit people are forgetting about him. It is so important that Matt communicates with his fans. I would love it if he would blog! How are we supposed to care if Matt doesn't care enough about his fans to keep them interested? Fans are even more important right now for him than a record deal. Without us who does he have for an audience? His twitters and the glimpse he gives us of his passion and desire for a music career has only made my respect for him as a musician grow and my desire to be his fan stronger. I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks this?

What really amazes me is that out of all the Idol's on twitter he is the only one that talks about music. Danny talks about his foundation. Anoop talks about sports. Michael's twitter is a place of worship. Scott is either saying he is in meetings or letting everyone know he is at the gym. Matt is clearly a musician at heart and I do believe that this is what will give him the leg up in having a longevity in the music industry even more so than the three just signed. All of this is why I am his fan and am so devoted!

Believe me I will be here until he gets signed this year or the next.
It's just that I still want to believe someone out there has some interest in him. As I said I can't believe no one is. Even MTV said he should get signed next so I am going to believe he will.
I just have this 99.99% feeling that 19 already signed who they want to sign.
Besides there are many hints already that prove they don't want him.
Adam, Kris and Allison are signed and they don't have twitter accounts. All the other guys have twitter accounts and they are NOT signed. So there you go.

Also, the finale thing totally show me they don't care for Matt at all. As simple as that.

We will have to wait and wait. Enjoy the tour and his set and then back to waiting. Hopefully as OvenMitt said Warner will be interested and Kara will help. It's the only hope now.

I know he will have a career nevertheless, but you have to admit the success track of idol who have not signed with major labels is not very promising.
The only one is Elliott and even him is struggling with his new record.

Jennifer Hudson got a record deal but only after she won an Oscar for her "Dreamgirls" performance. And it was with a major label.

If only Matt would sign with Universal or Columbia Records like Colbie and John Mayer. That's another hope. IS Columbia part of the Sony/BMG enterprise? I am not sure.

This wait is going to be so hard.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:15 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Believe me I will be here until he gets signed this year or the next.
It's just that I still want to believe someone out there has some interest in him. As I said I can't believe no one is. Even MTV said he should get signed next so I am going to believe he will.
I just have this 99.99% feeling that 19 already signed who they want to sign.
Besides there are many hints already that prove they don't want him.
Adam, Kris and Allison are signed and they don't have twitter accounts. All the other guys have twitter accounts and they are NOT signed. So there you go.

Also, the finale thing totally show me they don't care for Matt at all. As simple as that.

We will have to wait and wait. Enjoy the tour and his set and then back to waiting. Hopefully as OvenMitt said Warner will be interested and Kara will help. It's the only hope now.

I know he will have a career nevertheless, but you have to admit the success track of idol who have not signed with major labels is not very promising.
The only one is Elliott and even him is struggling with his new record.

Jennifer Hudson got a record deal but only after she won an Oscar for her "Dreamgirls" performance. And it was with a major label.

If only Matt would sign with Universal or Columbia Records like Colbie and John Mayer. That's another hope. IS Columbia part of the Sony/BMG enterprise? I am not sure.
This wait is going to be so hard.

Yes, Columbia is in fact a subsidiary of Sony. Sony owns about 1/4 of the entire music industry, and has many labels. Pretty much every performer and mentor you see on Idol is affiliated with some branch of Sony. Even most of the songs performed by the contestants are from Sony artists.

What I find interesting is Matt's connection with Colbie. She's on a Warner label....you-know-who works for them.(Oh crap, sidenote!: The Fray just came on tv doing a PSA for Save The Music. Creepy!)Could it be that Kara had something to do with that jam session Matt had with her? Or the John Mayer concert they attended together? Hmm.....
Also funny is that, even though Kara is employed by Warner, she has written songs for and collaborated with several Sony label artists (and is a judge on Idol, for Pete's sake!). It's all one big, forgive my language, clusterfuck of bigwigs and connections and name-dropping in this biz. I can't help but think that something's cooking with another major label. Kara was steadfastly in Matt's corner from minute one, despite her occasional criticisms of him on the show. She stated point-blank that she knew she'd save him even before he sang that night. And, she told him that he had a brilliant career ahead of him and that she'd be watching over him when he got eliminated. She even said Matt was her favorite contestant on, I believe, the Ellen show. So, y'all can see where I'm going with this: Matt will get an offer. Who cares if it's not with 19/Sony? Who cares if it's not TODAY? For all we know, Warner has locked horns with 19/Sony because they want them to release Matt from his contract early so they can snatch him up. Maybe Matt's kicking back because he knows he's gold no matter who wins that battle. Maybe. Now THAT'S a wonderful, thought, is't it?
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:46 am

I want to put my two cents in on a few topics. First, the twitter account. Whoever said (I think it was ShellBen) that this was a great way for him to keep his fans interested is absolutely correct. I literally giggled aloud when he just tweeted that he mooed in a crowd. Seriously the kid is freakin adorable and if anyone can keep his fans interested through tweets, it's Matt. And also I think an important thing to remember is that the three contestants who don't have twitter do not have twitters because their deals were most likely done BEFORE they were allowed to have twitter accounts from their time on the show. (Remember that Matt's myspace and facebook accounts weren't back up and running til roughly 1.5 weeks after he was eliminated.) If Matt has a record deal in the works now (which we definitely do not know one way or another---I just choose to believe he has SOMETHING... regardless of whether it's with 19 or someone else)and didn't when he got the twitter account, it'd be awfully suspicious if it up and disappeared. You can't give someone the allowance to do this and then tell them to take it down. 20,000 people would know somethings up.

I also tend to analyze his tweets like a textbook. I think he chooses to tweet fun things and stuff that has to do with music. Nobody gives a crap that Scott is in meetings (which is pretty much the only thing he tweets nowadays--what he's in meetings for I'll never know!). Nobody cares about Sarver's opinions on a multitude of subjects. Nobody cares about half the douchey crap Danny tweets every day. Matt probably doesn't deem it necessary to bore his fans.He knows that we would all be happy for him that he's at Disneyworld because he loves it. He knows that we're interested in how tour rehearsals are going. We don't know that he's not been in meetings, making phone calls, or even been in the studio working on stuff. We're not there with him. With the amount he tweets, it takes 45 minutes out of his day (maybe even less) to do that. And most of it is done from his phone-which makes me think he isn't in his hotel room. He's not just sitting around drinking lemonade (haha). I choose to think that A) he was advised not to talk about things like that and B) he just wants his fans to see the fun he's having--- not make them irritated after every tweet.

And let's remember that we don't know if the 3 of them don't have twitter accounts because they have signed deals... it could just be coincidence and Lil doesn't have one either--- and I'll bet my left foot she doesn't have a deal with 19.

Another thing I want to weigh in on is everyone's favorite cougar, Kara. Honestly, we can have our opinions about her and her time on the show so far, but she is the single best change that happened on the show for Matt. Even more than the Wildcard and the Save which directly benefited him. (because remember Matt was Kara's 1st Wildcard choice and she explicitly stated she'd save him before singing) Kara, in her own way, gave the contestants the best advice. I've actually gone back and re-watched every performance several times and (I could really be objective now) she was mostly right with Matt. (with the exception of My Funny Valentine--- I think she was even right with HYERLAW and somewhat with YFM) She never plainly told him it sucked(liked Simon), she always added a piece of very useful advice for him to ponder. And like Leah has been saying, she's the VP at Warner. She's always had Matt at the forefront of her mind while he was on the show--- and I'm sure that hasn't changed now that he's off it.

Which comes to my last point-- the Colbie thing. Like Leah said, I don't for a second think the little "celebrity duet" he did with her, and the Mayer/Swift concert they attended together was at all coincidence. I just can't get out of my mind that that was set up by someone. And then again a couple of days ago, Matt facebooked that he was in John Mayer's personal recording studio. (which, if you'll noticed NOBODY else mentioned--- I would think that if any of the other idols were there-- they'd want the freakin world to know it!) I really don't think that any of this was just for fun. It's all about connections in that town and out of all the idols this side of Kradison (and maybe even moreso than them) he's making some damn good friends in some pretty high places. Say it with me: HE'S GOING TO BE FINE!!!!
Back to top Go down
crys7

crys7

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:59 am

pebbles87 wrote:
I want to put my two cents in on a few topics. First, the twitter account. Whoever said (I think it was ShellBen) that this was a great way for him to keep his fans interested is absolutely correct. I literally giggled aloud when he just tweeted that he mooed in a crowd. Seriously the kid is freakin adorable and if anyone can keep his fans interested through tweets, it's Matt. And also I think an important thing to remember is that the three contestants who don't have twitter do not have twitters because their deals were most likely done BEFORE they were allowed to have twitter accounts from their time on the show. (Remember that Matt's myspace and facebook accounts weren't back up and running til roughly 1.5 weeks after he was eliminated.) If Matt has a record deal in the works now (which we definitely do not know one way or another---I just choose to believe he has SOMETHING... regardless of whether it's with 19 or someone else)and didn't when he got the twitter account, it'd be awfully suspicious if it up and disappeared. You can't give someone the allowance to do this and then tell them to take it down. 20,000 people would know somethings up.

I also tend to analyze his tweets like a textbook. I think he chooses to tweet fun things and stuff that has to do with music. Nobody gives a crap that Scott is in meetings (which is pretty much the only thing he tweets nowadays--what he's in meetings for I'll never know!). Nobody cares about Sarver's opinions on a multitude of subjects. Nobody cares about half the douchey crap Danny tweets every day. Matt probably doesn't deem it necessary to bore his fans.He knows that we would all be happy for him that he's at Disneyworld because he loves it. He knows that we're interested in how tour rehearsals are going. We don't know that he's not been in meetings, making phone calls, or even been in the studio working on stuff. We're not there with him. With the amount he tweets, it takes 45 minutes out of his day (maybe even less) to do that. And most of it is done from his phone-which makes me think he isn't in his hotel room. He's not just sitting around drinking lemonade (haha). I choose to think that A) he was advised not to talk about things like that and B) he just wants his fans to see the fun he's having--- not make them irritated after every tweet.

And let's remember that we don't know if the 3 of them don't have twitter accounts because they have signed deals... it could just be coincidence and Lil doesn't have one either--- and I'll bet my left foot she doesn't have a deal with 19.

Another thing I want to weigh in on is everyone's favorite cougar, Kara. Honestly, we can have our opinions about her and her time on the show so far, but she is the single best change that happened on the show for Matt. Even more than the Wildcard and the Save which directly benefited him. (because remember Matt was Kara's 1st Wildcard choice and she explicitly stated she'd save him before singing) Kara, in her own way, gave the contestants the best advice. I've actually gone back and re-watched every performance several times and (I could really be objective now) she was mostly right with Matt. (with the exception of My Funny Valentine--- I think she was even right with HYERLAW and somewhat with YFM) She never plainly told him it sucked(liked Simon), she always added a piece of very useful advice for him to ponder. And like Leah has been saying, she's the VP at Warner. She's always had Matt at the forefront of her mind while he was on the show--- and I'm sure that hasn't changed now that he's off it.

Which comes to my last point-- the Colbie thing. Like Leah said, I don't for a second think the little "celebrity duet" he did with her, and the Mayer/Swift concert they attended together was at all coincidence. I just can't get out of my mind that that was set up by someone. And then again a couple of days ago, Matt facebooked that he was in John Mayer's personal recording studio. (which, if you'll noticed NOBODY else mentioned--- I would think that if any of the other idols were there-- they'd want the freakin world to know it!) I really don't think that any of this was just for fun. It's all about connections in that town and out of all the idols this side of Kradison (and maybe even moreso than them) he's making some damn good friends in some pretty high places. Say it with me: HE'S GOING TO BE FINE!!!!

Also, on the facebook note: he said he stood in the same place where Fleetwood mac recorded. I really have the feeling that he was hanging out with colbie again that day in addition to john just cause colbie's dad was a producer 4 fleetwood mac. If these aren't good connections, I don't know what are. Matt also seems like he is the ONLY ONE making these types of connections.
Pebbles, ITA with your whole post & I'll say it with u: HE'S GOING TO BE FINE!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:25 am

Quote :

Ok I'm stalking random people I don't know or even know anything about because of my obession with Matt. Geesh I need to get a life! Any way I saw this earlier on Matt's twitter (as I'm sure you all did)

Quote :
JoelmaddenSo when we jammin' homey? I'm in LA. Holla!

So I became curious and checked out Joel's twitter to see it he tweeted back and this is what he said...

Quote :
Let's do it bud.

So again it seems like Matt has impressed some people in the music industry and IMO this can only be a good thing!

And now I'm going to bed. See you guys tomorrow. I am excited for the chat...make sure to ask great questions! Hopefully we will get some exciting news!
Back to top Go down
pebbles87

pebbles87

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 1:53 pm

mattyg93 wrote:

Allison just said in her Comcast chat, that she was going to get a Twitter account once the tour starts up. This theory about twitter accounts is now dead.
Back to top Go down
pea0295

pea0295

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 10:42 am

Jenna wrote:
Quote :

Quote :

that is very true. Matt is the only one who constanly talks about his passion for music. and yeah I just think it's funny when scott tweets. more recently he's been tweeting about food, all his 'meetings', and he goes swimming a lot. Random but everyone uses twitter differently. Matt gets his love for music across to his fans perfectly bounce
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Quote :
Matt gets his love for music across to his fans perfectly bounce

And that is what I love about him most I think...his passion!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!   Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another one of my Crazy theories- Record deal time!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2