Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  http://mattgiraudmusic.com/  http://www.myspace.com/matthewscottgiraud  http://twitter.com/ImMattGiraud  https://www.facebook.com/mattgiraud  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Matt-Giraud-Fans/159059304134781  http://twitter.com/JennaSG  http://twitter.com/MattsFTLs  https://www.youtube.com/user/mattgiraudfans#p/p  http://mattgiraudfans.magix.net/  

Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!

Go down 
+11
Janizzle
skycheyan
mero17
macigirl
lumma
Cindyy
Jenna
cecilie
Cacity87
OvenMitt
2kids3dogs
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! Empty
PostSubject: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:21 pm

I guarantee no other fanbase has done this before! I know there are a few runners that are Giraud Squadders. What if we showed our support of Matt by running until he gets a record deal? It is a win-win situation - we can get healthy and fit, track our mileage and maybe make some shirts with the slogan Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! Maybe it can have a picture of a record with the message on the record? We could also take pics of us running and use as our avis!

Even if you have never run before, you can start off slowly run/walking - running a little and then walking a little. Jeff Galloway, an Olympic runner has this method for new runners that uses this method - running for 4 minutes, than walking 1 minute and repeating for however long you want to run! It is easy, I swear! You just need a watch that can be set for intervals.

There will be no minimum distance - just whatever you can do! We can post on here to keep track. If it takes awhile for him to be signed, we will be the best fit fan group around! Even if it is a short time, at 21 days it will become a habit, and you still win!

Materials needed:

1. A physical from your Dr if you haven't exercised for awhile (you probably don't need this but I am a Cross-Country Coach,it is what we require of students, so it is just a smart idea)
2. Running shoes from a running store - get fitted by someone who has running experience!
3. a watch that can set intervals - you can time yourself as well as use the intervals if you have never run.
4. Sunscreen!

Who is in?
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Capital idea! I already run, so I don't mind keeping track of my mileage. It really is win/win, and a cool and interesting way to show our support for Matt.

If y'all have the money and/or inclination, another cool way to track your mileage is with the Nike+iPod system. You obviously need an iPod, and you have to purshase a transmitter and the Nike shoes that fit the transmitter chip. It's not something I'd recommend buying unless you are already a runner and have at least an iPod, but it's really handy. You can keep a log online of your workouts, program workouts for time, distance, or calories you want to burn, and you can also set a favorite song as a "power song" to motivate you while running. anywho, just thought I'd mention it because I enjoy mine so much.
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 am

I am totally IN! I love to run, but haven't had the motivation lately. But let me tell ya this is PERFECT motivation! And the more the merrier! So I hope others decide to join! Smile

I started today (err..well, yesterday now) and only ran half a mile. But, that was b/c it was 98 degrees out and I was about to DIE! I will do better though...and of course, this was only my first day!

Ovenmitt - thanks for the tip about the Nike/iPod dealio. That sounds cool! I will have to check it out. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:55 am

I'm in - even if my joining prob won't make a huge difference in remote, little Denmark Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 6:35 am

Ummm can I walk? I promise to walk really fast! I broke my ankle a few years back and have all sorts of hardware in there...halfway up my leg. Basketball I thought this was appropriate because even our emoticons are exercising for Matt! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:54 am

Great idea!(:

But dangit. I only really wear flip flops at this time of the season. lol I'll have to go shopping for some good running shoes. (Yes, i no better than to run in flip flops.. I learn from mistakes hehe.)
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 8:59 am

Got in 2 1/2 this morning. I run between 6:30 and 7 before it get too hot and I lose my motivation.

Feel grreat! Jenna, if you have never run before, try jogging just a little and then walk and repeat it. Just see how it goes! Walking fast is good too - I'm just trying to challenge everyone - it is not easy for Matt either!

Come on Ladies - we can do this!
Back to top Go down
lumma

lumma

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 9:06 am

I'm not a runner but I walk for an hour a day. I follow it quite faithfully but I have to admit during the season, I even forgot to eat, not to mention to walk. I was literally attached to my little laptop LOL. But I'm back on the treadmill again now. Maybe I should step up my game and try running! YEAH I'm gonna run for Matt and myself! LOL. Just thinking about running for a long time scares me a little but you guys have motivated me to challenge my heart & lung, so thanks.
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:02 am

I walk an hour a day. I can jog in there for a few secs! Count me in!
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:38 am

yeah..I walk an hour a day too!!...could run in between or sth ..I mean what's a greater motivation than Matt!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skycheyan

skycheyan

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 10:59 am

I will try but it is a 101 where I am right now so it might be more like Passing out to matt a record deal.
Back to top Go down
OvenMitt

OvenMitt

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:08 am

Woot! 2.62 miles today, according to Nike+iPod. Another good thing about that: When you run your fastest time, Lance Armstrong talks to you and says, "This is Lance Armstrong. You just ran your fastest time yet. Congratulations!" Well, thank you, Lance.

P.S. I have to run early, too. 5:30. I hate it, but it really is the only way to beat the heat. Dig deep, ladies!
Back to top Go down
mero17

mero17

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 11:37 am

ran 1.8 miles exactly ...LOL!!!....it's pretty hot but Matt is there for motivation!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Janizzle

Janizzle

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:22 pm

This really is awesome and I'm glad Rhonda brought the idea here! I have been trying to get myself in the right shape for awhile. It boggles me that I did track for a year in high school and now I totally suck at running! Congrats on your accomplishments so far, ladies!

I already get up earlier than humanly possible--5 am. So I'm not sure when would be best for me ito run n the evenings. I'm gonna start looking into this thing, though!
Back to top Go down
Jenna
Admin
Jenna

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:48 pm

I will start once I get the new site completed! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://mattgiraudfans.forumotion.net
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:50 pm

So proud - yesterday I ran 6,2 miles - yay!! First time in 12 years. The last half hour I had LGIO on repeat - and with Matt in my ears I had so much energy Very Happy
He just "boosts" me up, that guy Laughing
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:54 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
I guarantee no other fanbase has done this before! I know there are a few runners that are Giraud Squadders. What if we showed our support of Matt by running until he gets a record deal? It is a win-win situation - we can get healthy and fit, track our mileage and maybe make some shirts with the slogan Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! Maybe it can have a picture of a record with the message on the record? We could also take pics of us running and use as our avis!

Even if you have never run before, you can start off slowly run/walking - running a little and then walking a little. Jeff Galloway, an Olympic runner has this method for new runners that uses this method - running for 4 minutes, than walking 1 minute and repeating for however long you want to run! It is easy, I swear! You just need a watch that can be set for intervals.
There will be no minimum distance - just whatever you can do! We can post on here to keep track. If it takes awhile for him to be signed, we will be the best fit fan group around! Even if it is a short time, at 21 days it will become a habit, and you still win!

Materials needed:

1. A physical from your Dr if you haven't exercised for awhile (you probably don't need this but I am a Cross-Country Coach,it is what we require of students, so it is just a smart idea)
2. Running shoes from a running store - get fitted by someone who has running experience!3. a watch that can set intervals - you can time yourself as well as use the intervals if you have never run.
4. Sunscreen!

Who is in?

Very sane piece of advice, ladies! You can really hurt yourselves if you push it to much in the beginning! Been there! So go easy
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:10 pm

YAY! Love it! Y'all are doing awesome! Cecilie - did you do a 10K? Omigosh if you did right out the gate! And yes, you can make a difference in Denmark!
Dang! I'll total mileage at the end of the night to try to motivate and praise everyone! Woohoo! We are on our way!
Back to top Go down
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:19 pm

2kids3dogs wrote:
YAY! Love it! Y'all are doing awesome! Cecilie - did you do a 10K? Omigosh if you did right out the gate! And yes, you can make a difference in Denmark!
Dang! I'll total mileage at the end of the night to try to motivate and praise everyone! Woohoo! We are on our way!

I did, I did Very Happy and lovin' it
I'd love it if we could get som t-shirts made - any thougths?
Back to top Go down
Cindyy

Cindyy

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:20 pm

I wouldn't mind making some tshirts for you all. (: I am looking for more things to design.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/cindsss
cecilie

cecilie

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:21 pm

Cindyy wrote:
I wouldn't mind making some tshirts for you all. (: I am looking for more things to design.

wow - that would be amazing!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Cacity87

Cacity87

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:42 pm

Cindyy wrote:

Cindy is flippin' awesome too!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/cassidylrobinson
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:30 pm

How about a record - big - with the songs he sang on the show listed (like the old albums!) and then around the outside of the album, circling it, Running to get a record deal for Matty G.

or

A running man wearing a fedora?
Back to top Go down
macigirl

macigirl

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 7:33 pm

Cacity87 wrote:
Cindyy wrote:

Cindy is flippin' awesome too!!! Smile

Yay! Very exciting!

Put me down today for 3 miles walking (fast with a bit of jogging!)
Back to top Go down
2kids3dogs

2kids3dogs

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:36 am

drive by posting - got to get to work but got 3 miles in today.

Happy running/jogging/fast walking!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!   Running to get Matty G a Record Deal! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Running to get Matty G a Record Deal!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next